April 24, 2014 | 1166 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Zoeyuluv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard many people say this is a dupe for the UD naked foundation so I thought I would give it a try. I got a slightly warmer shade than I would have liked to get but I didnt want to go to multiple stores trying to find my exact match. I applied the foundation with a brush and loved the coverage and thought it blended nicely into the skin. Boy was I wrong. A few hours later I looked into the mirror and was disgusted. The foundation looked extremely cakey and was clinging to dry patches. I couldn't wait to wash it off my face. I exfoliated and applied a good moisturizer and a primer to try it on again the next day. I used a brush and my fingers and it looked to be sitting on the skin and not blending in whatsoever. It had that same disgusting cakey look even after I just applied it. Maybe I will have to spend some more money and try UD because this foundation is not working. It also has a funky smell that I felt I smelt throughout the day as I wore it. I can't describe it but it doesn't smell nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I am very blessed with skin that is combo yet 90% clear and smooth. I get one or two little blemishes every few weeks that clear up In a few days. Nothing breaks me out. Nothing. I ALSO never write bad reviews but this is horrible - gave me several large, painful, under-the-skin pimples, first in my life! Stopped this foundation and they healed. Tried again. BAM. New breakout. This is the one and only culprit. Shame too, it was such a gorgeous finish. DON'T BUY.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon seem to have the shades that most people are after, one of them being myself. I'm a yellow undertone on the fair side and it has been a nightmare for me trying to find a drugstore foundation that matches me. Found this baby and was instantly happy despite the cost ($22AU). I've only used it for a short time and it does require layering in certain areas like my acne area. I feel that this doesn't make my dry patches appear more obvious or flaky however it does breakout. I scored three pimples on my nose, could possibly be other stuff but I'm pretty sure it was this. Glad to finally settle with a drugstore foundation that matches me for a change.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by sionnach17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure why this product is being touted as a "Dupe" for UD Naked Skin. Aside from both products having the word "naked" in the titles. I'm not a fan of Revlon to begin with and this no different. Consistency is runny, it goes on like a streaky mess, does not offer ANY sort of coverage (even LIGHT). The shade range is also terrible. Seriously if you want a DUPE for UD Naked don't bother. Get the real thing. It's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I liked the sample I used of the UD Naked foundation but I didn't want to shell out the money. I love Revlon Colorstay so I thought I might like this also. I really don't like this foundation. It looks so cakey. I'm not sure why considering its a 'naked' foundation. I don't apply very much and whether I use loose or pressed powder, it always appears cakey. I've given it a few tries, used different types of brushes and yet it happens every time. I think I'll be passing this one off to my mom and I will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by excitingname

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been experimenting with bb and cc creams for a while when I decided to give this foundation a try. I have been VERY pleasantly surprised. The product itself is thinner than I was used to in a foundation (a few years ago, my tried and true was Revlon Colorstay for dry skin), but I was looking for something with a bb sort of consistency--something that wouldn't make me feel like my skin had a blanket of makeup on. This was only ten dollars an I am so glad I purchased. It is runnier, and I do have imperfections to cover (which is why I was apprehensive at first), but the coverage is actually very buildable. I just do a layer and then go over again where I need to. And it works well just applying with my fingers (I found Colorstay was not as easily blended that way). Packaging lost a few points for not having a pump (honestly I would she'll out two extra dollars for that), but the price is right and I love the product. (I'm in the shade Vanilla)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Jennamilne1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is probably one out of the many foundations ive tried and actually liked!! It actually has cool and warm shades and isnt cakey or heavy. It is somewhat dewy, not really, but isnt matte. I have very oily skin but i mix aloe vera gel (weird, i know!) and it makes it less shiny and makes it apply better i find. I would recommend this to anyone with any skin type, and doesnt have a lot of imperfections to hide. I can get about 6 hours of where before i get oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by nicoledupe

Runny texture, no pump, and made me completely break out. Save your money and skip this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by cing18

Love this product!!! This is the first foundation that I repurchased. I usually use korean bb cream in everyday basis, but this foundation replace it. Would always repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My first Revlon foundation, and purchased after watching a YouTube review (sigh... YouTube made me do it!).

I don't have terrible skin, and wasn't put off by the idea that this was a lighter coverage, but I didn't realise that by 'light buildable coverage' the good folks at Revlon actually meant 'placebo effect unless you use a third of the bottle per application'. One layer of this foundation provides NO coverage and two or three layers will give me a sheer, very light coverage, though I can still feel it on my skin. It can't handle the mild rosacea I have on my cheeks and nose and it still allows the hyper-pigmentation around my mouth to show through. Even layered it glides over my couple of small blemishes without hiding them at all. This is seriously not intended for anyone with less than perfect or near perfect skin.

I applied it today over a primer (BareMinerals Prime Time), used it with NARS concealer (more on that later) and set it with powder. And it is still starting to look shiny around my nose and chin, a mere three hours after initial application, and it is cool today. I understand it is not intended to be mattifying and it doesn't bill itself as a long wear foundation, but come on, three hours?! I think everyone expects a bit more lasting time than that, especially with all those other products helping it along.

Speaking of other products, I attempted to boost its coverage by using a concealer (the NARS cream stick one) and applied that over the foundation, before blending it in. The light pressure of the cream concealer caused the foundation to disappear, which hasn't happened with other foundations I've tried that with. The powder I used, one of the Hourglass Ambient Lights, has probably helped the foundation a bit- it absolutely needs to be set with powder because it never fully dries down. Maybe it really needs the Nearly Naked powder to (not) shine, but buying the two together is $51 AUD and at that price I a) want both products to be good to great, not crap to acceptable and b) would probably prefer to buy a higher end product because I'm already paying $50+. I view Revlon as something of a mid end brand (there are still counters at department stores) but I think the pricing is too high for the quality here.

The bottle is glass, which is nice, but it doesn't come with a pump, and because the product has such a thin consistency it's hard to dot some on your hand to apply it from. I ended up tipping it on to my brush, which was okay, but isn't very hygienic.

I figure most customers buying 'drugstore' price foundations want to save money, but if the only way to get something to work dencently means using two or three other products (primer, concealer etc) then you aren't really saving anything, especially if the overall effect is still lacklustre.

This isn't a truly awful product, if you have dry and relatively good skin, it still might work for you, but I'm not impressed at all, will only use this on days where I don't really care how good I look and I will not be repurchasing.