November 28, 2014 | 1723 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I completely forgot I owned any of these until I saw someone review them. They aren't a very memorable product. The colour payoff isn't that great and they're a little sticky.

I do like the packaging which was what attracted me to the product in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fabulous product & value. Some lip products are too cakey, creamy, sparkly or shiny for work but somehow these weird gloss stains just get the job done (no pun intended). I own most of the colors- but I don't have to be embarrassed about that on MakeupAlley, since we're all makeup addicts here, right? (:

COLORS & FINISH: Sheerer and less shiny than the YSL glossy stains. More wearable, in my opinion. I can wear these to work in a corporate office environment, whereas the few YSLs I have look too "fancy." I am the type of natural blonde with warm skin that can tan and dark blue eyes. I'm NC25 but my lips are pale, cooler toned. What this means for the purposes of this review, is that I have very little natural lip pigment to interfere with the color of the product. ***Your results may differ***

- Endless red - if you get 1, try this. It's quite neutral. 2+ layers for solid color
- Coral - on me it's a bright warm red. I like it, but rarely wear it. Be warned.
- Stubborn plum - surprised but I love this one. It's not a weird purple, but magenta pink. Makes my eyes look aqua.
- Nude - it's a brick-ish coral on me. I can't see this as nude on anyone, but I like it. Makes eyes look bluer.
- Pink resistance - lightest & my fave. Seems like everyone else hates this 1 and says it doesn't show up. I agree it doesn't darken or lighten lips. I don't use it for that. I use it to layer volume and fix lip texture & tone. On me, it leaves a pale pink gloss and fills in the lip imperfections like little lines or dry skin. It does take awhile- apply layer, let dry, repeat 2-3x. It must look ok bc I've gotten a lot of compliments on it and even been asked if I got Juvaderm lol.
- Pink perseverance - rosy pink on me. I use it for the same purpose as above. If pink resistance doesn't show up on you, exchange for this.
- Rose on & on - dark rose on me. There's nothing wrong with this color, but it doesn't flatter me and I don't think it's special.
- Caramel - brown and autumnal. In fall this was beautiful. I recommend less layers with this shade, unless you're going for that super brown 80s & early 90s look.
- Berry persistent - winter color. Makes eyes look blue. Quite a statement lip if you're fair. It's too much for me. Bright + dark = garish.
- Lilac ever after - not lilac, but mauve with soft shimmer. It's a my-lips-but-better color. Not bad but not special IMO.

CONSISTENCY: I love the wet, cool alcohol-y feeling when applying these. The reviewer who said they smell mildly of beer is right. It's like one of those pale strawberry ales. I find it pleasant and It dissipates quickly.

APPLICATION: Think of this like applying nail polish- your results will be best if you apply thin, even coats and let dry in between. After the first layer dries, I add another layer or 2 or 3.

WEAR: Sticky and lasts hours for me. Not drying, but may encourage you to bite or lick your lips bc of the novel feeling, and that will dry out your lips. I like a thick gloss feel, bc it lets me know the product is there or if not, that indicates I should reapply.

BOTTOM LINE: Love @ $9. In a dry, dull, fluorescent office they add color, moisture & shine. There is a learning curve. At first, I didn't understand how to apply them. I stashed them in my desk drawer. Now I reach for them often.

Highly build-able, mixable wearable colors. If you buy several, you can mix your own custom shades by adding a layer of 1, then a layer of another. For example, if berry is too dark, you can apply a pink or rose, then a thin amount of berry, then top with rose. I use the coral under a layer of lilac (it may sound odd, but it tones down bright coral). You can also mix shades- if you work quickly. For fair skinned people, I mix the red or the brown with one of the pinks rather than applying them straight. Put a dab of both colors on the back of your clean hand, then mix & apply by smoothing a clean finger across lips fast. Allow to dry, repeat.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these!!! I bought them in Rose on and One, Coral Tattoo, Lilac Ever After, and Berry Persistant.

OVERALL: great staying power, does not dry out lips, feels great (I'm uber picky about lip products "feel"), colors are gorgeous - they look bold in tube but on they are very wearable. They almost istantly calm down to a wearable tone and that is the color they STAY. I have tried many other stains that were great intially but left me with a Fushia stain. These do not do that. I like that the within 1 minute you know the color will get. Love the package and the applicator. Only con is they do smell like alcohol. It does go away after ~10min. They stink less than YSL GS. Can add 2nd coat for darker color (I like this!!!)

