October 20, 2014 | 2072 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST BHA 9

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by QueenArlene

I haven't had any laser treatments yet, so this was a wonderful find. I like the pump dispenser with clear window to see how much product remains. Especially like the results. Noticed facial spots disappearing, and some larger imperfections getting smaller. Even though I am a post menopausal 55 year old I still get a pimple or two and Resist BHA 9 helps treat/ heal those too. I use one pump onto clean fingertips to dab onto specific areas at night after my usual skin cleansing ritual (which includes Olay Regenerist around eyes and small lines around mouth and jaw, then Paula's Choice BHA Gel 8%).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Kimmycakes

After reading reviews regarding using this product for sebaceous hyperplasia I decided it was worth a try. I used in nightly religiously until I ran out. I did nothing...Nada! What a waste of money. I was like I didn't even use a product at all. That being said then I found Arcona's The Solution. Amazing!! I had results the first time I used it. You wake up the next morning with smooth dewy skin. I have been using it just over a week, and the SH bumps are smoothing out. One product that actually does what it says. Can not recommend it enough.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am true blue PC fan. I use quite a few of her products and my skin is generally in good shape. I decided to try this product to fine tune the last few stubborn "magnifying mirror" spots. This one was a MAJOR LETDOWN for me. Let's talk RESULTS first... I saw ZERO results from this product. Tried it on milia, brown spots, enlarged pores, blemishes, and one SH. Nada. Also tried on my son's milia - nothing.

The product is an oily substance that just sits on the skin. It doesn't seem like it absorbs. I've used PC retinol serums that have similar feel and my skin just drinks them in - but not BHA9!!!

The pump. Yes it is a pain. I finally mastered it. If you want just a small portion to spot treat. Tap tap tap like morse code. Do not depress it at all - just tap. It will "leak" a little out onto your finger with each tap that you can use to spot treat.

I tried the BHA 4% foam and MUCH preferred it. My son had remarkable results with the 4% Foam!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product!! I had a huge, solid, deep cyst on my jawline that had been sitting there for literally weeks, I've used this twice, overnight, as the last step in my routine and already it's much, much smaller - literally halved in size.

Also used in on some new and older spots and the newer spots are literally vanishing. The older marks look a little better, after a couple of applications so I'm looking forward to the long-term results. However, I think the best use for this is for new spots, especially deep ones

The issue with this product is that the consistency (runny) is totally at odds with the way it's supposed to be use (as a spot treatment) It feels like an oil and one pump will give you quite a lot which will run down your fingers...it's too liquid to apply with a cotton bud unfortunately as it just gets absorbed. Would be really amazing if they'd formulate it a little thicker. In the meantime I try to do tiny little pump on each individual spot

My dry, sensitive skin had no issues tolerating this, which is good

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have some hardened pimple residue that remains under the skin and manual extraction can break blood vessels, which for me can be permanent. This stuff softens and draws junk to the surface. Absolutely worth a try if you are looking for a dense source of salicylic acid.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is on the expensive side for PC, and the pump leaves a lot to be desired. There is no way to control the amount that comes out . Yes, it stays sticky but is supposed to be used only AT NIGHT as a spot treatment. But I will continue to buy this because it works . I haven't noticed any changes in my fine lines, but I have been using it for about three months and my two dark spots (from sun damage) have faded significantly as well as the skin colored bumps that pop up all over my face and usually take a month or more to go away. This product also works on new breakouts, they are usually gone by morning ! I highly recommend this product .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

This is a key player in my skin care regime. I use mostly Paula's products since I know what I am getting, the price is very reasonable and THEY WORK. This is a product that will intensely clean out your pores since BHA's exfoliate inside the pores (AHA's exfoliate the surface). I use a 2% BHA twice a day as a base before my serum/moisturizer and use the 9% strength on spots such as milia that develop under my eyes and pores that are inclined to get clogged around my nose and chin. I do this about every 10-12 days. Sometimes I use it all over my cheeks. It does an amazing job of clarifying the skin which is noticeable the next morning (this should only be used in the evening). The container releases a set amount of the serum probably so you only use the proper amount. I totally believe that there are no better skin care products around and that means at any price. These ingredients are not so rare that they command exorbitant prices and you should not be continued to be fleeced by exotic claims from cosmetics companies. It took me a while to break away from that belief but seeing is believing and my skin looks terrific.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes I was a sucker and bought this ridiculously overpriced product. It's a clear, sticky, gel with a thin consistency. No fragance. The container is tiny, and the pump squirts out an amount that is often more than I wanted, and then 1/2 of what squirted out dripped down the side. I applied to some areas of my face and body where I wanted extra exfoliation. I have oily/acneic/rosacea prone skin that does not shed on its own. This went on sticky and stayed sticky. I noticed less exfoliation than the PC 2% BHA, which made me question whether there really was 9% BHA in this stuff or if the formulation was reducing the exfoliative power of the BHA. It didn't break me out, irritate me, or do anything bad, but I also saw zero, zip, nada effect of any noticeable kind. I really like some of the PC products, but this was not one of them. For me, total waste of $$.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am not sure about this. I have dry combo clogged skin. Went through a few samples on breakout spots. and it was great. It is gentle and in a heavy serum that feels like the retinol serum. It is sort of silky and dense. I find it gentle and it exfoliates, but can be tricky as the base can clog.

Many use it on their entire face. So, I tried it. It felt great, not drying and exfoliated, but I broke out a bit. They say it is just a spot treatment and I agree. I have had no problems on spot use. I see why people have mixed reactions to it. Maybe what makes it so gentle, can clog a bit.

Verdict: The tube is smaller than I expected and the pump is a little tricky. Tap very gently and let go for a dab. It is great for pimple busting, maybe the best ever, but it is crazy expensive. I will have to see how long this lasts, to decide if I will buy the full size again or use the sample tube size. I will always keep some form of it around for breakout emergencies though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Bought this one last week. Since I got great results with PC's 15C booster I decided to try the retinol body smoothing cream and this one. I have only applied it once - and I have already joined the "I hate this pump" club! It is indeed irritating that you cant control the amount you get. I planned to use it only on my nose, chin and two spots on my cheek but since I got too much product out, I used it on my forehead as well. No stinging, burning or any reactions on spot. However, I takes a while to dry and it is quite shiny. I would not wear this under foundation. For night use, no problem. I did not wake up to a miracle, but I do think pores look smoother (but maybe this is from the 15C booster?) Oh well, I will apply it again tonight.
Update Nov 6: loving this so far.. I had previously used PC's BHA 2% gel, which I find very sticky. This is ten times better, but then it should be since it is sooo pricey.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No