October 1, 2014 | 1977 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

I really wanted to love this product, but it just didn't happen for me. The reviews were so glowing claiming it was like 'magic in a bottle', but I found it to be so disappointing.

I have combination dry skin. I don't really have many blemishes, and not that much to cover up.

My expectations: to have glowing skin that is radiant, and looks natural all day.

Outcomes: the foundation seems to be a bit too dark on my skin. The cosmetic person matched me to BD50, but I believe I have neutral skin tones. The colour makes me look ashen and gives me this weird OILY downcast after 3 hours. When first applied, it's nice but the staying power is not so great - 4 hours tops. Moreover, it sits in dry patches for me.

I'm not saying this is a bad foundation, what I'm saying is I don't get all the hype over this product. There are plenty of foundations that can compete with touche eclait.

Won't be repurchasing. Don't make my mistake and believe all the hype - go out and grab a tester if you'd like to try it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit- stupid me. regret getting it as i checked my face in mirror sometimes in different lighings (daylight)--it has a sort of greasy ashy glow, like sunscreen would ---so no, no repurchase. the colour seems to have oxidized from the one i was originally matched to so it has darkened and matches better. perhaps if u get matched in store before buying it, make sure it's a bit pale for you, cuz it certainly seems to darken after opening the bottle.
=
I was working off a generous sample which lasted for a few days (and is still going strong, I can get a week more out of it) but I will have to stop. No colour match (the salesgirl tried for ages to match me but nothing matched--I hoped I could make it work, but the difference is quite obv.) + breaks down during the day + breaks me out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation because I got tanned after my summer vacation, and really wanted to try something new less covering than my 'winter foundation'. This foundation was exactly what I was looking for. It has a sheer coverage but is definitely buildable. It really gives my skin the glowing, healthy look that I've been looking for for a long time. Don't think it suits oily skin, so make sure to test it beforehand!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Alisonswindells

Absolutely adore this foundation, I went out with intentions of buying illamasqua skin base but I decided to try something lighter. I have always used mac face and body but I can only where it for nights out and a few hours in the day, it gives me spots but I thought it was due to my sensitive skin. My boyfriend persuaded me to try something new and assured me I didn't need heavy coverage, and I was drawn in by the gorgeous packaging and cheaper price. I put this on and it feels like you're putting a gel on your face, which was perfect for my dry skin. I wore it for a full 8 hours and when I took it off, no spots! So I put it on the next day for about 5 hours and again I have no new spots. I'm so happy because it looks even nicer than my mac. This is my new favourite foundation, recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely GORGEOUS foundation. My former HG was Guerlain's Lingerie de Peau, and although I still adore it, I think the Teint Touche Eclat is just that TINY bit better... it's definitely edged up to HG foundation no. 1 for me!

(I'll note for reference that I have both extremely dry and extremely pale skin.)

I didn't initially love the Teint Touche Eclat - the colour (B10) was perfect for me but it seemed to sit a little patchily on my skin. After playing around with it however, I found this to be purely due to my application method: I had been stippling with my Shiseido foundation brush, but I found that I achieved a far more perfect application by buffing it into the skin with a Real Techniques stippling brush.

After I sorted out my problems with application, I can say that I absolutely adore this foundation - it can give a flawless finish, a little goes a long way, it doesn't oxidise on me, it does a pretty good job of covering minor blemishes on its own, gives a natural finish, and feels light on the skin - not to mention it lasted me all day. Like I stated before, I have very dry skin, so staying power/appearance might be different for more oily skinned ladies.

I love that there is a wide selection of shades with yellow, neutral, and pink undertones - it's SO nice to be able to shade match without difficulty. In fact, I was able to match my skin with just YSL's online swatches. That said, there is a wide range of pale and "tan" shades, but not nearly as many for darker skin tones - just something to be aware of or test out before buying.

The consistency of this foundation is a creamy liquid, and packaging is YSL's typical gorgeous luxe packaging - gold cap and glass bottle - some people are a little wary of a glass bottle, but I personally love it. Price is reasonable for a high-end/designer foundation (£30), and totally worth it in my opinion... also fairly cost effective as a little does go a long way.