COMPARE TO YSL: I bought these b/c I have swooned over YSL Glossy Stains for so long. I couldn't decide on a color that I wanted to invest $40 on so I finally bought some YSL GS samples of eBay. The YSL GS are more opaque color. They are much more glossy/shiny (which some may like but I do not want the super shiny look). YSL are stickier/heavier feeling than L'Oreal. Both have the micro gold glitter. I'm talking the finest glitter you've ever seen - NOT frosty - its gorgeous!!! L'Oreal and YSL are same company. It HAS to be the same glitter. They are equally long lasting. The YSL has more color selections. Because the YSL are more opaque, they have more "ring around the lip" effect as they wear off. The Wet Shines are more medium coverage and wear off prettier IME. Both have excellent wear time which I love. I almost exclusively buy long-wear and stain lip formulas.

Rose On and On: Great rose shade. Rose looks great with my brown eyes and skin tone.

Coral Tattoo: My HG coral!! I always get compliments when I wear this shade! It is bright but looks great with so many of my summer outfits

Lilac Ever After: On me this one looks VERY different than tube - looks much pinkier on. It is a gorgeous mauve color. It has some of the micro-gold glitter that I talked about above. It is great! Google swatches

Berry Persistant: This a bold berry. It is more bold than I am used to wearing (I'm the YLBB queen). I think it might look better with my fall/winter wardrobe. It just doesn't go with anything I have right now (summer).

I got mine from Amazon subscribe and save program for like $4.50/tube. Can't beat that at all!!! I plan on trying the red and the nude! I really like these because they feel nice and LAST and a tenth of the price of my long-time lemming!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by wunderbar574

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awful! I am a PPP and bought the color 191 stubborn plum. The first thing I noticed was its terribly chemical taste and smell. It also made my lips tingle, which was kind of odd.

I added one layer and looked in the mirror. My lips looked glossy but there was no color! So I added another layer, and same thing. Then I added a third... still no color!

I figured maybe it needed some time to settle, so I waited twenty minutes. At the end of that my lips were still glossy but had no color whatsoever.

This product is awful. I just bought it tonight and can't wait to return it tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by perchta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this today after reading the reviews (and finding it on sale!) and I'm very happy with it!

I got Endless Red, since I wanted a nice stain shade after the gloss was gone, and it was pretty good.

Pros - even after patting it once with a tissue, it looked glossy and rich, and had very little colour transfer to my coffee cup. The 'gloss' look lasted a good hour or two without touching it up, even with drinking and eating.

Cons - once the gloss was gone, the stain only lasted an hour or so. And the gloss is slightly tacky, which I quickly got used to, but felt weird. I'm only giving it 3 at this point, since I want to try more colours before I make up my mind.

I think I'll buy a lighter shade next, now that I know that the gloss is long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I was bored during my flight one red eye and to keep myself awake I decided to browse, for the millionth time, our on board Duty Free catalogue.

Due to my apparent lack of sleep everything seemed to jump out at me. But the L'Oreal Colour Riche gloss Gift Set we had intrigued me and my Mastercard the most!

It included three shades, Juliet, Stubborn Plum and Pink Resistance. I do believe Juliet is discontinued now. But it was a pinky red shade with blue undertones. Each tone is picked to suit each person and their skin tone, and they really do.

This set cost me $24CDN but with my crew discount I paid $18CDN. When I see them individually in the drugstore they are usual $9CDN each.

The brush for this gloss is a heart shaped sponge with a nice sharp tip to apply it with perfection.

The gloss glides on with ease and feels very light on the lips. Once applied it sets into almost a thick balm., but not sticky. However if you apply to thick of a coat, it will feel heavy and sticky.

The colour payoff is perfect, subtle but still makes the lips shine with a blush of colour.

It lasts for quite some time too. I find I don't need to reapply every hour. After having something to eat though I like to apply a thin coat.

My lips feel hydrated and soft while wearing this.

Eventually I will go to the drugstore and explore more shade options, but I have had these glosses for almost 4 months and they are still going strong. So the fact they last a while too in the makeup bag is a plus.

