Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 2/21/2015 2:17:00 PM

I am finally at the point where I won't purchase anything other than drugstore mascara. I haven't found one that I really like, and I just can't paying for another high end mascara, even if I can return it if I don't like it. I'd rather try 5 drugstore mascaras and just use them for several months and see how they perform long term. Anyway, enough about that. I had heard some good things about this mascara, some not so good. I was actually looking for lash sensational when I picked this up by default. When I ultimately found the lash sensational, it was a couple of dollars more so I decided to try this one instead. First, it clumps like crazy. Even with one coat, I need to clean it up with a lash comb. It flakes and smudges, but not a lot, and it takes a few hours before that happens. It weighs down my lashes because there's so much product on them, even after I comb them out, which means forget about getting any curl. So I'll use this for several months, but I won't be buying it again.

EDIT 3/8/15: I couldn't continue to use this. I was so tired of getting flecks of mascara all over my face when I combed out my lashes.

Lets start with saying I love false lashing looking fake lashes! I layer 2-3 coats of all mascaras to build it up all the way *boom*. This mascara is pretty good. My lashes are suuuuuper thick and considerably long, extra black and HOLDING A CURL. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone looking for a false lash. Keep in mind this provides more volume and only a bit of length but still it is a good all rounder (no need to layer others).
Now for the cons; you have to apply it a certain way to help hold the curl and not have lashes clump and look spidery. WIPE the brush on the tube end, wipe wipe wipe as this wand has way too much product. Apply coat and quickly apply a second coat within next 5-10seconds (Dont let it dry 100% or lashes get too hard to work with.) repeat for 2-3 coats as desired. This is the BEST way to get them as clump-free/not spidery and get that curl perfectly in place.
Another con is, I see specks within the hour of application on my lower eye? little black specks, but after a month of using this mascara that went away so I love it now. Odd I guess?
Packaging is fun and cute, and this is one of Maybelline's best! Would definitely repurchase and reccomend to anyone. *drool* (:

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara so much although the formula can be quiet wet (better than it being too dry though) and when I'm applying it I always keep q tips on hand to make sure i don't get any mascara on my skin when I'm doing my lower lashes. But I do love this mascara it give great length on the first coat and I try other drugstore mascaras but I keep going back to this one. Definitely recommend.

I actually use about two to three different mascaras during the week because i love them all! This was the second one i bought which was by accident because they didn't have the other one i use and i was in dyer need. It ended up being a blessing in disguise and works great with lengthening my lashes.

on 2/17/2015 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product, it is my favorite drug store mascara. The formula is very wet and gives a lot of thickness and volume to your lashes. It isn't the best lengthening mascara but overall I love this and it's worth the price for only $6-7

on 2/15/2015 8:41:00 PM

Why oh why do all formulas smear on me? If not for the smear factor, this would absolutely be an out of this world HG mascara! It really does it all: lengthen, curls for days, and volumizes. I purchased in Very Black in the waterproof formula. Two coats with zero clumping gives my short, spare, stick straight Asian lashes long, full, and curled lashes. Two hours later I have grey shadows beneath both eyes from mascara smudges. Ughhhh!!! My solution is the Anastasia Lashgenius waterproof topcoat and it keeps smears at bay for 8 hours. The topcoat is worth it. I have yet to discover such another well rounded mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE! I have very short lashes and this mascara give my teeny tiny microscopic lashes some life. Does not clump my lashes. In fact this is one of my holy grail mascaras. I like this one better than the high end ones.

on 2/1/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The first time I used this it left my lashes very clumpy and it would like crumble during the day.I always had mascara under my eyes when using this

on 1/30/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I was underwhelmed by this mascara. This left my lashes dark and long, but very clumpy and spiky and unnatural looking. Very thin layers are required before you start to look overdone. My lashes have started to fall out more when I started using this!! It has also dried out somewhat since I started it. Pros- for a dramatic look, it is fine. If you have lots of time to apply, this may be for you. (Applying this in a rush makes it clumpier and messier) I will not be repurchasing, and hope that Maybelline's other mascaras live up to their high expectations.

on 1/29/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have no idea why others are having issues! I love love love this mascara. My naturally long, curly and thick lashes tend to clump with other mascara but this one makes them perfect, longer and thicker and most definitely more black! Favorite mascara! Not hard to remove if you take it off before showering/washing your face. No flakes, no clumps. My oily skin didn't make it smudge which is definitely a huge bonus.

Video Reviews & Tutorials