September 2, 2014 | 1755 users online

Fragrances - Lady Gaga - Fame

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had very high hopes for this,I expected something different and dark. The only this dark is the fluid. The sent is a cheap completely generic perfume that I feel is like a Calgon body mist from 7th grade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTarantino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually got Fame when it first came out. I fell in love with it and I wear it every once and awhile now because I usually wear Viva La Juicy.
Fame pairs well when you're going out and you want to look/feel/smell like fame. (Pun intended).
I haven't talked to many guys who like their girlfriends wearing this. My ex boyfriend didn't like it but I still wore it because I liked it.
Some of these reviews are so atrocious, I don't think the scent is generic at all.
The thing I loved the most about the perfume was the lid itself. It's beautiful. And the fact that it is black perfume definitely signifies that it IS Gaga's work.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, the appearance and presentation of this perfume is beautiful and unique, very Gaga! I know black fluid isn't for everyone, but I really like the concept

I was a bit worried from reading some of the bad reviews on this perfume, but I was pleasantly surprised! Its not flowery or fruity but more of a dark musky vanilla based womanly fragrance. It's intoxicating and floral, yet still a bit fruity.

Honestly, it IS the weirdest fragrance I've ever bought but that it is not necessarily a bad thing. I'd spray this on one day and it smells like sexy dark apricot and honey. Then the next day I spray it on, it smells like sexy florals and an overdose of romantic jasmine, with a bit of spice. I'm currently wearing it and I smell a bit of incense, rose and musky jasmine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Blondemakeupaddict

LOVE this scent! As soon as I put it on my husband was going crazy! This scent is sexy, dark and perfect for a date night! This is the only website with a ton of negative reviews...everyone I know loves it! Actually, I am pretty shocked at all the negative reviews. I think people are WAY off in their description of the smell, but whatever. The less people that buy it the better for me since it is my new signature scent :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was tempted by the after Christmas sales and this was one of them. This appears like Vanilla extract in the bottle and I was very curious, at first it seemed interesting as I tried to sniff the body lotion. I had to think about it because I instinctively felt I would be dissapointed and prefer to stick to what I know I like, (Madini, Pink Sugar etc.) The next day I happened to be in the same store again and this time someone else had opened up a bottle so I sprayed. Thank god I did because after a few minutes it dried down to a horrific and cheap chemical smell. I have experienced fragrance oils at 3 bucks an ounce that was better than this. This fragrance smells extremely cheap and obnoxious.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by creedean

I agree with the rest of the negative reviews. This smelled cheap and gave me a headache.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mumakesmehot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only reason I bought this was because I am a HUGE Lady Gaga fan. However, I am disappointed. Here's why:

CONS:
*Generic, fruity, sweet-smelling scent. I have smelled perfumes at the Dollar Store which had more character and charm than, 'Fame'

*Misleading. I don't know why, but the first 5+ times I smelled this in store, I sniffed a sexy amber scent. Then the perfume slowly wafted into a vanilla, jasmine prose. I bought this expecting for the same thing to happen but instead I am left with a fruity Febreeze smell.

*The golden, claw cap is hard to pop or twist off. I don't keep it on the bottle anymore.

PROS:
*I love the way the packaging looks. Very bad ass.

*The scent stays on my dry skin incredibly well. I sprayed this 12 hours ago, and as soon as I entered the kitchen this morning my roommate commented on my lovely scent. Huzzah!

*Even though I can't keep the golden claw cap screwed on the bottle, I just place the golden claw cap upside down on its flat surface. Then I place the bottle inside. It sounds confusing but it looks cool. I promise.

*I absolutely love that the liquid is black, yet applies clear.

*The scent, though generic, is still good enough to wear in public.

*My mother and grandmother have chronic asthma, yet this scent doesn't bother them!

SMELL:
The smell is vanilla, belladonna, jasmine, and something else that's like Febreeze. But in a good, "Wow. Grandma's house doesn't smell like old people today!" or as in a, "Wow. This is a nice bathroom," kinda way. Generic, clean, sweet.

IN CONCLUSION:
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. Why? Even though it's not what I expected to bring home, and even though I am not one for ultra girly scents, I do enjoy the belladonna and jasmine bottom notes. Not to mention the staying power is marvelous. I also adore the bad ass packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this cheap at Marshalls (maybe Ross)

An innocuous scent, a little sweet and floral.

I expected something more dramatic.

This is nothing special. There are plenty of other nice, simple, sweet fragrances to bother with this one, but it is ok to give as a gift or grab for yourself.

I don't think it has enough "personality" to be hated, but not loved, either.

It does NOT stain your skin or clothes.

From fragrantica:

"Fame is composed in an unusual way; the fragrance does not respect the pyramidal structure of the composition, but uses so-called "push-pull technologyā€¯ by which the ingredients are mixed to highlight different aspects of each fragrant note at the same time, without any hierarchy.

The fragrance is built on three main accords: dark accord, sensual accord and light accord. The dark accord includes poisonous flower Belladonna and incense, which evolve into the sensual and opulent wave of honey drops, saffron and apricot. A floral veil of Sambac jasmine and tiger orchid embody light and beauty."

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

I have yet to purchase this perfume, but I CANNOT WAIT to do so! I tested this product at my local CVS, and I fell in love. I sprayed myself 3 times with this, and it's not overpowering or overly strong. It smells absolutely amazing, lasts a long time, too. I hate any perfume that smells like flowers.. I hate the scent of flowers. I also hate anything musty or woody smelling. This smells nothing like that. This is literally the first perfume I have enjoyed. I can't wait to get it, will wear this stuff daily!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the chance to try this out at CVS and I'm glad I did. I expected something exotic from Lady Gaga but I see she has taken the safe route like many other celebrities. I agree with the previous reviews that say it smells like Haiwan Fruit Punch. It's nice, but I don't think I would reach for it that much if I added it to my collection. I will not purchase.