July 28, 2014 | 1390 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kabshop

Nice formula, application is super easy, actually doesn't clump! Is definitely water "resistant" - when I get "emotional," this does run a bit. But it's still one of my favorites. Coats lashes beautifully, brush is very easy to use and control. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by thesunshinekid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An okay mascara. The formula is really great-very lengthening and volumizing. I feel that the wand really hinders application with it though. The curvature of it makes it difficult to get to the root and to get those little outer lashes. I will probably finish the tube, but not repurchase. Not terrible, not great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by kira1999

This mascara really curled my lashes and looked like false eyelashes because if how they weren't clumpy. It didn't flake on me but the packaging is bulky like most covergirl mascaras. The brush is rubber and quite versatile, it lifted and separated my short lashes perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Glimmerous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:

- Doesn't clump. At all. Believe me, I've tried.
- Long lasting
- Doesn't smear
- Holds curl beautifully

Cons:

- Like all Cover Girl mascaras...the wand is rather unwieldy.

Would I Buy Again?

- Heck to the yeah

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Definitely doesn't clump. Good for a natural look. Wish I could have given 3.5.

CONS: Too natural for me. With a name, like clump crusher, I'm going to assume this is going to give me volume without clumps. It would be a given that a natural mascara won't clump. At least, that's why I felt a little let down by it. It also dried out very quickly, so after about a week, I was left with a very dry formula that crumbled onto my face throughout the day.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too. I know there are a lot who like to use this wand as a comb/separator for other mascaras.

ALTERNATES: For lots of volume and good length, Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof or Milani's Runway Lashes (which I cover with Clarins Double Fix.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by allyxo141

I love all of the lashblast mascaras but this one is definitely my favourite. It gives you a very noticeable look to your lashes and obviously keeps them clump free. It gives a more natural look but you can build up the layers to make them more dramatic. It lasts all day and doesnt crumble off, if that makes any sense. I will for sure be re-purchasing after I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by limoncandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. Delivers a very natural look, with no clumps. The brush is great, but you do need to build it up for a fuller look. The only downside to it is that it is not lengthening.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by natalientd

THE HOLY GRAIL OF ALL MASCARAS!!! Love this mascara to death!!! Wear it very often and holds up extremely well
PROS
holds your curl and elongates your lashes
I was extremely surprised when the product was on my lashes, it's extremely light and almost feels like you're not even wearing mascara
very easy to apply
love the wand, thin with a slight curve (omg that sounded so wrong XD)
sweatproof, I go outside and sweat like crazy and this mascara doesn't budge!!

CONS
NONE!!! :)

love it BUY IT NOW!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is my HG mascara it add length and volume without looking fake. It adds a really nice natural look. If you go for more a voluminous, false lash, thicker effect you won't like this mascara as much, but if you go for more of a natural, subtle look you will fall in love with this mascara. Great inexpensive product from the drugstore, absolutely recommend this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by musiqphile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Life is too short for mediocre mascara and this is one. It does nothing great and is a bare basics kind of product. It doesn't lengthen or volumize much, just gives your lashes a more polished and "done" look which is pretty damn boring. I want longer, fuller, flutterier lashes and this puts me to sleep. It smudges, too. Bah! The only thing I like about this is the brush which I can use to brush out clumps in other mascaras. Ok, so yeah, it doesn't clump but I'd rather have a little clumping and more oomph to my eyes that this snoozefest that takes the curl right out of my lashes.

Edited July 15, 2014:
I've had this tube for several weeks now and here's what I've discovered:

1) It gets better with age. The formula is wet so it actually performs better after it's been sitting around and drying out for at least a month. It doesn't weigh my lashes down as much as when it was fresh and if I apply multiple coats before it completely dries I'm able to get slightly fatter lashes without droop.

2) Don't wiggle the brush as you pull it through your lashes, just sweep it straight through from base to tip. Wiggling encourages droop probably because it deposits more formula onto the individual hairs, thus weighing them down. This mascara doesn't clump anyway so applying straight won't mean you'll have to brush it through like with other clumpier mascaras.

I'm a bit happier with Clump Crusher after these two revelations but it still doesn't impress me as a fab product. I'm not changing my ratings nor recommending anyone run out to buy it. It's merely ok and I won't be repurchasing.