Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - Black

2.7

on 12/20/2014 3:24:00 AM

Like many others, I thought my liner was a dud. But, having received it for free with a magazine I couldn't complain (usually free gift are of a much better quality). My problem with it is the way it applies; it's so sporadic and uneven. I found the sharp tip scratches my eye too. Although, once on, it wears well and is easy to remove.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with most of the negative comments on this post. I purchased a magazine that had this as a freebie as I heard many people rave about it. I'm so glad I never actually purchased this by itself as I feel it was a waste to even pay the amount I did for the magazine. This was so patchy and hardly produced any actual product, I've had better eyeliners for a £1. I assumed it was just a dodgy one off perhaps because it was in a magazine but from the other comments it seems like it's the product itself.

on 10/9/2014 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so disappointed by this product. A while a go I saw some makeup tutorials using this eyeliner and the girls raved about how they loved this product and it went on so beautiful! So when I saw Beauty Brands just got it in today I jumped on it and I was so excited. I swatched it and it is a nice black shade and I loved the felt tip since I am still a newbie with liquid eyeliner.
I tried it on my eyes when I got home and it was terrible. No product would come out no matter how I held it and if some did come out it would be erased right away if I went over it just a little bit. I cannot wait to return this in a few days when I can get back to Beauty Brands. I paid $20 for this and I do not recommend this at all! It makes me sad though because I was so excited but I have never been so disappointed by a product before.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product just a few days ago, I was crazily excited to have it. When i opened the box, the tip seemed to be dry. soooooo i thought it was because the hot climate here, i try to put it on, NO INK WAS COMING OUT!!...i tried putting it on with different angle, literally a splurge of black ink appeared on top of my eyelid. i didn't wanted to believe that it had let me down, so i put the tip facing downwards and the bottom upwards overnite. the next day, THE SAME THING HAPPEN, still no ink from the tip, I HATE IT....what a waste of money, there's nothing good i can say about this stuff, better buy from drugstore its even better from this stuff..

on 9/24/2014 10:18:00 PM

Literally the WORST eyeliner i had. Just bougt it couple days ago due to high rave, and sadly i dont have any satisfaction over this. Swatches came out beautifully, but its another story when u run it on your eyelids. Its dry, hard edge makes it difficult to draw a precise line, and its not as intense as when u swatch it in ur hands.

Luckily i dont buy this in full price, or else i'll be pretty upset abt this product.

Alexa prob one great fashionista but shes sure dont understand makeup. Theres a LOT of other much cheaper eyeliner that works waaayyy better than this.

Such a failure!!!

on 9/21/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the worst. It's dry. Ran the brush over my lids to get the liner on till my eyes hurt. How did this product get pass you, Alexa? Why did this product win some awards? Extremely disappointing. I can't return it and demand my money back as I have thrown the receipt away.

on 8/26/2014 3:37:00 PM

Honestly the worst liquid liner I've ever used. I'm really sad I paid money for it. First of all, it dried out before I even finished doing one eye on the very first application. The liquid also dispenses really oddly so at certain angles you would get a ton of product, and then at others you would get absolutely nothing. What you DO manage to get on your eye comes out in a wonky, uneven line which is then "erased" if you try to go over it again with the pen. It's like the awful dried up dry erase marker of the makeup world. After my disappointing first experience I stored it upside down for a couple days in hopes that would fix my issue with it. It did not. It was on fact, worse than before. The positive reviews tell me one thing: either they're being paid to write them, or the production of this product is so wildly inconsistent that you're essentially playing Russian roulette with a mostly loaded gun if you purchase this liner.

on 6/8/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I agree with most of the other reviewers in that this is dreadful! I was considering purchasing this product due to the hype it gets in magazines. When I saw it as a free gift with Glamour magazine, I thought that it was a great opportunity to try it. I am so glad that I didn't pay full price for this product. The packaging is awful and the tip doesn't dispense product evenly - the application is very patchy. When you go over the line, the felt tip scratches off the product you have already applied, leaving it even more patchy! I would also imagine that it dries out very quickly so, if you do want to use this product, I'd recommend storing it upside down so that the tip doesn't dry out. Save yourself the money and buy a decent drugstore eyeliner - Rimmel's liquid eyeliner is 100 x better than this!

This is a felt tip eyeliner that gives me a deep black line and it does not smudge. I been using mine for over a year now and it has not dry out on me. The negative thing I have to say about this is the tip. It gets dull over time but I do like the formula. This does not smudge on me and I have monolids and it does not flake. Watch my video for a demo and swatches.

on 6/7/2014 4:40:00 PM

I got one of these free in a magazine this month but I'm aware that Eyeko is a more high-end rather than drugstore brand so this is about 12 if you were to buy it here in England.

This was rubbish, in short. It had basically dried out when I applied it.
I was really happy about the pointed-tip applicator but the eyeliner itself didn't seem to really soak into that bit which made doing a thin line impossible.

The worst bit was that it smudged everywhere! After literally half an hour it had rubbed all over the corner of my eyes and onto my cheeks practically. I know I didn't rub or touch my eyes during that half an hour so the staying power is just abysmal.

Don't waste your money, ladies! There are plenty of better drugstore alternatives out there.