November 26, 2014 | 1734 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio HD Blush (all)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I will say this that the blushes are very pigmented, whivh is why you only realky need the size of a small pea for both sides of your cheeks. If you put on too much it will look clownish looking. I was super excited when these HD blushes came out and had a chance to try them, but no i honestly hardly ever use them. I don't find them to be anything overly special. Which is why, I honestly find myself grabbing for my powder blushes the most instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Since I have been contouring and highlighting (C & H) lately, I decided to try creme blush to see how it differs for regular powder blush. I love E.L.F. products. While all their products are not the greatest (which is typical of just about any makeup brand) nonetheless many of them are and the best part is that they are affordable. However in order to buy E.L.F. in Canada you need to find a physical store or an online one that actually sells it. While E.L.F. does ship to Canada for a flat rate of almost $16.00 US dollar, it can seem a bit high. But if you factor in just how inexpensive their products are, their shipping charge seems marginal. So I decided to go for it and ordered a haul of stuff. I will probably do a blog on that soon.

Part of my haul were these E.L.F. Studio HD Blushes. Since I had never tried creme blush before I only ordered one and at 3 bucks a pop, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I mean water at the movie theater cost more and that is only good for one go. So I place my order online from their E.L.F. website and the package arrived to my house in a little under two weeks. I was so excited to try their creme blush that I was looking for an excuse to use it. When I couldn't find one, I decided to go for the 'make myself up' look for lounging around the house. I bought this in the color 'Headliner'. Its a pretty pink color with a slightly (very slightly) darkish tint to it. However once you apply it, it looks like a natural pink. Comparable to natural rosey cheeks!

I noticed a few things about this blush that I really liked right away. First, it is very creamy. It comes out smooth and glides across your face with easy. I would first apply my Lorac bronzer to the hallows of my cheeks and then this creme blush to my cheek bone for my C & H, and then blend it in with my E.L.F. stippled brush. I applied this creme blush across my cheek bone, downwards, in a patting motion with my finger. It didn't look streaky, cakey or like a stain. It was easy to clean off your face in case you applied to much. It looked natural and pretty. Another thing I noticed about this blush is that it is true to color. What you see in the bottle is what comes out of the bottle.

You can apply it with your fingers or a makeup brush and it cleans off easily from both (fingers and brush). Nonetheless if you decide to apply it with a makeup brush, you need one that is able to work with creme products to blend it in your face. You can always try to blend it in with your fingers, however that really doesn't give you a natural look and makes the process much harder.

Though this product was really nice, there were a few things about this creme blush I didn't like. First, it comes in a tiny bottle. I expected the bottle to be much bigger, however it was not. While I know it is only 3 dollars, but still if you use this every day, it might last you a month maybe two because of the small portion and excessive amount that comes out which brings me to my next point. If you fully push this pump down, so much comes out that if you were to apply it all, you would probably end up looking like a clown. On my first go, so much came out that more then half was cleaned up with a baby wipe off my fingers. When I went to apply it again for the second time on a totally different day, I realized that I could pump it half way or a quarter of the way. So I did just that and the right amount of product came out on my finger tips. However if you are heavy hand, then this product might not be right for you.

I would recommend this creme blush for anyone starting out or for those who like creme blush in general. However be warned, it is a very small bottle and if you don't control the pumping aspect, you will end up with more blush on your finger tips and face that you might just give Krusty the Clown a run for his money. But if you are good at controlling your pumping action, then this product might just be right for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by veectoria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Headliner and I really really like this product. The color I have is much more subdued compared to some of the other colors in this line and I'm really glad I started off with this since I don't usually wear blush.

I use the E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple brush with this. I pump out the tiniest dot onto a piece of plastic and then just swirl this around to pick up the pigment and gently buff this onto my cheeks. It stays for forever! My face is naturally oily but my cheeks are a little bit drier than my T-zone. I wore this for a summer Texas wedding in July (so you can imagine the heat and humidity) and it lasted from 9AM until 11PM. I kid you not, this stuff is awesome. I didn't apply primer underneath it but I had used some tinted moisturizer.

Warning: It's very easy to over apply as many reviewers have said that the product is just so incredibly pigmented but with a light hand, there shouldn't be too much problem.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Tokamohamed

I would buy it again cause i've found a way not to waste the product as a little goes a very long way so the amount you get out of this pump u probably dnt use most of it so u waste alot My tip that i put a whole pump in a very small jar and add a same amount of PRIMER on it ,, its SOOOO MUCH EASIER to blend "u may even use ur fingers" ,, and then close the jar and use it again next time ,, that way i dnt waste any product :) :D

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this color in superstar. It goes on smooth, is extremely pigmented and feels very nice on my cheeks. The color goes on very bright. You have to work it in or you'll look like a clown. I prefer my powder blush over a cream blush but this was nice. I doubt I will buy again as I think I will stick with my MAC dolly mix

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I've never used creme blush but decided to give this a try as I was tired of how much powder I was applying to my face. I am so glad I did! I got "Headliner" as I am fair skinned and a newbie to the whole thing. It's lighter so I don't have to worry as much about blending. I really want to try Showstopper (I think that's the one with the coral undertones) since I've gotten the hang of the application.
How I apply: I squirt a tiny amount (not a full pump!!! You only need a tiny drop) onto the back of my hand. I then spread it with my finger to about the size of a quarter. Next, I use a stippling brush and swirl it in the blush and apply to face. Then I use a face brush (Denser bristles) to blend. Ta Da!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought Superstar (subtle coral), Encore (fuscia) and Showstopper (deep wine). Very, VERY pigmented, very comfortable to wear and if you know what you're doing, easy to apply. Encore and Showstopper in particular are best for darker tones ( or VERY daring fair skinned ladies) but Superstar is more universal IMO. Now some people are saying that if you don't have experience with liquid blush you should pass on these but I totally disagree. I mean at $3 what have you got to lose? The best way to apply these guys is to mix with your favorite moisturizer. This dilutes the color and makes it easier to blend. You could use your fingers but I find that the ELF flat powder blush works better. Try them experiment and have fun!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First ELF product and I'm really impressed. I got Superstar...a medium pink with a lot of orange, making it the perfect coral on my medium skin. As others have said its super pigmented and a pin dot is plenty for cheeks and lips. Its more of a stain than a cream blush so it lasts without fading until you take it off. The longest I've worn it is 14 hours and it looked even better at the end of the day. It comes out looking very creamy, but dries quickly so blending can be a bit tricky for me. I put a dot on my hand, swirl it around with ring finger, dot on cheeks, then use BB's mini blender brush to buff it in. Finish is matte without looking dry, and looks very natural. Super impressed with this $3 blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kspaffy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Superstar once and thought it sucked. No staying power. Then yesterday I purchased in the hot pink color and it's awesome. I use it for a lip-stain and it lasts all day, even through repeated applications of ChapStick and lip gloss, sips of Starbucks iced-coffee, making out with my husband, screaming at my kids, swimming at the beach...my lips have been lusciously tinted through it all. And for 3 bucks. Holla!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by bebe3003

I bought this at my local corner store and I was super excited, but I didn't do my research I squirted a large amount (Oops) and holy HD it was intense and all over my hand! I quickly washed it off and went to look up on the net to see if that's how it was suppose to be. It was very intense (ahhh) you need a very small amount and I mean a pin head amount. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this or if it's even worth trying to get it right.