November 24, 2014 | 1673 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Oddbawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved the color and finish of this foundation so much!, but it broke me out around my chin which was awful. It has such a natural, beautiful dewy finish. I am so disappointed that I cannot use it anymore, because I really liked it. It seems this is a problem with a lot of people so I don't know the ingredient causing this, foundation rarely makes me break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I should have tried this a long time ago, loving this. If you are looking for med or heavy coverage or a matte finish, this is not for you. If you have more mature skin and want a light foundation with a lovely satin finish, try this. It glides on beautifully, does not pool into pores and does not settle into fine lines. It seems to wear well most of the day. Revlon has some of the best foundation colors.

Price wise, with a coupon, it is fairly inexpensive. Packaging is awful, the square top is hard to open and close, it needs to make a final snap into place and there is no pump.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by SS100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this. I waited it out and read wonderful reviews about this foundation. While it is definitely sheerer than Colorstay, it is not a "nearly naked"/skin-like foundation--and for that, I'm giving it only 2 lippies. Maybe it's the shade I got but it definitely doesn't match my skin easily and I have to blend it in and I look washed out afterwards.

For coming in a small bottle, I'm actually giving this an extra lippie because I never finish my way through a foundation bottle until it expires and it is time to buy a new one. I think the price would have been jacked up significantly if it came with a pump so I'm not complaining about the pourover style bottle. I use it now as a spot/under eye concealer lol.

However, it is very light on the skin and definitely more pigmented than I expected so it's a great medium dewy-finish foundation if you match really well with their shades!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

This is probably the worst foundation ive ever used, its so oily and its feels so gross on the skin, it oxidized so bad and transfered everywhere such a regret as its 15$ here in canada

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Schmanna22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this foundation. It gives me light to medium coverage and is very buildable. It's incredibly versatile in that the effect on the skin can vary according to application method. For a more natural, daytime look, I simply use my fingers. For a more polished effect, I use a beauty blender. Applying with a brush is also a snap, with no streaking and effortless blending.

With a primer, this lasts on me. This is definitely the type of base product you need to prime and set, as it is not mattifying. It doesn't sit in my pores and it doesn't accentuate any dryness, it just gives me a lit from within look without being overly dewy.

Now, I have dryer skin, so this may be a tricky foundation for anyone who is oily and/or needs more coverage. But if you already have decent skin and want something with a natural, effortless seeming finish, this may be one to check out. It reminds me a bit of NARS Sheer Glow, with slightly less coverage. People have compared it to UD Naked, which I had a sample of and didn't like, personally. This seems to provide a bit more coverage and has a thicker consistency. It's also less than 10 dollars, which is an amazing price.

I own a bunch of foundations, from Armani to Lancome to MAC. This is the only drugstore foundation that I like and use with frequency. I have already purchased a backup, because I am powering through this baby. I do wish it had a pump, but I'm not a germaphobe, so it isn't a dealbreaker for me. I think Revlon should heed their customers' wishes, which is why it gets 2 lippies for what could have been a 4 or 5, since I dig the minimalist vibe they're putting out with the rest of the bottle, which has a nice heft to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Geekwmakeup

Within seconds of putting this stuff on, I noticed little bumps on my skin immediately. Five days later they're still there, and this has never happened w any of my other bb/cc creams (was the first foundation I've tried). This was way cakey, too. Maybe I'm just not a foundation girl, but I don't recommend if you have sensitive skin. Another reviewer down below stated how this happened to her, as well, so I just wanted to warn you all. Broke me out and was super cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pbandjbeauty

I do not understand. This is 10000000000000000000x better than any high end foundation I have ever used for three reasons: 1. It does not oxodize orange like all high end foundations do on me 2. I don't need a powder to set it 3. Although I love cake, I do not want to look like one and this never makes me look like that. And lasting power is great. (Ok that's 4 reasons) overall this may be the best foundation I have ever used no joke. The only drawback is the packaging because it does t have a pump and isn't super attractive.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Hibiscusaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation especially after hearing all the rave and reading all the reviews. But this foundation did not work for my combo skin. I tried it with and without primers, and applied it with my BB, different brushes and even my fingers. No matter what I did, by the end of the day I looked like a hot mess even with setting powder. My pores and fine lines were extremely emphasized, my face would feel tacky like it never set, I looked like an oil slick, and it oxidized. Maybe this foundation would be perfect for those with perfect skin that want a dewy look that don't live in humid climates. This was just a major disappointment for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Sandylynwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry skin, with freckles and a little redness, and I LOVE this foundation.
I posted a photo of me wearing the foundation- I have the neon green eyeshadow.

This foundation applies like a dream with a wet sponge. It applies well with fingers, and less well with any type of brush, so I really recommend the moistened makeup sponge. I find that it just evens out my skin tone without looking like I'm really wearing anything. It doesn't cover my freckles, and I would say it's a solid light coverage but build able to medium.

The wear is my favorite part of this product. I apply a face lotion first, then some primer (I use Monistat Chafing Gel, which is a cheap primer dupe that I love), and then use about a nickel sized amount of product and apply it with a well dampened makeup sponge. That way it blends flawlessly into my skin, it doesn't cling to any dry patches, and it feels super light on the skin. It keeps a dewy glow, and sometimes I wear it alone, but most days I add a little Revlon Photoready Translucent powder (which isn't matte) to the T-Zone just to set it and make it last a little longer. But the thing I really appreciate is that as the foundation wears off, it seems to just melt away and vanish. It never gets cake or looks like it's sitting on the skin, but rather seems to disappear as if you had never been wearing anything at all. So I apply mine around 7 am and then have work and classes until 5 and my makeup still looks great by then even with 0 touch ups, just the foundation has become a little more sheer and you might want to reapply in areas that need more coverage.

It's quite a thin foundation, which can be an issue because it comes in the standard open mouth jar type packaging, so if you tilt too far it can pour out much faster than I'd like. If it had a pump that would be awesome, but for only $10 I'll deal with the jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is the best dewy finish foundation at drugstore level I have found. Its not very pigmented but gives a radiant finish and doesn't have shimmery particles which i hate. It lasts well the only drawdown is the fact that it sets slowly so you may want to speed it up by a light dusting of powder. Would be good for drier skins but for the oily, it may slide around a little too much. I find its best used without primer on dry skin. I use it to mix into other foundations that are a little thick and too matte as well. At this price, you may as well give it a go.