October 24, 2014 | 1742 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio HD Blush (all)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this color in superstar. It goes on smooth, is extremely pigmented and feels very nice on my cheeks. The color goes on very bright. You have to work it in or you'll look like a clown. I prefer my powder blush over a cream blush but this was nice. I doubt I will buy again as I think I will stick with my MAC dolly mix

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I've never used creme blush but decided to give this a try as I was tired of how much powder I was applying to my face. I am so glad I did! I got "Headliner" as I am fair skinned and a newbie to the whole thing. It's lighter so I don't have to worry as much about blending. I really want to try Showstopper (I think that's the one with the coral undertones) since I've gotten the hang of the application.
How I apply: I squirt a tiny amount (not a full pump!!! You only need a tiny drop) onto the back of my hand. I then spread it with my finger to about the size of a quarter. Next, I use a stippling brush and swirl it in the blush and apply to face. Then I use a face brush (Denser bristles) to blend. Ta Da!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought Superstar (subtle coral), Encore (fuscia) and Showstopper (deep wine). Very, VERY pigmented, very comfortable to wear and if you know what you're doing, easy to apply. Encore and Showstopper in particular are best for darker tones ( or VERY daring fair skinned ladies) but Superstar is more universal IMO. Now some people are saying that if you don't have experience with liquid blush you should pass on these but I totally disagree. I mean at $3 what have you got to lose? The best way to apply these guys is to mix with your favorite moisturizer. This dilutes the color and makes it easier to blend. You could use your fingers but I find that the ELF flat powder blush works better. Try them experiment and have fun!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First ELF product and I'm really impressed. I got Superstar...a medium pink with a lot of orange, making it the perfect coral on my medium skin. As others have said its super pigmented and a pin dot is plenty for cheeks and lips. Its more of a stain than a cream blush so it lasts without fading until you take it off. The longest I've worn it is 14 hours and it looked even better at the end of the day. It comes out looking very creamy, but dries quickly so blending can be a bit tricky for me. I put a dot on my hand, swirl it around with ring finger, dot on cheeks, then use BB's mini blender brush to buff it in. Finish is matte without looking dry, and looks very natural. Super impressed with this $3 blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kspaffy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Superstar once and thought it sucked. No staying power. Then yesterday I purchased in the hot pink color and it's awesome. I use it for a lip-stain and it lasts all day, even through repeated applications of ChapStick and lip gloss, sips of Starbucks iced-coffee, making out with my husband, screaming at my kids, swimming at the beach...my lips have been lusciously tinted through it all. And for 3 bucks. Holla!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bebe3003

I bought this at my local corner store and I was super excited, but I didn't do my research I squirted a large amount (Oops) and holy HD it was intense and all over my hand! I quickly washed it off and went to look up on the net to see if that's how it was suppose to be. It was very intense (ahhh) you need a very small amount and I mean a pin head amount. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this or if it's even worth trying to get it right.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
You get a lot for what you pay for
price ($3)
packaging with a pump, looks nice overall
great pigmentation

Cons:
it kind of separates from the liquid so you have to shake it before you apply

I love this blush. I made the mistake of squirting out half a pump the first time and it was way too much. A small, minute amount is perfect, like the amount of a really really small pimple lol. The color is great and I don't think I'll ever run out of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked up the color Diva at Target for around $3 and was apprehensive about the formulation because I had never really used a cream blush, and I tend to get oily fairly quickly so I was unsure about staying power. For the price I was willing to experiment.

The pigment and consistency was a surprise… SUPER pigmented and a little thicker than what I expected. After playing with it I realized I really only needed about half a pea-sized amount. Seriously. Like grain of rice sized amount for application. A little goes a LONG way.

The first way I decided to wear it is the way I have worn it ever since:

After moisturizing ONLY, I squirted said amount on the back of my hand and blended the product to (lightly) load up a kabuki brush (very pigmented so the product is there). Applied to apples of cheeks/blended upward/wherever.

Looking pretty clowny at this point. I set the blush with UD All Nighter (which I usually put on before foundation), then applied mineral foundation as usual (the loreal one) and the rest of my makeup.

My foundation diffused the color and what I got was a ~glow from within~ that absolutely does not fade over the course of a 12 hour day. In fact, the get this stuff off the back of my hand after application I have to SCRUB with soap.

I love the look and the staying power and will definitely purchase again.

I took off 1 lippie because the consistency turned watery a few days ago and I'm not sure why. I bought the product about 3 months ago but the consistency had totally changed. I did leave it in luggage in a hot car a few weeks ago which made have had something to do with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have e.l.f. Studio HD Blush in Showstopper. I paid $3 for it at Kmart. Other shades include: Headliner, Superstar, Diva, & Encore. I'll start by being straightforward so no one wastes their time: if you don't know how to apply creams to your face or blend well, don't get these. I've worked as a hairstylist & a makeup artist & I'm not ashamed to say I had a hard time working with it the first two times I wore it. I got so frustrated I almost pitched it in the trash! I finally found out what the issue was: easy over-application. This blush is lightweight, but it is so highly pigmented & a little goes go a long way. I need a VERY SMALL amount to achieve the look I want. I'm not kidding, I hardly press the pump & even the small amount that comes out on to my finger is still probably too much. I apply this blush with my fingertips & simply blend upwards & out. It takes a bit of time & patience, but it can look nice. This is a good product, but after I finish this bottle, that's it. I won't go out of my way to buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These blushes are really wonderful, you just need to master the application process to make them work! I have it in "superstar" which is very flattering and natural coral on my NC05 skin. I simply put a tiny dot on my blush brush, blend it out a bit to avoid patchy application, and voila! Can't beat the price.