July 29, 2014 | 1013 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

If you are looking for this in a powder form try CG Champagne (e/s single)..... This is a lot like Clinique's Chubby Stick in Bountiful Beige but in a pot. You get a lot of product for the $$ but I am still a little stymied at the best way to apply & wear this. I like it on its own actually. I would rather save my $$ for the Clinique but BB will always probably be something I will keep in rotation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely a staple in my makeup drawer. The color is a yellow-toned, champagne shimmer. I love to wear this by itself for pool or beach days in the summertime. It brightens up my eyes and is a nice backdrop for some black eyelashes. When I don't reach for Mac Painterly, I reach for this as an eyeshadow base, too. If I put a shimmery shadow on my lid, on top of this, it just pops that color and makes it brighter. If I really want to have bright lids, I'll put theBalm Mary Loumanizer over this and nothing will budge all day. I've had this for almost one year and it hasn't dried out on me. I apply with my ring finger and just warm up the product on my finger before applying. This is a great product.
**UPDATE** Although I really like this -- it does go on patchy. I can't wear this alone anymore. I have to put something else on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Between this and Inked in Pink, they are staples for me now. This is a yellow-based champagne color and seems to hide my stained lids. My skin is very light and my eyelids and under eyes, etc are a purplish color. This yellow-based color seems to correct them and give me a normal lid color. It barely shows on me, so I don't wear it for the color, I love how it just gives me a correction and natural lid.

I use this a lot beneath shadows to get the colors to show better cause of my purple lids and also use it alone for just a natural look. It's very pretty and lightly shimmery on me. Nothing huge though. Just seems to be my natural skin. Like the other tattoos they last on my lids for over 14 hours with no creasing or smudging. I have dry skin so maybe that's why. If I use this with UD PP it seriously is like glue lol. I have a hard time getting it off. I highly recommend this color for a natural look and for those of us with very light skin and stained lids. Unlike primers with a yellow tint, this isn't flat on me, it has enough shimmer that it appears like my own skin and nothing more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by leahmarie365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this shadow. It is a pretty color, applies easily and the packaging keeps it from drying out. Most shadows only last 4 hours tops on my oily lids, but this makes it quite a while. I would probably repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I raced to the store to buy this product due to the rave reviews on here and it took me a few tries to find barely branded, as many stores do not have it in stock:/ found it at Walmart finally! Felt like I had precious gold in my hand as it proved to be a rare find. Overall, I like it, I really do, but I won't buy anymore color tattoos because they dry out within three months, making them hardly usable.

Barely branded is a pearl champagne shade with a yellow undertone that suits my nc25 skin tone and works great as an all-over wash of color for my lids. I still use UD primer underneath as it increases the longevity of color tattoos IMO they only last about 2 hours before creasing without primer (oily lids here).

My reason for not repurchasing this lovely everyday color is that the soft, mousse-like texture becomes thick and tacky in the pot within a few months; I've had this shade now since the summer and hardly reach for it anymore because application is such a pain! Grrr I have to soften it and warm the product with my fingers just to get it to work with me, otherwise it applies patchy and clumpy looking.

Alas, the thrill is gone for me and color tattoos, it just isn't the same anymore after owning them for a few months the product becomes less effective. Lovely color but not unique enough to justify a repurchase-3.5/5 if I could give half lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

First things first, I absolutely love this shadow. It is such an easy shade to wear and looks good on pretty much anyone. It acts as a great base for a smokey eye and as an all over the lid shade for everyday wear. It doesn't stand out but it just gives your eyes a bit of color if you want to wear some shadow without taking a lot of time to do it. This is a great product if you want to keep your makeup simple and just don't feel like doing much. I believe I payed about $11 for this but I don't mind the price. I was thoroughly pleased with the shade Bad to the Bronze and just had to get this shade as well.
This is one of those shades that you can wear at work all day and then dress if up for a night out. Mine has yet to crease on me and I do wear a primer underneath it. Another thing I love about this is how easily I can buff a darker powered shade into this cream shadow without any difficulty.
I have heard that it is similar to one of MAC's paint pots but I haven't had the chance to try the one similar to this shade so I cannot say for certain if this is a dupe. I think that this is a great cream shadow for a drugstore price that won't break the bank and have you regretting that you ever bought it. I'd definitely repurchase this shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not want to shell out $20 USD for a mac paint pot, which I also am a huge fan of, so I bought this hoping I might like it. In the jar it appears a creamy champange toned beige, it appears that way on my lid as well. It applies smoothly especially with my UDPP underneath, it can be worn alone with a dark brown, taupe etc. in the crease (blended) or as a base for any neutral look. It makes my color pop and it has not caused me to crease. For the price, it cannot be beat. A must have product for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This a pretty sheer champagne color. Its slightly pigmented and works as a descent base. Unfortunately this and the other tattoo eye shadows don't last at all. A couple hours later and my eyes look bare. I prefer my MUFE cream eyeshadow the look similar. This would be the dupe yet doesn't last as long and they dry out quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by janjan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do enjoy using this product but it just doesn't last when I use it alone. With my hooded eyes this just doesn't last all on its own like a lot of people have been using it. However, I do really enjoy using it as a base for my other eye shadows (it lasts very well used like this) and it is an absolutely gorgeous colour.

The inexpensive price is a major selling point and proof that you don't need to spend a fortune on a quality product.

I've used this for at least half a year and I've noticed it isn't as creamy and smooth as when I first got it. It seems to have dried out a little in texture. However, it is still very easy to use.

Overall, a good product with a fantastic price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by kirito

Love this cream eyeshadow! It's the first and only color I have from the Color Tattoos, and it's so wearable! If I don't feel like using primer, this works great as a base under my powder eyeshadows, and they stay put all day. This color is very versatile, and you could even use it under unnatural colors, such as blue or purple. It does get a bit dried out and clumpy after having it for a while, but it's not a big deal. It's so easy to apply with your warm fingers.