October 25, 2014 | 1834 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by wunderbar574

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awful! I am a PPP and bought the color 191 stubborn plum. The first thing I noticed was its terribly chemical taste and smell. It also made my lips tingle, which was kind of odd.

I added one layer and looked in the mirror. My lips looked glossy but there was no color! So I added another layer, and same thing. Then I added a third... still no color!

I figured maybe it needed some time to settle, so I waited twenty minutes. At the end of that my lips were still glossy but had no color whatsoever.

This product is awful. I just bought it tonight and can't wait to return it tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by perchta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this today after reading the reviews (and finding it on sale!) and I'm very happy with it!

I got Endless Red, since I wanted a nice stain shade after the gloss was gone, and it was pretty good.

Pros - even after patting it once with a tissue, it looked glossy and rich, and had very little colour transfer to my coffee cup. The 'gloss' look lasted a good hour or two without touching it up, even with drinking and eating.

Cons - once the gloss was gone, the stain only lasted an hour or so. And the gloss is slightly tacky, which I quickly got used to, but felt weird. I'm only giving it 3 at this point, since I want to try more colours before I make up my mind.

I think I'll buy a lighter shade next, now that I know that the gloss is long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

I was bored during my flight one red eye and to keep myself awake I decided to browse, for the millionth time, our on board Duty Free catalogue.

Due to my apparent lack of sleep everything seemed to jump out at me. But the L'Oreal Colour Riche gloss Gift Set we had intrigued me and my Mastercard the most!

It included three shades, Juliet, Stubborn Plum and Pink Resistance. I do believe Juliet is discontinued now. But it was a pinky red shade with blue undertones. Each tone is picked to suit each person and their skin tone, and they really do.

This set cost me $24CDN but with my crew discount I paid $18CDN. When I see them individually in the drugstore they are usual $9CDN each.

The brush for this gloss is a heart shaped sponge with a nice sharp tip to apply it with perfection.

The gloss glides on with ease and feels very light on the lips. Once applied it sets into almost a thick balm., but not sticky. However if you apply to thick of a coat, it will feel heavy and sticky.

The colour payoff is perfect, subtle but still makes the lips shine with a blush of colour.

It lasts for quite some time too. I find I don't need to reapply every hour. After having something to eat though I like to apply a thin coat.

My lips feel hydrated and soft while wearing this.

Eventually I will go to the drugstore and explore more shade options, but I have had these glosses for almost 4 months and they are still going strong. So the fact they last a while too in the makeup bag is a plus.

I think it is a fabulous product from L'Oreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by aayushi08041988

I got the it in shade Juliette 702. LOreal Paris Shine Caresse in Juliette is a bright rusty red shade that has the shine of a Lip Gloss and staying power of a Lip Stain that provides hydration of a lip balm. LOreal Paris Shine Caresse in Juliette reminds me of Hollywood heroines of the retro movies. This shade should suit all girls of all the skin tones majorly. Since girls with deeper skin tones find it harder to choose a Red Lipstick. So this is one shade that will work equally well for deeper skin toned girls as it would for fair skin toned girls. I usually wear this Juliette shade with simple nude looking eyes. LOreal Paris Shine Caresse in Juliette is a shade which instantly brightens up my face. This Shade has been chosen for me by my Romeo after seeing a model wearing it in an advertisement of Loreal Paris Shine Caresse. I found it really cute after I had been bugging him about helping me choose a shade. The lip shine gloss bottle has a golden color with luxurious luster which made it very desirable for me. Even though I am not a huge fan of lip glosses but this is not just any regular lip gloss. It is truly more of a lip stain than a lip gloss. For a more detailed review check http://www.crush-on-beauty.com/2014/04/loreal-paris-shine-caresse-juliette-review-swatches

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very kind swapper here gave me samples of the YSL version of this & I fell in love. But having caviar tastes on an oatmeal budget forced me to try these instead. I purchased Pink Rebellion, Infinite Fuchsia, and a red one - Forever Red or Endless Red maybe? I don't have it here with me right now.

At any rate, they go on watery at first, then dry to a tackier finish. Not sticky. Not uncomfortable. What I do notice immediately is that mine do not smell sweet at all. Mine smell like beer, I swear! All of mine do. So if you want a beer-scented gloss/stain, this will be for you.

They do last a very long time. Both the gloss and the stain. I am a smoker. I have smoked, drank, ate, and brushed my teeth with these on & the product is still there. Not as heavy or full as when originally applied but still super visible. Wow.

Since I am a gloss/lipstick/lip stain/balm addict, I see my stash being minimized in the very near future. I am seriously thinking of unloading my loot & using these only from here on out. Think of all the $$$ I will save by not buying every lip product known to man & sticking with these only. I should be able to save enough for the YSL version some day. :-)

I gave 4 lippies, only because of my lips smelling like a brewery. But man, do they look great! :-) I will most assuredly be repurchasing these.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always had issue with lipsticks that "stain" so they don't budge (budge proof) as the formulas are almost always very tacky, you cant blot it right and then they dry patchy and you have to almost exfoliate your mouth to get it off. Even the ones that have a balm at the other end never seem to support the stain formula so you get the look you want.

