April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

This looked too dry on my skin and settled into lines. Drug store brands do much better on me than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by misstaggart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It may not be the most rational choice, but I adore this foundation. Sure, my skin must be at its best in order for this to really shine, but when it does, it SINGS. The texture, the fragrance, the packaging, the beautiful finish. It's a wonderful product and I've found the staying power and coverage to be adequate. I have a hunch there are more logical choices out there, but using this makes me feel extra confident and lovely, so why not stick with it? I alternate using my fingers or the RT buffing brush for application.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Fevrier78

Ooohhh... I never loved so much a foundation like i love mestro..
I've been trying few foundations lately.. I bought samples of light bulb and face architect from shu eumura, and full size of face designer and maestro from giorgio armani.

I love those foundation above, at first i was hesitated to buy maestro but what the heck.... i bought it anyway. I used maestro the last cuz i didnt any have high expectation but.. i was amazed with how beautiful the foundation is on my skin, best among all i owned.

My skin is not perfect at all, i have few brown spots from previous breakout, i have tiny scars on my cheeks from breakouts as well during my teen, so guys not perfect at all.
What amazed me is this foundation could make my skin near perfect, it may not cover all the brown spots but you really need to put your eyes close to my skin to spot them, and my scars.. Somehow this foundation blurs it ?? My skin looks almost smooth ... Really im not kidding ! My skin looks damn good !!!

I have been wearing this foundation from 7am til 5pm, i didnt blot... Neither did any touch up, my face still looks damn good, no oxidation at all too. I have shine but good shine not gross or oily kind of shine... Oh man... Good Job Giorgio A !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by kn2172

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had absolutely no plans to buy this foundation at the Cosbar in Santa Fe - I was perfectly happy with the cream stick foundation I had been using. I had been reading about it, so I decided to see how it felt. OMG! It felt like silk. My sister and I each bought a bottle of #3. We tend to go light, reason: we never see anyone whose foundation is too light, but we often see women whose foundation is too dark or orangey. We are both natural redheads, so we are fair-skinned, but makeup artists and store clerks always want us to go darker, when they themselves looks like they are wearing orangey masks. What is up with that?! Some are such beautiful girls, but so heavily made up and artificial looking. As some other reviewers have indicated, a little goes a very long way. In fact, it's amazing that something so light and gossamer can improve one's appearance so much. I simply use some (not all) of the makeup that clings to the dropper when I pull it out of the bottle. It stays on well, even in the New Mexico summer heat...even through Zumba class. I had been using cosmetic sponges with my cream foundation, but with the GA foundation, i use my fingers to quickly spread it around. It is possible to build coverage on undereye areas by lightly patting then blending some extra there. The foundation has a very nice finish. Now that I am older, I always always use moisturizer, day and night, and I have been using L'Oreal's Miracle Blur (when I remember!) as a primer. It doesn't interfere with makeup application. Sometimes I might use blush after I have allowed the foundation to "set". I bought my bottle 5 months ago and I'm pretty sure that I've only used 1/4 of it, so even though it's pricey, it lasts. I steal peeks at myself in the mirror while I drive to work. Damn, I look good!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by GirlieReview

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have incredibly dry skin and I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It provides medium coverage and looks like bare skin. It wears well on me throughout the day. The only issue is if I have some really dry patches, it can cling to them, but every foundation does that.

I read this described as a powder foundation for people whose skin is too dry to wear powder foundation and I truly have no idea what that's supposed to mean. This doesn't look like my skin is powdered. It looks like I'm not wearing anything at all. I've seen people apply it with a brush, but I get the best results with my fingers. It is very runny, but the little dropper makes for easy dispensing and keeping the product sanitary (unlike the L'Oreal Magic Nude foundation which is an ungodly mess to try and dispense).

I'm not crazy about the round bottle just because it doesn't play well with the rest of my makeup storage. But it is a heavy glass bottle and quite resilient.

The only problem for me is that I was color matched at a counter to a shade 5.0 and it's way too dark for me. I'm NW15ish and I will admit that I love this foundation enough to make it work. I'll either wear a scarf and long sleeves in the winter or I'll bronze my neck in the summer. I would love to try a lighter shade, but at this price point, I will finish this whole bottle before I do that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Silfor

It goes on smooth and gives a great natural look. I don't think it provides enough coverage however, I don't have particularly blemished skin, but I do get small red patches now and then, this foundation is only for people with already flawless skin. I changed to the luminous silk and found it a much better in regards to coverage however with a natural look still.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by oolala30

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this foundation to work for me but it didn't. What I like about this is that it was color matched perfectly for me. I used color #10 and it looked like my skin but better. I love the way that it applied because it felt like I was putting silk over my face. The finished product was really everything I wanted my foundation to look like. The problem? That look lasts for all of an hour. I have been using this foundation for 2 weeks and I'm done!! I cant take it any more. I would do my makeup in the morning before work and by the time I get to the office and settle in, its time to blot. I work 20 minutes away from my home!!!

When I tried this out at the store, the SA advised me to not use my Beauty Blender but instead, put some on my fingers and rub them together to warm the foundation a bit, and then apply with. I did as she instructed and I did get a beautiful finish but sadly that is all that I got. I used it with primer - I got oily; I used it without primer - I got oily; I used it with serum - I got oily; I used it without serum - I got oily; I used it on bare skin - I got oily; I used it with MAC blot powder - I got oily. It took me a while but I think I finally got the message.... this stuff will always make me oily no matter what I do to prevent that from happening!

I'm kind of sad that this does not work for me because as I've said a few times, I LOVE the way it looks, but I've learned my lesson. I AM GOING BACK TO ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR!!! ELDW never lets me down. I tried Armani because I wanted something a bit more luxurious than ELDW but at this point I'm ready to throw in the towel and say 'screw luxury!!' Besides, ELDW is fantastic. I will learn to be satisfied with just that. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right??

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It covers very well and feels like I am not wearing anything. I was so in love with this at first!

The only problem is it breaks me out so I had to discontinue!!!

If I wasn't prone to breakouts this would be my HG!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so silky and thin that at first I loved it a ton.

The staying power is god awful.

After about 4 hours it gets greasy and becomes itchy on my skin.

I don't see the point of keeping this in my regimen and definitely will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

The ingredients in this are nearly identical to L'oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder. Basically same product, same feel, same result and I own both and cannot tell the difference. Considering L'oreal owns Armani, no surprise there.

This has a very water-y, thin liquid feel that evens out skin and provides sheer to light coverage. If you have flawless but oily skin this may work for you. You need to be careful as you can't just put some out on the back of your hand, it will dribble and run down your hands. I just dab it into different sections of my face quickly and blend it out. It sets to a powdery finish. Not very much lasting power - the most I can go without it fading is about 3 hours. It seems to just vanish on my skin, in both the oily and dry areas.

Initially I liked how it looked but in natural light, it just appears kind of "dusty" or "chalky". I have combination skin and this seemed to accentuate my drier patches & make my skin feel drier in general. I don't really like the powdery finish because it's not the most natural appearing. Also it's very difficult to build up. It is buildable per se but not enough to cover much and because of the drying alcohol and chemical sunscreen it's too irritating around my eye area and stings on my cheeks a bit. Again if you have oilier skin that isn't sensitive this could be perfect for you.

I would not repurchase, because although Armani has some other great foundations, this one is just not in the same league for me. Also the identical L'oreal is way cheaper, but even that I probably won't repurchase. I think this can work for other skin types but for me it is a fail.