perfect fall shade, lovelovelove<3
Compared to the $16 Clinique version at Sephora, 1o bucks isn't too bad and I actually like that menthol mint smell. The balm does stain lips for a while and it won't fade quickly at all. Also, it seems like there is a lot of product for what you are paying for.
Definitely would recommend it!
- I love the minty taste and feel - so refreshing!
- Although the color isn't as red as promised (see below), what you *do* get is decent for everyday wear, if slightly dressed-up-looking. Luckily, this looks okay on me, but it may not work for everyone.
- The shimmer isn't nearly as alarming as it looks in the tube, so don't let that scare you off!
- The packaging is good. It's a nice, easy-to-grasp chubby pencil, and I've never had any problems with the cap falling off or nicking the bullet with the cap.
- Wear time is respectable. As long as you give it time to set, it'll last all day, even through meals, although it does tend to settle into the creases of my lips, especially towards the end of the day.
- What you see isn't necessarily what you get. The tube promises a true, slightly deepish red, and the product itself looks like a shimmery brick-red, but once it's on your lips, it settles fairly quickly into a sort of shiny, dark pinkish-red. Again, it looks okay on me, but if you're looking for something to match the tube or product, look elsewhere.
- The "Balm" part of "Balm Stain" could be better. While it's not as harsh on one's lips as a regular lipgloss or lipstick, I've definitely used much gentler and more revitalizing tinted balms/balm stains/etc.
While I'm not outraged or anything, I am a little disappointed in this product, especially given all the praise it's been getting. It's not particularly balmy OR staining, the color isn't true to either the tube or the bullet (and while what I *did* get worked for me, that's definitely more a piece of luck than anything else), and while I keep it around because I already bought it, so why not, I wouldn't be heartbroken if I lost it or had to get rid of it to free up space in my makeup bag.
I own this product in Crush and Adore - I really love the Adore color the best. It's surprisingly flattering on me. Love it.
I bought it after buying Crush, so I knew to look for the darker colors (it didn't seem to me that I'd get much bang for the buck out of Revlon's lighter colored Balm Stains). I picked up Adore, on the way out to a dinner, thinking that I could carry off a brighter red since I'd be out at night.
It applies easily and is buildable. The minty scent is nice, but fleeting. I was really surprised that, for a red, it's not very in-your-face. It's subtle. It also faded really nicely - I checked my makeup after dinner and although the shine was gone, the color was still mostly present.
Revlon has really been hitting it out of the park lately, but $9 for this product is expensive in my book. Still, between coupons and sales and CVS extra bucks, you shouldn't have to pay full price for this little gem.
I bought these in various shades, but this shade waits for fall. Im not sure I like the minty taste, and they are also no so smooth to apply. Comparing to clinique chubby stick they are much more pigmented and stay longer, but they dont moisture your lips and if you have dry lips you must apply a lip balm before. Great price though!
I love this particular shade. It's a little bit darker than the Romantic shade. It's more like the dark red that was very popular in the fall and winter months. On me, it doesn't look too dark and gothic but I like the way the color looks against my skin. Because of that, I would wear it during the cold months. Unless I might step out and wear it now during the summer.
This is amazing! The chunky pencil can be used to line the lips and then simply shade in the colour. It's twist up too so no messing on with a pencil sharpener. The colour is a beautiful red with a bluish tint meaning my smile looks whiter and brighter, it also lasts aaaaages on the lips.
This is my new favorite lippie. After years of searching for a wearable red with even application and no bleeding, I finally found it in Adore. I have a few of the other colors in this line (Honey, Cherish, Darling), but Adore is the one I reach for again and again. I have tricky coloring (slightly warm neutral with some rosacea), and this is by far the most flattering red I've ever used. I have had no problems with color bleeding/feathering (I use w/o liner) and the pigment wears off more evenly than anything I've worn to date. These do dry out your lips somewhat after the balm wears off, but nothing I can't deal with using my trusty tube of Lansinoh lanolin. It's a small price to pay for such a beautiful and convenient (no mirror required!) lip product. For me at least, this is backup worthy.
This grew on me! It's a true stain, so apply carefully. Looks great with my complexion. I really like the minty scent, too.
I'm someone who loves the idea of wearing red but never have the guts to actually do it. Therefore I wanted to try something that was a bit more forgiving such as a balm stain and having recently purchased the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Rendezvous" which i ABSOLUTELY FELL IN LOVE WITH, i decided to try it in the color Adore, and i am SO THRILLED with it. This red is gorgeous and stays on forever. It makes your teeth look pearly white too! I can't see this color not working for anyone. I suggest wearing a red liner underneath it so the lip stain doesn't bleed outside of the lines of your lips. An affordable lip liner option would be the Revlon ColorStay lipliner in the color "red". It is a perfect compliment to the balm stain.
I'm a huge fan of the golden brown-ish color, so I love this one. Applies like a balm and doesn't require a very precise hand (which I consider a plus) Moisturizes lips quite well. Doesn't stain as much as an actual lip stain would, though (that can be good, though, if you don't like the dramatic look)
The smell is minty, which I like, and the tip of the balm is wide which allows for easy and consistent application. Overall, I thoroughly enjoy this product :)