I picked up the red shade in this line because I didn't really feel any of the other shades looked nice in the tubes. As usual, the first application didn't spread and dried immediately into a ring on the inside of my lips and it wasn't flattering. Any attempts to correct this weren't successful, which means one has to slather the product over the mouth in order for it to not appear patchy. This is fine if I'm looking to create a bold mouth look, however I like versatility with my lip colors and I wouldn't be able to do that with this lip gloss meets budge proof stain.

I really have to spend time with this product to get the look I want out of it, which makes it time consuming. The positives are that it does leave a nice red flush to my mouth as it fades with eating and drinking, and if I apply some lip balm to it, it helps avoid that unsightly ring of bright red color on the inside of my lips.

I give it a two because I CAN wear it with some effort, but I feel for what I'm getting, the price is too high. I wont purchase any other colors from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great combo product if you're looking for something long-lasting that isn't a lipstick. I don't get a lot of moisturizing effects from this, so I wouldn't say it replaces a balm, but it's a great alternative if you're a fan of stain/gloss. When you first apply this product (I have it in Lilac-Ever-After, a nice "your lips but better" color for me) you notice the color and shine right away. After a little while the shine dulls a bit and you're left with a lovely swatch of translucent color and a touch of sparkle. It's not glittery or overpowering, but enough to make this a "dressed up" look for me, not something I swipe on at the ballpark. Later, when the glitter fades, the staying power of this stuff becomes most apparent by the gentle stain it leaves behind. This is my favorite feature of this product because the color it leaves at this point is exactly what I'm looking for in my colored lip product, and it stays on FOREVER. HOURS later I can just apply a little balm and enjoy perfectly colored lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by NikkiSew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rock_chicka81 said exactly what was on my mind. I recently wore Rose on and on and was nervous because of the color in the tube. I am I'm between NC45 and NC50 so going too pale is not a good look for me. Rose On and On DID turn into the perfect rosey shade of pink! I own 5 of these and they are glossy but not too much. Not too drying so I do not wear a balm underneath them. I haven't layered them over any lipsticks yet, but it is nice to know that I can. :-) I absolutely LOVE these. And no I haven't tried YSL's because I haven't found the need to with these.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by EmmaMo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Over the last few years I abandoned lipgloss completely and stuck to lipsticks/stains/balms but this product has definitely tempted me back. I have this in Marilyn (103) and it's a cool toned pink in the tube. However I find that on my lips (which are a reasonably strong pink colour) this is a more vibrant rose. It applies very nicely, with a cool, watery feeling, and I find that the glossiness stays for at least a couple of hours even if I'm drinking or nibbling on snacks. The finish definitely wouldn't last through a full-on greasy meal though! Once the gloss has worn off there is a lovely sheer stain left on my lips. What I really like about this is that I can re-apply and the colour doesn't become patchy or flaky. The packaging is lovely and it looks a lot more expensive than it is. The applicator is also great and applies just the right amount of product. Overall this is my current favourite lipgloss product: glossy but not gloopy, colourful but not overwhelming, reasonably long-lasting but not drying. I'm planning on buying a couple of other shades but my one criticism so far is that they seem to vary a lot in terms of pigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

I bought this because I had read a lot of reviews/blogs saying it is a dupe for YSL Glossy Stains, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. However, Glossy Stains are $$$$, so I was excited to try this more affordable alternative, which I bought at Target and Wal-Mart for $7-$8 each. I bought 3 to start and liked them well enough so I bought 2 more. After using them for a while, I like them ok, but I probably won't buy them again.

I saw a review which said Glossy Stains are more like oil paint whereas the Wet Shine Stains are more like watercolor. I think this is accurate. Wet Shine Stains are not very pigmented. They can be built up to be more pigmented but in general it's more of a sheer wash of color. I don't find them to be glossy enough for my taste. Also, they just don't last as long as I need them to. Maybe 2 or 3 hours. That's ok for a DS lippie and everything, but I think I would rather have 1 Glossy Stain than 4 of these. They're just nothing special.

The smell/taste is ok. Don't love it, don't hate it. I don't particularly like the applicator because it can be hard to get the product off of it.

Of all the shades I've tried, I found Pink Rebellion to be most disappointing. There is little color payoff with that one. Endless Red is probably the best, so I use that for days/events that aren't special or important enough to warrant using one of my nicer lippies. I do find myself applying it every couple hours which is annoying.

If you're looking for an affordable version of Glossy Stains, this will suffice, but it's certainly NOT a dupe. Overall they're just ok.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No