I think it is a fabulous product from L'Oreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by aayushi08041988

I got the it in shade Juliette 702. LOreal Paris Shine Caresse in Juliette is a bright rusty red shade that has the shine of a Lip Gloss and staying power of a Lip Stain that provides hydration of a lip balm. LOreal Paris Shine Caresse in Juliette reminds me of Hollywood heroines of the retro movies. This shade should suit all girls of all the skin tones majorly. Since girls with deeper skin tones find it harder to choose a Red Lipstick. So this is one shade that will work equally well for deeper skin toned girls as it would for fair skin toned girls. I usually wear this Juliette shade with simple nude looking eyes. LOreal Paris Shine Caresse in Juliette is a shade which instantly brightens up my face. This Shade has been chosen for me by my Romeo after seeing a model wearing it in an advertisement of Loreal Paris Shine Caresse. I found it really cute after I had been bugging him about helping me choose a shade. The lip shine gloss bottle has a golden color with luxurious luster which made it very desirable for me. Even though I am not a huge fan of lip glosses but this is not just any regular lip gloss. It is truly more of a lip stain than a lip gloss. For a more detailed review check http://www.crush-on-beauty.com/2014/04/loreal-paris-shine-caresse-juliette-review-swatches

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very kind swapper here gave me samples of the YSL version of this & I fell in love. But having caviar tastes on an oatmeal budget forced me to try these instead. I purchased Pink Rebellion, Infinite Fuchsia, and a red one - Forever Red or Endless Red maybe? I don't have it here with me right now.

At any rate, they go on watery at first, then dry to a tackier finish. Not sticky. Not uncomfortable. What I do notice immediately is that mine do not smell sweet at all. Mine smell like beer, I swear! All of mine do. So if you want a beer-scented gloss/stain, this will be for you.

They do last a very long time. Both the gloss and the stain. I am a smoker. I have smoked, drank, ate, and brushed my teeth with these on & the product is still there. Not as heavy or full as when originally applied but still super visible. Wow.

Since I am a gloss/lipstick/lip stain/balm addict, I see my stash being minimized in the very near future. I am seriously thinking of unloading my loot & using these only from here on out. Think of all the $$$ I will save by not buying every lip product known to man & sticking with these only. I should be able to save enough for the YSL version some day. :-)

I gave 4 lippies, only because of my lips smelling like a brewery. But man, do they look great! :-) I will most assuredly be repurchasing these.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always had issue with lipsticks that "stain" so they don't budge (budge proof) as the formulas are almost always very tacky, you cant blot it right and then they dry patchy and you have to almost exfoliate your mouth to get it off. Even the ones that have a balm at the other end never seem to support the stain formula so you get the look you want.

I picked up the red shade in this line because I didn't really feel any of the other shades looked nice in the tubes. As usual, the first application didn't spread and dried immediately into a ring on the inside of my lips and it wasn't flattering. Any attempts to correct this weren't successful, which means one has to slather the product over the mouth in order for it to not appear patchy. This is fine if I'm looking to create a bold mouth look, however I like versatility with my lip colors and I wouldn't be able to do that with this lip gloss meets budge proof stain.

I really have to spend time with this product to get the look I want out of it, which makes it time consuming. The positives are that it does leave a nice red flush to my mouth as it fades with eating and drinking, and if I apply some lip balm to it, it helps avoid that unsightly ring of bright red color on the inside of my lips.

I give it a two because I CAN wear it with some effort, but I feel for what I'm getting, the price is too high. I wont purchase any other colors from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great combo product if you're looking for something long-lasting that isn't a lipstick. I don't get a lot of moisturizing effects from this, so I wouldn't say it replaces a balm, but it's a great alternative if you're a fan of stain/gloss. When you first apply this product (I have it in Lilac-Ever-After, a nice "your lips but better" color for me) you notice the color and shine right away. After a little while the shine dulls a bit and you're left with a lovely swatch of translucent color and a touch of sparkle. It's not glittery or overpowering, but enough to make this a "dressed up" look for me, not something I swipe on at the ballpark. Later, when the glitter fades, the staying power of this stuff becomes most apparent by the gentle stain it leaves behind. This is my favorite feature of this product because the color it leaves at this point is exactly what I'm looking for in my colored lip product, and it stays on FOREVER. HOURS later I can just apply a little balm and enjoy perfectly colored lips!