July 30, 2014 | 2007 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by atrimmer91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all I have to say that this is my ultimate HG mascara!

The packaging is beautiful, stylish, and the lid makes a subtle click when properly closed so that you know it's going to stay fresh.

Dramatic volume and length on first application, (and really you could stop there if you wanted to), but if you want ridiculously amazing, OTT lashes, 2 coats will get you there.

Fast drying, non smudging, non flaking (even through a 10 hour shift). I even put an extra coat on at the end of the work day to head out for dinner and still didn't clump.

Mine lasted around 6 months before I decided to replace, but not because it dried out, mostly because I knew it was unhygienic to keep any longer.

Intensely black pigment which is great.

I guess the only cons I can think of is that it's CRAZY expensive! $52 AUD! I mean I know it's Chanel but geeeeez louise! Totally worth it though and will buy over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by divinefeathers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My stats:
complexion - brown skin like Kelly Rowland
curly lashes

I absolutely love this mascara! Even after trying other mascaras I always come back to this. It is super black, it volumizes, and it lengthens my lashes making them look really long and full. My stylist even asked me recently if I was wearing false lashes!!! My lashes are somewhat long, a little thin, and they are curly. I don't use any primer with this mascara but I when I have time I usually apply several coats - maybe 4 to 5. When I apply this mascara I like to also make sure I coat the top side of my lashes because this helps to: 1- straighten out my lashes so they look more uniform and 2 - to ensure the tips are coated to make my lashes look their longest.

I have tried many other mascaras and like I said this is my favorite. A very close second, to get a similar look, would be L'oreal's telescopic in Carbon Black followed by L'oreal's Voluminous curved brush mascara. This combination gives me the length and volume but it takes a bit more time and it is not as black, but my lashes still stand out and I also get compliments. That's my dupe!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by urbanangel007

This is an absolutely amazing mascara. It was a gift so i'm not sure how much it costs, but i know that being Chanel it would be worth a pretty penny. But its worth it. It is fantastic. My high end competitors for this would have been Givenchy Noir Couture and Dior Show Iconic in Overcurl. But Chanel wins. Hands down. It makes my lashes longer, thicker, fuller, lifts them up and i can put coat after coat with ZERO clumping.1-2 swipe for that natural maybe I'm born with it sexy lashes, and 3+ for the night about town i have fabulously long lashes. Never spidery, and never clumping. I've been using this a lot over 2 months and its just perfection. I would recommend this always and every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by BarbiieXoX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG nothing compares to this. I've used Dior, YSL. With this you get volume in ONE swipe, You'll have to use MUCH more product, much more time, in other mascaras and STILL wont get the same volume this will give you.

If you dont like heavy mascara - ie. if your a Chanel Inimatable Intense or a Dior Extase kinda girl (which I so totally am), still buy this too - this will give you the same effect defined, natural, but quicker in ONE SWIPE.

It speeds up my mascara routine - LITERALLY two swipes and I'm done. And of course you can build it up to whore lashes if you want to go further. Trust me no other mascara will give you this much volume - even if you build it up.

In short 2 swipes Chanel le Volume = 10 swipes other Mascara (but the other mascara will give you clumps)

GO BUY IT NOW! stop wasting time thinking to be or not to be! You will NOT regret it! xox
NOTE! Wiggle it at your lash line then move out - you will not have spider lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by kiwimakeuplover

Having got at least 3 different mascaras on the go (bit wasteful I know) I am now on my 2nd tube of this mascara (the others are Clarins Be Long (which is nice for everyday wear) and Elizabeth Ardens Beautiful mascara which is Ok I suppose) as this is my ultimate favourite. My eyelashes are average I suppose, neither long or short, but with this on they really stand out. Yes, it is pricey but I don't mind forking out a bit more if a product performs well and in my opinion, on me, this does.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by bellatrixstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! One of my HG mascaras. The price is steep, but what else do you expect from Chanel...right? It has the same concept as "They're Real" Benefit Mascara. Tiny bristles that catch every lash. The mascara formula is right in the middle. Not too watery or too thick. I can get great volume from two coats, but three coats gives me that false lash look. Besides the price tag, this product is fantastic.

NOTE***

Carson's/Bon-Ton stores have GoodWill sales where everything in the store is 20% OFF including make-up. I suggest looking out for a sale like this and then go to the Chanel counter to pick one of these up. I only tried this because of the sale, and I'm glad I went for it. Now, I stock up whenever there is a 20% off sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Griffin13

Purchased a sample off e-bay and will soon be purchasing Diorshow to compare.

It does add volume and makes my lashes look more dramatic which I like. I have fairly long lashes and have come to realize I prefer volume mascaras and I cant stand "spidery lashes". The only thing that I am not sold on is that it does not seem to hold a curl for long which is important to me. If I find a similar product that can hold the curl Chanel is out however if not I would consider repurchasing.
I found it a bit difficult to wash off but comparable to other dramatic mascaras and I don't care for mascaras that come off easily anyway as it seems to extend to other areas, transfer, rain, etc.
If you like dark, thick lashes I'd give it a shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Like the formula but the brush and barrel are too big for my scrawny, fragile little lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by safrager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A couple of years ago a makeup artist gave me a tip for applying mascara, especially when it is new. After you remove the brush from the tube, blot off excess with a paper towel. While this sounded wasteful to me, but it turns out it is quite effective, especially with volumenizing mascaras. You still get the thickening effect but much less globbing.
I love the way it looks - it's so dark it makes my eyes pop. And I've never had a smearing problem. It comes of easily. It does flake a little upon application but I've never had any flaking problem later in the day.
I work for Macy's so I get it with my store discount. Otherwise, I don't think I would buy it again - it's too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Nicolecla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hello spiderlashes.... I did not spend this amount of money to end up with four lashes per eye! I have very full and long lashes, and I also have quite a lot of them. The only thing this mascara did for me was to clump them all together.

The brush is kind of terrible, which I think is what makes the lashes clump together. I'm not too happy about the super-wet formula either.

I'm hoping I'll like it better when it dries out a bit more, because as of right now I really hate it. Not a product I would say Chanel should put their name on.

The two only thing they got right: the mascara is super black, and the packaging is nice.