November 28, 2014 | 2034 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - La Vie Est Belle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this scent for fall and winter. It is sweet and warm and very feminine. It lasts beautifully and I get compliments on it all the time. I don't feel there is anything old lady about it at all, but rather new and sophisticated. Surprised at the negatives on here. I'll be wearing this one for a long time!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by chillzone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I am on my fourth bottle. I bought this perfume when it first came out and I'm still buying it, even though I've tried many others in between. This is a quality fragrance that lasts forever on my skin. I also like that I don't have to search the world over in order to find it. This juice is everywhere and that's okay. When I open the walk-in closet I share with my husband, I laugh because La Vie Est Belle greets our faces with the sweet, creamy, musky deliciousness still on my clothes. My guy never complains. One day, I found him smelling my pillow and knew this fragrance is "the one." I still wear a drop of Idylle or a dab of Shalimar Parfum Initial on occasion, but when those who know me best catch a whiff of La Vie Est Belle, they wonder if I'm near. I'd say that's a signature all right. Yes, life is good.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too strong and cloying. Sillage is high on this one. It's too bad that Lancome gave all the marketing dollars to this headache inducer and literally none to the new Tresor Lumineuse, which is so much more complex and beautiful than this one. I am a true blue Lancome Girl but this one just can't get my vote. This fragrance is like a 30 or 40 year old woman trying to dress like a teenager. I just don't get it. It's completely inappropriate.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Cute smell in a cute bottle for a small fortune. Worth the money though. I love sweet perfumes, and this one is sweet and girly. Had to have it the moment i sprayed it in the shop. taken aback that it has quite a few poor reviews as i got many compliments on it, friends even went nd purchased it after asking me what was that lovely perfume i was wearing! i generally don't really wear perfume unless i find one i really like and there are very few of those, but this one is really nice. love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

Way too strong and mature. The body lotion is better. But this one is not wearable tome. It is moderately expensive but the bottle is a masterpiece. I think the only way to describe this perfume is NOT LIGHT. It is pretty but it needs to be diluted down. It is nothing special. I find it rather generic. Having said that I would not turn down a free bottle and I have turned down many free bottles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm torn... On the one side I do like this scent a lot. It's sweet, very feminine and a bit on the heavy side (which is a good thing in my book), but still very wearable for both day and night. On the other side it smells a little too much like other perfumes I've had, it has some Angel in it, and some others of which I cannot remember the name right now (sorry, I'm getting on a bit ;) ). Also it doesn't seem to last..? Well at least not on me :(...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I like this scent a lot because it is sweet without being cloying. Two spritzes is all I need to achieve a moderate effect. This scent is very feminine. It reminds me a little bit of Hanae Mori's perfume (but is about half the price). It is sweet and powdery. I like this for daytime or evening wear. It transitions well from daytime use to nighttime use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by eyring

My mother wears this everyday. She always smells so fresh but not overwhelming. I spray a little on when I go there and it lasts all day. Just lovely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the third scent i've reviewed in the little contest i have with myself to find the sweetest scent possible. La Vie Est Belle has been my absolute favorite to wear. Also, it's the tattoo Casey Anthony had....Belle Vita...The Beautiful Life. It's such a simple, sweet little scent that has been done before but it is so beautiful and naive. It doesnt smell like cotton candy or a cup cake or anything like that but it is sweet. The praline, vanilla, tonka bean and patchouli. The little flowers like orange blossom and jasmine spring to life and add a wonderful little floralcy to the mix to. The bottle and box elegant and do the fragrance justice too. Also, towards the end of the day yesterday i noticed a peach-like scent. I checked the notes and peach was not a listed note but i think it might have been the pear or black currant i was smelling. La Vie Est Belle is not a childish little fragrance like Pink Sugar or Fantasy. It's just a beautiful fragrance is all. I just finished my bottle and i will be sad i wont be able to wear La Vie Est Belle until i can get another bottle which i most definitely will be doing. I have tons of fragrances that i like to wear and i dont consider any of them a "signature" scent but this is the closest that would come to a signature scent for me. Definitely not the sweetest of the three but i've still got Fantasy to go. LOL

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only Lancôme fragrance that I enjoy.

I love the gourmand notes, the waif of dense candy-vanilla, the play against the patchouli -- it feeds my inner hippie in an elegant way.

La Vie Est Belle isn't a sophisticated fragrance -- it's still not in league with some of the big perfume-design houses (I am thinking the exclusive editions of Chanel and Tom Ford fragrances). It is closer to Prada's "Candy," though not as intensely carnival like in it's playfulness. For Lancôme, though, it's a huge step up -- their reliance on over floral mishmashes usually sends me reeling.

La Vie Est Belle is pretty and sexy and a wonderful move into playful and delicious, the notes distinct and warm, while nicely blending the floral and gourmand.

And the bottle's charming and pretty.

A happy -- and I mean that in the lighthearted and spring like romance that this fragrance evokes --- repurchase.