Cover Girl CG Smoothers BB Cream

3.3

on 12/2/2014 10:02:00 PM

I bought this to replace my Maybelline BB cream. Huge mistake. I bought the lightest color and it was still too dark. The formula was watery at best and it didn't help correct anything. After an hour, my skin felt oily and by the next day, I was completely broke out. Overall, this was a total waste of money.

on 10/8/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this as a replacement for my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream (would have repurchased the Maybelline one but the store I was at didn't have it) and I was majorly disappointed. The coverage is very poor and I might as well have just skipped it altogether. It didn't give my skin that healthy glow that BB cream is supposed to do for you. Probably one of CG's worst products to date.

on 9/26/2014 1:34:00 PM

Average quality cosmetic - my reason for choosing this brand of bb cream was that it was on sale for like $7.00 or $8.00. I've never had any bad reactions to any makeup including cover girl products, but this stuff felt like it was acid etching my face. Proceed with caution especially if you have sensitive skin. My recommendation is if you want a fairly strong bb cream go with garnier (around $14 Canadian) or for sheer coverage NYC bb cream (concealer underneath) and layer bb cream as needed ($5 canadian walmart).

I actually liked this and I did not expect that I would. I am not generally a fan of Cover Girl (except their mascara) but this was marked down to 2 bucks at Target so what the hell?

It has only very light coverage which I like because the heavier the coverage the older I seem to look. It feels slightly sticky while it's wet but that doesn't bother me, I kind of like it because it gives a dewy finish and I'm obsessed with dewy. It does very well with a smidge of under eye concealer and cheek stain.

I would buy it again but I probably wouldn't pay for than $5.

on 9/11/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this at the beginning of summer thinking it would be great for days of hanging by the pool or going to the beach and not wanting to wear a full face of makeup. I liked the idea of very light coverage, moisturization, and some SPF. It however, didn’t seem to give ANY coverage and left my skin feeling greasy and oily looking, even when I lightly applied it. I also found myself breaking out more than normal after using this for a couple days. After just a couple uses I had to give it away, and that person ended up just throwing it away because she had the same results I did. If you’re looking for a tinted moisturizer and don’t have acne prone or oily skin you may like this, but this was definitely not the product for me, and I think the description of BB cream is misleading.

on 9/8/2014 7:12:00 PM

I put the bb cream on my face and within 2 minutes I broke and got an allergic reaction. I never break out and I rarely get acne until I put it on my skin. Very unhappy

I love this product!!
It's strong enough to even out my skin tone and remove redness from my acne, but it isn't heavy or "cakey" which makes it perfect for those of us who hate feeling like they're wearing a mask.
When I use this product, I don't need to put on any moisturizers underneath, so my face doesn't get oily either. Sometimes I need to use an oil-blotting sheet, but usually I can get through the day with just putting on this product and heading out.

Breaks me out....NO coverage at all:(

on 8/6/2014 5:42:00 PM

This was the very first tinted moisturizer I have tried and I still use it even after it became a bbcream but it's still a similar formula.(on my second tube)

It's a very good product for a light everyday makeup look. It lasts a long time.
It's a bit on the oily side which is good for combination skin or skin leaning towards the more dry side. It gives little coverage but evens out blemishes fairly well. I plan to try maybellines dream fresh bbcream next but this bbcream is definitely worth a try!

Before I start I have to say my skin is pretty much recovering from a really bad year. I broke out like crazy last year and I have some scars left, so I'm very careful to what I place on my skin. I have also stopped wearing foundation over the summer which pretty much rejuvenated my skin to say the least.

Anyway, this BB cream saved my skin. Many people here are complaining about how it gives minimal coverage, but I really don't mind that! It matches my skin tone perfectly and within 10 minutes my skin looks so much better. The redress my skin usual has goes away! It's perfect for work and school! I used to wear heavy foundation to "cover" my acne (quotations are used because it didn't cover crap) and now all I need to use is this bb cream and concealer to cover my scars! It's perfect. My face feels lighter and healthier with this product. 5/5 stars.