October 21, 2014 | 1923 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with foundation, tinted moisturizer and foundation sticks. I have good skin with no real imperfections except for the occasional pimple every month or so. I have used LM Tinted Moistruizer in Sand for years with no real udnerstanding as to why I was using it b/c it did not really do anything, Chanel Vitalumiere, Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation and Tom Ford Foundation Stick. BB was too heavy for me and Chanel was nice and I would probably rebuy, Tom Ford Foundation Stick I use for special evenings (black tie and etc) for the perfect, polished, finished face and I use it for concealor. Okay so Dior Skin Nude...I was matched at Sephora and I really like how nice it feels on my skin and it just evened me out and looked finished. This will be great for my every day work environment (I wear suits everyday). It is $49 but that is about typical for high end foundation and I am comfortable paying this price for a product that works well and delivers the expected results

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

One of my favorite foundations. SUPER expensive, but you probably already knew that. Mine is in the shade 031(Sand) and it took me about three tries to get the shade right. I am NC25/30 and this works really well for me. It's so difficult for me to find a hydrating, but not greasy foundation at the drugstore. I alternate this with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Chanel Vitalumiere, YSL Touche Eclat, Smashbox Liquid Halo, Lancome Teint Miracle, Guerlain Parure De Lumière, and NARS Sheer Glow. Yes, they are all high end and they are all comparable in what I want in a foundation; luminous (but not greasy), hydrating, and lightweight. The only drugstore foundation that comes close is the L'Oreal True Match Lumi. The packaging is absolutely beautiful too. UPDATE: Recently found out this has a lot of alcohol and my skin is dry AND dehydrated. Right now I can't use it because of that, and I doubt I ever really will.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: End of day 4 ... whiteheads.
------------
It's almost great for me. The color match (Sephora's new machine thingey) looked too light ... but after wearing for a bit (1/2 hour) it was a pretty good match.

Have used the generous sample for 3 days now ... by now I'd have broken out if that was going to happen with this foundation. My skin is acne prone and sensitive. No breakouts.

The finish is light and buildable. I use a makeup brush and apply lightly which looks better on my more mature skin. It doesn't cover major redness, scars, etc. ... with heavier application, well, it looks like I've tried to cover something - draws attention to those areas.

Here's why I probably won't buy it. The finish is dull and quite 'flat'. Not that I want too much glow ... but it's definitely more matte than dewy. To me, it makes any flakiness or larger pores stand out. Also, at my age ... I need help with 'natural glow' ;-)

That said, it's the best I've tried so far (done all the DS brands) and some others.

So I'm still looking for something to replace Smashbox's Tinted Moisturizer (discont.) ... loved the glow that gave me. Not heavy coverage, but just enough to make my skin look better than bare.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

shade 031 - linen

I have yellow undertoned combo skin ie shiny easily, dry areas, mild acne.

Coverage is good, it evens my complexion but does not mask redness/scarring as much as a heavier foundation would. If you are looking for very full coverage this may not be enough for you. I have a lot of darkness under my eyes and one thing I found is that it made my undereyes look very dry. Other than that it feels light on and the finish is very dewy (which I know contradicts the dry eyes thing but who knows?!). One warning is if you have very oily skin you may find this too dewy! I get shiny easily but this product was still ok for me, nothing that I couldn't fix with a good setting powder or mid-day blot.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been using this foundation for a few months now. I loved the old formula so I was so afraid that Dior had ruined a great foundation. The main difference between the two formula is the new formula isn't as good on drier skin. Make sure you prep the skin with a good moisturiser before applying. Girls with very dry skin should look elsewhere. I have tested it in winter and summer. I am impressed with its lasting power (entire work day) after setting with powder, even though it's not marketed as a long lasting foundation like Diorskin Forever. It's not transfer resistant or water resistant. I find that it does have some oil control ability but it can still slide a little on a very hot day. It's very blendable using fingers or brush. Compared to the cheaper Revlon Nearly Naked dupe, the Dior seems to diffuse my blemishes way better to give me MSBB look. This remains my HG for cooler months and also shade 021 is my perfect match..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by kirbear

This foundation is definitely for night time/going out only. It stays on for 6-8 hours and doesn't rub off. Satin finish is beautiful. Really gives a done-up look to the face but i find it makes me look older and feels heavy on the skin.

Overall i think its a nice foundation for oilier/normal skin types and anyone dry should stay away. Looks amazing initially but after 30+minutes it settled into lines i didnt even know i had. Wish it would have worked out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have had this on for the first time today for about 5 hours so far. I bought Light Beige 020. I would say this is a satin matte finish. It also has a dry but silky texture. I'm oily with some fine lines and wrinkles and a somewhat uneven complexion that still breaks out occasionally. This has superior coverage, goes on very smoothly but has a very makeup'y look. I mean it looks like your wearing foundation. It surprised me because I thought it would be a sheerer moist foundation, I mean c'mon Nude Glow. Even with my oily skin I don't get the glow part. I would compare it to some of Lancome's foundations like the reformulated Tient Idole. In fact when I got it home I did a side by side comparison of this and Lancomes Renergie Lift. The Renergie had more of a glow, still more satiny despite it having a drier texture like Nude Skin. The color 020 has a slight pink edge but it is neutral enough that I could pull it off. The other match (Linen) was too yellow even with my yellow undertone.
Also as a side note I just read that this foundation contains alcohol. I remember using the Tient Idole when the new one came out and had redness and irritation all the time from the alcohol in it. I will continue to use it and see how it goes but will probably stick with Renergie.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Mikkoava

This is really thick and cakey. It dries my skin out and does not claim to have that "Dewy glow". Its also expensive and not worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by coconuty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

nice variety of shades but this dried my skin so much. too much alcohol in it. plus it has a matt finish to it that looks really "flat".

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Meeshwhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

What made me love this foundation is the fact that I found a shade that I love! 011 is the shade I use. It gives a decent amount of coverage, it doesn't smooth out my skin as much as I would like and it does make my skin look dry. It does get very cakey and streaks easily. I have repurchased this in the past because I love the shade but I won't be when I finish up the rest of the product. I need something with more coverage.