September 2, 2014 | 2025 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I have this in watermelon & it is a really nice pink that doesn't go overboard. It's a good thing for me because I'm usually not one to experiment with bright, intense colors makeup-wise. This has helped me feel okay to step out of my comfort zone a little. These are very moisturizing, non-chalky, & last a long time (pleasantly surprising). For about $7, you really can't go wrong with trying these out because I have used Clinique's chubby sticks before ($20 each), & this Covergirl version is an extremely good dupe...at a fraction of the price. I am very pleased with this product & I will definitely be re-purchasing & trying out different colors as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

i'm probably one of the few girls who generally avoid bright or intense colors when it comes to makeup, which is why i love these. they are definitely not intensely pigmented, but on my fair (NC20) skin, the colors do show up nicely. i have these gloss balms in "haute pink twist" and "watermelon twist" and both add a nice pop of color to brighten my face without looking loud. i really like that these don't morph into a neon color (looking at you, revlon just bitten balm stains), don't dry out my lips, and last a decent amount of time. they don't leave behind a stain after the color wears off like other jumbo balms do, but it doesn't really bother me. overall, i really enjoy these and would purchase more the next time i'm looking to update my lip product collection.

fyi - for those interested in "watermelon twist" -- i have found that jordana's twist & shine moisturizing balm stain in "sweet pink" is a pretty good dupe.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Collage909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw these on sale and grabbed two because I love the Revlon ones so much. In comparison, these are kind of disappointing because they're sheer, not as pigmented as I expected. The one I was most excited about, coral, I can only see if I mute my lips with concealer or a nude liner. Still, they're definitely moisturizing and would show color if layered.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love, love, love this lip gloss/balm/whatever-you-want-to-call-it

I've been dying to hop on this chubby stick/gloss/balm/whatever-you-want-to-call-it train! I've been wanting to try the Clinique Chubby Sticks, but I could never decide on a colour and for the price (approx $19 CDN) I didn't really want to experiment and end up with a shade that I didn't like.

This was a great buffer/trial. This is a wonderful formula. I chose #245 Ruby Twist. It is the perfect pop of colour and it is in a very convenient package (like a fat little pencil). It provides a nice balmy rich colour and it keeps my lips super hydrated. The colour is not too intense and cakey like come lipsticks. It's perfect for the work place or a "neutral" kind of make up day.

I'm so glad I tried this. I don't normally buy drugstore cosmetics, but this is worth buying! For a fraction of the cost of a Clinique Chubby Stick! I think I'm going to grab me some more shades!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by zockaflocka

I bought the Ruby Twist for a last minute 4th of July party and I was hooked! It's more like lipstick in that it doesn't have a scent, but also like a gloss by the post-application texture. The red usually lasts about 2-3 hours before it begins to fade a bit in the middle of your lips. I love reapplying it though, so that doesn't matter to me!

I bought the Watermelon Twist recently and the pink is SO perfectly summer! This one doesn't fade like the red one does, and the pigmentation is perfect and even.

The only con is that it comes off pretty easily around the rim of your cup/when you eat. Don't make out with your partner unless they want a coat too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased Haute Pink. It is pigmented, as it didn't look washed out over my berry colored lips. The first one I bought slid out of the tube. I am sure Cover Girl would replace it if asked. I loved the color, so I bought two more. It doesn't taste like much and does not smell perfumey. It did not cause ANY allergic reaction. It didn't moisturize much but didn't cause dry or cracked lips either. I use it on its own or wait 10 min for it to "set" & put gloss over it. The color is a slightly blue based Barbie pink. It goes well with my pale skin. This color would go well with many skin and hair color combinations. If you have trouble finding a pink lip color you feel comfortable wearing, this might be the one for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by chriistiiiie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this product is ok i wouldnt buy it again, i found it made my lips look cakey even with a very thin application. but the colour pay off was pretty good

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by rach124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always admired the Clinique chubby sticks but never actually shelled out for one. Maybe somehow I knew Cover Girl would come out with a cheaper version.

Having tried the Clinique at makeup counters I can say that the CG version is not as good. It's not really that moisturizing; it's just very slippery, so it kind of sits on top of your lips and if they're badly chapped, it won't help. But it goes on easily, looks good and the packaging is nice. The colors on the outside don't always correspond that well to what you get so I recommend looking up swatches online. I got Jam Twist and it isn't as dark or shimmery as the package would suggest.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WAY more moisturizing than the Revlon one, and has much more natural colors. I found that the Revlon version, although slightly more pigmented, really dried out my lips. This covergirl version is super moisturizing though and leaves a nice semi glossy finish. I have Apricot twist and Coral twist and I am in love with both of them! Apricot is more of an everyday, your lips but better shade, while Coral is pretty bright coral shade. Love these, and am planning on getting more! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Zeeni

Overall i like this product , i like the fact that you dont need a sharpener, and you get more product then the revlon kissable balm stains! The only con i have is that over a certain amount of time i get a lot of build up around where my lips touch! I dont know if its just me? But its nothing too bad that a little re-applying wont fix!