MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

on 12/2/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is my favourite red lipstick. It's not totally matte, but it's not shimmery. It has a nice slightly glossy finish. It's smooth and opaque. The colour is a very true, bright red.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my holy grail red lipstick. It goes with everything; it flatters my skintone (which is quite reddish); the finish is incredible, lustrous and dewy, the perfect balance between glossy and matte. Even on dry lips, it looks good. I pair it with lip primer and it lasts for hours and hours - no need for liner, although it's an option for those who do not want to reapply.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I happen to come across this in my stash having never used it.....along with a few other items. It was love at first sight as soon as I saw it on my lips. Love,love,love!! Since its a satin its not drying on the lips like the matte formula but it isnt super shiny like the creamsheen. I love red lippies against my NC45 skintone so I'm absolutely comfortable wearing this during the day even though its not like my more subtle subdued reds (NARS Cruella for example). I see this shade taking me into fall/winter.

on 5/27/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I am still on the fence with this. I don't know if it is the MAC Cherry lip liner that is making it look like just too much on me, or if it is the lipstick itself-which I love~! I just do not know if I like it on me! Will update. I think I may return the lip liner & use a different one, with this-maybe the Maybeline red which I was going to return. I love MAC lip liners & they are probably the best out there-but I think the Cherry with this, on me is too much!

I was so excited about getting my first MAC lipstick and decided to go for 'MAC red'. I have to say, it is lovely! Compliments my lips and has the right consistency and texture. I would even wear this during the day! The only thing that has made me give it a rating 4 'lipsticks' instead of 5 is because I find it comes out a tad pink instead of striking red so I would like to try the shade 'ruby woo woo' because I think I would prefer the shade of red. However I do love it!

on 3/28/2013 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Omg! I love this red lipstick...it gives me a very sexy pout and its so comfortable to wear its not overly drying like ruby woo. I pair it with cherry lip pencil and I am on my way!!!!

on 3/13/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love it. I fell in love with it the moment I tried it on. And I was pleasantly surprised when it lasted after I went out to dinner with friends. Of course it didn't look recently put on, but it was still there, and not in a messy way. I have warm undertones by the way, but it does go with my skin beautifully.

on 1/14/2013 1:00:00 AM

This is a gorgeous, classic color that can look good on ANYONE. People say it's very cool or "bluish", but on my skin it brings out all the golden undertones in my complexion! It's creamy, long wearing, and just beautiful, so it's a win-win all around!
It's also probably the brightest true red MAC has to offer.
And it can sometimes look glossy.
And it's hydrating.
And I love it.
The End.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shade
Amazing bluish red, vibrant, makes my NC15 skin glow
However, the staying power is not fantastic (although it can resist drinking). The big flaw is that for me it is very drying. I cannot use it two days in a row I get terribly parched lips.
However, it is fantastic to use it sparingly. If you have fair skin with cool undertones you should get this one!

on 11/16/2012 8:14:00 PM

This is a FANTASTIC shade of red. I went to MAC looking for a red lipstick to go with my Halloween costume, and this is a red that I would use for everyday wear. I didn't want a red with any orange in it, and this is perfect. Plus, it's great that you can get lipstick for free with the Back 2 MAC program. I have light skin and blonde hair and LOVE this color!

Popular Lipsticks