Chanel Coco Noir

3.7

on 9/21/2014 10:59:00 PM

Just tried the new Coco Noir pure perfume and body Creme. It smells so beyond amazing I turn myself on!! The notes are totally different than the EDP. The pure perfume contains vanilla sandalwood and bergamot. Run, don't walk, and experience this incredible scent

on 9/2/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I didn't like Coco Noir when it first came out, but my nose is getting used to the woods used in Noir and in many other fragrances today. In addition to woods, I get patchouli, powder, raspberry, and the same bakery-vanilla that I get in Chance edp. Occasionally a hint of the incense of Coco peeks out at the final drydown. Very comfortable, complex, versatile fragrance that "grows on you" to the point of being addictive. Coco Noir is very much it's own fragrance with only a hint of similarity to other fragrances in the Chanel portfolio. The Coco Noir black-and-gold bottle is so elegant and classic. Full bottle worthy for me.

More wearable than the original Coco, but I still recommend Chance or Mademoiselle over this. Coco Noir is another typical older lady fragrance imo.

on 4/16/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Coco Noir reminds me in some aspects of Tom Ford's (now discontinued) Black Orchid Voile de Fleur. To my nose, both scents open with Jasmine, and are overloaded with a similar mix of heavy, syrupy floral notes. To be clear, I love wearing Jasmine in many of Chanel's classic fragrances, but the florals in Coco Noir are way too sweet for my liking and I find it very cloying on my skin. I first tried Coco Noir around its launch during the holidays in 2013, attracted by the beautiful bottle and the reference to "Noir". I sprayed it on a card and was very unimpressed. On my skin, I didn't like it either, but this week I decided to revisit Coco Noir after visiting the Chanel counter for a makeup purchase. I was given a sample but again, Coco and I did not click in any way that would lead to a full bottle purchase. I like my fragrances to last and have sillage, Tom Ford's original Black Orchid is one of my staples, and a prime example of a "Noir" fragrance in my book. While the lasting power is good, unfortunately Coco Noir does not work for me in any other regard. I would have loved to take home one of those stunning black bottles, but it was not meant to be. Alas, at least my wallet rejoices.

I LOVE this perfume soooo much! It's amazing, I don't understand why it got so much hate here. Forget the scent, can we talk about packaging?! When I first took it out of the box I was almost turned on by how sexy it looked. So sleek and chic and sophisticated. To be honest when i first smelt it before i sprayed it, i didn't like it, i thought it smelt too strong and too old-lad-ish. But when i actually sprayed on i was blown away. It lasts forever! I love sweet scents and this was that and much more, it has flowery notes too and they all combine together beautifully. It's very expensive but I think it's totally worth the money. You don't need too much of it because it's so potent and scent lingers for a long time. A lot of people compare it to Coco mademoiselle and I kinda agree with that. I loved Coco mademoiselle too but it became very popular very fast and even though it also smells amazing, everyone wears it or knows the scent, while this one is relatively new scent and you don't risk running into bunch of people wearing same scent as you. This might not be a big plus for you but it is for me. I don't really care if someone is wearing same top as me but when someone smells like me i kinda get little bit annoyed, idk that's kinda like my weird pet peeve.

on 3/24/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I remember when this arrived at the store where I work. I ran over with the tester to the Chanel counter and grabbed a blotter. Sprayed the blotter, waved it about to let the alcohol evaporate, and fanned it under my nose. EEEUUUWW! Not impressed, and pretty disappointed.
Before Christmas '13, they sent us a bunch of Chanel samples - Mademoiselle, Coco, Coco Noir, Chance, and Number 5. One of the girls in another department came by and asked for samples after I had given a few to someone else. A couple days later she came back and asked for more samples of Noir, said she really liked it. I was kind of surprised, I figured older women would like it much more than young women. The samples are all long gone, but that same girl still asks every once in a while if I have received any more.
It amazed me that she liked it so well, so I figured I should try to put it on, see if I was missing out on something. I picked up the tester and sprayed one pump on the back of my neck. Went about my day, and would frequently catch wafts of loveliness. By the time I got home that night, I loved it. LOVED it! It's sultry, in a slow-burn way. Mademoiselle is sultry in a rather in-your-face way.
I really can't pick apart the notes. As another reviewer said, it is very well blended. I can only say, to me, it smells very burnt-orange. Doesn't smell black at all. It's dark enough to be good for nighttime, and light enough to be good for daytime. It lends itself well to any season, although I'll probably hold off during the summer - I have other light, fresh fragrances that will get more attention at that time!
This one is a keeper!

on 10/25/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am a man and I wear Coco Noir. I love the spicy fragrance which makes this perfume acceptable for a man to wear. My wife bought me my own bottle for christmas :-)

I think it can best be described as made for a woman but strong enough for a man.

Call me girly if you want to but my favorite fragrance to wear is Coco Noir by Chanel.

The title "Noir" is entirely appropriate: The fragrance has ingredients you will find in Noir scents. It is also about as "Noir" as today's woman wants to get. You have to look at ANY fragrance in perspective, considering the tastes of the time. We are also a global market more than ever, and perfume houses take that into consideration. I love that there is a very large size shower gel and body lotion for Coco Noir now, an excellent value for the money, and they have a beautiful smell. So let your imagination carry you away and allow yourself to luxuriate in this creation that has a very inspiration back-story!

on 9/15/2013 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Once again from the house of Chanel... a winner. My mother and I were introduced to Coco Noir while visiting the Chanel counter of Nordstrom. The lovely SA told us it was new. It blew us both away immediately. Now, I am already the owner of Chance and Coco Mad - both of which I adore. CN, however, MUST soon be added to my collection. I don't think I can live without it. (Fellow perfume addicts -you'll understand what I mean!)

Coco Noir is strong, bold, and sexy. Yet at the same time, universally flattering and unobtrusive. She definitely has a nighttime mood to her but the right person could pull her off during the day. The projection is strong, but, like I said, unobtrusive because despite her strength, there is a delicateness about her - my mother walked in and out of my room and left behind her a gorgeous trail of something I couldn't pinpoint (as I didn't know she'd applied her CN sample), but just smelled really, really freakin good.

I could see CN being a perfume for every age of woman from her 20s on up. Different from Chanel's other offerings, and a must have for me. Yum.

on 8/29/2013 5:12:00 PM

I love the original Coco, a warm, spicy Oriental, so I thought that I'd probably love this too. I like it, but I don't love it. It doesn't remind me of the original at all - it's a pretty floral, nice but not particularly unique or noteworthy.

Popular Fragrances