Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice mascara but when I bought it I was expecting it to be amazing given all the rave reviews and the high price. I was a bit disappointed, it does give plenty of volume and it's nice and black. It started off too wet for my liking and was really messy to use but after a few weeks it "matured" to a nice consistency but by the 3rd month it was a bit too dry and clumpy and flaked a bit.

The shortcomings for me were mainly that it gave a fairly spider legged look of very few thick clumpy lashes. I didn't love the brush as it was much the same as similar plastic brushes and really hurts when I spike myself in the eye which I can't always avoid. I didn't think I got any separation or fanned out effect from this mascara which is the look I'm going for.

Anyway I definitely won't be buying again as Its very expensive and frankly underwhelming. Before I had this one I had lancome baby doll one which I thought was just as good overall (nicer look, flaked more though towards the end of its life though). Since finishing the Chanel I've been using Mac gigablack extended play which overall I prefer its close to the end of its life (I throw mascara away after 3 months due to susceptibility to eye infections) and still not flaky and its £10 cheaper!

This is one of those mascaras that pay a bit more for, but totally love it and enjoy every bit of it later.

I have been through several of these and for my kind of long but sparse lashes this is a great product! I love how smooth the comb is and luckily (unlike with other mascaras with a similar plastic wand) I don't end up poking myself in the eye so the application is quite easy and quick.

I love this mascara on its own or paired with any other make-up look. It does last me a good 2-3 months but it is totally worth it because I don't see as many mascaras that work just like this. The lashes look defined, curled and volumised. Highly recommend!

If you want a full review on this mascara with close-ups and in-depth information you can check the blog post below, hope it helps!

I bought this mascara after a couple of my favorite beauty vloggers said it was their favorite mascara and then I read all the reviews and went for it. It definitely gives a lot of volume with just one coat, though it's a bit too spidery (i.e., thick and clumpy) for my taste. But given oversized eyelashes seems to be on trend these days, I guess it does the trick. My biggest issue is that this stuff simply does not come off. I used a cotton pad soaked with jojoba oil and it seems like I get it all off, then I wash my face with Cetaphil and my face towel has black on it and I still have raccoon eyes. I've a bit nervous I've permanently stained my upper and lower lashes at this point. At $32 for a tube, I will finish it, but then I'm going to go back to my favorite more natural drugstore brands.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my holy grail products, but that being said, I'll start with my cons. To be clear, I'm reviewing Noir, the soft black.
Cons:
- the price. It's ridiculous. At $32 a pop, it's just absurd. That being said, I buy this when Nordstrom does their mascara sale, so it works out. If I were to have to purchase this at full price, I wouldn't. But if price is no object, then read on.
- The texture of the mascara is very… wet. It works in the soft black, but in the other shades (brown, ultra black) it is a hot mess. It certainly does what it says- gives amazing volume. But it requires some dry-down time. If you have sparse lashes, then this may be too wet for you.

Pros:
- V.O.L.U.M.E. If you really want to amp it up, two coats will give insane volume. Not "I'm wearing fake lashes" volume, but a nice in-between that looks luxe and natural at the same time.
- Long wearing. It doesn't harden like cement or flake off. Nor does it run or smudge (as long as you don't touch your eyes!).
- Doesn't irritate my sensitive contact-lens-wearing eyes.

I repurchase this often, again only on sale.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Why did I take so long to try this mascara out?? Why? OMG I absolutely love this mascara. I had originally bought Diorshow but did not like it at all so I went back and thought ...Ok what other mascara should I try in this price range? Chanel counter was right next to Dior and I remembered reading so many raves about Chanel Le Volume mascara so I thought why not. Let me say that I have medium length lashes, but very thin and not a lot of them. This mascara for my lashes is PERFECTION!! It made my lashes look absolutely amazing. It gave them volume, length and not only that, but it gave my lashes a slight curl. When I applied one coat of this mascara I was amazed, ONE coat I thought. So I took it a bit further and applied a second coat....WOAH Momma! My lashes I kid you not were touching my eyebrows. It was almost as though they were one...ahhhh! I usually curl my lashes after I apply mascara, but I didn't have to with this mascara. If I had my lashes would have been to my forehead. I know that mascara is a very YMMV, but I am so happy that it worked for me and my lashes. I am going to keep buying this until I die. Ha! So, don't take my word or others word about this mascara...go out and buy it and try it for yourself! I NO longer need fake lashes, all I need is this mascara.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So many good reviews and a lot cheaper than my HG Chantecaille Faux Cils. And, the Ultra Noir shade just released, which I thought might be the same as the much hyped Coal Noir UK bloggers were raving about just came out. Glad I went to NM to check it out. I compared the Noir and the Ultra Noir and there is a noticeable difference. The standard Noir looks like a grayish, brownish black next to the Ultra. I applied the Ultra to one eye and the Blue Night (?) to the other. Both lovely shades. Not sure if the clumpy, spikey result was the fault of the throw away applicators or just a clumpy formula. I wiped one throw away applicator with a tissue and one direct from the tube. No difference. The SA, who is a floater, so no particular allegiance to any brand said she herself like Chantecaille's mascaras much better. No buy for me.

BEST mascara ever, does everything so quickly. I love it, this is my 14th one!

Once you try this mascara you will never go back to any other mascara.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

It is not only gives my eyelashes more volume and length but also curl. I tried to compare it with my Maybelline Hypercurl mascara. It provides more curl and did not weigh down my lashes compare to my Maybelline hypercurl. It is all-rounded mascara for me except it is not waterproof and the price . Great for everyday i guess coz it is not a heavy duty mascara. I will use waterproof formula if i am active and no time to touch up such as during busy work days or girls' night out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara, I bought it in strawberrynet so I didn't pay full price for it, but I will cause mine is over. I think it really gives a lot of volume and definition. When you first use it, it's a little runny but over time it gets thicker and perfect! Honestly this is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried. You can build it up, or wear only one coat and it still looks great. The price is steep but worth it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Omg the very best! I have very tiny, short, straight, and thin lashes. I was at the Lancôme counter, and tried several of their formulas but none really worked for me... and they are known for mascaras. The Chanel BA suggested I try this mascara. Omg the moment I applied it I just knew it was the best mascara I have ever tried in my life. It instantly made them so thick and long! I purchased a tube. The first week, I was having trouble achieving the same results as the one I had used at the counter. The formula was too wet. I was very disappointed. I remembered that sometimes you have to give a new tube a bit of time to settle. After the first week, the formula dried a bit and it was performing like the one I had tried on at the department store. I purchased it in the navy color and it sure makes my brown eyes sparkle! I also received their lash primer - Beaute de Cils - as a sample. Wow! I love the primer too! Chanel makes my boring brown eyes just beautiful. And lashes! I have lashes finally!

Popular Mascaras