The only "con" to this product was that I had to play around a bit before I found a perfect application method - otherwise, this foundation is absolutely stunning! I LOVE this foundation, definitely HG for me, and I will 100% repurchase when the time comes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely gel foundation which gives my dry skin a soft dewy glow.
The colours run in three undertones, Beige, Beige Rose (pink undertone)' and Beige Dore (gold undertone), with a depth of 1-10. I have it in the shade BD60, which is the closest match to my NC44 South Asian skin. For me it is not quite yellow/gold enough, and the next shade up (B70) is too dark and not gold enough. I get around this by wearing it in the centre of my face with a richer shade of another foundation on the perimeter of my face.

Anyway, colour match aside I have been enjoying the finish of this foundation which lasts a good 6-7 hours on a spring day (In the heat it melts away too fast). It is of a thick consistency and I find that it applies best with my fingers. It is of medium coverage, and has a very natural, true finish. None of that cheap, powdery, cakey, ashy business.

The down side of it is that I have noticed that it doesn't mix well with other liquids such as liquid illuminators, bronzers or blush, but I'm sure there must be ways of getting around that. Overall, I'm very happy with this glowy, flattering foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes for this foundation however for me it didn't work out :-( I have combination oily skin and I was lucky to get 4 hours out of this foundation without it sliding of my face. On a massive positive - the colour of this foundation was PERFECT and it blended beautifully. I have no doubt this foundation would be perfect for someone with normal skin. Just not for me sadly :-( my search continues.....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by KillerFashion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, it's my favourite and my holy grail!

This is a super light foundation. You only need a pea amount of it to cover your face. I get a really great coverage with this, because it’s so easy to spread and blends perfectly, and definitely doesn’t make my make up look ‘cakey’. It’s a really good base for all skin tones, as there are many different shades, all which use SPF19 broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was the 2nd high end foundation I purchased. After using bare minerals for so long I wanted to change to a liquid foundation. I didn't go out shopping with the intention of buying this, but when I picked up a ysl lipstick I was given 2 free samples of this. The 2 free sample bottles lasted me about 3 month! I didn't even finish the first bottle before I went out and purchased the full size. I paid £31.50 for this, which considering the high end brand label, packaging and the amount of product in the bottle wasn't so shocking. It isn't entirely worth the money. I'd say this was worth paying more around the £25 mark.
This isn't my Holy Grail foundation. My skin is not flawless, it has imperfections like under skin blemishes and redness, so obviously I want a medium coverage to disguise my insecurities, and this foundation is only light coverage. It leaves my dry skin looking satin, smooth and a little dewy. I still need a light dusting of powder. I find 1 pump covers my entire face. 2 if I'm having a bad skin day and need extra coverage. My bottle is going to last for a very long time, which could explain the cost too.
A great spring summer foundation for those that like light silky shiny coverage in these seasons.
When I have no blemishes and barely any redness, this makes my face look photoshopped, but that is a rare occasion.
Definitely has the highlighting glow that it's supposed to, great for radiance. I can barely feel this on my face and it works well with concealer and primer underneath it. I first applied this with a real techniques brush but now I use my fingers just for quickness and getting into tight areas such as those around my eyes.
The packaging is gorgeous though, looks lovely on my dressing table!
Overall a 4/5, just want more coverage and a cheaper price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by holgrace95

This is one of the most beautiful foundations i have ever used and continue to purchase again and again! In the quest to find the perfect foundation I have tried various high end and high street brands but have always been drawn back to this particular one. It only gives a low to medium coverage and wouldn't really be suitable for oily skin but for my dry/normal skin it looks wonderful, it makes my skin look beautifully glowy and adds just the perfect amount of dewiness, very flattering especially when paired with the mac mineralize skinfinish natural. I find that it stays well on the skin for around 8 hours in both winter and summer and the colour range and packaging are both huge pros. The only real con is the cost, which is an issue because i find I go through this foundation faster than any others due to it's very runny texture and light coverage. However if you are looking for a high end foundation that gives you that gorgeous glowy and illuminated look that perhaps you don't use everyday then this is just perfect.