April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Nearly Naked Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by BeautyByEmily87

This powder is ok. It has a funny smell to it, I thought it was my brush, but no.. It's the powder. The powder really clings to dry patches which I didn't even know I had. I wouldn't purchase again, nor recommend mostly because of the smell and cakiness. Do not buy. As well as that, the powder doesn't stay matte all day, only about 4 hours at most. My T-Area tends to look oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

This is a really lovely powder as far as consistency. I don't know if I've ever come across such a finely-milled, silky powder, especially from the drugstore.

But it's still just a powder, and although Revlon claims this will provide coverage, I found it to be very sheer. I personally didn't buy it to wear as foundation but as a setting powder. I didn't like it at first, but once I tried different ways of applying I figured how best to use it.

It comes with what is the absolutely crappiest sponge I've ever seen. Tossed it, grabbed one of those square sponges you can get at the drugstore; problem solved. The problem with using the sponge was that it went through the powder at the speed of light, and hit pan after a couple of weeks. The sponge just picks up too much product, and it wound up making my skin look chalky as well. I switched to one of my Ecotools blush brushes, and that did the job. With only a sheer layer it didn't look powdery our overly matte, but just smoothed out the top of my foundation and blurred my pores. It helped my makeup stay in place and keep it from looking too oily, but it definitely didn't keep it matte all day.

I was definitely torn when picking out a color because I'm between Fair and Light (NW15-20). I went with the Fair, and it's just a tad too light I think, but it's still useable. The problem is the small shade range: only six shades. I wish Revlon would take it's cue from L'Oreal and make a powder with a shade range like True Match. So annoying!

Because I don't use the sponge, the compact is unnecessarily clunky. I wish they'd just skip the sponge altogether. I'm also aware that many people probably prefer the sponge as it's just more convenient to touch up that way. It's just a personal preference. The mirror is a decent size, the closure is sturdy, and the back of the compact doesn't just flop back and forth. So the packaging is about average from drug store. One thing I'll say from Revlon is that I've probably had dozens and dozens of their products over the years and never had a single problem with cracks, breakage, or breakdown of product.

So this is a really beautiful product from Revlon, all in all. I would like to buy this again but I'm not 100% because the Fair is too pale and I'm not sure Light would work for me. If your skin isn't very oily, I'd say give it a shot as a nice setting powder, but if you need a workhorse to keep the oilies at bay, this is not for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. Nice idea, but definitely clogs pores. Also, it tends to look muddy after an hour, despite the lightest application. In the trash it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really want to like this product for a lot of reasons, but I'm currently "meh" about it. We'll see if my opinion changes with more use.
First of all, all that I've heard about it being finely milled and smooth is true. I knew as soon as I swatched it that it felt very HE & different than many of my other powders. So that's what I like most about this product. The finish is also very nice (I use it as a setting powder lightly with a large fluffy brush...when I use the puff for touch ups I have to be careful, as that can apply too much product and look cakey just like any other powder).
The things that keep me from loving the product, though: I bought it in the lightest shade, and it doesn't seem particularly light. I'm not necessarily ghostly, but I am pale with yellow undertones. The lightest shade seems more pinky, which bums me out, but the second lightest shade, which is yellowish, is WAY too dark. It looks closer to medium than light. The other thing I don't like is that it seems to oxidize on my face. I haven't tried it with a primer yet, so maybe that will help, and I'll update if it does.
The packaging is okay. It seems very drugstore, and the mirror is small, which is a bummer, because it seems like a nice product in mediocre packaging. Packaging has never really been a make or break thing for me, though, so it doesn't bother me much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As with powder you 'll end up blotting at some point of the day so im not knocking this pressef powder for that. But....this is my hg powder. Wow its so natural looking. Its absolutey the best drugstore powder in my opinion. Its lightweight, blends well, great color match, no smell, silky texture...the price a little pricey for a drugstore powder but oh well. Its like 12 or 13 bucks here in texas. But at walgreens they got a buy one get onehalf off. But since its an awesome pressed powder it deserves the price tag. Better than mac powders. Also no breakouts. Try it. Update: I forgot to update that loreal true match beats this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

This is definitely one of my favorite powders! It is very lightweight and feels as if it is a higher end powder. It has light to medium coverage and does not look cakey on my skin! It doesnt keep you entirely matte but it does reduce shine. i love the texture of this powder and will deff repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I got this at Kmart for 50% off and I do quite enjoy it! I love how smooth and finely milled it is. The coverage is just right and not cakey at all. When I take my makeup off at night, my face still looks super smooth after 12 hours of wear (I'm a student so my school days are long). It could get messy and there's a lot of fallout if you're not careful but I use the Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply it. Any big powder brush will do honestly. The packaging is cute as well. While I like it, I don't love it enough to repurchase (maybe if it's ever on sale again for $4.99) but $9.99 is kind of much. And my love for trying different powders makes it hard to commit to just one

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ldeibert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! To me it is comparable with a high end finishing powder. It is very silk and smooth to the touch- very finely milled and creamy! The only thing I don't like is the packaging, it is just a bit bulky, but it is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is absolutely aaaaamazing. HG material!!!
I have it in Light, it seems to have a yellowish undertone and is quite dark for being named Light. I'm an NC30-35 and I feel if that if I was any lighter, Light would be too dark so I got lucky lol
Moving on, this powder never really cakes up no matter how many layers you apply (great for me cause I always tend to overdo my powder) it instantly mattifies my face in a way that kinda blurs out my acne scars and overall just makes my makeup look a lot better
It doesn't keep me matte all day though, I do have to blot and reapply but I really don't mind.
The feel of it is what is unheard of in drugstore powder.. When you swatch it, it literally feels like cream or like, silk. It is so smooth. Feels so high end.
Will definitely repurchase. (got mine for $10.99CDN at Target. A bit pricey, yes, but worth every penny)
The absolute best powder in the drugstore IMO! Try it out!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Golden beige in Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, NC 35 in MAC Studiofix foundation powder. Bought this power in Medium together with the Nearly Naked liquid foundation (which I'm not a big fan of either). Texture of the powder is very nice, you can feel that it's very fine and goes on smoothly. However after a few hours my face was SO orange I looked ilke Tan Mom. This is the second powder that I've bought that oxidizes so badly on me ( the other being MUFE's multi use powder) .

The packaging is nice, comes in a white rectangular compact with a mirror inside. Forget about the sponge. It's so cheaply made and I usually just toss the sponges that come with drugstore powder away and use my own.

I might try a lighter shade but honestly since it doesn't really help in keeping me matte all day, I think I'd rather spend the money to get a new Maybelline Dream Matte powder which has been my staple powder for years.