April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am still on the fence with this. I don't know if it is the MAC Cherry lip liner that is making it look like just too much on me, or if it is the lipstick itself-which I love~! I just do not know if I like it on me! Will update. I think I may return the lip liner & use a different one, with this-maybe the Maybeline red which I was going to return. I love MAC lip liners & they are probably the best out there-but I think the Cherry with this, on me is too much!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by lucyrobertson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited about getting my first MAC lipstick and decided to go for 'MAC red'. I have to say, it is lovely! Compliments my lips and has the right consistency and texture. I would even wear this during the day! The only thing that has made me give it a rating 4 'lipsticks' instead of 5 is because I find it comes out a tad pink instead of striking red so I would like to try the shade 'ruby woo woo' because I think I would prefer the shade of red. However I do love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Labellareina

Omg! I love this red lipstick...it gives me a very sexy pout and its so comfortable to wear its not overly drying like ruby woo. I pair it with cherry lip pencil and I am on my way!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by liquidxtopaz

Absolutely love it. I fell in love with it the moment I tried it on. And I was pleasantly surprised when it lasted after I went out to dinner with friends. Of course it didn't look recently put on, but it was still there, and not in a messy way. I have warm undertones by the way, but it does go with my skin beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous, classic color that can look good on ANYONE. People say it's very cool or "bluish", but on my skin it brings out all the golden undertones in my complexion! It's creamy, long wearing, and just beautiful, so it's a win-win all around!
It's also probably the brightest true red MAC has to offer.
And it can sometimes look glossy.
And it's hydrating.
And I love it.
The End.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SaraMaquillaje

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shade
Amazing bluish red, vibrant, makes my NC15 skin glow
However, the staying power is not fantastic (although it can resist drinking). The big flaw is that for me it is very drying. I cannot use it two days in a row I get terribly parched lips.
However, it is fantastic to use it sparingly. If you have fair skin with cool undertones you should get this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

This is a FANTASTIC shade of red. I went to MAC looking for a red lipstick to go with my Halloween costume, and this is a red that I would use for everyday wear. I didn't want a red with any orange in it, and this is perfect. Plus, it's great that you can get lipstick for free with the Back 2 MAC program. I have light skin and blonde hair and LOVE this color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually work for MAC, and up until recently I've owned every red lipstick from MAC and NARS with the exception of NARS Fire Down Below, MAC's Diva and MAC Red....well, I decided I wanted MAC Red too after putting it on a customer with Kiss Me Quick prolongwear lipliner. I loved the way it looked and decided....hey, whats ONE more red lipstick!?!? Usually My "go to" reds are NARS Dragon Girl (LOVE) and MAC Viva Glam I. Those are my two top reds. Well, MAC Red is kind of a game changer for me because now THIS may be my top red. It's a true blue based red that is viberant and makes you stand out from the crowd. Whitens teeth and it's a color you can throw on and you just look done. You don't even need any other makeup. I've put this on everyone from the lightest NC15 customer all the way up to NW55 and it honestly looks good on almost everyone, unless you carry a TON of pink if your skin...then it can clash a lil. It really is a BOLD red though, I wouldn't consider this a starter red for most people. If you like the tone but what something not so "in your face" MAC Ladybug would be a better choice due to a more sheer finish. I have to tell you, if you do choose MAC Red prepare to be noticed! I had, Im not kidding, every single person I cross, tell me that MAC Red looks great on me, and its "my" red, or how great I look when I where it. I never had any makeup product get so much attention before I was truely shocked! (In a good way, of course!) So, if you're looking for a bold, traffic stopping red....this is def worth giving a try! I hope it makes other people feel as glam as it does me when I wear it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Iíve always been a die-hard fan of red lipstick; at the same time, I get why so many other women have such a love-hate relationship with it. Done wrong, it's cheap and clownish; done right, itís like adding a perfect little exclamation point to your face. You have to put your guts into it, that goes without saying, but itís just as important to know your textures and undertones so the face on the front of your head matches the one inside it. Although Russian Red and Ruby Woo are the cultiest reds in this cult brand, its namesake red wins my heart for textural reasons. Itís creamier than the other two, sort of a demi-matte, which is a sight more comfortable than those stark matte formulas...without losing any of the pigment payoff. Do check it out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this colour. It looks crazy bright in the tube but goes on nicely. Definitely very blue toned and I think it has a slight pinky tinge in the right lighting. I also own Russian Red which I love but this one slightly pips it to the post in terms of colour tone for my skin. It goes on smoothly without any bleeding, even when I'm in too much of a hurry to put on liner. Doesn't last as well as the matte Russian red being a satin finish, but it feels much nicer on and feels more comfortable to wear throughout the day. It is still one of the brighter reds and definitely not what I would call subtle, but it definitely doesn't look clownish. I compared this to Ruby Woo at the Mac counter and except the finish there were almost identical in colour, so I would pick this if you're prone to slightly drier lips!