Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 3%) • Cyclohexasiloxane • Dimethicone • Isododecane • Alcohol Denat • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Phenyl Trimethicone • Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer • PEG-10 Dimethicone • Disteardimonium Hectorite • Fragrance • Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract • Limonene • Benzyl Salicylate • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Linalool • Benzyl Alcohol • Propylene Carbonate • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate • Water • Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil • Butylphenyl Methylpropional • Aluminium Hydroxide • Hexyl Cinnamal +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide • CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 1/20/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fabulous product -- pricey, yes, but well worth the money if you want to have a nice even skin tone that looks natural. I smooth a small drop off this on my face every morning -- a little goes a long way so it lasts and lasts. I never need to reapply makeup at work as this product has staying power. I have mild rosacea and some sun damage and this completely covers it up without making me look like an aging pancake face. If you want or need more coverage without the ugly spackle look, I recommend Armani Maestro.

on 12/24/2014 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have this maestro foundation shade #7 which a little bit darker on my complexion, which #6.5 is too light. my skin tone is NC35 or C4 on mac face&body as reference. Which I think I'm somewhere in the middle of 6.5-7. I have a very oily face which easily after put the foundation on my face start to produce oil and become oilier during the day. I dont like wearing primer, so I just let my make up goes in the middle of hot, high humidity climate in my country. But, this baby is exceptional. It gives a nice matte looking where the more I use it the more I notice that during the day my face start to glow, less less less oil, and nice. During the day my pores start to disappear which I was hard to believe, because many foundations will show the pores after couple hours and break your makeup. It smooth like velvet when I rube it, and I when I put it on, I feel like I rub an oil but in dry finish. it last more than 8 hours which is amazing. After my uni, I went back home at the late afternoon, and I looked at the mirror that my makeup was the same and even better. The scent doesn't bother me at all. I just love this foundation and I regret that I just purchased it where many people raved about it. I will absolutely repurchase after I run out or maybe repurchase other giorgio armani foundation marketed for oily skin.

on 12/4/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of the worst foundation formula. I got a sample size bottle in Germany (just when it came out) when buying my favorite Lasting Silk Foundation. I really loved the cute bottle and was told that this new foundation is amazing.
However, I was disappointed. It did not work well for my skin. I just hate the formula. It feels so sticky, slippery and way too silky. It does not dry completely, so this foundation rubs off very easily - on my hands, clothes, scarf. It is also not long lasting.
I still prefer Lasting Silk or even Luminous is much better.

on 11/15/2014 10:52:00 AM

Where to start? So basically i bought this foundation months and months ago after reading lots of great things about it. And ill be honest its taken me a while to like this product and be able to make it work with my skin... However now i LOVE it!!

Before I used mc pro longwear foundation and i swore by it, i had never found another foundation I loved more. I bought this Giorgio Armani one and at first felt like it was so thin and watery, i felt like it didnt look as good as my Mac one. Therefore i just left it alone and never really bothered with it. Few months later i ran out of mac and with never getting round to buying a new one i started wearing this Maestro one. I find i have to wear 2 layers for it to give me enough coverage as it is quite thin, and once you let it sink for 10 mins it looks fabulous! i fell in love with it and even if i use mac now, i still way way prefer this one! It looks so natural but also makes your skin look fab.

It is quite pricey however i do think its worth it. It comes in a glass bottle and has a little squirty pump thing which is easy to blob it on. A little goes a long way, and i will DEFINITELY be buying more now ive ran out!

You may not like it at first but once you give it chance im sure youll love it!!

on 11/4/2014 7:23:00 PM

If this weren't Armani, I'd probably return it. It's just not so miraculous as the brand and price suggests.

I'm somewhere between 3 and 4, color-wise. 3 is quite pale, 4 is much darker and warmer. The SA talked me into 4 because it looked healthier (and I guess it did), but this oxidizes on me as the day goes on, so I end up appearing quite golden. I'm very neutral, so even if it looks "healthier," I think it looks weird.

