September 2, 2014 | 1098 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by aubjohnson19

I love the loreal true match line. I have the powder I use to use the foundation (now I use a bb cream) and I haven't tried their liquid concealer yet. But I picked this up because I picked a cheap concealer that didn't do literally anything but just have a fruity smell. Concealer isn't supposed to be fruity smelling. But anyways, I got in the car and immediateally swatched it to see the color and texture. It seemed very creamy. When I put it on alone it doesn't cake or make it noticeable that I'm wearing it. It gives off a very natural appearance. The color I have is W 4-5. I do have a few tips on this. Rub this concealer, don't pat. You do NOT have to rub so harshly you will ruin your under eye skin, this concealer blends very easily. Don't put this on your dry spots. It clings onto dry skin and will look patchy. Any face makeup can look cakey. Depending on how much you use. This doesn't give a cakey affect but I wouldn't try to build up the coverage so much or it will look very cakey. I do recommend this for people with not such dry skin, but I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great concealer! The color I have is light neutral 123, too light for me but I use it under my eyes and powder on top and it does the job. Covers well and lasts all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by limoncandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is very greasy, it caused me to break out after using this for two days. I also had a hard time finding a shade to match my tone. The packaging is great though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

For around $9, this is a great concealer, you get value for every penny. I saw a beauty guru on YouTube use it for highlighting (Trisha Paytas) and was surprised at how pigmented this product was (even though I didn't like her foundation routine that much). I bought the lightest shade and used it under my eyes to cover the darkness and veins in that area and was pleasantly surprised! The problems in my eye area are severe (blue, red and green veins all over, redness, dark maroon colors), so please believe me when I say this covers everything to a tee with just one swipe! It's super blendable, with just a few fingertip pats it blends really nicely into the skin. It's not an oily type of product so there's no need to spend like 5 minutes patting it with a sponge until it blends, I like this crayon so much. It's a stick concealer that dries to a powder type texture so I really think this could only be a problem for women with dry skin or dry patches on their face. Otherwise I think this makes a great concealer for women with normal to oily skin! It did not sink into fine lines or react negatively with my hyper sensitive skin also, it sets BEAUTIFUL with powder on top of it, so my final thoughts on it is this concealer is just fantastic. A huge thumbs up for L'Oreal!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by minosan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This little crayon is a pretty amazing concealer that doesn't break me out! That's literally the most important thing to me... and I'm so glad that this product doesn't clog my pores or cause more breakouts. My skin is very acne-prone and I use acne medication so I also have dry spots but my overall skin is incredibly oily.

I have light-tan, medium skin. I bought this for around $12 bucks after tax at Target and I got the shade 'Light/Medium: W4-5'. This shade is darker than my face. It's a bit beige-orange against my skin and my sister thought I was wearing bronzer because my acne scars around my cheekbones and I applied it around there only. So I purchased the next shade lighter which is 'Fair/Light W-1-2-3' but this one was way too white/light on my skin. What I do now is I mix the two and it matches my skin well... but it'd be great if there was a shade that was just a tiny bit lighter than the W4-5.

Staying power is incredible. It's almost comparable to my expensive $40 MUFE full cover concealer. Application is easy. I just put the product right onto my face and blend/tap with my fingers. Once you set it with a powder (I use the L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder on top), it doesn't move/transfer and it stays on for the whole day (8-10 hours). It stayed on even as I walked around the scorching sun and I was sweating like crazy... Whatever you concealed stays concealed. Pretty great for a drugstore concealer.

Overall, I'm very happy with this.
- The price of $12 is decent.
- Staying power is amazing.
- Doesn't break me out and doesn't clog my pores.
The only thing I wish would be better is if they added a shade between the W-1-2-3 and W-4-5. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Breezylife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love these! Honestly! So easy to use...work great under the eye in a bright color, to cover a blemish in your skin tone, or to CONTOUR in a dark color (that's my secret trick!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim. I generally use a full-coverage concealer like Hard Candy's Glamouflage, so I kinda wanted something more day-to-day and maybe something that wasn't as full-coverage. This concealer stick came to my attention due to its seemingly easy usage. No sharpening, no liquid, just a straight up stick concealer and that's what this is, nothing more and nothing less. For those that deal with normal or slightly oily skin, this will be a good stand-by, I think, but with combination or dry skin like mine, this is a no-go.

The product glides on effortlessly but patches up way too easily. It goes dry and cakey within minutes after applying for me and going over top with foundation or even using the concealer on top, it doesn't want to play nice with other products. Even after applying underneath my eyes, when I go to blend it out, it just stamps away on my sponge or brush. Not a fan of something that dissappears when it should be covering my problem spots. I can see this being used for contour or highlighting on the face or if you're using it alone, but with other products, it just doesn't work well enough for me to justify keeping or even buying another.

*Also, if you lose the top, you're out of luck unless you can cover it. Don't forget to replace the cap, either, it dries up within hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by natsiroo

I have had such a good experience with L'oreal true match crayon concealer. For acne prone skin, this is a great concealer that really hides blemishes and acne scars. Only draw back is that it gets a little cakey for under eyes. Other then that, it is a great product and I've already been through seven or eight of these. Great to travel with also!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by immiaaxo

Amazing concealer, love this for everything except under eyes, my eyes are too dry for a stick concealer but this is really great for touch ups! Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, wow. I love this little crayon! I recently put it to the test against Revlon's Photoready concealer and this product won. I have wanted to try a more full coverage under eye concealer since I don't always get a enough sleep due to work and life in general. This is very creamy and smooth and applies like a dream. I just rub it on one of my fingertips and blend away. (btw: shade purchased N-1-2-3 light/medium)

It gives me the best coverage for dark circles I've ever gotten from a drugstore concealer. This was recommended in Allure's Best of Beauty this year for that very purpose. Their rec's are hit or miss for me but this was a win. I love the True Match foundation and powder (not the newest version of that, mattifying powders break me out). It lasts incredibly well through the day with minimal melting or breaking down. You can reapply more in touch up's without it getting cakey. It doesn't dry out and get weird under my eye like Photoready did (that sucker's going back to the store). It has no shimmer (unlike Revlon), just great color and coverage.

I prefer to use this for my under eye area and under my nose for broken capillary redness. It's good to use for brightening here and there too but to cover blemishes I still go to my Maybelline stick concealer (the basic one that looks like a tube of flesh colored lipstick, that was an Allure Best of Beauty winner one year too). Maybelline's formula spreads and stays put better for me when I need to cover up zits but is the wrong shade for under my eye.

I wish the package twisted up/down and click/locked into place the way Revlon's Photoready does but I do love that there are grooves in the cap and tube that prove a nice clicked down seal when you put it on. I have chubby stick lip products whose lids don't have that and their caps come off a little too easy sometimes.

Anyway, I declare L'Oreal the winner!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No