November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - hairdresser's invisible oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by IamDirtyandNeedaBath

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have long baby fine, wavy, virgin hair. My hair gets weighed down easily from oils, so I find this to be the perfect texture. A salon stylist recommended this product to me because I told her I wanted to control frizz and let it air dry with my natural waves.

The first time I used the product I noticed a difference, it worked much better than any of the other oils or serums I've tried. I use 2 pumps of it and my hair is a couple of inches past BSL, so that's the perfect amount for me.

I like the little orange bottle and the ease of how the pump works (I'm all about packaging).

I also like that there's no protein added to this product, since my hair doesn't do well with a lot of protein, especially leave on products, and that seems hard to find these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by gordostyle

I received a few samples of this oil and for my fine hair, it is the best oil I've found.

My individual hair strands are very fine, but I have a lot of hair and it can become frizzy.

I apply half a pump to a pump of this from mid-shaft through my ends while my hair is still damp, and even if I air dry my long hair it looks great and smooth.

The oil is really light and leaves my hair completely non-greasy (especially as compared to other, cheaper hair oils I've tried) and even promotes a nice curl at the ends. Though maybe for thicker hair this would not be the best product.

The price is a little steep, as with all B&B products, but since you only need to use a tiny bit a bottle will last quite a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, I feel like this is one of the nicest hair oils on the market. The reason why is that the ingriedient's are way nicer than the ones you will find in MoroccanOil etc.
Obviously, silicone is the number one ingriedient, but that actually makes sense. Silicones are nothing bad.
For example, my second cousin is 8 years old and has the most amazing long, shiny and healthy hair.
The reason for that is definitely not that she uses silicone free products, because she doesn't. The reason is that she doesn't color it, doesn't use heat on it and doesn't wash it too often.
It's simple as that, children are the best example.
I know that she uses her mom's haircare, which is Bumble & Bumble (full of silicones most of the time) as well as this oil.
The trend with silicone free hair products definitely came from people with already damaged hair.
Now on to the product.
It's lighter that most of the oils I've tried, which is perfect for my wavy to curly hair since it can be wheighed down so easily.
Does a lot against frizz which I tend to have around the hairline a lot, plus reduces this kind of "fluffiness" and unmanagable puffiness.
The smell is delish, kinda like orange cookies or something, nothing too heavy though. The shine you get from it is very nice, not greasy looking because of the product's lightweight I suppose.
My ends are a little dry and the funny thing is that they're cut straight, but most of the time for some weird reason it looks kinda messy and unruly, like some hairs in between the straight cut ends were missing. This oil kinda managed to smooth every single strand down and makes everything look sleek and put together.
The price you pay and the amount you get is obviously horrendous, I'd buy it again though.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by simgrease

i like this a lot. i would give it a higher rating but it's a bit pricey. i use two pumps on 50% dry hair, concentrating on the ends. i have quite long hair (approx. mid-back length) with dry ends from frequent heat styling and the two pumps i use is perfect for me. i think maybe if this makes your hair too greasy you may want to scale back the amount you use and avoid brushing your hair once you've put this in to avoid transferring the oil to the roots. i would buy this again if nothing better comes along, but like others have said i think that my current bottle will last quite a while.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge Bumble fan from way back, but this product was a total fail for me. It's actually been collecting dust in my bathroom for months...so I have fine, frizzy/curly hair and a lot of it. I generally blow my hair out every day as my scalp is greasy and I need to shampoo every day. In the summer I will air dry more often. I purchased this last summer in August, and from the way that it was marketed I expected this product to be a perfect multi-tasker for me-light, conditioning, a little taming...none of the above. It's awful. I know these oils generally contain some 'cones which I am not averse to but this just left my hair a total silicone-y mess. One pump in my collarbone length hair just made the parts that it touched look greasy and weighed down. It does not spread well through the hair. It does not wash off of my hands with ease, it does build up in my hair, I had to use a clarifying shampoo just to get it out. I don't do products that don't wash out for the most part with an everyday shampoo (semi sumo-you're negative review is coming...), and there is no way you could use this product two days in a row with out a deep clean. I tried it in dry hair and I tried it in wet hair. It just doesn't work. I have a friend with super thick, coarse curly hair who likes to flat iron it and doesn't have to wash it everyday, I think I will give this to her. Maybe she'll like it on her hair before the iron, if she finds a use for it with such different hair I'll let you know. I do have oil/serum products that I love-Kerastase Elixir Ultime (the green one) and Couture Color's oil serum are both fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I have fine hair and have a hard time finding products hat I can work with that don't weigh my hair down. I recently cut about 6" off the length of my hair in an attempt to get my hair healthy again. Years of coloring, highlighting, styling and daily washing have wrecked havoc on my tresses leaving them dry, split and straw like in texture. I bit the bullet and had my stylist cut more than the usual trim and love that my hair is starting to regain its luster and health. Since my hair is now shoulder length I only wash it twice a week. After washing I will take 1 pump of the B&B invisible oil and work it from mid shaft to ends and then run a wide tooth comb through my hair and let it air dry. The next morning I will take a half pump and treat the ends before using my T3 single pass straightener and I experience no heaviness or fly aways. I also live in the humid gulf coast of Texas just south of Houston, and have found that this product also helps my hair resist humidity, which is a huge plus. It's a great product and I will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by littlehousebigvacation

To start, I have fine, shoulder length, color treated, fairly healthy hair, that needs a trim and I wash it every 2-3 days. After, washing I apply 1 pump starting at the ends and work my way up to the roots, then I either blow dry or let it dry on its own. After its dry I apply 1/2 pump to the ends and whatever is left I smooth fly aways at the crown. This does not weigh my hair down or cause me to wash it more often. Whats so great about this product is my hair actually feels and looks silky and shiny. Not shiny fake but healthy shiny. I will buy this again, it'll be awhile b/c I use so little at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I run about 2-3 pumps through my hair when it is wet and put it up in a bun or put some Bumble Texture Cream with Grooming Cream to air dry curly. My hair has never air dried so shiny and soft, I can't stop running my hands through it! There's really no detectable scent which is just as well as I'm allergic to lots of fragrances. My previous HG was Shu Uemura Essence Absolue which cost about twice as much (Haidresser's Oil is $38 for 3.4 fl. oz. and Essence is $68 for 5 oz.), ouch! I also like Organix Macadamia Dry Styling Oil (especially for the price) but this blows both of these out of the water. My hair looks very healthy and it feels like silk.

Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Isododecane, Dimethiconol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Bis-Cetearyl Amodimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Squalane, Tocopherol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I said "yes" about buying it again but I think my bottle will last a lifetime. (I tried Morroccan oil a couple years ago but despised the scent so much that it didn't matter if the product was great.)

I have only skimmed the reviews and I'm surprised by the negatives. Maybe people are using too much? I use a partial-pump, which is really more like a fat drop. I rub it onto my hands and then really rub/massage it into all my hair. I usually just comb and let my hair air dry, with a couple "scrunches" along the way. This product does just enough to smooth the surface of my hair without weighing it down. As I said, I use just the tiniest bit of it. It's crazy expensive because if you hate it, you've wasted $38 (+tax), but if you can sample it or swap for it, it's worth trying.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by TheRedPanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have never used Bumble and Bumble before and was given a sample of this and could NOT believe how nice this made my hair look and feel!!! I am so amazed how much better I like this one over the Kerastase I have been using!! The real test will be how it holds up with the high humidity we get in the summer. I really hope this one keeps up the good work:)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No