E.L.F. Studio HD Blush (all)

Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Barium Sulfate, Mica, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Let me start off by saying, I am not normally a fan of cream products such as cream blush, cream contouring, cream highlighter. Cream does not work with my oily skin. I purchased this because it was on sale, for like $1 in the bargin bin at Target. I didn't have very high expectations, but it was cool to try out, especially for so cheap. This cream blush is the most pigmented, the longest staying blush I have ever found. It has a tiny pump for the product which is really helpful, considering how crazy pigmented it is. I like to pump out a tiny tiny dot and stipple onto the cheeks with the Elf stippling brush. That being said, this is not for everyday use. I would maybe suggest using it if you're going swimming all day, because this stuff does not budge with water! It wouldn't even come off with my Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, or my oil-free eye makeup remover. After vigorously scrubbing my face with several makeup remover wipes, it finally came off, only to find that it stained my cheeks! So as I forementioned, only use this if you'll be swimming all day, (if you like wearing makeup to the pool)

Hope this helped!

on 5/7/2015 1:19:00 PM

I love the durability of this blush, but it is just too pigmented for my light complexion. I have tried thinning it with serum and moisturizer, but I only use it when I really need my blush to last a long time. It is difficult to blend because of the brightness of the colors. I use a stippling brush to avoid making a mess on my hands.

This might work better for someone with medium or deep skin.

on 4/25/2015 9:25:00 PM

I have the shade headliner and it's perfect for my fair nc 15 skin. It's a dusty medium, toned pink, that's not too cool toned. The packaging is great but does feel pretty cheap; it comes in a small 3in., plastic pump. The formula is nicely pigmented but does not blend the easiest, I recommend using about half a pump on the back of your hand, smearing/flattening to widen the surface area/thin out the product, and then picking it up with your brush/sponge and sweeping it on cheeks (as opposed to putting it as "dots" on your cheek and then blending out). It works great in conjunction with elfs temptress blush as a contour.

on 4/24/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am currently obsessed with cream blushes and because of my obsession, I bought this product in all 5 shades. Hell, at $3 a pop, it's cheaper than one high end cream blush.

This stuff is amazing. The pigmentation is off the hook! A little goes a very long way, so you only need about the size of a grain of kosher salt (seriously) to achieve maximum results. The packaging is awesome - a little bottle with a pump that is excellent for traveling. Application is pretty simple - just pump a small amount onto a pallet or the back of your hand, rub it out a bit so that the color isn't so concentrated, then use a small stippling brush to apply - work in layers so that you don't over do it. This stuff LASTS. I got 10 hours of wear from it. I have yet to experience that with a powder blush.

I'm officially hooked. e.l.f has done it again.

on 4/9/2015 11:44:00 PM

This product was weird for me. I was at Target (in Toronto, that's the only place where you can find E.L.F. products) and it caught my eye because of it packaging.

1) Its pigmentation is really good.
2) It won't budge from your cheeks at all
3) Its packaging with a cute black pump is really nice and hygienic to use. I've heard some people say that it looked "cheap" but I honestly don't care about that.
4) The product itself doesn't weigh much and is pretty small; you can definitely carry it around if you want to.

1) it is hard to apply. Once you put it on your cheek, it is very hard to blend it in and it just sticks to your skin.
2) It sticks to the brush a LOT. I used the E.L.F. stippling brush for it and it felt like the product was just stuck to the bristles instead if blending it on my skin.
3) Its texture makes it hard to blend as I mentioned before. A little more liquidy wouldn't hurt imo.

It definitely gets a 5/5 for packaging and price. I got it with $4 something and that is not bad at all but its cons make this product hard to use and brings its overall ratings down. I am not sure if I will repurchase this again tbh.

on 4/3/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so this blush is a little strange. I don't think I've ever called a product "too pigmented" before, but that's what this is. I have the shade Superstar.

So I really like the idea of a pump for a blush, very clean. However my blush comes out as a little pink turd, that I need to first spread all over my hands before I dot it on the cheeks. Maybe it came already a little dry? Not sure. But it makes the application a pain in the ass. While the pump is nice and clean, my hands and fingers will become a pink mess just to blend it slightly before even putting it on the face.

When I finally manage to get a teeny tiny bit on the cheeks, it blends nicely (with the e.l.f. small stipple brush) and stays FOREVER. I have never used a blush that stayed on this long, seriously.

+ extremely pigmented
+ nice pump

- actually too pigmented, even if you pump out just a little, you'll end up wiping it all over your hands
- comes out of the pump in slightly dry turd form

on 3/27/2015 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Holy pigmentation. I can't seem to use too little. I ended up binning because it's way too strongof a color for me. I prefer a bit more subtlety.

on 3/18/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love these but you have use a teeny tiny amount which can be hard to squirt from the pump. I put it on the back of my hand spread it slightly and blot with my beauty blender and the blend like a demon. I am very pale

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in the lightest shade thinking it would be a good replacement for my boujois cream blush in 01. I loved the way it was packed in pump dispenser and also that there is so much product in there, but it failed.

This is sooooo intensely pigmented that even when you put a tiny amount on your hand/palette and thin it out, then apply with dabbing motions, it still gives you piggy face. So I don't think it is suitable for lighter skinned people at all, maybe if you had really dark chocolate skin this would be a good choice, anyone lighter than nc/nw50 is too pale for these blushes.

on 3/7/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my first cream blush and I love it a little goes a long way I got it on clearance at target I'm obssesd the color I have is headliner such a pretty pink and I was pretty amazed it lasted a long time I defintley recommend this product