July 22, 2014 | 2431 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio HD Blush (all)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This blush is honestly amazing! Picked it up for $3. The packaging remind me of the MUFE hd blush. It is incredibly pigmented, but I got the lighter, more subdued of the colors "headliner" it's a nice poppy pink and the best choice for fair skinned ladies like me. I was worried about it being quite garish or clown like because I'm not a blush girl in the first place and it's quite cheap. I prefer a nice healthy flush that looks natural and compliments my freckled skin. This does the trick. It glides on nice and smooth due to the liquid texture. It does give my skin a nice even look, and I apply translucent powder to set and it looks perfectly airbrushed and natural. With the powder it lasts almost 6 hours(and I'm an oily girl), but it fades evenly instead of spreading out and getting blotchy. I find it extremely hard to blend out with my fingers directly on my skin. I've always had that issues with cream/liquid blushers. The finger tip method always distributes the pigment unevenly and smears my foundation around. So I picked up the elf stippling brush and the two go great together. I put a small (I mean teeny tiny) bit on the back of my hand and flatten it out with my finger, then lightly press the brush into it and blot it around to get it evenly picked up. Then I gently stipple it on the spot I want it. I find this is the best for precision while still giving it a nice finish. Hope this helps those of you having trouble applying this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by krose03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, is this pigmented- I mean crazy pigment! You only need a DOT, I am so serious or you will look like a circus act. Great colors, rich pigment, extremely affordable and long lasting, and let's not forget the trademark elf pricetag- 1-3 dollars. Either you'll love it or you won't cry over it if you don't so just try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm VERY impressed with this - ELF products, especially the Studio Line have continued to surprise me! I purchased this when ELF was having a 50% off sale - so I got this for around $1.50. Later did I find out that my Target started carrying more of their studio line (including these blushes) as well as the cream shadows and other lip products, etc. First things first, I was suprised at how small this tube was. However, when I realized how bold these pigments were I know that I would probably never need more than this one tube. It's so pigmented that even a little pin drop (for swatching purposes) was enough to provide a heavy swatch on the back of my hand AND my wrist. It did take quite a bit of scrubbing with soap to get all of it off. When I tried to apply it to my face, I was a bit confused how to do so because such small dots did not provide a lot of product to work with and smear around on the apples of my cheeks. I tried blending it out with my small stipple and it took some work but it blended out just fine. I have this in Superstar which is a nice medium pink with a bit of coral (in my opinion) there are also small flecks of glitter in this too. Overall, I am pleased with this but wish that it wasn't AS pigmented so it would be easier to apply to the cheeks without looking clownish, also very great color selection too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by nykrod112

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Im in love! For the price, quality and quantity i am blown away. I bought the fuchsia color today and used it as a matte lip color bc i already had blush on. I love love it. U have to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh boy I cant wait to get all the colors.so far I've only got one (my local kmart just got these) in "Superstar" a dirty pinky color (those tones look best on me). Very easy to blend & you don't need much at all. Usually I give the top pump just the tinyist push to get a smaller then pea size amount on the back of my hand for both cheeks then will put 3/4 dots along cheek bone& blend..easy peasy . dosn't last all day but longer then their powdered blush ( mabey if I put a powdered blush on top it would last longer but I'm fine with it for now) I really like these ALOT. It's crazy cheep for such a nice product..HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Havemore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was a bit hesitant to purchase this since here in Canada the only way to purchase E.L.F. is on line, but I decided to give it a go. I have the blush in Headliner. Boy the women on here are not kidding when they say it's pigmented to a HUGE degree. I shake it and put less than a pin head drop on my hand and that does my blush for the day. I decided to try a Wayne Goss trick and put it UNDER my foundation and it looked really natural doing it that way. All in all certainly worth the pennies it cost because it will last a really long time. I don't regret buying it a bit, have grown to like E.L.F. and enjoy the quality that comes at such an affordable price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This cream blush packs a ton of pigment and has incredible staying power for a blush, but man is it a bitch to apply! The product is TOO pigmented, if such a thing is possible. The color is so concentrated, that unless you're a fan of REALLY strong blush the amount you need for each cheek is about the size of a head of a pin. Such a tiny amount is hard to apply to a brush or even to spread evenly across your skin with your fingers. The only brush I've successfully used is a stippling brush, and even that brush gives me more color than I really want. I have fair skin and rosy cheeks, so it takes very little product to make me look really flushed especially later in the day after my foundation starts to fade. Even after stippling off excess product on the back of my hand, I still can't figure out how to apply this as lightly as I'd like. I also find this product difficult to blend because of how pigmented it is and because of how fast it dries on your skin. If you wait 30 seconds to blend it, you've probably waited too long!

The tough learning curve for this product is a shame, because there are some great things about this blush! I love that despite being a cream blush, it dries down fairly matte. A lot of cream blushes make you look dewy which can be tricky for someone with oily skin to pull off. It also lasts longer than any blush I've ever tried. I usually don't get more than 4 hours out of a cream blush, and only get 6 out of a powder blush. This product lasts for at least 10-12.

Another plus is how affordable it is. For $3 you get more than enough product to last you a year, even when accounting for some inevitable product waste. The pump on the tube allows you to do partial pump (when you just tap the spout rather than pushing it down all the way), but even that dispenses a little more product than you need for your cheeks. The pump spout isn't quite as airtight as I'd like (over time the texture of the blush thickens inside the pump from a somewhat runny liquid to a thicker mousse), but overall the packaging is as good as I could expect from a $3 blush.