If there were a 3.5, I'd be happy. It's fun to use, and elegant. I doesn't make my skin look exquisite, but my skin isn't exquisite. It does feel lovely on the skin. But I wish it matched me better.

I bought Chanel Velvet Matte the same day in Rose Beige. I am MUCH more taken with that majick potion. It's thicker and matches me. To be less subjective, it has a lovelier finish and better coverage.

on 7/29/2014 9:08:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this foundation, it genuinely looks like skin. I've been an avid Luminous silk user for years and whenever I get luminous silk i always ask for a sample of this in various shades to try and find my match, i'm a 6.5/7.

When i first tried this for the first few times i was like.... ok, its mediocre but decent finish, just not long wearing and clings to any remotely dry patch, but kept asking for samples when mine ran out when i was at my local armani counter, i persevered.

Now, i don't have dry skin i have normal but when i get a spot it tends to dry out after which is where the cakeyness and flakiness comes into practice here. The MASTER TRICK WITH THIS FOUNDATION ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS........ OIL!!!

This is an oil based foundation, it needs an oil based primer, moisturizer or just an oil underneath it, as with all foundations, if you use sillicone foundation use sillicone primer, if you use water based foundation use a water based moistruizer, they are made to marry together.

Not only with the oil from your chosen base prior to application adhere to the foundation, it will make it last longer and moistruize your skin so well it wont get any dry patches. Personally, i use my pai rosehip oil then put a but of moisturizer on before applying and it lasts allllll day, the finish is great (powdering is your preferene, i do t-zone only) and there you have it! If you have this foundation and are hating it, give it a try with an oil underneath, just a few drops, i use about 4 then apply foundation as needed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my new HG! I have in shade #3 (which is slightly lighter than my skin color). The texture is amazing, very smooth. It is well absorbed in my skin. However, I feel that I have to wear a good primer.
In the hot summer, it melts a bit, mostly around the lips and nose.
I have tried several foundations, being this one and MUFE HD the best in my opinion.

on 7/9/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This foundation totally faked me out on the first try. I bought it when it first came out and hated it -- it dried me out and emphasized the dry patches I already had, while looking funky and masklike. It broke my heart because the lightest color was so perfect a match for my skin.

The worst part, though, was the awful little dropper -- after a few uses, the seal wore away and it leaked all over one day, creating a completely unsanitary product that made a mess of my foundation drawer. In my effort to get one more use out of it before I chunked it, I used it again -- this time with a beautyblender sponge instead of my fingers, as I had before.

It turns out that this no-brainer application switch was a total gamechanger for the Maestro + my skin equation. A thinner, more sporadic layer, applied only to trouble spots and over a hefty layer of moisturizer, nicely smoothed things out and looked phenomenal all day. While I'm ashamed of my rookie mistake, I'm also glad that I can now repurchase. (Even though the packaging is still my nemesis, just like the big awkward Luminous Skin bottle. Get it together with the foundation containers, Armani!)

on 6/9/2014 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am in the camp that likes this foundation. I reduced one lipstick due to tough shade match. I have both 4.5 which is yellow enough but too light, and 6.0 which is too dark and also pink. I use 3 drops of 4.5 to 2 drops of 6.0 to get a decent match to my NC27 skin. There is now a 5.25 which came out after I bought my two shades but I have not tried it. 5.5 is pink.

I love that it doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation. It is light to medium in coverage so I use it on good skin days. I agree with other reviews that it can cling to dry patches so if you tend toward dryness, you may not like it. It works well for my combo skin, holding off shine for at least four hours.

I don't mind the dropper but it's a whole different mind set to apply this runny base without having it drip through my fingers before it reaches my face.

on 5/23/2014 3:19:00 PM

I didn't like this foundation it was to dry for my combination skin and it clings to dry patches. Had little to no coverage It looked patch dry. It was hard to apply really liquidy and messey it gets all over the top of the opening. It applies streaky also no good for oily skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation - Tony Moly CC Cream vs. Hera UV BB Mist vs. Armani Maestro vs. Armani Face Fabric by Josephine Chiu

Top Rated Giorgio Armani Products