Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Gah can't say enough this is my HG foundation brush! Makes any liquid foundation go on FLAWLESSLY! No streaking, just an air brush finish. I've used this with every liquid foundation known to man it works with everything! BB's CC's ZZ's you name it, it works. I daily clean with a witch hazel/alcohol/water mix and shampoo once a week. It hasn't shed one hair! Can't recommend this enough!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is my hg brush to apply my foundation! i've used it nearly every day for the past 2 years and it's still just as amazing as when i first got it - i've never once experienced shedding with it, even when washing it. i'm surprised there are negative reviews because personally, this brush has never once wronged me. i use liquid foundation, i dot it around my face using my finger, and then i use this brush to buff in circles until it's all blended out. it's super soft and buffs like a dream. i've used it with l'oreal true match, UD naked skin, KVD lock it tattoo and guerlain parure de lumiere and i've never once experienced the streakiness or patchiness like the reviewer below is talking about.

I am another reviewer who isn't a fan of this brush. I bought it when I bought the Naked foundation. I returned the foundation but kept the brush since I didn't have a reason to return the brush. (I have only returned 1 brush ever and it was because it bled black all over my face). I used it to apply liquid foundation a couple of days ago (Kat Von D lock it) since I almost never reach for it. It applied patchy and streaky, and I had to use a beauty blender to fix it. I also find the handle too wide for my brush cup. The Real Techniques brushes and ELF studio brushes are a lot cheaper and much better quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great brush, have used it with other foundations as well. Powder, liquid, etc

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

By farrr best foundation brush i have come accross. Leave no lines or blemishes on face and doesnt suck up and waste foundation like my mC foundation brush. 100% try it girls

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this brush! First brush for me by UD and i bought it to go along with UD weightless skin foundation and its perfect! Makes the makeup go on smooth and soft and natural! I have received so many compliments! Overall a very good brush to have....

This is actually a pretty good brush for the quality- and I have brushes from Real Techniques to Tom Ford. It's really surprisingly soft, and the handle is shorter than most American brushes. This, combined with the package/case the brush comes in makes it great for traveling with. I use a very sheer coverage liquid foundation of my own mixing, so I don't need this to spread a thick ass creme, but for my purposes it works, and is surprisingly soft for a synthetic. I'd say definitely softer than RT (sorry Sam), and I haven't had any shedding so far. If you're on the fence, you probably won't be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after I tried the UD naked foundation with finger application and other brushes ( and was not impressed).This Brush is FANTASTIC.It applies the foundation like a dream and the finish is blurred/airbrush .

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm shocked at the glowing reviews. This brush is no good, I just returned it today after trying to make it work for the past couple of weeks.

It is incredibly soft, synthetic, and decently priced, but the pros end there. I tried this with my low/medium coverage powder (I just sweep the color over my face briefly), and it gave me a very unnatural finish. Not only that, but the coverage was not good enough! I was looking for a replacement for my HG - Real Techniques powder brush, which works amazing, but I was wondering if there would be an even better product out there.. I wanted to find a brush that wasn't as big, perhaps, and thus might give better coverage.

Thinking maybe this was better suited for liquid foundation, I decided to try this instead of my Sigma F80/82 which has been my HG liquid foundation brush for years. No dice, it applied the liquid foundation in a more streaky, less evenly-covered way. It has something to do with the brush, the bristles are distributed in a way so that only the tip top ones can be used for stippling and it leads to uneven coverage. It doesn't work well for buffing either.

The icing on the cake was noticing minor shedding after a week or so. Unbelievable! Never had issues with any of my brushes shedding, ever. I expected better quality from UD :(

So for both cases, the overall way my face looked was far better with my original brushes. I'll be sticking with them!

Was so excited for this brush :(. Such a let down. It seems sooooo soft till it has product on it. I found it quite scratchy and took forever to blend out my foundation.
I will be returning it to sephora.

Popular Makeup Brushes