September 21, 2014 | 1842 users online

Fragrances - Lady Gaga - Fame

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is kind of a middle of the road scent for me. Its definitely not bad, I do get enjoyment out of wearing it but it is not my most favourite in my collection. I have to admit I was a little shocked when I read that this was supposed to be a unisex perfume. I personally don't think this is even slightly masculine, far more floral/musky and leaning towards feminine scents. However, a own CK 1, another unisex perfume, and most of my female friends say they think its more of a mans smell, but I disagree. I guess its a case of each to their own. Anyway, the packaging of the perfume states that it contains:
. 'Tears of Belladonna' or Atropa Belladonna
. 'Crushed Heart of Tiger Orchidea with a Black Veil of Incense' or Tiger Orchid & Incense
. 'Pulverized Apricot' or Apricot
. 'Combinative Essences of Saffron and Honey Drops' or Saffron & Honey
As you can see, all the ingredients have been Gaga-fied, when really they are quite simple, a mix of floral, sweet scents with a little bit of deeper musky tones in there too, and it does make for a unique interesting scent when on my skin. Its hard to describe or review perfumes I find as something can smell so amazing on one person but really bad on another.
Personally, I think this is the sort of perfume you would wear in the winter for evenings out, its definitely not a summer scent as that's when you pull out your light floral scents and whilst this is floral its definitely not light, hence the reason behind the black liquid. It would be nice for going out to dinner or a special occasion, its definitely not one I reach for everyday.
I like the bottle, it looks like a little black bug sat on my vanity, I also think the black liquid thing is quite unique, I haven't owned any other perfumes of such interesting colour. I don't think I'd buy it again purely because I don't think its strong enough for me, I like my perfumes to last a long time and this wears off between three to four hours, plus no one has ever said I smell nice while wearing this, so that's often a sign of a bad scent for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had very high hopes for this,I expected something different and dark. The only this dark is the fluid. The sent is a cheap completely generic perfume that I feel is like a Calgon body mist from 7th grade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by AlexisTarantino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually got Fame when it first came out. I fell in love with it and I wear it every once and awhile now because I usually wear Viva La Juicy.
Fame pairs well when you're going out and you want to look/feel/smell like fame. (Pun intended).
I haven't talked to many guys who like their girlfriends wearing this. My ex boyfriend didn't like it but I still wore it because I liked it.
Some of these reviews are so atrocious, I don't think the scent is generic at all.
The thing I loved the most about the perfume was the lid itself. It's beautiful. And the fact that it is black perfume definitely signifies that it IS Gaga's work.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, the appearance and presentation of this perfume is beautiful and unique, very Gaga! I know black fluid isn't for everyone, but I really like the concept

I was a bit worried from reading some of the bad reviews on this perfume, but I was pleasantly surprised! Its not flowery or fruity but more of a dark musky vanilla based womanly fragrance. It's intoxicating and floral, yet still a bit fruity.

Honestly, it IS the weirdest fragrance I've ever bought but that it is not necessarily a bad thing. I'd spray this on one day and it smells like sexy dark apricot and honey. Then the next day I spray it on, it smells like sexy florals and an overdose of romantic jasmine, with a bit of spice. I'm currently wearing it and I smell a bit of incense, rose and musky jasmine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Blondemakeupaddict

LOVE this scent! As soon as I put it on my husband was going crazy! This scent is sexy, dark and perfect for a date night! This is the only website with a ton of negative reviews...everyone I know loves it! Actually, I am pretty shocked at all the negative reviews. I think people are WAY off in their description of the smell, but whatever. The less people that buy it the better for me since it is my new signature scent :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was tempted by the after Christmas sales and this was one of them. This appears like Vanilla extract in the bottle and I was very curious, at first it seemed interesting as I tried to sniff the body lotion. I had to think about it because I instinctively felt I would be dissapointed and prefer to stick to what I know I like, (Madini, Pink Sugar etc.) The next day I happened to be in the same store again and this time someone else had opened up a bottle so I sprayed. Thank god I did because after a few minutes it dried down to a horrific and cheap chemical smell. I have experienced fragrance oils at 3 bucks an ounce that was better than this. This fragrance smells extremely cheap and obnoxious.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by creedean

I agree with the rest of the negative reviews. This smelled cheap and gave me a headache.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mumakesmehot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only reason I bought this was because I am a HUGE Lady Gaga fan. However, I am disappointed. Here's why:

CONS:
*Generic, fruity, sweet-smelling scent. I have smelled perfumes at the Dollar Store which had more character and charm than, 'Fame'

*Misleading. I don't know why, but the first 5+ times I smelled this in store, I sniffed a sexy amber scent. Then the perfume slowly wafted into a vanilla, jasmine prose. I bought this expecting for the same thing to happen but instead I am left with a fruity Febreeze smell.

*The golden, claw cap is hard to pop or twist off. I don't keep it on the bottle anymore.

PROS:
*I love the way the packaging looks. Very bad ass.

*The scent stays on my dry skin incredibly well. I sprayed this 12 hours ago, and as soon as I entered the kitchen this morning my roommate commented on my lovely scent. Huzzah!

*Even though I can't keep the golden claw cap screwed on the bottle, I just place the golden claw cap upside down on its flat surface. Then I place the bottle inside. It sounds confusing but it looks cool. I promise.

*I absolutely love that the liquid is black, yet applies clear.

*The scent, though generic, is still good enough to wear in public.

*My mother and grandmother have chronic asthma, yet this scent doesn't bother them!

SMELL:
The smell is vanilla, belladonna, jasmine, and something else that's like Febreeze. But in a good, "Wow. Grandma's house doesn't smell like old people today!" or as in a, "Wow. This is a nice bathroom," kinda way. Generic, clean, sweet.

IN CONCLUSION:
Would I buy this again? Absolutely. Why? Even though it's not what I expected to bring home, and even though I am not one for ultra girly scents, I do enjoy the belladonna and jasmine bottom notes. Not to mention the staying power is marvelous. I also adore the bad ass packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this cheap at Marshalls (maybe Ross)

An innocuous scent, a little sweet and floral.

I expected something more dramatic.

This is nothing special. There are plenty of other nice, simple, sweet fragrances to bother with this one, but it is ok to give as a gift or grab for yourself.

I don't think it has enough "personality" to be hated, but not loved, either.

It does NOT stain your skin or clothes.

From fragrantica:

"Fame is composed in an unusual way; the fragrance does not respect the pyramidal structure of the composition, but uses so-called "push-pull technologyā€¯ by which the ingredients are mixed to highlight different aspects of each fragrant note at the same time, without any hierarchy.

The fragrance is built on three main accords: dark accord, sensual accord and light accord. The dark accord includes poisonous flower Belladonna and incense, which evolve into the sensual and opulent wave of honey drops, saffron and apricot. A floral veil of Sambac jasmine and tiger orchid embody light and beauty."

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaRose

I have yet to purchase this perfume, but I CANNOT WAIT to do so! I tested this product at my local CVS, and I fell in love. I sprayed myself 3 times with this, and it's not overpowering or overly strong. It smells absolutely amazing, lasts a long time, too. I hate any perfume that smells like flowers.. I hate the scent of flowers. I also hate anything musty or woody smelling. This smells nothing like that. This is literally the first perfume I have enjoyed. I can't wait to get it, will wear this stuff daily!