August 27, 2014 | 1860 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Forever Red

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by underage

I like this for a quick on the go scent. It's more of a summer time fragrance for me and it smells kind of fruity. The scent lasts a fairly long time and isn't too young like a lot of B&BW fragrances. I picked up 2 roller balls during their sale just to have with me as an extra. I would repurchase but only if it was on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I cannot give a full review on this product as I had only bought it yesterday. I love the smell of it and the staying power on me was amazing. I tried the roller ball at the store and it smelled for HOURS. I bought the mini version so that I can try it more and decide if I completely love it. I am not familiar with any other scents this may be like because Bath and Body works is a new store in the area I live.
I can say that I really love the scent and the fact it didn't change on my skin like some other scents do. It was a nice sweet, mature smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by aiislyn

While I've heard most complain about how Forever Red smells like a less complex version of Midnight Pomegranate, I completely agree... And I actually like FR more for it.
I owned Midnight Pomegranate and I never wore it, because it just didn't smell that good on me.

On me, it goes on smelling more like the vanilla rum with a light overtone of the fruity notes, unlike how it goes on others I've smelled it on. I really love it. I'm 20 but not a fan of their other scents since they smell like something middle schoolers wear, so I feel I fall into the demographic they were aiming at.

I bought the body lotion and the shower gel, and got the rollerball EDT for free. The packaging seems so much cheaper for a scent they want to tote as more mature, but that's nitpicking for me.
They all smell heavenly but I am so disappointed with the longevity of the scent... There is no lasting power at all! The shower gel makes my bathroom smell amazing after I've used it but even with layering the lotion on top, I can't smell it on me after a couple of hours max. The lotion isn't even that moisturizing either, which is a big disappointment.

I'm probably going to take them back and try the eau de parfum, or the triple moisture cream. If those don't work, I'll give up on such a nice scent and try to find something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by HelloGracie

I work at Bath and Body Works so I figured some additional information about the Forever Red line might provide some insight as to why we put it in the spotlight. Bath and Body Works launched "Forever Red" to compete with other big name perfume designers. It's theme was the sexiness, empowerment, and everything that embodies women.The ingredients that are the main focus are pomegranate, red osmanthus, marshmallow, peach, and rum. The reason why the line is so expensive is that the company spent over 30% in resources than normally used in our original signature scents. Also, many of the ingredients are rare and/or very expensive. Like the peaches they used only bloom in a specific region of France on certain times of the year as well as the rum they used is the most expensive ingredient they have ever used and it takes a large quantity to produce just a handful Forever Red products. Personally I think that this is a great perfume and look forward to see what other luxury perfumes BBW might create in the future. Hope that helps! :)

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The whole set of "Forever Red' was a gift;
at first sniff, I was not impressed.
The top notes are mediocre, saccarine fruit, (eau de Robitussin)
and considering the price tag,
I felt this was a disappointment.

I've worn this for 2 weeks now, but it took me to this evening
to arrive at a pleasant conclusion.
When the fragrance 'blooms' with one's body heat,
it is lovely, wearable, suitable for daywear,
and this is a subtle scent, not loud or overbearing
like others (ahem, I'm looking at you, Japanese Cherry blossom).
But why does it take so long to develop?

this pomegranate based scent lacks the sultry sexiness
of its older sister "midnight pomegranate")
(the musky, patchouli undercurrents), nor the
innocent icy floral frosting of "Be Enchanted."

I don't think this will be as long lived as some others
in the BBW line (Moonlight Path comes to mind...)

But... this is wearable, and nice. Just not a star.
I'll finish out the products in the line,
but won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Angelsue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is getting so that ALL BBW frags are starting to smell alike. I tried this one in the store. Nothing special so I don't know why all the hype.
I find that the original old scents of yore at BBW were the most original therefore have been discontinued (you can get them online). I really think that BBW is geared for a young demographic, though I must confess I did buy Twilight Woods.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the bodyspray, which is an amazement in its own because I haven't bought perfume or body spray since I discovered BPAL some time ago. Most sprays bother my allergies badly but this didn't. It has a beautiful scent of fruit and flowers. The bottle is cute, a bit expensive so I bought the small size which will last me forever anyways. I'd def buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really enjoying this scent. I got the EDP, lotion and shower gel. I used a 20% off coupon along with the buy 2, get 1 free sale they had on Signature Collection items which was a good deal. If you cannot find a 20% then you might be able to find other coupons, like $10 off $30 then you can score this for a good deal.

Price (in USD):
Forever Red EDP $44.50
Forever Red Lotion $20.00
Forever Red Shower Gel $18.00
The EDP, lotion and shower gel (and other items in this collection) are a little expensive for a BBW. If I did not have a discount I might have passed this up. If I run out I would only re-purchase if they have a sale/coupon.

Scent: to me the scent is unlike any other. It's not overwhelming and it's pretty and romantic. It does not smell like Midnight Pomegranate like mentioned in another review. I like the vanilla rum notes and the pomegranate notes. IMO, this is great for day or night wear.

Notes:
Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple
Mid Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus
Dry Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood
UPDATE: I love this scent, but back to BBW it goes. I've tried layering this scent every way with the lotion and it has zero staying power. For an EDP& lotion that costs near $65 dollars for the both I'd expect a little more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this scent, though it reminds me of a million other fruity florals and is not unique. Bath and Body Works' marketing of this product is a bit shameful, as nothing in their store should be this expensive ($22 for the spray) or extravagantly packaged. All of those complaints aside, the scent lasts a good long time on me, and that is why it gets 4 stars. I only need a small amount, and I can smell it from 7am until I shower late at night. I can't say that about any other body spray, and hardly many perfumes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by raco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Forever Red seems to be a fragrance that people either love or hate - but personally, I LOVE the Forever Red line. It's fruity but sexy and warm. It does remind me of VC but I think that's why I like it - there is something more refined about this perfume than most BBW scents. I'm hooked and I love it. I find the packaging kind of cheap-looking but i can certainly overlook that aspect for this addictive scent. loves it!