April 18, 2014 | 908 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Barely Branded Color Tattoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by leahmarie365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this shadow. It is a pretty color, applies easily and the packaging keeps it from drying out. Most shadows only last 4 hours tops on my oily lids, but this makes it quite a while. I would probably repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I raced to the store to buy this product due to the rave reviews on here and it took me a few tries to find barely branded, as many stores do not have it in stock:/ found it at Walmart finally! Felt like I had precious gold in my hand as it proved to be a rare find. Overall, I like it, I really do, but I won't buy anymore color tattoos because they dry out within three months, making them hardly usable.

Barely branded is a pearl champagne shade with a yellow undertone that suits my nc25 skin tone and works great as an all-over wash of color for my lids. I still use UD primer underneath as it increases the longevity of color tattoos IMO they only last about 2 hours before creasing without primer (oily lids here).

My reason for not repurchasing this lovely everyday color is that the soft, mousse-like texture becomes thick and tacky in the pot within a few months; I've had this shade now since the summer and hardly reach for it anymore because application is such a pain! Grrr I have to soften it and warm the product with my fingers just to get it to work with me, otherwise it applies patchy and clumpy looking.

Alas, the thrill is gone for me and color tattoos, it just isn't the same anymore after owning them for a few months the product becomes less effective. Lovely color but not unique enough to justify a repurchase-3.5/5 if I could give half lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

First things first, I absolutely love this shadow. It is such an easy shade to wear and looks good on pretty much anyone. It acts as a great base for a smokey eye and as an all over the lid shade for everyday wear. It doesn't stand out but it just gives your eyes a bit of color if you want to wear some shadow without taking a lot of time to do it. This is a great product if you want to keep your makeup simple and just don't feel like doing much. I believe I payed about $11 for this but I don't mind the price. I was thoroughly pleased with the shade Bad to the Bronze and just had to get this shade as well.
This is one of those shades that you can wear at work all day and then dress if up for a night out. Mine has yet to crease on me and I do wear a primer underneath it. Another thing I love about this is how easily I can buff a darker powered shade into this cream shadow without any difficulty.
I have heard that it is similar to one of MAC's paint pots but I haven't had the chance to try the one similar to this shade so I cannot say for certain if this is a dupe. I think that this is a great cream shadow for a drugstore price that won't break the bank and have you regretting that you ever bought it. I'd definitely repurchase this shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not want to shell out $20 USD for a mac paint pot, which I also am a huge fan of, so I bought this hoping I might like it. In the jar it appears a creamy champange toned beige, it appears that way on my lid as well. It applies smoothly especially with my UDPP underneath, it can be worn alone with a dark brown, taupe etc. in the crease (blended) or as a base for any neutral look. It makes my color pop and it has not caused me to crease. For the price, it cannot be beat. A must have product for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This a pretty sheer champagne color. Its slightly pigmented and works as a descent base. Unfortunately this and the other tattoo eye shadows don't last at all. A couple hours later and my eyes look bare. I prefer my MUFE cream eyeshadow the look similar. This would be the dupe yet doesn't last as long and they dry out quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by janjan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do enjoy using this product but it just doesn't last when I use it alone. With my hooded eyes this just doesn't last all on its own like a lot of people have been using it. However, I do really enjoy using it as a base for my other eye shadows (it lasts very well used like this) and it is an absolutely gorgeous colour.

The inexpensive price is a major selling point and proof that you don't need to spend a fortune on a quality product.

I've used this for at least half a year and I've noticed it isn't as creamy and smooth as when I first got it. It seems to have dried out a little in texture. However, it is still very easy to use.

Overall, a good product with a fantastic price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by kirito

Love this cream eyeshadow! It's the first and only color I have from the Color Tattoos, and it's so wearable! If I don't feel like using primer, this works great as a base under my powder eyeshadows, and they stay put all day. This color is very versatile, and you could even use it under unnatural colors, such as blue or purple. It does get a bit dried out and clumpy after having it for a while, but it's not a big deal. It's so easy to apply with your warm fingers.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sooo disappointed in this eyeshadow. After reading all raving reviews on it, I decided to buy it and give it a try. The color is beautiful, a creamy champagne shade, but it applies terribly on me. I have tried both using my fingers and a few brushes, with primer and without (Urban Decay's), in a sheer layer and in a thicker one, and it just doesn't work. It looks very, very uneven and patchy, no matter how I try to blend it (or not). I was hoping I could use it as a sheer wash or color on my lids when I'm in a hurry, but it takes me so long to make it look decent that it's just not worth it. I also have Gold Rush, and the application is just as bad on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by carrotcake11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Perfect brow highlight shade on my pale skin. So natural and pretty! I use this all the time and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This is my second Maybelline Color Tattoo purchase; the first one was Bad to the Bronze. I remember when these first came out and everyone was going bonkers for them. I didn't think that I would be such an easy sell, but they are AMAZING. I love the champagne color and that the entire line is reminiscent of MAC paint pots for cheaper price. There really is a lot of product in the jar. It will take me a while to finish.

I use this product on its own or as a base. In fact, I have decided to stop purchasing eye shadow primers and use this instead. It comes out cheaper than the UD eye shadow primer and provides a beautiful finish to use on its own.

I will definitely be repurchasing. Highly recommended.