October 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Beige

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by happyisbeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate to be a downer on a loved product but I didn't love this like I thought I would. I'm a light to medium Asian and this was not a pretty neutral on me. Too light and frosty. I can work with it with eye shadow on top though but the wear wasn't fantastic and it just seemed overall okay, nothing special. I really don't ever use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Is it amazing? Not really - I have found the colour pay-off so sheer and it has nowhere near the staying power as my much loved bad to the bronze. The shimmer effect when it has been on you skin for about a min disappears and the bigger glitter particles remain and look cheap and nasty. Also there are glitter clumps in it!? It does not apply smoothly with finger or brush looking scary in the daylight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Loving this eye shadow right now. It is, as the name suggests, quite discrete, it is a yellowy beige that goes on more shear than many of the other color tattoos. Though in the pot it looks like it would be pretty sparkly, it's not, it's mostly matte with a nice subtle sheen. As with all the other colors in this line, it stays on all day (and night if you want it to).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by megancya

I would totally repurchase this again! Maybelline add this to your permanent liinnneee! It's so amazing, can make any eyeshadow pop when applied underneath as a base. I'm in love with this, and will be heart broken when i run out,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous, neutral,and versatile cream shadow. I use this either as a all over lid base, stand alone eye lid colour, and/or highlighter for the inner corner or brow bone areas. This soft beige with a golden frost finish has excellent pigmentation, dries quickly, and stays all day without budging or creasing. (An FYI I always wear an eyelid primer underneath all my cream or powder shadows.) I've heard this is a dupe for MAC's Bare Study Paint Pot. I was curious and swatched them side by side as I have Bare Study. They are very similar, but Maybelline's isn't what I would call an exact dupe. MAC's feels creamier and has a smooth texture with a slight more pinky undertone. Where's Maybelline's has a more metallic finish and of course is significantly less expensive as I paid $8.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. Both are beautiful and welcome addition to my makeup collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by gabiiricooo

After having been highly disappointed with the Tough As Taupe shade (which was completely my fault being that I don't really find the color flattering on myself) I went on a wild goose chase on the hunt for another. This limited edition color seemed to be the perfect slightly shimmery, pinky-nude, everyday base for my favorite shadows. Once again, I was let down. Although the color was stunning, the wear was not. I had read multitudes of reviews comparing them to MAC paint pots. People said they wore well and did not crease. Being that I have extremely oily lids and am not ready to dish out $20 or more for the Nars primer (which I've been lusting after) I decided to give it a shot. I had noticed some creasing with the taupe one I already owned, but felt optimistic anyway.
No matter how sheerly I apply it (or how heavily; I thought maybe it wasn't enough) I still have creases after just 2 hours! The only people I would recommend this to are those who, a) don't have an oil slick on their eyelids, b) don't have hooded lids, or c) generally don't have problems with creasing.
On the upside, this product did keep my eyeliner in place beautifully and acted as a gorgeous brow-bone highlight.
It's not a complete flop, but don't read into the "creaseless" claims, it does crease!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

this color is a great base for the eyes,with a little shimmer it is a great color just to look wake up without having to much makeup on (5 minutes face). I prefer the texture of barely beige then the permanent line which are harder and stiffer. it goes smoothly and blend well (but you need to be fast!)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I searched stores and online, finally gave in and got it on ebay -gas isn't cheap! I love everything about it- color, texture wear, shimmer which is not too much ( I'm almost 57);would love to try other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodsdeadxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is incredible and in the month that Iíve owned it I have used it pretty well every day. This makes for the prefect base colour under your everyday eye makeup look but can also be worn alone with no shadow. This product has never creased or faded on me, even if I donít wear eye primer or eye shadow over top! Barely Beige is officially my favourite of the 6 Colour Tattoos that I own in my collection...too bad itís a limited edition product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

this is great for a base
the color for me personally was too light to be worn alone
it does intensify any colors put on top of it so thats why i give this 4 lippys
it does last all night! so thats a plus
but you must work with it quick because it does dry pretty fast
will not buy again since this pot will last me forever but its overall a good color to have in your collection