October 24, 2014 | 1989 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara definitely can hold its own against HE mascaras! I love to use it alone or over another mascara. The brush gives slight curl to my lashes. When I build my lashes..they do not look clumpy or spidery. This mascara will be in my makeup arsenal for a long while!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

I use this just as often as the regular cover girl Lash blast. Works just as well. Can look simple and fancy depending how many coats you use. This is my fave everyday mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ashji

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It's a perfect everyday mascara! Separates lashes nicely and add a lot of length. Buil up to volume. My everyday mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Will definitely repurchase. I just discovered CG mascaras-- where have I been?! I loathe spider lashes and this mascara will prevent those from ever happening. Very natural on it's own and I love to layer on Lashblast volume, adds more volume while still looking pristine.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by keiraellie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

(Background: I have thin, medium-length asian lashes that hold curl marginally well)

Pros:
+ Works WONDERS as a lower lash mascara! Definitely my HG lower lash mascara. They look long and thick, yet natural. I've used the Clinique lower lash mascara and found it to give length but no volume. Clump Crusher works so much better! The brush shape coats the lower lash line perfectly and quickly.
+ It's water resistant, not water proof. So, it's not a pain to remove at the end of the day. I can't stress how nice this is.
+ Doesn't smudge on my lower lash line.
+ Gives volume to upper lashes, but work's best on top of another mascara
+ Price is decent (about $9 at Ulta) A little pricey in my opinion for a drugstore mascara, but stores often do Covergirl BOGO
+ Pretty easy to find (Ulta, Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart, etc.)

Cons:
- So being water "resistant" makes it easy to wash off, but if you are looking for a waterproof mascara for the beach or pool, this one is not it. It will come off if you get soaked in water.
- Does not provide length for upper lashes
- Does not provide curl for upper lashes. The volume almost weighs them down.

Summary: This is AMAZING for lower lashes. You will be really happy if you are looking for a mascara that gives you luscious, smudge-free lower lashes. However, if you are looking for a waterproof/curling/lengthening mascara for the top lashes, keep looking. So it all depends on what you want.

Hope this helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by number81

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The formula left my lashes a bit brittle but I loved the brush! No clumps even after I built up my lashes. The curl held rather well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Amberburrows

Amazing mascara that adds length and volume to my eyelashes without those gross clumps! Best drugstore mascara I've tried so far, and I got it for $10 au was originally $20 at Priceline, the packaging is a bit bulky but does the job!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Milchfrau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was incredibly hyped for this product, and it actually took me quite a while to find it. When I finally did, it was In Switzerland, where everything is expensive, subsequently I can't comment much on the actual price-value relationship of the product, but the Price in CHF was over-priced in my opinion.

This mascara comes with an unforgiving little plastic applicator; I'm not too keen on using it, since it is difficult to get product onto the roots of my eyelashes. When I did try, I was scared that I might smear it all over my eyelids...It worked out fine, but I can imagine a better brush, especially for this kind of formula.

Clump Crusher is difficult to remove. No matter how much I rubbed around on my eyelids I would always end up with little mascara shadows under my eyes the next day.

On the clumpiness; this mascara really does have less clumps than your average one, but it is not. clump. free. For a mascara, who's main appeal is to be clump-free, not being clump-free is... problematic.

Most importantly, the biggest reason for my disappointment: this mascara made my eyes swell. I have never had that kind of problem with any mascara, and I am kind of sad that it had to be this mascara.

TLDR: I really wanted to like Clump Crusher... but I didn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

For the first time in a long time, I repurchased a mascara. A long journey ladies. I was steadily working my way through many incarnations of high end and drug store brands, until I tried this about a year ago. Now I have been going steady with the Clump Crusher. This baby lengthens, volumizes and defines each lash with no clumps! It does what it says! The flexible brush works fine on my lashes, I find it separates them coats them just fine but I like a natural look. If you want took like you are wearing falsies this isn't going to do that.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by oliviamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh, ok. I am a huge fan of Cover Girl mascaras and this one just didn't do it for me. First off I don't like a curved wand. Second, my lashes stayed wet longer and I curl mine after I apply mascara and it left a weird product-clump kink that's never happened before. My eyes seemed more irritated than usual, and I like more lash drama. I miss Cover Girls discontinued mascaras Fantastic lash- that one was the best!!!