Cover Girl CG Smoothers BB Cream

3.3

on 12/31/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very good product! I have VERY pale skin, so I chose the fair to light color (the lightest of the 3 colors). I feel like the fair to light color was ment for people with COOL or PEACHY/PINK undertones. I was afraid that it would be to dark for my skin tone but it is very sheer and adapted well to my skin. It also has a pretty thin consistency, and its not TOO oily (and it doesn't really cake up). I would recommend this product for someone who does NOT have really bad acne, or acne scarring, or alot of redness on their skin. For being a "drugstore" bb cream/foundation I would give it a 7 out of 10. Reason for it only being a 7 instead of a 10 is that the lable is deceiving, it's really more of a tinted moisturizer with a BB cream title. But its not bad for being $6!

on 12/21/2014 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I always come to this during winter time.Because this is the only foundation/TM that can carry my skin through harsh winter.Yes the coverage is not that great,but it makes my extremely dry skin dewy without emphasising dry patches and lines..Never had any reaction to this.So ultimate winter saviour for me.For my nc 40 i use med/deep shade.

on 12/16/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ok so first of all this bb cream is sheer. It will not cover an uneven skin tone or minor blemishes.This stuff is so sheer that even though the light to medium shade is at least 1 shade darker than my skin you can't tell at all.
The reason I am giving it a 4 is because I don't use it for covering any imperfections up. I use it to give a subtle glow to my face and because it gives me a dewy look for most of the day. My skin is pretty dry and even when I moisturize before foundation I can't keep that dewy look for more than a few hours but this stuff does the trick.

on 12/14/2014 7:44:00 PM

I bought the Covergirl BB cream as an emergency replacement at Dollar General near my home, after discovering my lovely granddaughters had used all of my L'Oreal foundation.... I was in a hurry , needed something to use until I could get to a dept. store, and Covergirl, Rimmel and Maybelline foundations,all of which break me out horribly, were the only other choices. I'm a life long user of Oil of Olay, L'Oreal, Revlon, Lancombe products, and lucky to have pretty good skin at 64. I'm happy with the very sheer lightweight coverage for everyday use..evens out skin tones very well, very sheer natural look, feels silky, like a moisturizer. I'm not going to switch to Covergirl for "real makeup" but for the everyday just being home....I will buy it again.

on 12/2/2014 10:02:00 PM

I bought this to replace my Maybelline BB cream. Huge mistake. I bought the lightest color and it was still too dark. The formula was watery at best and it didn't help correct anything. After an hour, my skin felt oily and by the next day, I was completely broke out. Overall, this was a total waste of money.

on 10/8/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this as a replacement for my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream (would have repurchased the Maybelline one but the store I was at didn't have it) and I was majorly disappointed. The coverage is very poor and I might as well have just skipped it altogether. It didn't give my skin that healthy glow that BB cream is supposed to do for you. Probably one of CG's worst products to date.

on 9/26/2014 1:34:00 PM

Average quality cosmetic - my reason for choosing this brand of bb cream was that it was on sale for like $7.00 or $8.00. I've never had any bad reactions to any makeup including cover girl products, but this stuff felt like it was acid etching my face. Proceed with caution especially if you have sensitive skin. My recommendation is if you want a fairly strong bb cream go with garnier (around $14 Canadian) or for sheer coverage NYC bb cream (concealer underneath) and layer bb cream as needed ($5 canadian walmart).

I actually liked this and I did not expect that I would. I am not generally a fan of Cover Girl (except their mascara) but this was marked down to 2 bucks at Target so what the hell?

It has only very light coverage which I like because the heavier the coverage the older I seem to look. It feels slightly sticky while it's wet but that doesn't bother me, I kind of like it because it gives a dewy finish and I'm obsessed with dewy. It does very well with a smidge of under eye concealer and cheek stain.

I would buy it again but I probably wouldn't pay for than $5.

on 9/11/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this at the beginning of summer thinking it would be great for days of hanging by the pool or going to the beach and not wanting to wear a full face of makeup. I liked the idea of very light coverage, moisturization, and some SPF. It however, didn’t seem to give ANY coverage and left my skin feeling greasy and oily looking, even when I lightly applied it. I also found myself breaking out more than normal after using this for a couple days. After just a couple uses I had to give it away, and that person ended up just throwing it away because she had the same results I did. If you’re looking for a tinted moisturizer and don’t have acne prone or oily skin you may like this, but this was definitely not the product for me, and I think the description of BB cream is misleading.

on 9/8/2014 7:12:00 PM

I put the bb cream on my face and within 2 minutes I broke and got an allergic reaction. I never break out and I rarely get acne until I put it on my skin. Very unhappy