July 29, 2014 | 1646 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Vice Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the Vice Palette after reading Temptalia's review and looking at the gorgeous swatches.

This palette has some great colours and pushes me to use some brighter shadows that I may not be as comfortable with, while still providing some "unalarming" shades that I can wear on a day to day basis.

The winning colours for me in this palette are "Blitz" and "Penny Lane". They are vibrant and utterly gorgeous.

The brush I don't find especially usable (similar to the Naked brushes). What I really enjoy about this palette is the packaging. It does have that rubbery finish, so yes it picks up finger prints and things, but it is fairly travel friendly for having 20 shades. It isn't as compact as either of the Naked Palettes, but is SOOO much more manageable than the UD 15th Anniversary, or BOSs.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a good palette. Not great, not terrible, just good. There are a lot of different shades to play with for an array of different looks. Neutrals for day, darker sultry colors for night, and a few bright shades thrown into the mix if you're feeling adventurous. For the most part I found the colors to be easy to work with and blend, with the exception of two or three colors. I would purchase it again, but I probably won't have to since there is a good amount of product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by dilc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very surprised at how well this product reviewing on this site, I've never been so disappointed with eye shadow before... Let me just say, I was so excited when I ordered this online, couldn't wait to get it, especially after the good reviews I read. And what a let down, I could have cried I was so disappointed. Color pay off was SO BAD, even after using primer. Not only that, the color was a mess to apply.. And when I walked into Sephora to get my money back, the girls at the counter were not surprised, they were equally disappointed in how bad the product was, I believe this product it a huge waste of money...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Again, a not so satisfying palette from UD. It is definitely a step up from the 15th Anniversary palette but there are so many disappointing shades/formulas in this palette.

Freebird (sparkley peach) and Provocateur (sparkley plum shade) were not pigmented at all and laden with chunky glitter that does not adhere to the skin well. Fall out Mayhem!

There are a lot of shades that do not seen too innovative to me like (nevermind and echo beach - nude shades that resemble each other and the exist.ng shade suspect). Vice - the shade that the palette is named after is a mediocre deep tone - nothing special.

I didnt care too much for the cool toned brown shades such as desparation and armor (taupes) but they are usable.

I did appreciate the mattes shades (anonymous - a cream shade with a slight satin finish and laced (a light nude pink matte shade)

I also appreciated the return of the bright jewel toned shades like junkie - a golden mid green and unhinged - a stunning teal shade. I also liked blitz which I though I would hate but its a nice gold shade with the slightest tough of green in it.

I couldnt wrap my head around the shade chaos - a matte deep blue which seemed chalky and hard to work with.

I also had some love for jagged, muse and occupy which a lot of people had issues with.

Overall, this is pretty average palette form UD. I love this new packaging, it seemed more adult, compact, sturdy and high end.
And although UD really brought an outstanding teal and green to the party like BOS III and IV, they do not justify the palette itself.

I have way too many UD palettes from previous years and this one pales in comparsion with regards to the excitement of the shade selection.

I am happy with this palette but if I lost it of broke it I just wouldnt bother to get another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by ajwhite1003

The color selection in this palette is great. There is such a nice variety. I did have a slight problem with the pigmentation and texture of some of the shades. They just didn't feel/look like the same quality that urban decay eye shadows come in. That being said, I'm obsessed with the matte pink beige "Laced" and so many of the other colors. It's definitely a fun addition to your makeup collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by MissGloomy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Love this palette! It's a great starter kit for anyone interested in experimenting with color. The shades are very pigmented and easy to work with. The only real con is the amount of fall-out, so I definitely recommend doing your eye look before the rest of your makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by BeckyDunmall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have become a bit of a Urban Decay addict in the last few years and when I saw this palette I knew I had to have it!
I love the mixture of colours and I personally think you could make any look from it. However I do have a problem with one shade in particular, Provocateur, the glitter is chunky, gets everywhere and the payoff isn't the best, but other than that all the other colours apply wonderfully, even the bright blue Chaos is wonderful on a background colour.
I also enjoy the design of the palette and the fact the mirror is self standing, a big bonus in my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having already purchased both Naked palettes, as soon as the Vice palette came out I simply had to have it! I had heard there were some issues with the pigmentation/quality of a couple of shades, which unfortunately proved to be true. Provocateur in particular is chunky and much too difficult to work with, whereas Penny Lane simply glides across the skin with intense colour payoff. The inconsistency in quality of these shades puzzles me, and its bulky, large packaging puts me off. More often than not I find myself reaching for my Naked palettes instead. The Vice palette definitely has the upper hand in terms of fun, party colours, but if you aren't too adventurous with eyeshadow colours and tend to stick with neutrals (like me), I'd opt out and maybe look at the Naked/Naked 2 palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by jessicajohn6

Urban Decay makes amazing eyeshadows and the Vice palette did not disappoint. The only shades that I absolutely do not use due to the crazy glitter fall out/texture are Jagged, Provocateur, and sometimes Freebird. I feel that Freebird ends up being just glitter when applied although it looks like a nice soft pink in the packaging. The pigmentation is insane!!! The colors are bright, amazing and last all day. I love Unhinged, Penny Lane and Chaos.

Texture is smooth and buttery, and color payoff is amazing for most of these shades. Great palette for those who do not have a whole lot of Urban Decay palettes already.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am slightly disappointed in the quality of these shadows. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, or maybe you have and just not noticed: when the brighter colors are used, they go on very brightly and pigmented. However, after a short period of time (less than 30 mins) they fade quite a bit and get muddy. I've tried a few different primers and techniques for these and it still happens. This is not user error. Some of them are chunky and the brush is awful. It's the same type of brush that came in my Naked2 (and that one is wonderful) but the bristles on this one are scratchy. The packaging is nice and sleek so that's a plus, and the variety is great. This is the first UD palette I've been disappointed with and I'm thinking maybe I got a dud?