April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4
Price: 2 (~$12/30 mL)
Packaging: 4
Buy again: yes

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this because I saw ItsJudyTime did a first impressions video on it on youtube. I have the shade 925 Buff Beige. I am Chinese with a light to medium warm-olive undertone and freckles on my cheeks. I am oily skinned, prone to breakouts.

I had a hard time finding a shade in the store - I kind of just picked whatever might've looked like it would work for me and I lucked out with this one. It's a a warm beige shade that just errs on the side of being a little too pink for my very yellow skin but you can't really tell once it's on my face, as I think it helps to balance out the very yellow tones in my skin. This foundation promises to have the lasting power of primer, coverage of a concealer and blendability of a foundation in one, shine-free.

Coverage:
I personally like light-medium coverage. I don't like full coverage foundations as I find they often look cakey and mask-like, and don't look like skin. This foundation has light-medium buildable coverage. I have some left over marks from past acne, and this helps to minimize them without looking heavy. If I have particularly dark marks, I will need to go in with separate concealer on top, otherwise this foundation does fine on lighter marks by itself.

Feel:
I don't like thick foundations - in fact, for the last 6-7 years, I've pretty much ONLY worn powder foundations, so liquid foundations in general feel heavy to me. This one is actually pretty good. It doesn't feel thick or heavy on my oily skin. I don't use a primer with this, I just apply with a sponge (either the beauty blender or the plain white triangle sponges) on top of moisturized skin and pat to blend. When it has set, it does not feel like a mask is on my face, even with a few layers on. And like I mentioned, despite the slight pinkish tone in the foundation, it is forgiving and blends on my very yellow skin just fine without looking strange.

Longevity:
I've tried this for a few different things: a night out with friends, clubbing for Halloween, and work. It is great for probably about 6 hours - it stays true to colour (I didn't turn orange), doesn't break up or smear or fade. When I tried to wear it for work, it didn't exactly last. Granted, I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital where I am constantly running around in the emergency department... so perhaps not a fair test. I find at the 8 hour mark the foundation starts to fade and my oil starts to really break through the foundation. BUT, as I said, for 6-8 hour wear, if you work in a calm environment where you don't have to sweat or run around, it'll be perfect and look great all day long. (And yes, I do powder my foundation to set it after I've applied it).

Packaging:
One the the great pluses of this product over other drugstore foundations is the fact that it comes in glass bottle with a pump! So many times drugstore foundations get the short end of the stick with crappy packaging with a giant hole in the top of a bottle which makes it hard to control the amount of product coming out. Thank you CoverGirl for giving us a pump.

Other:
I have very breakout-prone skin, and this doesn't break me out. I don't wear it daily, maybe like 1-3x/week, and I always cleanse my skin at night before I go to sleep. I appreciate the sunscreen in the formula, especially as the weather starts to warm up and the sun is coming back. It photographs well in flash photography because the active sunscreen is ensulizole, not zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.

All in all, I think this is a pretty good foundation for the price, and is one of the better drugstore foundations. Now, if they would only make more yellow-toned shades...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by netssaving4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because a beauty guru on YouTube stated it was pretty good. So cheap couponing me decided to give it a go (had a coupon). Smell was ok, consistency not so go more on the runny side. After applying the foundation it made my face look on the lighter side (maybe I bought the wrong color). 3 hours had pass and my face just looked the same with a shine to it. I would not recommend this product to anyone. I wanted to like it but I guess this is not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Meggs88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This starts out as a pretty good foundation, I like the coverage and that it's build-able with no odor that I noticed. It does seem that it would be drying to people with dry skin but in oily so I liked the matte look However the color was a little off. I'm more on the fair side and felt that it was fair enough but not quite the right undertone. I have it a two lippies because after a while it turns orange. Not only does it turn orange but it doesn't keep my face from getting shiny which I though having a built in primer would help do and because it applies pretty matte like. So because my face turns oily, the product starts to get blotchy. A shiny, blotchy, orange face... Yea no thank you. I don't care how nice it applies or the color starts out, if it doesn't last when the name is STAY fabulous, it's a fail.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by biogrrl

Ugh, no, nope, never again. I tried it before and thought it was breaking me out, but in my latest quest to find a decent long-wear foundation, I got sucked in again. Thought maybe it was a fluke last time, but it very clearly breaks me out something awful. I never get whiteheads, and within 3 days, I've got 10 (!!!) new blemishes. Sucks because the coverage and wear was excellent, but it totally trashed my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Amlymei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after trying to find a cheaper foundation, and after reading reviews I went the next day to buy it. I'm very disappointed. I bought the lightest shade as I'm about as pale as one can be and it matched alright. I did a test swab on my arm and didn't see it oxidize throughout the day. However, when I put it on my face it was very cakey and it didn't even my skin tone out at all. It also accentuated my acne. I didn't even bother leaving the house, I immediately took it off, so I can't talk about how long it last.

That being said the packaging was very nice and it the product didn't feel heavy on the skin when I applied it. Maybe it just didn't work for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by BreannNicole

Love Love Love this product!! Im on my second bottle and I typically don't buy the same foundations repeatedly. But this one i love! I heard everyone rave about it on youtube but didn't believe the hype. I previously wore make up forever, and ran out so i decided to try this, and i was amazed! Its not as sheer as mufe (I concealed a lot with mufe), but i liked the natural look this gave me (like mufe). My routine is simple now, i do use primer but nowhere near as much concealer. Great product for full coverage all day wear, my type for my combo skin girls out there is to pair with with neutrogena combination skin moisturizer. You won't be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a really good drugstore product put out by CoverGirl. Sadly, the lightest colors are too dark for my pale skin. If they revamped the color spectrum to include pale neutral toned women I would definately try again but for now I do not find a match-- all too dark or orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

On my 3th bottle. Finally settled and happy with my face! Lasts well. No streaks, no shine, no pores. Excellent colour match for fair skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kimdja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Those who have dry-skin, BEWARE. This product is amazing, gives very good coverage, indeed lasts all day, and has excellent packaging; the only downside is that this ideally fits those with oily skin; at least, that's what I've concluded. It made my dry areas on my face more noticeable and overall, did not look natural on me. I use this more-so as just a concealer now since the places I do tend to conceal are the more oily spots on my face, but not so much as a foundation. Lovely product, just not for my skin-type.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sdalbey

I usually have bad luck with drugstore products, but this one is amazing. It has great overall coverage, lasts all day, and plus it has sunscreen. It doesn't usually get too cakey, but it can if you have dry skin. The pump applicator is very convenient, and for the price, I love it. The lightest colour fits my skin perfectly.