July 25, 2014 | 1991 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - hairdresser's invisible oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I have fine hair and have a hard time finding products hat I can work with that don't weigh my hair down. I recently cut about 6" off the length of my hair in an attempt to get my hair healthy again. Years of coloring, highlighting, styling and daily washing have wrecked havoc on my tresses leaving them dry, split and straw like in texture. I bit the bullet and had my stylist cut more than the usual trim and love that my hair is starting to regain its luster and health. Since my hair is now shoulder length I only wash it twice a week. After washing I will take 1 pump of the B&B invisible oil and work it from mid shaft to ends and then run a wide tooth comb through my hair and let it air dry. The next morning I will take a half pump and treat the ends before using my T3 single pass straightener and I experience no heaviness or fly aways. I also live in the humid gulf coast of Texas just south of Houston, and have found that this product also helps my hair resist humidity, which is a huge plus. It's a great product and I will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by littlehousebigvacation

To start, I have fine, shoulder length, color treated, fairly healthy hair, that needs a trim and I wash it every 2-3 days. After, washing I apply 1 pump starting at the ends and work my way up to the roots, then I either blow dry or let it dry on its own. After its dry I apply 1/2 pump to the ends and whatever is left I smooth fly aways at the crown. This does not weigh my hair down or cause me to wash it more often. Whats so great about this product is my hair actually feels and looks silky and shiny. Not shiny fake but healthy shiny. I will buy this again, it'll be awhile b/c I use so little at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I run about 2-3 pumps through my hair when it is wet and put it up in a bun or put some Bumble Texture Cream with Grooming Cream to air dry curly. My hair has never air dried so shiny and soft, I can't stop running my hands through it! There's really no detectable scent which is just as well as I'm allergic to lots of fragrances. My previous HG was Shu Uemura Essence Absolue which cost about twice as much (Haidresser's Oil is $38 for 3.4 fl. oz. and Essence is $68 for 5 oz.), ouch! I also like Organix Macadamia Dry Styling Oil (especially for the price) but this blows both of these out of the water. My hair looks very healthy and it feels like silk.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I said "yes" about buying it again but I think my bottle will last a lifetime. (I tried Morroccan oil a couple years ago but despised the scent so much that it didn't matter if the product was great.)

I have only skimmed the reviews and I'm surprised by the negatives. Maybe people are using too much? I use a partial-pump, which is really more like a fat drop. I rub it onto my hands and then really rub/massage it into all my hair. I usually just comb and let my hair air dry, with a couple "scrunches" along the way. This product does just enough to smooth the surface of my hair without weighing it down. As I said, I use just the tiniest bit of it. It's crazy expensive because if you hate it, you've wasted $38 (+tax), but if you can sample it or swap for it, it's worth trying.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by TheRedPanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never used Bumble and Bumble before and was given a sample of this and could NOT believe how nice this made my hair look and feel!!! I am so amazed how much better I like this one over the Kerastase I have been using!! The real test will be how it holds up with the high humidity we get in the summer. I really hope this one keeps up the good work:)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe everybody here apparently hates this stuff. Since I'm a major Bb fan I still had to try this and I'm very satisfied so far.
My hair is fine, long and pretty healthy, but I love the idea of an oil product for heat protection and extra moisture. I've been using Davines Oi Oil until now, recommended by my stylist who taught me that oils are wonderful for fine hair too. It prevents tangles and split ends, and today I wouldn't be without one. I only wash once a week but use my hair oil every day.
Compared to Davines and Orofluido (my first oil) the Bumble oil is a lot lighter. Yes, it does contain silicone, but so does every oil out there. Unlike Davines, this does actually contain a lot of good oils too like coconut and olive. I feel like this gives me way more nourishment than Davines.
Since my hair is blond and fine, EVERYTHING shows - and this oil is not the least bit heavy or sticky. I use one pump before I blowdry and one pump after. I think the trick is to really spread it well between the palms before applying to hair. My hair feels light, bouncy, healthy and very soft.
The packaging is not that pretty (whyyyy neon orange??) and it's quite expensive, but I would buy again. Sad that it's got so many bad reviews here, for me it's the best hair oil.
EDIT 1/4/2013: Giving this 5 lippies, since it's proven to be consistently amazing. My ends seem thicker and healthier than usual one month after a cut and the silicones doesn't seem to build up. So happy I switched to this from Davines.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Dimethicone is in almost all shine products including those from high end lines like Kerastase. However, this product also contains several other types of oil missing from the other silicone-based products on the market. As a result of these other oils including olive oil, coconut oil, and safflower oil, as well as grape seed, I find Bumble and Bumble's version to be much better for color-treated hair that is dry. The trick is to only use a little bit. One pump, spread over the palms, and then apply to the ends of your hair avoiding the scalp. Too much of any shine product with make your hair greasy. Invisible Oil works great for me and makes my hair very soft and manageable. For reference, I have hair of medium thickness that is dry due to blonde highlights and regular exposure to sun (I live in a sunny desert climate).

If you find this too intense for you (for example, if you have fine hair that is not dry), you will probably like Bumble and Bumble's Brilliantine product for shine.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Isododecane, Dimethiconol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Bis-Cetearyl Amodimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Squalane, Tocopherol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made my hair so greasy. It definitely isn't invisible. I felt like my hair was coated and weighed down. A definite no.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JudiWickham

I probably would not have bought this, if I had read the reviews here. It is not a popular product! I bought it, when I was having a desperately frizzy day. I wasn't sure about spending so much money on an oil. The Sephora SA assured me I could return it, if it didn't work. For me, it did work suprisingly well. It smoothed the frizz down without looking greasy or heavy, just shiny. This is the best oil I have tried and I have tried alot. It is an investment though, so worth trying a sample to see if it works for you. UPDATE: Not quite as impressed as I was. Some days this works and some days, it doesn't. Not sure why results vary for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by wandawoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't buy into the hype! This is in no way an oil that is good for your hair. The first ingredient is dimethicone, a synthetic silicone oil that is known to cause skin sensitivities and acne. It's a cheap ingredient that is in tons of lotions, cosmetics, and hair products - especially inexpensive drugstore ones, so why are they charging $38 for this oil? Sure it may smooth your hair initially (if you blow dry) but sure enough it will eventually dry out your hair. All it does is coat the hair. Bumble and Bumble is good at marketing, too bad their products can't live up to their claims. Stick with Moroccan oil.