E.L.F. Studio HD Blush (all)

Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Barium Sulfate, Mica, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

I love these blushes! They last all day on me and they aren't tacky feeling although I do always set them with a powder blush. I wish there were a few more colors. I also kind of wish the packaging was different. Although you can get a small amount out if you do it right I wish it was a bit more precise. It is really cheap though so product getting wasted isn't really that big of a deal. Would definitely repurchase once I go through a few more cream blushes.

on 11/22/2014 6:58:00 PM

For $3 this is one of the best make-up products I ever purchased, have never been disappointed with an ELF product yet, another great value. I purchased this in Target in the shade Superstar, great color, would pretty well match any skin tone, yellow or blue undertones. The packaging could use a little work, way too much comes out in one squirt, but for $3 you almost don't mind the waste as much.

on 11/9/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

SELECTED SHADES: diva (fuchsia), encore (bright berry), headliner (light pink), superstar (peach)

PROS

- pigmented
- long wearing
- little goes a long way

CONS

- difficult to blend

COMMENTS: These are amazing. They have incredible pigmentation and longevity. I actually like using these more as a lip product than a blush. On the lips, these act as a stain. They're actually a bit hard to remove, but they stay put and dry to a matte finish. As a blush, I recommend mixing these with something more emollient to help it blend better. Do not apply directly to the cheeks. Put just a tiny amount of product onto a clean surface and dip a stippling brush into it and apply from there. Use a damp sponge to help blend and/or lessen the pigmentation if you find you applied too much.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I look forward to using the hd blush, I bought it in the color diva I believe, it looks so bright n pretty

on 10/29/2014 2:46:00 PM

Ok, so I really like this blush. I mean, REALLY like this blush. Until I bought this ( $2.40 at K-Mart) I very rarely wore blush at all. Too much work to apply, annoying color changes throughout the day, too dry or too greasy, no lasting power, usually crazy expensive, etc, etc. This little bottle has changed my mind completely. I bought it in Superstar, which seemed the most natural of the colors I saw - but I do have goldenish, NW 20-25 skin so I thought that would work the best. I had read many of the MUA reviews for the product, and so expected there might be a bit of a learning curve regarding application. I was, however, completely unprepared for the amount of pigment this blush contains. At first, with the teensiest dot on each cheek...EEK!! I looked like the victim of a 70's baby oil-and-tin foil (remember THAT, ladies?!?) all-day-on-the-beach sunburn!! Nope - definitely not the look I was going for. Then I tried it with a brush - same insane pigment, but with streaks, too!! Then I put the tiniest little dot on my finger and added a drop of my sunscreen, and then blended it onto my cheekbones with a gentle tapping motion. Whoop, whoop!! The prettiest, airiest, softest looking flush I could've asked for. Looks moist, not greasy, and real, not phony - AND it lasts all damn day! I decided I liked it so much that I would try it on my lips too, as other reviewers have suggested, even though I never expect much from lip colors and am very seldom wowed by them. Lipstick is the bane of my existence! Am I alone out there? I don't think so. I have literally at least 100 different lip products, between old stash and the 20 or so products that I'm currently rotating through - and I am just never satisfied with one thing or another. So I'm not going to say that this product is perfect on my lips - but it sure comes mighty close, so far. I apply a light layer of carmex or another waxy balm, then dab the blush LIGHTLY all over my lips, smush them together, clean up the edges with a cotton swab (or my finger), and voila! I am floored by the color and finish - soft and pretty, not glittery or frosty at all. Doesn't look like lipstick, but has more substance than a gloss - does that make sense? Wears off evenly over about 5 hours but then leaves a stain that just needs a little balm to stay fresh. I am absolutely impressed with this and plan to pick up a couple more to keep in the fridge, just in case it's discontinued for some reason. I love makeup and love to experiment, but at the prices being charged these days for good quality cosmetics, it's just irritating to buy products that turn out to be crap. I plan to definitely try out other things by elf - this blush is a real find. I can't see running out anytime soon, because you need so very little - but like I said - I'm going to grab a couple of back ups anyway.

on 10/24/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Headliner makes a great temporary hair dye. I found that out when I was doing my cheeks and some of the color ended up in on the sides of my hair. I used makeup wipes, soaked paper towels to try to get it out but I left it in there for the day. It did washed out this morning. It lasted longer than on my cheeks!

on 9/28/2014 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm over 50 and every magazine article of course says to start using cream blush because powder will look aging. I always struggle with blending cream brush to look natural, so when I saw this liquid blush which looked like it might be easier to blend, I figured for $3 why not try it? I have the shade Headliner; it is a nice, light pink with warm tones. I am very pale but have yellowish skin and this looks good on me. You only need a TINY bit to make this work - literally like 1/2 a pump out of the dispenser, or a drop about the size of two heads of a pin, is PLENTY. I ended up buying the $3 ELF stippling blush to apply this, and it works great. I am very impressed with this especially for $3. It also wears all day!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love! I bought headliner, which is perfect for my fair skin. One pump on back of my hand.. I dip my finger in it and dab three dots on my check and rub quickly. Twice ;) I rub the rest on my lips. Very pretty :)

on 8/17/2014 3:33:00 PM

Very highly pigmented, and a little goes a loooong way. However, I found it extremely hard to work with and impossible to blend well. The pump on the bottle dispenses about 10 times too much, so be careful. You might like this blush if you have a lot of practice with liquid blushes. Otherwise, don't bother.

on 8/16/2014 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I just bought this the other day on clearance from Target for 85 (reduced from $3). Great stuff, excellent value! However, I would give one caveat: extremely concentrated pigment!

I regularly use cream & gel bushes for years now, so I'm quite experienced in applying them. This is so pigmented that a dot literally the size of a pin head is too much - seriously, like clown makeup. Not to mention, such a tiny amount is very hard to blend properly. What I find works better is to use a small, clean container (leftover from finished eye cream, for example): squirt a few pumps of standard, daily facial moisturizer in there plus one pump of this blush. Blend it in there with a Q-tip, then use a very small amount of that for cheeks & keep the rest for future use.

A tiny amount (again, pin head size or less) also works well on the lips as a lip stain under gloss or balm.

Such a tiny amount is needed for either use that this should last forever!

I got this in Showstopper, a purple/wine color. This gives a just-in-from-the-cold glow to the face. Definitely a unique shade & so pretty.

Popular Blush Products