October 21, 2014 | 1852 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - La Vie Est Belle

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by eyring

My mother wears this everyday. She always smells so fresh but not overwhelming. I spray a little on when I go there and it lasts all day. Just lovely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the third scent i've reviewed in the little contest i have with myself to find the sweetest scent possible. La Vie Est Belle has been my absolute favorite to wear. Also, it's the tattoo Casey Anthony had....Belle Vita...The Beautiful Life. It's such a simple, sweet little scent that has been done before but it is so beautiful and naive. It doesnt smell like cotton candy or a cup cake or anything like that but it is sweet. The praline, vanilla, tonka bean and patchouli. The little flowers like orange blossom and jasmine spring to life and add a wonderful little floralcy to the mix to. The bottle and box elegant and do the fragrance justice too. Also, towards the end of the day yesterday i noticed a peach-like scent. I checked the notes and peach was not a listed note but i think it might have been the pear or black currant i was smelling. La Vie Est Belle is not a childish little fragrance like Pink Sugar or Fantasy. It's just a beautiful fragrance is all. I just finished my bottle and i will be sad i wont be able to wear La Vie Est Belle until i can get another bottle which i most definitely will be doing. I have tons of fragrances that i like to wear and i dont consider any of them a "signature" scent but this is the closest that would come to a signature scent for me. Definitely not the sweetest of the three but i've still got Fantasy to go. LOL

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only Lancôme fragrance that I enjoy.

I love the gourmand notes, the waif of dense candy-vanilla, the play against the patchouli -- it feeds my inner hippie in an elegant way.

La Vie Est Belle isn't a sophisticated fragrance -- it's still not in league with some of the big perfume-design houses (I am thinking the exclusive editions of Chanel and Tom Ford fragrances). It is closer to Prada's "Candy," though not as intensely carnival like in it's playfulness. For Lancôme, though, it's a huge step up -- their reliance on over floral mishmashes usually sends me reeling.

La Vie Est Belle is pretty and sexy and a wonderful move into playful and delicious, the notes distinct and warm, while nicely blending the floral and gourmand.

And the bottle's charming and pretty.

A happy -- and I mean that in the lighthearted and spring like romance that this fragrance evokes --- repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by skuper

The perfume smells great on paper ( like in the magazine ads), after months of wearing this it just didn't go with my body chemistry. It smells like old lady and and alcohol chemical like scent when sprayed into the air.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

La Vie est Belle is almost exactly the same scent as Flowerbomb (which everyone knows is really a misnamed gourmand) but much more smooth and beautiful. The patchouli is not too heavy-handed and the praline and vanilla notes round out the fruit beautifully. Something about Flowerbomb is much more synthetic and sharp. LVEB is a sophisticated gourmand that feels incredibly sexy and sultry. It's not cloyingly sweet but it has great longevity and makes for an excellent evening scent. The bottle is a little lackluster, but other than that, it's a lovely scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Megan117

At first this scent was amazing! I had a sample and used it for a few weeks to see how it worked with my body chemistry and it was great and was long lasting, so I bought the bottle. However, I've had it for less than half a year now and I've noticed the colour has changed and it smells TERRIBLE! and its not that my body chemistry has changed because it smells terrible in the bottle too. I'm so disappointed by this product :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LVEB is a strong powdery gourmand. I was initially wary of trying it out because of the patchouli, which I can not usually endure. So many perfumes were ruined for me with the inclusion of that dreaded patch note. Here, the vanilla and praline add just the right amount of sugary sweetness to rob the patchouli of its earthy edges, and the base emerges as a minty cool confection following a top and middle of the thickest vanilla ice cream sprinkled with the ripest blueberries (probably the currant). I like the iris, responsible for lending the scent an elegant, formal touch. I could not really detect the other florals though.

If sugar is not like crack for you, then step away from this bottle. The staying power is tenacious, and you will receive compliments without a doubt. La vie is easy to like, since it follows in the footsteps of the massively popular Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle. Certainly, it is not unique, but I think it marries patchouli and praline very well for an attractive price point. Lancome perfumers knew what they were doing when they reinterpreted a familiar formula. Much like a romance novel, the patchouli gourmand has a set recipe, but LVEB has enough character to be more than a modern garden variety scent thanks to the understated glamor of iris, which for better or worse is becoming increasingly utilized in popular department store releases as a way to compete with niche houses. But whatever La vie lacks in olfactory innovation, it more than compensates with its welcoming, winning personality. Got to find that scarf around the neck of the bottle just adorable. Notes: pear, black currant, orange blossom, iris, jasmine, patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean, praline.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Abuck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unique fragrance smell as the complements tell me......I always feel good when I wear this fragrance. Very good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've had a few samples of this and have been debating whether I want to buy a full sized bottle of this. I really like it, but there's something very run-of-the-mill about it. It's a pretty scent, but not exceptional. A good every day scent, especially if you like something strong and spicy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me a lot of Vera Wang Princess(my go to perfume), but more overpowering. I always debate about buying a huge bottle of it, I think it gave a migraine one time when I tried it out. Will shall see, will update