August 1, 2014 | 1924 users online

BB Cream - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Susiesugarfoot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am amazed by Cover Girl Smoother's BB Cream. It is wonderful! I am 54 and have good but very sensitive, very dry skin. I have been having trouble finding a foundation that I could wear for a while now. Because of my age, If I wear powder, stick or heavy foundations it gathers in the fine lines of my face and makes me look older. I have extremely sensitive skin and am allergic to many brands of cosmetics but I have always been able to use Cover Girl Products. I can't use many expensive brands because I am either allergic to the preservatives or the fragrance in them, yet, I have always been able to use Cover Girl. When I was younger i used Cover Girl Oil Free make up, but now my skin is older and is very dry. Cover Girl BB Smoother's is my new favorite foundation. This works wonderful for my aging skin. BB Smothers cream goes on like a moisturizer but provides light make up cover. It makes my skin look healthy, dewy and fresh! It never gather's in my fine lines. I look younger with it on and get many compliments when I wear it. I wish Cover Girl would come out with a full line of BB Smoother's cosmetics to go along with it such as blushes and lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by bananacrazy10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm new to bb creams, but out of the ones I've tried, this is definitely the best! I have the lightest skin tone ever, so I have trouble finding makeup to match, but this one actually matches my skin tone. :) It goes on real well and looks very natural, and it gives generally good coverage. I have oily skin, so I have to wear powder over it, but over all I love this product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mccann_lisa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this, followed by Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls in Beige Pearl, on lazy, no makeup days, and also in the summer when I know that I'll be out in the sun. It's pretty minimal coverage, but a good base for the powder to follow, and it's a physical sunscreen--great for those of us who can't handle avobenzone. You can get it for less than $6 at Walmart, and I recommend applying generously for a little more coverage and sun protection.

If you are looking for even medium coverage, this is not your product. But for what I need, it's great! Just a little polish for weekends and such.

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff doesn't live up to having the multiple benefits of a bb cream but its good as a basic tinted moisturizer. i like it for no-makeup days to moisturize and even things out as well as cover some minor blemishes and redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kohana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping for more coverage. However, this feels really nice as a moisturizer, and my skin has never felt smoother or softer. Never used face moisturizers before, but now I'm discovering my skin feels much better with one. While I probably will try out other BB creams that I can use alone, I will use this up as a layering product. I put a light foundation over top, and it seems like I don't need as much when I do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

No question about it, Cover Girl's CG Smoothers BB Cream is NOT a true BB cream. Furthermore, I think that its coverage is so shear that it doesn't really qualify as a TM either. My overall impression of CG Smoothers BB Cream is that its a good, light moisturizing lotion which imparts an ever-so-light, tinted glow to the skin. If you're looking for ANY coverage, AT ALL, this is NOT for you. If you're only looking to achieve a dewy, slightly "glowy" look & need a light moisturizer, you'll like this.

BTW, I'm not sure picking the right color range matters much here because there's not much color in the product, but just for reference, I'm an NC 20-25 & Light to Medium "color" disappeared well into my skin & didn't turn me orange.

PROS:
-This is the one, BIG PRO!!! - it did not break me out and that's a very big deal as most everything, especially products w/ SPF cause me to break out.
-2nd big plus-Price is great-think I paid around $7 (US) at Target.
-Packaging is OK-functional but nothing fancy.
-adds a slight glow & is a good, light moisturizing lotion
-"glow"/slight tint didn't turn me orange

CONS:
-Color/coverage provided is nil-to-none
-Scent- not a big CON but it definitely smells like sunscreen when 1st applied although scent quickly dissipates.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok, so no, this is not your typical BB cream, acting more like a tinted moisturizer instead...

But, within the tinted moisturizer kind of context, it is absolutely AWESOME.

I use this on a daily basis when I'm not really in the mood for makeup but still need a moisturizer/sunscreen and still want to look good but in a more subtle kind of way that fools people in to thinking I'm not wearing any makeup at all. The moisturizer properties are fantastic and it really has improved the health and overall appearance of my skin over time. The tint isn't the best, but the finish is very nice and "fresh faced" without being too dewey/shiny. It's melted away most of my "worry line" between my brows, smoothed my skin, and minimized my pores. It feels more like a water based gel than a moisturizer going on, very lightweight, smooth, kind of cool, quenching with no greasiness, and it soaks right in to my skin and STAYS there. I can sweat my butt off all day and it will not smear nor will I feel it oozing out of my pores... it's like it just becomes one with my skin and that's that... I never notice it's on at all. It has not caused even ONE pimple the entire time I've used it (about 4 months of almost completely daily use). I've honestly never came across any moisturizer or bb cream period that makes my skin as happy as this "bb cream" does. I love the way it feels going on, I love the way it feels as I wear it (like I haven't put anything on at all), and I love what it does for my skin's appearance and overall well being. I really hope this product stays around for a long, long time...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is like a very lightly tinted moisturizer. It can conceal minor redness and even out skin, but it won't do anything else. I like to use this in the winter months when my skin is dry. I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin or for people who are looking for coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily dehydrated flaky skin. I am NW 20 for reference. I purchased light medium.

this is my first BB and I have to say that I really love it for my skin. considering we are in the dead of a frigid winter and my skin is flaky and basically psychotic the fact that this leaves me with smooth skin is nothing short of a miracle.

I apply moisturizer first. Then I apply a thin coat of this product. Then I finish with my cover girl sensitive skin powder.

this product helps conceal my pores and makes my skin look nice but naked. I do use concealer over any visits or spots.

I am very breakout prone so I will see how this is doing after a week or so. But as of right now I am a fan.

this BB has no added fragrance which is a must for me because I am highly sensitive to fragrance. There is a slight sent but it is not offensive to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

This bb cream is a lot more of a slightly tinted moisturizer. Very little coverage, and I found it made my skin very oily by the end of the day. It's not a terrible product for the price, but I probably wouldn't purchase again.