April 21, 2014 | 1316 users online

BB Cream - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Girlofpages

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'd give this a 3.5 to a 4. I got this in fair to light. It doesn't give a lot of(it's sheer) coverage but it also doesn't cake and flake on my(horribly) dry skin. Some foundations even make me itchy they dry out my skin so much. I feel like with a bit of concealer on my red areas it's fine for everyday. Lets be honest, this isn't a legit "BB cream" this is just a tinted moisturizer(in fact it's just like their old tm). Most American bb's seem to be tm's with a new name to cash in on the fad. But I like tinted moisturizers because, on an everyday basis, I don't need lots of coverage(it's okay if you do, this just isn't for you). This may not be good for oily skin because even I get a bit of shine on my nose throughout the day and need a touch of powder. Overall, I like it and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Current Skin Type: Very oily, but due to acne treatments I have very dry/flaky acne spots.
Purpose For Purchasing: I needed an inexpensive light moisturizer to keep those treated acne spots hydrated while not causing the rest of my face to be slick with oil.
With all of this in mind I would first like to say that this is a "Light Weight Face Lotion". In no way is this a light coverage foundation. The whole "Tinted Sheer Color" hype is just for business and selling purposes to make this product more appealing to the customer. I feel as though tinted moisturizers are perfect for oily skin because while you may feel like you should skip this step due to the natural hydration of your skin hydration is the key for keeping skin fresh and smooth for years to come despite the skin type; it's light enough to not clog your pores but hydrating enough to keep skin looking and feeling healthy. I've used body lotions in the past that claim to be good for the face and they just end up being way too heavy and greasy. Once I tried searching for light weight face lotions they all ended up being way too hard to find and if I so happened to come upon one it would be spending almost an arm and a leg. This product keeps my acne spots hydrated and flake free while not adding any additional oil to the rest of my face. I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by kaylaj05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer, which evidently hardly anyone seems to make anymore. It's all called "BB cream" now.

I don't need a lot of coverage at all and don't like the heavy feel of regular foundation, so this is exactly what I was looking for. It's light, has SPF, and allows what little bare minerals I sweep across my face to set and stay.

If you are looking for a lot of coverage, this isn't for you. I'm not sure about it improving my skin, but it definitely hasn't made it worse or caused breakouts.

As far as this type of cream goes, it's the cheapest for the amount of product you get. All the other BB creams come in tiny little tubes for double the price or more. I'm not raving about it, and I haven't tried other BB creams, but for the price and purpose i am using it for, it's not a bad buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Maryjanefz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this because I wanted to try out something new for my skin! I hate to wear liquid foundations because I feel like they're just so heavy on my ski and I hate the feel of anything more than a moisturizer on my face. So I came across BB cream reviews on YouTube and found this one to be a good one to try out ..... BOY WAS I WRONG!!! This broke my skin out the very same day that I put it on my skin! I do not even have sensitive skin. I do have combination skin, and in the winter time it's more dry than normal, but this was horrible for my skin!! It felt greasy and sticky, and just ew! It gave low but decent coverage, but I like a natural skin finish anyways so that was t a big problem for me. But I just can't wear this anymore!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by glamycakes2014

i got this on sale at walgreens for only $2.89. so not too much waste. it is very oily and sheer. it looked like i had nothin on my face. it is kinda sticky and not any coverage at all. it also broke me out. wont be repurchasing

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

UPDATE**********
So as you will see below, I wrote a pretty nasty review on this product, and while I still think it's not that great, some of my opinions HAVE changed, so I felt like it was only proper to do an updated review.

I have found that this "BB cream" is basically just a tinted moisturizer, but I have layered it before to achieve a pretty natural looking coverage and it actually looks pretty decent. I don't do this often though as I have acne and need good coverage.

The way I layer this on is by using clean fingers and smoothing it all over my face for the first layer, then patting on my layers where I need more coverage. Smoothing this on the face feels pretty nice, HOWEVER, patting it on IS LIKE STICKING YOUR FACE INTO A TUB OF HAMBURGER GREASE IT IS SO FLIPPING DISGUSTING. But I can stand it, oddly enough.

While some of my opinions have in fact changed, it doesn't change the fact that this "BB cream" is the king of all lies, has a name that is an unbearable lie, has claims that are blatant lies, AND JUST BASICALLY SITS ON A THRONE OF LIES.

This updated review is not to recommend this product really, just to let you know that if you own it, you might be able to put it to some use rather than throwing it away, and letting you know how I put it to use.

Now please stay tuned for my previous review. Also look in the photos for a beautiful picture of me with this product. You'll know it when you see it. *hint* it's unattractive
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear makeup guru on YouTube who advised me to buy this,

YOU ARE A FILTHY ROTTEN LIAR MA'AM.

