July 30, 2014 | 1801 users online

Mascara - Givenchy - Noir Couture 4-in-1 Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by katielester

Received a sample size of this product from sephora and absolutely loved it! The packaging was sleek and very attractive. It's a non clumping formula and the unique brush design was very effective. Positively love this product!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I received a sample/mini size of this from Sephora. Possibly one of the point perks... don't remember.

Anyways I was disappointed with this mascara. I felt it was too wet, the brush was awkward to use and mascara left my lashes clumpy. I would not buy this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Sephora sample left my lashes super long and clump free. Fantastic! This mascara is definitely not cheap, but I figured the amazing lashes I had from sample was worth the (swallow) high price and so I ordered a tube right away from Sephora and and found the full-size version great ... at first. Unfortunately it didn't take long for the clumping to start and while it still gives me super-long lashes, I need to use a lash brush to remove the clumps of mascara and separate the clumps of lashes. Would I repurchase? Considering the high price ... nope.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by symphorosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best Mascara ever! Separates, curls, doesn't smudge, no clumps, unusual but very effective brush- i love this mascara and would buy again even though it is so very expensive. Only 4 stars because Givenchy still test on animals.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by staceypriceless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got the sample size of this mascara from my very generous sister. After applying it, the end result reminded me of Dior's Maxim Eyes except to a lesser extent. This mascara isn't as pigmented as the Dior. I like the way it fanned my lashes out and volumized them. It started flaking about an hour after the application and the pigment doesn't pack enough punch for me. I will continue to use the sample but I won't purchase it. If I want an expensive mascara, I will probably buy Lancome Hypnose.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by nnabeela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Was very excited to try this mascara. I usually don't use high-end mascaras but the reviews on this were promising. Overall I think this is a good mascara. Is it worth 32 dollars? NO. For 32 dollars it better be damn near perfect, and it is not. This is very good at lengthening but it can get clumpy very fast. I almost ALWAYS had to use a lash comb to make it look like I had more than 4 long lashes lol. It does tend to get dry quickly also. I think this is my 4th or 5th week with it and it is substantially drier.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Alasse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this mascara ro replace my usual clinique one, this was suggested by the sales rep. I asked for a gentle mascara that would add volume to my already very long lashes. I was really pleased with the result and thought it looked loads better than my clinique one. However... At the evenings I noticed that the mascara had clustered into my very fine lines beneath the eyes. Firstly, a mascara shouldn't do that. Secondly, it depresses me even more since I didn't even realize that I had fine lines before. So overall, while I loved what it did for my lashes, I'll be ditching this mascara because of its overall panda effect. A shame, certainly for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Hottie560

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous mascara! Effective brush, gives your lashes ca. 40% more length. I have quite short lashes and never used mascaras but this one really works and widens my eyes a bit :) Definitely HG and would recommend to everyone :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been curious about this, so when my husband was going on a business trip I asked him to get me some at a duty free since they have a twin pack of them for 34.

I think this mascara is fantastic. The brush isn't a problem or hard to get used to, IMO. The color is a nice black that stays that way. True, you have to be careful how you apply it and have a lash comb ready just in case. When I first tried it, I only did one coat, just to test it out and it looked pretty good...not too dramatic and nice for daytime. But I put on about 3 coats yesterday and it looked like I had falsies on (my lashes are pretty 'meh'...not very long, dark, curly or thick). So this one would be good for day or night, depending on how you apply it. I had curled my lashes prior to the 3 coats and the curl did remain.

The only con was that it did flake off a bit after about 5-6 hours, but it did otherwise stay put and the color stayed the same until I took it off after about 10 hours. And because of how much I'd used, it was a bit of a job to remove all of it. I suggest baby oil, if your regular remover doesn't get it all.

No idea if the other benefits it claims will hold true (I.E-helping my lashes). I don't think I'll be a candidate for that as I don't wear makeup everyday...maybe 3 x's a week at the most. Maybe someone who wears it everyday can comment on that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this at Sephora. I wasn't expecting much since my eyelashes are puny and nothing seems to make them have that "false lash" effect. This givenchy mascara does give me that false lash look! Finally! I don't know how that strange three ball brush works, all I know is that it is very black which I love, and it only takes 3 coats for my lashes to really stand out. Tons of volume, length, and no clumps. Everything I am looking for. Unfortunately, the price is insane. I had a hard enough time shelling out for my second favorite HE mascara diorshow blackout. Over $30 for a mascara that only lasts 3 months o_O I can't seem to justify the price when CG lashblast volume is pretty damn good. If you have more disposable income than I do, I highly recommend this mascara. Out of the million HE, ME, and DS mascaras I've tried this is the QUEEN of them all.