August 23, 2014 | 1092 users online

Eyeliner - Eyeko - Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - Black

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by nmiracle

This product was horrible. The eyeliner was spotty at best, smeared horribly when it did apply color. I was so disappointed - the tip and formula seemed to be good on the back of my hand. It just didn't work on my eyelids- and I tried everything, including primer, no primer, powder, no powder....it just doesn't work. What a waste.....

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Hauzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this after reading this was Alexa Chung's go to eyeliner.This is the worst liquid eyeliner ever! By the end of the day it smudged so much it look like I had black eyes. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by pandaspear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised to read these other reviews, because this is my go-to eyeliner. I received the purple one in my Birchbox a while ago and it's been my holy grail liner ever since. I find that the color looks great with my dark brown eyes and it's super easy to apply. I'm terrible at applying liner, but the felt tip makes this simple. I also fine that it makes a nice-sized line, not too thick or too thin and the tapered brush makes it so you could do it lighter or heavier if you wanted to. I always apply it at the end of all my makeup, so it has a good base to cling to (primer and eyeshadow). I've not really noticed any issues with it slipping or smearing and I've been wearing it regularly for several months.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had black, navy, and brown. The colors were nice and I enjoyed the ease of application. Downside, they dried out rapidly. My biggest problem was the smudging and I don't have oily lids. They just weren't long wearing and had the quality of a cheap drugstore liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by callmecatrina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily monolid eyes and have found that this eyeliner is the only liquid or gel eyeliner that will not budge even in summer when it is ridiculously humid.That being said, I always use Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer with it. The long felt tip pen is great for drawing thick or very thin lines. As others have pointed out, the formula dries out pretty quickly, but I've found that storing it upside down in a cup somewhat extends the life of it. The inner plastic bit in the cap has come out on two of the Eyeko liners I've purchased (so the lid can't be shut completely) and this is why I've only given it 4 stars. I feel for the price it should have a better design but I've repurchased this multiple times (and always have backups!) because I love how black it is, the staying power is the best I've ever tried and I love how I don't have to use a separate brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Kahlen1

the pen dried up after a couple months' of use. really not worth it for the price, but it was pretty easy to use and water resistant.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After hearing a couple of youtubers rave about how good this eyeliner was, I decided to buy one myself at Sephora and try it out. For its price ($18 CAD), I wasn't very impressed at all. Says it was smudgeproof on the packaging, but it smudged onto my monolid eyelids after a couple of hours, and the pen seems to run out of product really quickly. The pigmentation is good, but the felt tip was a little thicker than what I am used to. This was kind of a miss for me, so I won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by SanDiegoAli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really hate giving products negative reviews because I feel like make up is so much a YMMV thing. With that being said, I feel like I should caution others about this product.

I got the liner via Birchbox and I had such high hopes. I really love the color, it's so pretty! I was impressed with the applicator as well too (if you've used the Physican's Formula pen liners it's *almost* as good as those). I normally use these type of pen liners and had no trouble with application. I was able to get a smooth, clean line with no problems.

Sadly, that is where any postives about this liner end. Both times that I've worn it (I won't be giving it a third try) it's been smudge city for me. Smudges from the inner top corner all the way down to my lower lash line, smudges on the outer corner and up (yuck), smudges everywhere! Basically, this liner had almost zero staying power for me (a rather important quality in an eyeliner IMO).

I would absolutely not recommend this product to anyone (unless you're going for the "woke up with my makeup on look"). Perhaps if there was a formula change I'd be open to trying it in the future, but for now I'm tossing this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

im not sure why others have had issues with it drying up too quickly, but it worked very well for me. i love the shape of the tip as it wasnt too skinny, i dont do skinny eyeliner usually. very black and the only downside is i feel its a bit expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I bought this and the mascara as a mini duo, and at first I liked this well enough. The application was great, and the tip is nice and resilient without being too stiff. However, the formula isn't amazing and smudge easily. The pen dried out easily too; I didn't even get to use it that many times.

For the price, not impressed!