April 17, 2014 | 1483 users online

Eyeliner - Eyeko - Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - Black

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Kahlen1

the pen dried up after a couple months' of use. really not worth it for the price, but it was pretty easy to use and water resistant.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by omgVitasoy

After hearing a couple of youtubers rave about how good this eyeliner was, I decided to buy one myself at Sephora and try it out. For its price ($18 CAD), I wasn't very impressed at all. Says it was smudgeproof on the packaging, but it smudged onto my monolid eyelids after a couple of hours, and the pen seems to run out of product really quickly. The pigmentation is good, but the felt tip was a little thicker than what I am used to. This was kind of a miss for me, so I won't be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by SanDiegoAli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really hate giving products negative reviews because I feel like make up is so much a YMMV thing. With that being said, I feel like I should caution others about this product.

I got the liner via Birchbox and I had such high hopes. I really love the color, it's so pretty! I was impressed with the applicator as well too (if you've used the Physican's Formula pen liners it's *almost* as good as those). I normally use these type of pen liners and had no trouble with application. I was able to get a smooth, clean line with no problems.

Sadly, that is where any postives about this liner end. Both times that I've worn it (I won't be giving it a third try) it's been smudge city for me. Smudges from the inner top corner all the way down to my lower lash line, smudges on the outer corner and up (yuck), smudges everywhere! Basically, this liner had almost zero staying power for me (a rather important quality in an eyeliner IMO).

I would absolutely not recommend this product to anyone (unless you're going for the "woke up with my makeup on look"). Perhaps if there was a formula change I'd be open to trying it in the future, but for now I'm tossing this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

im not sure why others have had issues with it drying up too quickly, but it worked very well for me. i love the shape of the tip as it wasnt too skinny, i dont do skinny eyeliner usually. very black and the only downside is i feel its a bit expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I bought this and the mascara as a mini duo, and at first I liked this well enough. The application was great, and the tip is nice and resilient without being too stiff. However, the formula isn't amazing and smudge easily. The pen dried out easily too; I didn't even get to use it that many times.

For the price, not impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by xKitKatx

I've used a few of these from QVC and althoigh I initially loved them - so easy to use with a dark, intense black colour. I found that they dried out really quickly which is annoying for the price. Otherwise, they didn't smudge too much and only ran when it was quite humid. Just wish they didnt dry out :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Luckily I didnt pay for this and I got it free with Marie Claire. The idea of a skinny pen eyeliner to make a thin line is brilliant, and the nib certainly delivered, giving me a lovely, easy as pie thin line and flick. However, I don't know what's wrong with this stuff but as others have said, it then stopped coming out properly, almost like it was drying up, and doing my other eye was very difficult, it was coming out so streaky and blobby. And then I shook the pen and tried to clean up the flick, but the nib started smudging about what Id already applied. Very weird. Will not use again. Tried again today and still the same.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by indysmom

I got this in a birchbox in a dark blue which kind of looks black when applied thinly. I love the application but it is not very water resistent. after playing tennis in the heat, i had big blue smears under my eyes. this is limited use ... stays better than a pencil but not natural looking enough for me to use it lightly under bottom lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by helloitsme93

I really wanted this product to work out. I have a sample version of this and loved the results so I bought the product. It worked like a dream at first but after maybe 4 uses, the product was dried up. It would work for the initial 1-2 swipes and stop after that. Capping the eyeliner and shaking it barely helped. What is really sad is that the sample version lasted much longer then the actual product itself. I wanted to exchange it for another one but this was a common complaint on sephora. The product isn't waterproof but as long as I don't tear up it looks wonderful for a non-waterproof eyeliner at the end of the day with minimal smudging. The tip on this eyeliner has been my favorite of all. This would be my favorite eyeliner if the packaging was improved so that the eyeliner doesn't dry out so quickly, otherwise I love the formula and application.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a mini version of this with this month's Marie Claire magazine. I tested it out last night, and was very impressed. It glided on smoothly, and didn't seem to smudge when I ran my finger over the line, despite me having gloriously greasy eyelids. So, there I was this morning putting it on to see if it could endure a 9 hour shift, and wait a minute, there's nothing coming out! I'm truly fed up with liquid eyeliner pens, I've tried Bourgeois' Line Feutre and Avon's own pen, but I've had the same issue. All is well for about 5 seconds worth of application and then the flow stops and I'm left scraping along my eyelid with the always way too stiff nibs. Scraping whatever I have managed to apply off. I usually draw a line along my top lid and let it dry, then go along again and neaten it up by filling in again gaps. I got to the initial line part and then it gave up and started to feel all dry and slightly tacky. I don't know if my skin reacts with the make-up but it's just not good. Needless to say, I removed the product and went with my usual Victoria Jackson gel eyeliner. I will try again but I'm not feeling too hopeful.