Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 3/4/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This Is the best mascara out there :) I have tried many, but nothing like this one. My absolute favorite!

on 2/28/2015 5:22:00 AM

Until today, this mascara is my absolute favourite! Although I always receive different mascaras and I love trying them all out, I must say this one can really make your eyelashes look long and full, so I can only recommend this!

I wanted this mascara for a very long time, I believe that I've never wanted any mascara so bad. It is way too pricy for me (especially where I live, 40$), I got mine as a gift and it was very hard to be objective. I think when you love something so hard even before you get it, it is difficult to be honest with yourself and admit that you don't love it as much as you expected.
That being said, it think LVDC is GREAT mascara. With one coat I get lots and lots of volume, lenght and if I curl my lashes before mascara, they are really defined and separated (if I dont curl them, they can get a little clumpy). If I put two coats, my lashes are really out there, they look excellent.
The colour is true black. There is no smudging or flaking whole day. It is longlasting, wears like iron. Packaging is classic and elegant,
It was a bit wet at first, so it could get a little clumpy, but after one week that wasn't a problem anymore. Sometimes I get a little mascara on my lids, but that could be just my rushing in the morning.
But I honestly feel this mascara isn't worth the money. I have decent lashes, nothing crazy, I think they are a little thicker and longer than average, but really nothing special. Still, this voluminous effect is dupable imo, at least on me. I can get the same thing from any decent volumizing mascara.
The most unique thing about it, for me, was how nice it wears throughout the day. It looks great until I take it off. Many ds mascaras look ok freshly applied, but after a few hours, lashes lose volume and definition or mascara starts smudging or flaking. In that department LVDC is a knock-out.
I believe that someone with shorter or sparse lashes could enjoy this beautiful mascara and use it to its full potential, but for me it is way too pricy, especially if I can get the same thing with quality ds mascara (for example, MF 2000 calorie looks the same on me). I won't repurchase.
For me, it is a wonderful splurge item, and if the one has the money, why not? But when you are a student and save up to buy it, it's easy to be a little underwhelmed.

on 2/15/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my go to mascara! I have tried so many mascaras...high end and drugstore...and this is the only one I will re-purchase. Doesn't smudge or flake. It's expensive, but worth it!

on 2/11/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

If your lashes are thick and dense by nature, this is a really good stuff to buy. Everyone thinks I am wearing false eye-lashes whenever I have it on. Does not smudge, clog or is difficult to take of. But on the other hand, as all Chanel products, it is ridiculously expensive.

on 2/11/2015 5:16:00 AM

Don't see what all the fuss is about this mascara. I gave this a chance and tried it out for a week but I would not repurchase. I applied three coats during my make up routine and I still couldn't see any change to my lashes. There weren't thicker or more voluminous plus it smudges under the eyes. I regret wasting my money on this as it's not cheap but you live and learn. There are cheaper mascaras out there that are much better than this one. Don't waste your money.

on 2/9/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Simply the best!!!
I'm a mascara junkie and I hit the jackpot with this one. It lengthens bigtime and gives out of control volume...it makes me look like I'm wearing falsies....wow!! I just ran out of mine and tomorrow I'm purchasing a new one....hope it doesn't get discontinued. A+++++

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The absolute best mascara on the planet!!! I have been using it for 2 months now. I have tried many different mascara's over the years, nothing else comes close!!! 2 coats in the morning and no need to touch up before going out in the evening. The applicator brush grabs all your lashes. It is the blackest black on the market!
Chanel , you have done it again!
Congratulations!

Not sure about the price or packing of this product but I'm going to assume it's pricey and beautiful like all other Chanel products ! I am OBSESSED with this mascara. It is the absolute best mascara I have ever used. I was a long time fan of the voluminous million lashes by L'Oreal which works great but this Chanel mascara is unreal. My lashes are lengthened, curled, and almost look like false lashes. Love it.

on 1/30/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Don't know why I'd never tried this mascara before. It's really great if you're after dramatic volume and depth of colour. Not for you if you like a more natural look or hate clumps - it is a little bit clumpy but I like that. Fantastic mascara.