December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

Used this every time I was going for a shimmery look on my lids. It is a beautiful base and can be used alone as well. It also can be used as a highlighter on the face... When applied with a very light hand. Kept my eyeshadow in perfect condition all day. I just wish the lids were made out of a better quality plastic... I feel like they do not make a nice seal to prevent the product from drying out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by AppleSeason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only Color Tattoo I own, so I can't say how it compares with any of the others. That being said, the colour is very lovely on me -- I have quite fair skin (around NC10-15 in MAC) and this works as a beautiful highlighter on the face. As an eyeshadow though? Not so good.
My main problem with this is that it applies patchy, is hard to blend, and creases within a couple of hours. I originally bought this for a 'sweep and go' type of eyeshadow for my lazy days, but I end up having to use primer with this if I want it to last any amount of time.
For reference, my eyelids are normal to slightly oily depending on the weather, but they fold over in the inner corners like many oriental eyelids do. This is where I get the most creasing throughout the day, and I currently use Urban Decay's Primer Potion to prevent it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these type of colors!

Pairs great with Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Bad to the Bronze. I apply barley branded first with my fingers midway up to the top under my brow then apply Bad to the Bronze from lid to crease. So pretty! **I do apply a light amount of foundation on my eyes before I apply the shadows.

The formula on this one is softer and more gel cream like and not as dry as my Bad to the Bronze. I hope these don't dry out too fast so I will wear this as often as I can and update later!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

The product retails for about $10 at Walgreens but I just bought it on discount for $4.28. And oh my gosh! Such an amazing product! I tend to gravitate towards the shimmery light beige/champagne colors and this one is just gorgeous. The pot contains a fair amount of product given the fact that pigmentation is really strong and you won't need much of it to create a nice look each time. Can be worn as an eyeshadow base or by itself AND its comparable to high end brands pot eyeshadows like MAC's or Bare Escentuals! I definitely recommend this product!
*****UPDATE*****
Wore it all day without primer and guess what? Does not crease!!! Super!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Se7enR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This shade is unavailable in Malaysia however, DH brought it back all the way from Canada and oh my, what an absolutely gorgeous shade! The colour is best describe as champagne beige and it looks stunning by itself on my lids. It is great for everyday look and it's perfect for office. I have nothing but love for this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Lovely cheaper version of MAC Paint Pots or Benefit Cream Eyeshadows/Liners

This is a super metallic, pale champagne-beige with a medium but very buildable pigmentation. Really does stay on all day after sweating and yawning through lectures. I love using this as a base for any sort of look I do.

Definitely recommend this with all my heart

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear this eyeshadow several times a week and would definitely consider it a staple in my makeup bag. It makes a great base for powder shadows and is lovely just on its own. If I have virtually no time in the morning to get ready, I reach for this product. I feel like it makes me look fresh and awake even if I'm really tired. The metallic sheen coupled with the champagne shade has a nice brightening effect on eyes. It looks as good when I take it off as it did when I put in on in the morning, too. I apply it with my fingers from lash to brow and blend it out a bit.

My only complaint: I still need a primer with this, because it does crease on me after not much wear time. (I feel like I've heard that it's not supposed to do that...) But for under $10, it's a great find.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it for layering ur my eyeshadows nd I'm almost done with it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I guess I should have read the writing on the lid more closely - METAL should have been the tip off for me. Mind you, I love most things with a bit of sheen or even more than a bit but there is something a bit more "harsh" looking about this one.

I have 2 or 3 Colour Tattoo shadows and love them for their long-lasting wear, ease of application and versatility (they work as eye shadow bases and as shadows in their own right). I knew that Barely Branded had some pretty terrific reviews and when I looked at it in the drugstore, it looked a LOT like MAC Painterly. That's the problem often in the drugstore - no testers - and in the jar, through the thick glass, I couldn't see how metallic this was, nor how "yellow-based" and as I'm getting to the bottom of my jar of Painterly, I figured I'd give Barely Branded a try.

As I say, I find it a bit too full-on metallic and it's also not the flesh tone I was hoping it would be. I think it will be fine applied lightly as a base for other shadows or on my lids on days when I want an easy and "bright-eyed" look, but this is a shadow I'll have to use with care to avoid looking too glittery. I much prefer the look of Benefit's RSVP (also shiny) to this and, of course, it doesn't replace Painterly for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

If you are looking for this in a powder form try CG Champagne (e/s single)..... This is a lot like Clinique's Chubby Stick in Bountiful Beige but in a pot. You get a lot of product for the $$ but I am still a little stymied at the best way to apply & wear this. I like it on its own actually. I would rather save my $$ for the Clinique but BB will always probably be something I will keep in rotation.