October 1, 2014 | 1606 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - La Vie Est Belle

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by skuper

The perfume smells great on paper ( like in the magazine ads), after months of wearing this it just didn't go with my body chemistry. It smells like old lady and and alcohol chemical like scent when sprayed into the air.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

La Vie est Belle is almost exactly the same scent as Flowerbomb (which everyone knows is really a misnamed gourmand) but much more smooth and beautiful. The patchouli is not too heavy-handed and the praline and vanilla notes round out the fruit beautifully. Something about Flowerbomb is much more synthetic and sharp. LVEB is a sophisticated gourmand that feels incredibly sexy and sultry. It's not cloyingly sweet but it has great longevity and makes for an excellent evening scent. The bottle is a little lackluster, but other than that, it's a lovely scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Megan117

At first this scent was amazing! I had a sample and used it for a few weeks to see how it worked with my body chemistry and it was great and was long lasting, so I bought the bottle. However, I've had it for less than half a year now and I've noticed the colour has changed and it smells TERRIBLE! and its not that my body chemistry has changed because it smells terrible in the bottle too. I'm so disappointed by this product :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LVEB is a strong powdery gourmand. I was initially wary of trying it out because of the patchouli, which I can not usually endure. So many perfumes were ruined for me with the inclusion of that dreaded patch note. Here, the vanilla and praline add just the right amount of sugary sweetness to rob the patchouli of its earthy edges, and the base emerges as a minty cool confection following a top and middle of the thickest vanilla ice cream sprinkled with the ripest blueberries (probably the currant). I like the iris, responsible for lending the scent an elegant, formal touch. I could not really detect the other florals though.

If sugar is not like crack for you, then step away from this bottle. The staying power is tenacious, and you will receive compliments without a doubt. La vie is easy to like, since it follows in the footsteps of the massively popular Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle. Certainly, it is not unique, but I think it marries patchouli and praline very well for an attractive price point. Lancome perfumers knew what they were doing when they reinterpreted a familiar formula. Much like a romance novel, the patchouli gourmand has a set recipe, but LVEB has enough character to be more than a modern garden variety scent thanks to the understated glamor of iris, which for better or worse is becoming increasingly utilized in popular department store releases as a way to compete with niche houses. But whatever La vie lacks in olfactory innovation, it more than compensates with its welcoming, winning personality. Got to find that scarf around the neck of the bottle just adorable. Notes: pear, black currant, orange blossom, iris, jasmine, patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean, praline.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Abuck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Unique fragrance smell as the complements tell me......I always feel good when I wear this fragrance. Very good!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I've had a few samples of this and have been debating whether I want to buy a full sized bottle of this. I really like it, but there's something very run-of-the-mill about it. It's a pretty scent, but not exceptional. A good every day scent, especially if you like something strong and spicy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This reminds me a lot of Vera Wang Princess(my go to perfume), but more overpowering. I always debate about buying a huge bottle of it, I think it gave a migraine one time when I tried it out. Will shall see, will update

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I needed a lighter and less moody vanilla for the warm months, and although it's slightly spicy, it still gives me a lovely fresh sweetness that blends beautifully with any season. I really like it so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I brought a sample of this fragrance when it was first released. I had also been testing Flower Bomb. Upon smelling LVEB I thought it was very old ladyish and a Flowerbomb knock off. I'm not sure what made me try it again but I did and now I love it. I live in a very cold climate and I think that's what changed this fragrance for me.

The juice is very sweet. The praline and pear are very strong during the first application. After a while the pachouli is very present during the dry down and I get that that patchouli the most toward the end. The vanilla and tonka bean never show up on me nor does the iris. I like this more than Flowerbomb as it's easier to wear and better priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by LisaJanson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot stress enough how much i love this fragrance! It has a warm and sweet, yet mature and sophisticated scent. Perfect for someone like me, who loves vanilla, but doesn't want to smell like a 14-year-old. With its absolutely unique scent, which is highly recognizable, I dare say this is a (fairly) new classic. And it stays put for hours and hours without wearing off!
However, be careful not spray on to much, this babe has a much higher percentage of pure perfume oils than most EdPs, a little splash goes a long way.

So, from someone who's been wearing this perfume since the day it came out - go buy it! :D
Sure it might be on the pricier side, but this adorable bottle will last you for ages.