Bath and Body Works Forever Red

3.5

Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool

Day 14 in my fragrance project brings me to BBW Forever Red:

Fragrantica describes this as: pomegranate, French peach, apples, red peony, red osmanthus and night-blooming marigold, rum-vanilla, marshmallow and woody shades of oak.

On first spritz I get very juicy pomegranate, peach and apple...and I know it's marketing but I swear this one SMELLS red. :) It remains a very sweet fruity fragrance, even as it moves into the slight floral heart of the scent. I mostly get osmanthus mixed with the fruity top notes, and the dry down of rum-vanilla and oak are STILL tempered by the fruit, even 9 hours after I sprayed it on.

This is a gorgeous fragrance and a keeper for me, although I have the smallest size they offered and can't see needing to buy a larger bottle, although I WOULD spend the money on shower gel and lotion to layer the fragrance for greater longevity. I'd say sillage is low/medium and moderate longevity (although I know others that say this one DOES NOT last on them at all)

I WOULD replace this if I ran out, and would recommend it to others that like fruity-woody scents. I find it delicious. :)

on 8/11/2013 7:14:00 PM

Wow. I, too, am surprised by all the negative reviews. Well, I'm not the most avid Bath and Body Works person. I go there for bubble bath, but that's about all. I haven't really been into their scents in a long while. So maybe because of my lack of knowledge of their products, this scent was new and fresh to me. I couldn't believe I paid only $5 for this. I love the smell, and couldn't stop smelling it. I just hope I don't wear this around people who want to puke because of the smell. That would bum me out.

Like others say, it's a blend of fruit and musk. And the way that it's blended simple smells perfect to me.

on 8/7/2013 9:38:00 PM

I, too, am surprised by the lack of love for this scent. I find it really sophisticated - sultry, with notes of vanilla and rum, but balanced with the perfect amount of fruity sweetness. It's a terrific scent for fall and winter - warm and quite sexy. My husband is not typically a scent kind of guy, but he commented on how much he likes it.

When the line debuted, I bought every product that was available, from sugar scrub to dual rollerball/lip gloss. I was pleased with most of the products, with the exception of both of the aforementioned ones. I found the scrub far too abrasive - I've got Fresh's classic Brown Sugar Body Polish, but I stored it on its side briefly and some of the oil leaked out. The next time I tried it, it felt like rubbing coarse sand on my skin, and really that's what the BBW Red scrub was like to me.

The lip gloss was just a personal thing - it looked like a deeper wine color in the tube, but when I swashed it on, it was more of a bright, pearly pink, which does not work on my complexion.

My other quibble is with the packaging: First, the big gold plastic bow looks cheap and is frankly a nuisance; it gets in the way when you're trying to take off the cap. Worse than that (in my humble opinion) is the graphic of a woman's legs on some of the bottles. I mean...really?! It looks like it came straight out of an 80s drugstore brand perfume - cheap and corny - and seems to completely contradict the ethos BBW was going for with this scent (read: upscale and sophisticated).

One of the things that I do love about this line is the fact that it works as a home scent as well. I have the candle, and it's lovely (though I keep it in the bedroom - this strikes me as more of a private sphere kind of scent). I also noticed that now there's a scented oil available as well, which I absolutely plan to pick up next time I'm in BBW.

I do understand some of the complaints about lack of staying power, but I've found that the rollerball does last longer (as another reviewer mentioned). The other option, of course, is layering the product - using the shower gel (which is lovely), the lotion (also nice), and topping that with either the body mist or the EDP. Speaking of, I love it that this scent comes in a body mist that can be applied more liberally (and better than that, is less expensive!), as well as an EDP. So if you're not happy with the staying power, you can always stock up on the gel, lotion, and mist during one of BBW's awesome sales, and you'll be set.

