Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been trying lots of, new to me, mascara's: lash blast, clump crusher, and now The Rocket. These fat pointed end tubes are a pet peeve of mine but since this is called the rocket it's okay.

I was hesitant to try this because the fat tiny toothed brush is identical to CG lash blast, which caused me to go therapy after using it. I was pleasantly surprised that unlike LB, the Rocket's brush is user friendly, I could apply this with ease, no smearing at all. The overall look on my lashes was some length and nice thickness. It kept my curl and no flakes. I did get some clumps when adding layers. This washed off easily.

The downside was that it seemed to fade as the day wore on. I would get home and my lashes didn't look as dark. The Rocket is good, but it didn't out perform Rimmel Extra Super Lash.

it's a good mascara for me. I'm not thrilled but I don't hate it. It gives a lot of volume not so much length and the colour it's really black. But the wand is extremely big and difficult to work and when I first opened it the formula was really wet and you had to wait several minutes to dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite mascaras that I've ever tried! I love the packaging idea behind it. My lashes are sparse and short and it makes my lashes very full and long. But be carful because the formula is wet and if you add a second layer it can get clumpy, and it can be a little stiff on the lashes, and other people have said that it's not easy to remove but I have no trouble removing it. I've had mine awhile and it's still the same consistency and it hasn't dried out. It works well with other mascaras too. I like putting on a light layer of a lengthening mascara, and then I add this on top of it. I would recommend this if you want drama to your lashes, and I would repurchase it in the future. This by far gives me the most volume in a mascara that I've tried and I love it.

Ever since I started using Maybelline mascaras, I didn't bother looking for another one 'coz it works so well. It gives me nice volume and curl. If I am so lazy, I would just put on a BB cream, get my brows done and wear a mascara. This product is part of my daily routine!

I am now using this mascara for more than one year and I have to say "I am lovin it". I am the kind of girl that uses mascara every single day, no matter whether I go to the beach or party. Even that I was using it every single day it last me more than five months. And what is important it did not dry out as many other mascaras which sometimes do that after not even two months. Moreover it gives a nice volume. The only disadvantage I see in putting it off, it is a little harder but still did not feel like it is destroying my lashes.

This isn't for me. The mascara dries very fast so building it up is next to impossible. Separating lashes and building length is also very hard. It's also very hard to take off! I didn't use this for very long and I'm sad I wasted my money.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit- Can't recommend this after all. I liked it at first but find that it only looks good applied very lightly. If I apply any more than one light coat, it looks ok at first but once dry my lashes get weighed down and the tips turn downward. Frustrating to deal with and looks bad. Also, very hard to remove.

This is one of my better mascaras at the moment, along with L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black. It's easy to work with, builds volume and doesn't flake. The brush gets to the base of lashes really well, but I have to be careful applying it because too much can weigh down the tips of lashes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Fabulous mascara! It does everything you want from a mascara. It gives me length, tons of volume, separates lashes, doesn't transfer or flake the entire time I wear it and gives that false eye lash look. As I was applying the first coat I could not believe how nice and thick my lashes looked and keep in mind I am in my upper 50's so my lashes have become much thinner with age. When I wear this mascara (and Maybelline The Falsies) my lashes look long and thick, I can't ask for much more than that! I picked this up in Target for just under $6. Highly recommend!

I really wanted to like this mascara but, sadly, I don't, for the following reasons:

It adds no length whatsoever.
It doesn't add much volume.
It is almost impossible to remove. Instead of waterproof, it should be labeled permanent!

I can say that the price is good and packaging is nice, but I don't buy mascara for those reasons. I ordered this at the same time I ordered Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara, and it's heads and shoulders above this one. Max Factor is no longer available in the U.S. (why???) but is available online, thank goodness!
BTW, I checked out some of their other products and was very impressed with their line. It might be worth a look!

***UPDATE***
When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I went ahead and gave this mascara a few more tries, and I'm glad I did. It took me a while to get the hang of the best way to apply this mascara, and now I'm getting better volume and length. I took off one lippie for the difficulty in removing this mascara. I probably won't purchase again because I've tried other DS mascaras that I like so much better, but I will probably use this until it runs out.

***UPDATE ***

I tried to use this, really I did.
After I got the hang of it, the look was nice but the deal breaker was IT WON'T COME OFF!
It is waterproof but jeez, it wouldn't come off with soap, makeup remover, cold cream, oil.....you name it, I tried it. I ended up pulling it off my lashes with my nails one lash at a time! That was painful and I lost a couple of lashes in the process. Perhaps the non-waterproof version would be better. I used it three times and pitched it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the Best Volumizing Drugstore Mascaras! Under $10.00 and you can find coupons and get it on sale from time to time. A great buy. My only issue is I am not crazy about the silicone wands.

Popular Mascaras