August 27, 2014 | 1729 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Taylorbohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Because my skin is severe, it wasn't enough coverage to completely cover my redness and blemishes. It was pretty decent for a quick layer when I don't need full coverage. Definitely recommend it for people with slight discoloration or redness. Nice and lightweight too. Also wouldn't recommend for very oily skin(unless you use a REALLY good, mattifying primer).

All in all, a good foundation, just not for my skin type.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had very high expectations for this foundation, since I am such a fan of Revlon's Photoready line. I looove the photoready foundations, and they used to be HG for me, and I am a foudation junky!! only they don't look as good on me as they used to, being that I need more coverage and concealing around my eyes after having some teeth extracted.

I also noticed this line was missing the shade in between Shell (3) and shade (5), so I was a little bummed about that right off the bat. I am NC25 and went with Shell since the next shade darker looked like it'd be way to dark. Ideally I think I need a shade in between.

So, as it turns out, this foundation is VERY sheer. I was hoping for light-medium coverage since most foundations that claim sheer coverage are actually closer to medium. This however, is about as sheer as most BB creams.

With that being said, this is not a must-have for most people. HOWEVER, many people will enjoy this foundation. It definitely evens up the complexion pretty nicely, and is dewy and youthening. I would never wear this without a setting powder, far too dewy and light. I do like the finish, there is just somehting pretty and so luminizing about it, just like the photoready foundations. Gorgeous finish, but I need a little more coverage. This is not a dupe for UD Naked which is quite heavy, but close to NARS Sheer glow. Bobbi Brown skin has a lot more pigment. Revlon NN is more beautiful finish, light pigment. The finish is so nice I might consider applying this on top of a BB (but probably won't have time :). This foudation also seems that it'd be very photogenic too, so that is a plus.

Who will like this foundation? :
-people who like BB's for daily use
-aging complexions (takes a few yrs off the face)
-people who like to use a heavy powder and concealer with a light foundation
-those who want undetectable foundation (looks so great up close!)

Who will hate this foundation?:
-those who need heavily concealed areas like dark circles
-those with oily skin
-those who need long-lasting foundation
-those who like medium coverage or higher
-those with sensitive skin (kind of gives slight irritation)

Overall, the finish of this foundation is really gorgeous and makeup is undetectable even up close "cheek-to-cheek"...but I would've liked a littttttle more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by klmaci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is a great product! I was low on cash and usually buy Urban Decay Naked so I thought I'd try this out. I lucked out! it was a hit! it blended great, medium coverage, not a thick foundation so it can be reapplied if needed! what I did not like was the packaging, it could use some work on that end. Overall great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy to blend, light coverage, natural finish, and stay all day. Nice foundation if you have flawless skin. Excellent price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by suede425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nearly Naked by Revlon is absolutely amazing. Only you know you're wearing it, it has a nice buildable coverage while looking naturally flawless. There's a range of colors, I like Fresh Beige, since it's summer or if you have a tan, you will probably like Sun Beige or Natural Tan or you can mix two colors if you wish. It's lightweight, and blendable. It took years for me to find my Holy Grail, this is it. NO breakouts either. Perfect to add to your makeup routine. For Concealer, my choice is Estee' Lauder's Double Wear. Or Revlon's Color Stay. I took off one lippy because of packaging, the bottle needs to be wiped off every time before putting cap back on due to wide opening. But, that's a small thing, love the contents. I will be buy again and again. Hopefully, it won't be discontinued anytime soon, in a word it's 'perfect' :).

Tip: For a natural flawless look; after you wash your face, tone and moisturize, do your hair first or just wait awhile before you put on your makeup. Then put on a light layer of Nearly Naked foundation first, (don't forget to blend down through to your neckline, then use concealer only where needed, then lightly use powder to set. Then add another light layer of Nearly Naked foundation for a dewy look, not cakey or powdery. If you have a setting spray follow up with that. If not it will set on it's own in 5 minutes. Trust me you'll be one happy naturally flawless girl. :)..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Tpoortier

I absolutely LOVE this foundation.I used to use Revlon colorstay foundation before this and I'll never buy it again. I have very acne prone skin and this is the only foundation that does not break me out at all! I have alot of redness and acne scaring and I'm surprised by how well this covers everything. It also doesn't dry my face out like Revlon colorstay foundation does. If you have oiky skin and use this you will probably want to set it with a powder. But for me its all I use... It's buildable too which is nice (: I just hate the packaging! If they changed it to a pump than I'd be very happy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A good foundation when you just need light coverage. The main reason I like it is they have a great variety of shades and so I was able to find one that matched perfectly.
Wore it for my wedding and had a few close-up pics of my face and it looked flawless without any digital re-touching. Poreless, smooth, etc.

It's pretty liquidy, it smooths on easily for light coverage.

Not a fan of this kind of bottle. I prefer a pump or a squeeze bottle that's why I took off a point.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually really liked this!
The colour choices are all quite light and not very yellow based, which I prefer.
The price is fantastic but I do wish that it came with a pump lid but that is a personal thing.
It does give a semi matte, quite long lasting feel and look. It has a good clean and fresh feel about it but I do have some issues with covering up redness with this, you still need concealer.
I do think it smells a bit, but all in all it is a great pharmacy buy and great for a 'going to uni/shops/petrol run/school run look :)
And it lasts pretty well on my dry patches

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Awesomeangelface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I havnt found a foundation that matched so close to my skin and looked so natural at the same time until i found this product. I really love this foundation! i don't need too much coverage, but i do like to even out my skin tone. This foundation has a natural finish, which i like. It's an amazing foundation. I also like their powder from the Naked line also. I use them together and they seem to work quite well.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really interested in this foundation, because I love the Urban Decay naked skin foundation and was hoping this would be a dupe. It's not, which I figured out before I bought it, this revlon foundation has none of the promised positive effects for skin that the Urban Decay does, but I was hoping it might still have a similar finish etc, so I bought it anyway. This goes on nicely, it can be buildable in coverage, but covers most of my acne scars/evens out skin tone in one layer using a stippling brush for me. However, it is poor in my experience in lasting power. Even though I would set this foundation with powder it would wear off in areas after about 5 hours. Also, I noticed that even with use of my usual powder, this my face would become oily in about an hour. Although I recognize that I have oily skin in my t zone naturally, I feel this made it a bit worse. This comes in similar colors and undertones as the Revlon color stay foundation.