November 27, 2014 | 1413 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the longest time I have been mostly into tinted moisturizers or at least light coverage and preferably foundations that relieve or at least do not worsen my skins dryness. Lighter coverage also usually equals natural finish and not that I don't like a full makeup - because I do, but most of the time I have chosen the lighter touch... My favorite for many years has been Laura Mercier's Tinted moisturizer, and that still is a favorite but not anymore my only one...
See lately I have sort of rediscovered my old playfulness when it comes to makeup and because of it my quest for a bit more build able coverage began about a year ago. And now I can say I have found my new best friend in the foundation land...

The Maestro Fusion makeup is not usually marketed towards dry skin ladies, but is sold as a matte build able liquid foundation for normal, mixed and oilier skin types. But I must say this has worked amazingly well with my topical dry skin!!
It goes on matte, fills out pores making the skin look absolutely flawless and I think it is the pigment in oil mixture that really is the reason why this works so well also with my dry skin! The oil sort of holds the moisture from moisturizers and primer underneath and makes the pigment able to do it's very best smoothing out the surface!
I thought I'd never find anything that would make my slightly enlarged pores diminish and even disappear, but this foundation works magic on my skin! Especially with the GA primer underneath.

Colourwise it was easy to find good matches for my skin tone. I usually buy one lighter, matching the lightest part of my skin tone and one, just a tad darker and that way I can mix my foundation daily to match the condition of my skin as well as situation for the makeup. The Maestro is also very good when it comes to oxidization. It hardly oxidizes at all, which I also credit to it's oil and pigment solution. If you use a primer I don't think it will oxidize at all, even though there are of course always exceptions, every skin is unique, but some foundations oxidize a lot and on most people. (Like luminizing skin finish and even more so the long lasting version from the same brand). This is more risk-free compared to that.

I also like the texture of this fluid. Very light and almost runny. And I like the little pipette, even though one has to keep a lookout and wipe off the rim of the bottle once in a while to keep it from getting messy. The light texture is still very build able and you can go from a very light coverage to almost full coverage in a flash.
It is however very different from most other foundations texture wise, so it is hard to compare it, really. It is quite unique, and right now my HQ foundation.

I am not very breakout prone, and I have not had any problems in that department with this, but if there is sensitivity to oils of any kind then this might not be the best choice. I also think that if aluminizing foundations is your thing then this may feel too matte. But on the other hand that fact makes this foundation despite the spf in it photograph pretty well! Also if your skin is super dry and flaky even after intense moisturization, I think this would not be perfect. And it did not like me using Mac's CC correctors underneath it either... That made the foundation actually pill a little bit... which might be good to know for some. Instead I use the CC correcting powders if correcting is at all necessary, (usually not with this foundation). Normally I don't need any powder whatsoever after using this and it still gives me a flawless hold for many many hours before any touching up begins to feel necessary! (And then it is usually the concealer that need a bit of revamping anyway... not the foundation... My skin also feels soo soft and smooth all day or night when I am wearing this!

In a word: Awsome! Plain Awsome!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sueren

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!
I am just so obsessive about foundations and have spent a small fortune over the years on the search for the perfect one. I live in New Zealand and have to buy this from overseas, so I held off for sometime, as I thought it was not for me. How wrong I was. I bought it as an after thought when in Hong Kong at Christmas, and was just blown away by how fantastic it was. I find the coverage is light-medium and is adjustable, I just pat a little more on any places that need it. I apply it with my fingers and it is fool proof, very quick and easy to get a perfect finish, exactly what a busy person needs.I have a combination skin and the colour stays true and I can't believe such a watery foundation lasts all day and late into the evening with no touch ups-amazing. Packaging is fine, I always shake it well before use, but am wondering how easy it will be to get the last out of the bottle with the dropper when the level gets low. I have already purchased a back up bottle online from the US. I wear shade 5.5, over Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge shade 2, or Hourglass Mineral Primer. I do a light dusting with Edward Bess Bronzer in Daydream (my all time favourite), Nars blush in Deep Throat topped with Hourglass Dim Infusion Ambient blush. High light with Koh Gen Do Aqua Illuminator in Sheer Beige and a quick spray MAC Fix+.
I find this still looks perfect 12 hours later.
Other foundations which I have worn and loved (but not as much as Maestro) have been Armani Lasting Silk, Ellis Faas Skin Veil, and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.
I just hope Armani never stop making this amazing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by workingmdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! It's the only foundation I'll wear when being photographed. The airbrush quality others have raved about is no joke! I've been accused of "photoshopping" on this very site when posting pictures while wearing this foundation! I have to mix two shades together to match my skin tone(4.5 & 6.5) but it's worth it! A little goes a LOOONG way, so the price is a little easier to justify.Lasts all day too, without oxidizing! I'm posting a picture taken wearing Maestro with this review.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by pk31