on 8/7/2013 2:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I LOVE Forever Red! I'm surprised by the amount of low reviews! Forever Red is one of my favorite BBW scents ever released. I tend to like darker scents (not very into fruity sweet scents) and this is one of my go to perfumes/lotions. I actually way prefer this over Midnight Pomegrante, as I do not like that scent very much at all. Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out. Love the red packaging as well!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells like a combination of Midnight Pomegrante and Sweet Pea, with a bit of vanilla. The staying power is very good, but to me it's not something that sticks out by any means. It is a very pretty fragrance... but nothing about it is super special. It reminds me more of Sweet Pea which, don't get me wrong, smells great, but I was hoping that this would be truly different. I have the body cream and the small edt, and I will continue to use them until I run out, but I will not repurchase.

on 6/20/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this for a quick on the go scent. It's more of a summer time fragrance for me and it smells kind of fruity. The scent lasts a fairly long time and isn't too young like a lot of B&BW fragrances. I picked up 2 roller balls during their sale just to have with me as an extra. I would repurchase but only if it was on sale.

on 4/16/2013 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I cannot give a full review on this product as I had only bought it yesterday. I love the smell of it and the staying power on me was amazing. I tried the roller ball at the store and it smelled for HOURS. I bought the mini version so that I can try it more and decide if I completely love it. I am not familiar with any other scents this may be like because Bath and Body works is a new store in the area I live.
I can say that I really love the scent and the fact it didn't change on my skin like some other scents do. It was a nice sweet, mature smell.

on 3/11/2013 2:34:00 AM

While I've heard most complain about how Forever Red smells like a less complex version of Midnight Pomegranate, I completely agree... And I actually like FR more for it.
I owned Midnight Pomegranate and I never wore it, because it just didn't smell that good on me.

On me, it goes on smelling more like the vanilla rum with a light overtone of the fruity notes, unlike how it goes on others I've smelled it on. I really love it. I'm 20 but not a fan of their other scents since they smell like something middle schoolers wear, so I feel I fall into the demographic they were aiming at.

I bought the body lotion and the shower gel, and got the rollerball EDT for free. The packaging seems so much cheaper for a scent they want to tote as more mature, but that's nitpicking for me.
They all smell heavenly but I am so disappointed with the longevity of the scent... There is no lasting power at all! The shower gel makes my bathroom smell amazing after I've used it but even with layering the lotion on top, I can't smell it on me after a couple of hours max. The lotion isn't even that moisturizing either, which is a big disappointment.

I'm probably going to take them back and try the eau de parfum, or the triple moisture cream. If those don't work, I'll give up on such a nice scent and try to find something else.

on 2/22/2013 4:28:00 PM

I work at Bath and Body Works so I figured some additional information about the Forever Red line might provide some insight as to why we put it in the spotlight. Bath and Body Works launched "Forever Red" to compete with other big name perfume designers. It's theme was the sexiness, empowerment, and everything that embodies women.The ingredients that are the main focus are pomegranate, red osmanthus, marshmallow, peach, and rum. The reason why the line is so expensive is that the company spent over 30% in resources than normally used in our original signature scents. Also, many of the ingredients are rare and/or very expensive. Like the peaches they used only bloom in a specific region of France on certain times of the year as well as the rum they used is the most expensive ingredient they have ever used and it takes a large quantity to produce just a handful Forever Red products. Personally I think that this is a great perfume and look forward to see what other luxury perfumes BBW might create in the future. Hope that helps! :)

on 2/20/2013 9:09:00 PM

The whole set of "Forever Red' was a gift;
at first sniff, I was not impressed.
The top notes are mediocre, saccarine fruit, (eau de Robitussin)
and considering the price tag,
I felt this was a disappointment.

I've worn this for 2 weeks now, but it took me to this evening
to arrive at a pleasant conclusion.
When the fragrance 'blooms' with one's body heat,
it is lovely, wearable, suitable for daywear,
and this is a subtle scent, not loud or overbearing
like others (ahem, I'm looking at you, Japanese Cherry blossom).
But why does it take so long to develop?

this pomegranate based scent lacks the sultry sexiness
of its older sister "midnight pomegranate")
(the musky, patchouli undercurrents), nor the
innocent icy floral frosting of "Be Enchanted."

I don't think this will be as long lived as some others
in the BBW line (Moonlight Path comes to mind...)

But... this is wearable, and nice. Just not a star.
I'll finish out the products in the line,
but won't purchase again.

Popular Fragrances