April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - hairdresser's invisible oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I said "yes" about buying it again but I think my bottle will last a lifetime. (I tried Morroccan oil a couple years ago but despised the scent so much that it didn't matter if the product was great.)

I have only skimmed the reviews and I'm surprised by the negatives. Maybe people are using too much? I use a partial-pump, which is really more like a fat drop. I rub it onto my hands and then really rub/massage it into all my hair. I usually just comb and let my hair air dry, with a couple "scrunches" along the way. This product does just enough to smooth the surface of my hair without weighing it down. As I said, I use just the tiniest bit of it. It's crazy expensive because if you hate it, you've wasted $38 (+tax), but if you can sample it or swap for it, it's worth trying.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by TheRedPanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never used Bumble and Bumble before and was given a sample of this and could NOT believe how nice this made my hair look and feel!!! I am so amazed how much better I like this one over the Kerastase I have been using!! The real test will be how it holds up with the high humidity we get in the summer. I really hope this one keeps up the good work:)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe everybody here apparently hates this stuff. Since I'm a major Bb fan I still had to try this and I'm very satisfied so far.
My hair is fine, long and pretty healthy, but I love the idea of an oil product for heat protection and extra moisture. I've been using Davines Oi Oil until now, recommended by my stylist who taught me that oils are wonderful for fine hair too. It prevents tangles and split ends, and today I wouldn't be without one. I only wash once a week but use my hair oil every day.
Compared to Davines and Orofluido (my first oil) the Bumble oil is a lot lighter. Yes, it does contain silicone, but so does every oil out there. Unlike Davines, this does actually contain a lot of good oils too like coconut and olive. I feel like this gives me way more nourishment than Davines.
Since my hair is blond and fine, EVERYTHING shows - and this oil is not the least bit heavy or sticky. I use one pump before I blowdry and one pump after. I think the trick is to really spread it well between the palms before applying to hair. My hair feels light, bouncy, healthy and very soft.
The packaging is not that pretty (whyyyy neon orange??) and it's quite expensive, but I would buy again. Sad that it's got so many bad reviews here, for me it's the best hair oil.
EDIT 1/4/2013: Giving this 5 lippies, since it's proven to be consistently amazing. My ends seem thicker and healthier than usual one month after a cut and the silicones doesn't seem to build up. So happy I switched to this from Davines.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

Dimethicone is in almost all shine products including those from high end lines like Kerastase. However, this product also contains several other types of oil missing from the other silicone-based products on the market. As a result of these other oils including olive oil, coconut oil, and safflower oil, as well as grape seed, I find Bumble and Bumble's version to be much better for color-treated hair that is dry. The trick is to only use a little bit. One pump, spread over the palms, and then apply to the ends of your hair avoiding the scalp. Too much of any shine product with make your hair greasy. Invisible Oil works great for me and makes my hair very soft and manageable. For reference, I have hair of medium thickness that is dry due to blonde highlights and regular exposure to sun (I live in a sunny desert climate).

If you find this too intense for you (for example, if you have fine hair that is not dry), you will probably like Bumble and Bumble's Brilliantine product for shine.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Isododecane, Dimethiconol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Bis-Cetearyl Amodimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Squalane, Tocopherol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made my hair so greasy. It definitely isn't invisible. I felt like my hair was coated and weighed down. A definite no.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JudiWickham

I probably would not have bought this, if I had read the reviews here. It is not a popular product! I bought it, when I was having a desperately frizzy day. I wasn't sure about spending so much money on an oil. The Sephora SA assured me I could return it, if it didn't work. For me, it did work suprisingly well. It smoothed the frizz down without looking greasy or heavy, just shiny. This is the best oil I have tried and I have tried alot. It is an investment though, so worth trying a sample to see if it works for you. UPDATE: Not quite as impressed as I was. Some days this works and some days, it doesn't. Not sure why results vary for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by wandawoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't buy into the hype! This is in no way an oil that is good for your hair. The first ingredient is dimethicone, a synthetic silicone oil that is known to cause skin sensitivities and acne. It's a cheap ingredient that is in tons of lotions, cosmetics, and hair products - especially inexpensive drugstore ones, so why are they charging $38 for this oil? Sure it may smooth your hair initially (if you blow dry) but sure enough it will eventually dry out your hair. All it does is coat the hair. Bumble and Bumble is good at marketing, too bad their products can't live up to their claims. Stick with Moroccan oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I have very smooth straight coarse black hair that is very shiny idk why in the hell I decided to try this as a professional cosmetologist myself I should've known better! This crap made my hair so greasy it looked as if I was a dirty bum with greasy slick hair I only put a drop and I have 18 inch long hair omg my hair was attracting fuzzies and dust literally! Why would I pay $30+ for a silicone based product when I could easily go to a drug store or Armstrong McCall and get something for a better value and better quality instead of paying 30 something for this "High End" trash!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by klryn1

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree w/the negative reviews. I purchased this at my salon during a B&B event, becuse of the UV protection. I have extremely thick course wavy red hair. This just isn't heavy enough to reduce the frizz like the argan oil does. I've been using it after I blow dry to lightly smooth out any flyways. It doesn't make my hair greasy and smooths nicely, but due to the price I won't purchase again. I think it might work better for someone w/fine hair.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this in-store (it was impossible to miss the huge displays with testers in Sephora!) and I'm so glad I tried it before buying. I'm generally a sucker for hair oils and leave in smoothing type products. My hair is coarse, wavy and prone to frizzing in humid weather. I flat iron regularly (2 to 3 times a week, though more lately because of hot yoga!). I might have just grabbed this had the price not been so steep. Anyway, I smoothed it onto the ends of my hair and the results were not very good at all - in fact, it left the ends of my hair feeling "crispy" and sort of sticky. It also left my hands feeling sticky - I had to go to the mall washrooms to wash the residue off my palms. I will stick with my trusted Moroccan Oil or Osis Magic as smoothing treatments. I was surprised by how poorly Hairdresser's Invisible Oil performed. Based on trying it, I wouldn't buy this even at a budget price!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No