BEAUTIFUL foundation. I always receive so many compliments from complete strangers when I wear this. It is incredibly lightweight, buildable coverage and as long as applied correctly, you get this beautiful airbrushed finish. Make sure to open from the base of the lid and not the dropper. I like to put four drops on the back of my hand and starting on one cheek, slowly work my way around my entire face using my fingers to apply. You don't want to apply dots all over and try blending them out after as the foundation dries down pretty quickly. I highly recommend for those with normal to oily skin types, you will LOVE it!!! I sure do!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by constanceyc

I love this foundation which comes with a broad range of tone selections. I have always been looking for a foundation that is not too white for me and i got number 4.5! Other than that, it is light and long lasting. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Shellikins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live well over 100 miles from the nearest Armani counter, so I was super excited to try this product as well as the other Armani foundations. We did half my face with this, the other half with the luminous silk version and in all kinds of light this one worked better for me. Most of my melasma has been lasered away, so I don't need that much coverage any more. It is very thin, but I like that I can spread it around with my fingers and how it feels like I don't have anything on. If I need more coverage I can put another layer on and it looks nice, not heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It took me a long time to like this foundation. I wanted it for ages before I bought it, but I live in New Zealand and it's not available here (at least I haven't seen it anywhere) so I had to wait and bought it duty free. But for a long time it didn't really work for me. I really liked the concept, and I found it easy to apply and long-lasting and that kind of thing, but it just didn't look that good on me! I spent a bit of time on the internet researching best methods of application and that kind of thing, but to no avail really. I found the coverage too sheer, but worse than that I found it made my skin look a bit ashy. There was definitely no glow. Now it is possible that I just got the wrong shade, but I don't think I did. It seems to match my skin colour pretty well, and I spent a long time with a SA getting the shade right, as I am neurotic about foundation shades. Even so, there was this ashiness.

I know I haven't really justified the four lipsticks yet. Well: I finally found a way of liking this foundaiton, and it is by mixing it with a LITTLE bit of Lancome Teint Miracle. I find that the blend of the two foundations brings out all the things I like about each of them and removes the things I don't like. I love the glow and imperfection-blurring nature of Teint Miracle, but I don't like the thick feeling and the slightly "hi, I'm wearing foundation" look. Those things go when mixed with Maestro. What I get is the sheer, skin-like look of Maestro with none of the ashiness. Just a lovely non-glittery glow.

So while Maestro on its own is not that great for me, together with Teint Miracle I have found perhaps the best foundation ever for me. So on that basis I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by cocobinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't even realize I had dry patches on my face until I wore this. Probably nice on normal/oily skin, but I find it really drying. The texture is nice, very light and silky. But on my dry skin, it looks HORRIBLE up close and the finish is dull and too matte. Even though my skin is on the dry side, I never have problems with foundations clinging like this one. It doesn't smooth over imperfections like most foundations probably because it's alcohol based. It just sinks into them.. so beware.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

This looked too dry on my skin and settled into lines. Drug store brands do much better on me than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by misstaggart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It may not be the most rational choice, but I adore this foundation. Sure, my skin must be at its best in order for this to really shine, but when it does, it SINGS. The texture, the fragrance, the packaging, the beautiful finish. It's a wonderful product and I've found the staying power and coverage to be adequate. I have a hunch there are more logical choices out there, but using this makes me feel extra confident and lovely, so why not stick with it? I alternate using my fingers or the RT buffing brush for application.