September 18, 2014 | 1794 users online

BB Cream - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This product was recommended by my sister in law who hardly needs coverage. I hesitated to try it because I like medium+ coverage for my acne scars. I was pleasantly surprise that this bb cream combined with my Laura Gellar powder looks great for about 4 hours. I only use this on my days off. On its own, this bb cream does nothing... Not sure if I would buy it again because I want something with more coverage and lasting powder, but this is good in a pinch...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mjlu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

**First off, I think many are aware this isn't a BB Cream but the CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer repackaged (now updated with more SPF). Anyone buying should be aware it is simply a tinted moisturizer.**

During the winter and spring my skin is extremely dry, and this is great! Its moisturizing, it gives just a small hint of color and my skin looks dewy. For a drugstore product I get a lot out of this. However, this will only cover minimal redness, I'm lucky that my skin is currently in great condition. For those needing more coverage, do not buy this, it doesn't do much and you won't be satisfied. I think people with oily skin will also not like this, I imagine it would be greasy and unpleasant.

In short: If you have dry skin and want the barest of coverage then I suggest checking it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the Fair/Light shade in the newer formula that boasts an SPF 21. Basically this is a tinted moisturizer. It's really lightweight and does a terrific job of evening out my skintone. I use this every morning after cleaning and before I add any other makeup. This really works with my super sensitive, ultra pale skin. It's not too pink which I often find is the case with products like these. I will definately repurchase. And at about $6 bucks a tube I can afford to!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by buttercup204

I use this everyday and it's smooth, moisturizers well all day and is fairly sheer for my workday look. I like that it has anti aging and SPF (though I'd prefer it be a broad spectrum SPF so I put SPF on underneath for extra coverage there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by liveandlove788

I love this stuff! I've been using it for a year now (only gone through 3 bottles) and it's fantastic. It's sheer coverage, but with a little concealer and powder you'll be fine. It's light and soaks in quickly and doesn't feel greasy or makes your oily. I honestly feel like it's improved my skin too because it's so light...it doesn't clog your pores. I used to have very bad acne that has since cleared up and some days this is the only thing I'll put on. It gives a smooth finish and will cover any slight bumps or random redness I may have.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In terms of moisture, it's great! It went on smooth and blended seamlessly! (I debated between light/fair and light/medium, and even though I'm fair, the light/medium basically disappeared on my skin.)

However, coverage-wise, this just wasn't for me. It was very, very sheer; so sheer, in fact, that you couldn't even tell I'd put it on, especially over a few blemishes and red hyperigmentation spots I have on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Susiesugarfoot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am amazed by Cover Girl Smoother's BB Cream. It is wonderful! I am 54 and have good but very sensitive, very dry skin. I have been having trouble finding a foundation that I could wear for a while now. Because of my age, If I wear powder, stick or heavy foundations it gathers in the fine lines of my face and makes me look older. I have extremely sensitive skin and am allergic to many brands of cosmetics but I have always been able to use Cover Girl Products. I can't use many expensive brands because I am either allergic to the preservatives or the fragrance in them, yet, I have always been able to use Cover Girl. When I was younger i used Cover Girl Oil Free make up, but now my skin is older and is very dry. Cover Girl BB Smoother's is my new favorite foundation. This works wonderful for my aging skin. BB Smothers cream goes on like a moisturizer but provides light make up cover. It makes my skin look healthy, dewy and fresh! It never gather's in my fine lines. I look younger with it on and get many compliments when I wear it. I wish Cover Girl would come out with a full line of BB Smoother's cosmetics to go along with it such as blushes and lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by bananacrazy10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm new to bb creams, but out of the ones I've tried, this is definitely the best! I have the lightest skin tone ever, so I have trouble finding makeup to match, but this one actually matches my skin tone. :) It goes on real well and looks very natural, and it gives generally good coverage. I have oily skin, so I have to wear powder over it, but over all I love this product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have pretty much stopped using foundation--I just can get it to look natural--likely my fault, but there you are. CG Smoothers BB cream is pretty minimal coverage, but a good base for the powder to follow, and it's a physical sunscreen--great for those of us who can't handle avobenzone. You can get it for less than $6 at Walmart, and I recommend applying generously for a little more coverage and sun protection.

If you are looking for even medium coverage, this is not your product. But for what I need, it's great! Just a little polish.

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank! COVER GIRL PLEASE STOP TESTING ON ANIMALS!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff doesn't live up to having the multiple benefits of a bb cream but its good as a basic tinted moisturizer. i like it for no-makeup days to moisturize and even things out as well as cover some minor blemishes and redness.