September 3, 2014 | 1403 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got my first tube of this about a month ago, and I really do love this mascara! Yes it is expensive ($30) but seriously with just one coat it made my lashes look thick and pretty. When I first opened it, the wand is kind of goopy, but just wipe most of it off so it doesn't clump up. Two or three coats of this stuff and you'll look like you're wearing false lashes. One other thing...this stuff has a bad smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Lisa777777

I did not like this mascara at all. I tried out a tester at the mall, and the formula stung the minute I put the mascara on and continued to sting...I couldn't wait to get home and remove it. It also clumped like crazy, and I only stroked each eye a few times. This mascara also made my eyes look too dramatic and fake...not the look I'm going for.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Gissellieekins

By far one of the best high end mascaras I have ever used. I will never stop buying it!! A little pricey for a mascara but works great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by LoddM02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've repurchased this mascara for 5 times now and I can say.. I'm addicted. I absolutely love it (the price not so much though)!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by megmaydux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PACKAGING
Le Volume De Chanel Mascara comes in a sleek tube. The brush is plump and short bristled.

APPLICATION
This product applies very smoothly over the lashes; the product does not clump at all. Upon first application, lashes appear lengthened; with a second coat, they fill out a little more. Lashes look healthy and natural.

After two-three months of use, the product needs replacing as the mascara begins to thicken and clump. This is a result of oxidation, as the brush exposed to air. Keeping one finger over the tube during application helps to extend longevity of the product. It is important to replace your mascara regularly, as it builds a lot of bacteria over time, which you are then exposing your sensitive eyes to!

WEAR
This mascara does not flake over the day if applied to clean, dry lashes in the morning. After eight hours of wear, the mascara needs to be reapplied. A few hours after this, the product may begin to flake.

PROS
Easy application – doesn’t clump
Long wearing – up to eight hours

CONS
Non – This is one of the best mascaras I have used ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This mascara is ALMOST perfect! Aptly named, one coat delivers plush, long lashes. Formula is inky black and the brush is this weird rubbery nubby thing but it works. No discernable scent and the packaging is sleek and luxurious feeling. The formula is a tad too wet, but I just wipe the wand with a tissue before applying to minimize clumps. Hopefully the formula will dry out a bit with time.

I like Chanel Le Volume better than GA Eyes to Kill, but I use the waterproof version of the latter. Yesterday I was thinking that if Le Volume were waterproof it would be the perfect mascara... and apparently Chanel has released a waterproof version! Can't wait to try this next.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by babekitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I expected more than I get with this mascara. It gives great length to my eyelashes, but almost no volume and its flaking pretty fast (after 3-4 hours of wearing).
However, I like the packaging, it looks very classy, but I don't think it's worth to pay $40 for beautiful package and very ordinary mascara on the inside.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lyfe52010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been on the hunt for months! However, Im pleased to announce... that I have finally found the one!!!! HANDS DOWN THE BEST IVE EVER USED! Lashes are long soft thick! No clumping. Easily built up so u can day or night this mascara. No longer will yiu need two separate mascaras to achieve your two looks! Granted its expensive but well worth the money ill save A: not buying two different ones & B: not wasting money ones I cant use. That just about breaks me even if not actually saving me money!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by atrimmer91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all I have to say that this is my ultimate HG mascara!

The packaging is beautiful, stylish, and the lid makes a subtle click when properly closed so that you know it's going to stay fresh.

Dramatic volume and length on first application, (and really you could stop there if you wanted to), but if you want ridiculously amazing, OTT lashes, 2 coats will get you there.

Fast drying, non smudging, non flaking (even through a 10 hour shift). I even put an extra coat on at the end of the work day to head out for dinner and still didn't clump.

Mine lasted around 6 months before I decided to replace, but not because it dried out, mostly because I knew it was unhygienic to keep any longer.

Intensely black pigment which is great.

I guess the only cons I can think of is that it's CRAZY expensive! $52 AUD! I mean I know it's Chanel but geeeeez louise! Totally worth it though and will buy over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by divinefeathers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My stats:
complexion - brown skin like Kelly Rowland
curly lashes

I absolutely love this mascara! Even after trying other mascaras I always come back to this. It is super black, it volumizes, and it lengthens my lashes making them look really long and full. My stylist even asked me recently if I was wearing false lashes!!! My lashes are somewhat long, a little thin, and they are curly. I don't use any primer with this mascara but I when I have time I usually apply several coats - maybe 4 to 5. When I apply this mascara I like to also make sure I coat the top side of my lashes because this helps to: 1- straighten out my lashes so they look more uniform and 2 - to ensure the tips are coated to make my lashes look their longest.

I have tried many other mascaras and like I said this is my favorite. A very close second, to get a similar look, would be L'oreal's telescopic in Carbon Black followed by L'oreal's Voluminous curved brush mascara. This combination gives me the length and volume but it takes a bit more time and it is not as black, but my lashes still stand out and I also get compliments. That's my dupe!