PRODUCT CLAIMS VS. REALITY:

*natural looking radiance/yeah maybe, if you have flawless skin and don't need any coverage
*sheer color/if by "sheer color" you mean "absolutely no color" than YES. IT MOST DEFINITELY DOES PROVIDE SHEER COLOR.
*All day hydration/I don't think the word "hydration" means what CoverGirl thinks it means. My skin was not hydrated. It was a complete oil slick.
*Improves skin elasticity/I have no idea how CG thinks they can do this. Just stop.
*SPF 15/I'll give them this. It does have spf. Along with every BB cream/foundation out there. Nothing special.
*Blends effortlessly/yes it does blend effortlessly. BECAUSE IT'S BASICALLY JUST A MOISTURIZER WITH NO COLOR WHATSOEVER.
*Lightweight/This provides no coverage at all, you're just putting lotion on your face. So yes, it is indeed lightweight.
*Helps skin feel smooth/YES BECAUSE IT'S JUST A MOISTURIZER.
*Covers to help instantly improve skins appearance/NO. I'M DONE. I'M DONE WITH COVERGIRL AND THEIR BLATANT LIES.

For reference I am the lightest shade 805. In the foundations, I get this shade, and it is just awful, it oxidizes a shade darker. However, with this product, it's the complete opposite. It's absolutely awful because it doesn't cover up ANYTHING AT ALL. I basically wasted my money, because all it does for me is moisturize, and I could get a way better moisturizer than this for way less.

This may be a godsend for ladies who get a darker shade than me, because it may provide more coverage, but for me, it didn't even cover areas that had just slight redness.

If you a lighter skin tone, with any sort of redness whatsoever, just don't waste your money ladies, it's definitely not worth it.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Raeshelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This BB cream is AWFUL!!!! It looked orange!!! it also left my face EXTREMELY shiny even with a powder, and my natually oily skin didnt help! dont get this!! waste of your money! It also made me break out along my jawline! I have yet to find a good drugstore BB cream...:( stila is the way to go for bb creams, or smashbox!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Caramaria

I purchased this because I heard it was the same as their tinted moisturizer that had disappeared - and according to my mom in law - it is the same! Wish I had tried it sooner! Less than $10.00 a tube and fabulous. I have waited 3 weeks to review this and I have only good things to say. No scent, not sticky, doesn't oxidize on my skin or clog my pores. Feels lightweight and comfy on, never greasy. Applies smoothly. I get just the right amount of coverage. For light scars or healing scars - it blends and almost completely covers them. Even that redness that seems to always be around the edges of my outer nose - blends it in with my skin tone.

I noticed a review that mentions a scent and stickiness? I don't get that at all - no scent or stickiness. Just smooth application and the perfect amount of moisture and coverage. I NEVER powder over top. This is important as my age 50 skin cannot take that powder mineral makeup at all anymore (Bare Escentuals - my former love - I'm talking to you!). This CG product leaves my skin with the perfect glow and makes me feel more comfortable in my skin.

Application: I read through the reviews and took the suggestions to heart. I apply my favorite moisturizer first as I do have dry skin. Then I apply this BB cream (really a tinted moisturizer) with a dabbing/tapping motion to the areas where the sun would hit (if I allowed it to). This gives me a natural look and helps to just blend dark shadows away. Then I come back and put a bit more on the apples of my cheeks - but with that same dabbing/tapping method. It gives my cheeks a pop of warmth without using blush and I love the effect.

I chose the dark to medium shade for my light to medium skin. I chose it because it is a light coverage cream and I desired more color. This shade still works with my skin. I do not apply it all over as I would a lotion - just where I explained above. When I add the additional product to the apples of my cheeks it deepens the shade and gives me a sunny glow.

Love this SO much that I bought 2 backup tubes. The medium to dark shade is always sold out in the store. I ordered my first tube from Drugstore.com. LOVE THIS!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by dbnsjsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried a couple of different BB Creams, and have generally found that I prefer them over traditional foundation. CoverGirl is one of my favorite drugstore brands, and I'm a big fan of their tinted moisturizer, so I jumped at the chance to give the CG brand BB Cream a shot. Unfortunately, it just isn't a great product. Basically, this gives the same coverage as the CG Tinted Moisturizer, but feels much less pleasant on the skin. It feels oily and perhaps a bit sticky at first, as well. All in all, I'd say as far as BB Creams go, I'd recommend any other brand. Swing and a miss, CoverGirl. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does not compare to Garnier. The product is too thick and too scented. The finish is kind of chalky. Sticking with the other brand.