If you love to rock a strong cheek and don't mind dealing with the learning curve, this product is worth checking out. If you prefer a natural looking flush, I'd avoid this product unless you have a darker skintone and have a tough time finding blushes pigmented enough to show up. Or if you just don't have much natural color in your cheeks at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is incredible!
I picked this up in the shade Encore because I wanted something I could use on my cheeks and lips that would actually show up. I figured for $3, even if it sucked royally, it wouldn't be some crazy heartbreak.
But this stuff doesn't suck. Not at all.
First off, I usually don't go for cream blushers because I've got quite oily skin on my cheeks. Cream blushers tend to go swirly or patchy on me rather quickly, and for that reason, I've always gone for powders.
However, this formula is fantastic. It's definitely a stain, rather than a cream blusher. The pigmentation is INSANE. The tiniest dab on each cheek (not even one full pump to accommodate both cheeks) is all you need. Just make sure to blend VERY quickly, as this stuff sets within seconds. Once you get past the learning curve of working with this product, you'll get beautiful results. Flushed, sweet-looking cheeks that last for hours.
As I mentioned earlier on, I did get this to use on my lips as well after reading from several other reviewers that they did the same. It's outstanding in that capacity. This color is very bright, so my M.O. is to apply it and blend it in with my finger. I let it set for a few minutes, then wipe off the excess and apply a tinted balm over top. Boom - gorgeously pigmented, summer lips.
The packaging is great. I love any liquid or cream formula that comes with a functioning pump. It doesn't just glorp the product out all over the place either - it's quite controlled so you can get the tiniest amount out as possible (and with this, you really only want the tiniest amount, so that's a good thing). It feels sturdy enough, and as e.l.f. tends to do, they've made it quite simple and attractive-looking. To me, e.l.f.'s Studio line has very professional-looking, simple and utilitarian-chic packaging. I've always been a fan.
Overall, this is a great product. There's one shade darker which I will probably skip since it's far too dark for me, but the lighter shades are on my to-get list.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price and pigmentation of these blushes is insane in comparison to every other brand out there. If they added a few more natural shades I think this would be my everyday favorite blush, but since I am pale I have to be extremely careful when I apply these. I love that they can double as a lip stain, if you put a gloss over it they are beautiful and can last at least half a day.

It does take a bit of practice to get used to applying these, and definitely some trial and error as far as what brush to use and how much product to put on. But the few days I went too intense were worth it because once I got the hang of these, they give the most natural blush look I've had in years. I like the pump applicator because it allows you to take out the tiniest dot of product easily. However I think one blush seperated a bit as the inside of the cap and the applicator were very watery/oily when I first opened it. I doubt I will run out of these anytime soon but when I do, I will definitely try other colors. For more pale divas I'd suggest a light hand and plenty of patience when you first apply these!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this blush! with a passion! ITS VERY PIGMENTED! a lot of people say that " its hard to blend " But its only hard to blend IF you use a lot or use a brush that isnt dense like a stippling brush..
I recommend using a Thick compact Blush brush to blend this blush in or a flat top brush .
i really hate when people say its not natural looking cause when i use this blush NOBODY can tell im wearing blush it gives me a nice rosy natural look , because i apply it properly and i don't use a lot .
I OWN ALL 5 SHADES .

"HeartBreaker " which is a Nice light pink blush colour ,

"SuperStar " which is MY FAVORITE , superstar is a Coral Pinkish orangish colour alittle more to the pink side PERFECT blush for the summer time .

" Diva " Which is your basic barbie pink blush ( My least favorite ) its not light pink and its not dark pink its just a normal blush barbie pink .

"Encore" i thought encore would've been a little deeper/darker when i got it but it wasn't , i still love it , its like a Pinkish purpleish blush its really pretty .

" Showstopper " The name was perfect for this blush its a Deep coloured PURPLE based blush it does have some pink in it as well but its a deep pink . beautiful blush , PERFECT FOR FALL MAKEUP . Many people say they would recommend this to deeper/darker skinned women but i think any female can pull this colour off because i seen this blush on light skin tones and dark skin tones . it looks good on both , but try not to be too heavy handed with this blush lol . ( My second favorite blush )

THE PROS about this Blush is , It can be used naturally or Boldly , its very pigmented , one of these blushes will last you a year or more lol , YOU DEFINITELY Get your moneys worth and MORE , A little goes along way , and since it is cream based blush it automatically looks like your skin if put on properly .

THE CONS about this product is i wouldn't recommend this product to Beginners who are just learning about makeup , You need a compact good quality blush brush to blend it out properly , and a lot of people said they had a problem with the pump .. I did as well one of my pumps doesn't work BUT the beautiful thing is you can screw off the pump to get the product and put the pump back on ( i actually prefer doing this because i can control how much comes out of the container ) , and it is very easy to be heavy handed with this product since it is very pigmented .

here is a picture of me wearing the blush in a natural kind of look.
( i am wearing heartbreaker )

And one more thing another easy way to use this blush without getting your hands dirty ( its a long lasting blush stains a little ) is to get a flat pallet where you can pump a little bit of it on to and mix/warm the product up abit

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No