July 30, 2014 | 1901 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Color Stay Ultimate Suede Lipstick

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by baileysmilk84

really regret buying this. it DOES NOT go on smoothly, the colour ends up on my lips PATCHY. its disgusting, total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

This lipstick is utterly dire. Why, oh why did I not read the MUA reviews first?! I exfoliated my lips and moisturized them well before applying the shade Flashing Lights. Initially, it looked pretty nice. The color is a soft peachy nude with a touch of shimmer, very flattering. After about 20-30 minutes, however, I started to feel a tackiness on my lips, as though I had spackled putty onto them. I went to check the mirror and, lo and behold, the lipstick was clinging to newly dry bits of chapped lip. Wonderful. I have no idea how Revlon, who normally make such nice lip products, could release something as diabolically poor as this.

At CAD$11+ full price, it's an utter joke. I mean, I've tried <$2 lipsticks from NYC that are miles better than this. I got it for half price, but it still aggravates me to think I could have just gotten a SuperLustrous Lipstick, Just Bitten Balm Stain, Color Burst Lip Butter, or basically any other Revlon lip product instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by typeface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The color in this lipstick is fantastic and richly pigmented (I got a hot pink, the name of which escapes me), which was what drew me to it to begin with. The first couple of times I wore it, I noticed I needed to keep putting lip balm on repeatedly - more than usual. It lasted a few hours, long enough for a couple of classes. Then I noticed how much it flaked, especially near the middle of my lips. Clumps would just form and it was kind of gross, all dead, colorful skin. It also had a funky smell to it. The tube seemed to dry out quickly. I think I'm going to use the remainder of this as a tint to a DIY lip balm recipe.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by queenofconvenience

Affordable, love the colour... but it flakes off terribly after some food/water, leaving an unforgiving outline. Reapplying doesn't work - you'd have to scrub everything off your lips and reapply again on a fresh base (how inconvenient). The weird sticky feeling on my lips after application is also one to get used to. Don't believe i've had a lipstick as terrible as this before.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by slingyt

Love the colour but...this product flakes off terribly after some water/food, leaving a bright outline around your lips. Reapplying doesn't work - you have to wipe everything off and start again. I've frankly never had a lipstick as terrible as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by funkykangaro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i never review anything but had to after experiencing such joy after using Revlon's color stay ultimate suede lipstick. and i was SHOCKED to see such a low rating. i'm giving it all the stars in the world because it is THE BEST LIPSTICK I HAVE EVER USED. unlike normal lipstick, it lasts. and unlike a stain, it stays moist. my color is iconic, but i'm excited to try others. i HIGHLY recommend it to any woman who wants a beautiful color that lasts through a meal (and a smoke, if u care to indulge in cancer-causing vices). i'm truly impressed and will never by another brand so long as i live!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by dayna74

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These took me awhile to get used to... I initially tried it over chapped lips, and it was horrible. I tried it again after exfoliating and using lip balm, and it made a huge difference. It goes on creamy, but then dries to a matte finish, and I usually put a bit of lip balm over top.

The colors are beautiful! I have Finale, a slightly orangey red, Backstage, a deep berry, and It Girl, a brighter peachy pink. I feel like they're not as bold as a lot of lipsticks, so they're great for everyday color without being too gaudy.

They last a couple hours on me before they start to fade, and less time than that if you are eating. You do have to remove it before reapplying, which is kind of a pain, but it doesn't stop me from wearing it. I also love that it is pretty transfer proof, so while it does fade, it doesn't end up all over my face/cup/eating utensils.

OVERALL: I've come to accept that there is no perfect lipstick, but with a few drawbacks, this mostly fits what I want from day to day. I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mbah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product and I can't believe the low ratings. I have this color in "Backstage" It is THE BEST. I feel so naked without it. I apply this super concentrated in the morning and it stays on all day. The color is so pigmented and luscious without looking like "clown lips". If this discountinued I'd form a complaint because its my go-to lipstick. I'm usually not even a lipstick girl because I dont like having anything on my mouth so I had to come here. The price is a bit..steep for a lipstick. But it wouldnt even deter me from buying it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by iirissirii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do not buy this lipstick whatsoever! I thought since Revlon made such great other lipsticks, I'd give this one a try because they ran out of the pink I like from their lip butter line. This had to be the worst mistake ever and I'm so thankful Target accepts used makeup returns.
When I got this lipstick, I was so excited, I put it on in my car immediately after purchasing it. Two minutes after putting it on, it started to cake up and completely dried on my lips forming these awful creases and patches where lipstick and lip didn't meet anymore... When you put this on, you cannot rub your lips together or else it will lose it's placement. Stick with Revlon Lip Butter and just look the other way at this lipstick!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been on the hunt for a perfect pink lipstick. After spending an absurd amount of time trying on lipsticks in Sephora and Mac, I just ended up grabbing this in Front Row. Really wish I hadn't. The color payoff is terrible. It looks perfect in the tube - a nice warm pink, but on the color is completely different - much more blue toned pink. It's shiny, and not in a good way, like a cheap lipstick. It went on very sheer, I wouldn't have purchased if i could have swatched it first.