August 29, 2014 | 1705 users online

BB Cream - Annabelle - bb cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by menzognero

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love it! the product is really nice, for a moderate price. the bb cream really just smooths out some blemishes. which i'm okay with, i've got concealer for the worst bits. the colour that anabelle bb comes in works great with asian skin tone, pretty much a perfect match when blended in. my only gripe is that he bottle top is kinda flimsy, after a while of using it, the cap grooves came off. but i will definitely buy again, just be careful with the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

Out of all the drug store BB creams I've tested in-store, Annabelle's is the closest consistency to a real BB cream (through observation, I've never actually used a real Asian BB cream before). It's thicker in texture and actually provides coverage somewhat, unlike all the other watery, "skin tone adjusting", grey/orangey sorry excuses for a BB cream from other popular drug store brands that are more akin to fancy tinted moisturizers (and it's actually yellow enough for those who have yellow undertones). It's a passable BB cream for a decent price, 9-$13 CAD when on sale.

It claims to: blurs imperfections, and improves skin tone brighten, prime, control oil, hydrate, and protect against uvb (but not uva). Also says it's hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, pareben-free, oil-free and fragrance-free.

True:
- it covers some redness, evens out skin and brightens a bit but doesn't really "boost skin with instance radiance"/not glowy. It won't completely cover blemishes raised or flat.
- There are silicones in this so it could act as a primer for makeup.
- it won't fix pre-existing flakes but it guess it moisturizes somewhat, I can't tell very well since I get oily.
- there is spf 15 (but this is negligible since you need at least spf 30)

Did not do/other cons:
- did not control oil. I have combination skin and my t-zone got pretty oily when I wear this by itself. A light dusting of powder over it will help a bit but you'll still need to blot.
- the packaging is cheap. Part of the groove that the cap twists into broke off after a few uses. Be careful not to twist too hard to close it.
- it separates a bit sometimes and an oily looking fluid will come out along with the cream. I shake the tube every time I use it now to prevent this.
- only 2 shades, light /medium and medium/dark. It does say that the pigments are supposed to match your skin but usually you should take those claims with a grain of salt.
- no fragrance but smells kind of sourish, from the sunscreen no doubt. You can only smell it when it's wet and you're applying it though.

Overall I really like this BB cream. It's readily available in drug stores and the like (in Canada), easy to use and provides adequate results. It's not long lasting but good for when you don't want to do a full face of makeup or as a primer/base(on top of a mattifying moisturizer) when you want to use less foundation or just concealer and you don't need to use a lot of it (I use about a pea-sized amount, dot it all over and pat it in). You can also apply more BB cream on top of redness in the usual areas that are still visible. It hasn't broken me out, but if you are sensitive to silicones you may want to avoid this as it has quite a lot of silicones in it.

I don't need a BB cream, though it is nice to have on hand and would repurchase if on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the finish and color, I use the light, however I can only use this in the summer because the lightest is still a bit too dark for me in the winter. I use Marcelle in the winter. I like that it has spf 15 and feels moisturizing. Blurs imperfections. i do set this will Marcelle translucent powder. I would repurchase but i think this will last me all summer and by then its back to marcelle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of the better drugstore BB creams I've tried! I find it a bit too yellow for lazy day use; my skintone is neutral so I find that I need a bit of blush or bronze to make it look more like my skin. The finish is very nice though, in my opinion this is medium coverage.. some people say it is light but then I really dislike heavy foundation, on me or anyone else. This product is a liquid but is still creamy and emollient. It goes on nicely, wears nicely. Didn't make my skin react, didn't cling to imperfections. One complaint would be that in my slightly-oily t-zone the weartime is not amazing without a powder; it's not so much that it sinks in or wears/melts off, it is that once the oil in my skin starts to come out after some hours, the product becomes extremely transfer-prone. Second complaint is packaging; after having this for awhile the black on the outside began to flake off onto my hands whenever I picked it up, and then onto my face when I applied the bb cream if I didn't notice! Also, I brought this to work with me at a ski resort several times and the pressure from the altitude made product shoot out every time I opened it up. Great bb for normal, yellowtoned skin, comparable to the more expensive Marcelle BB cream in quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by charb3

This was the better of the bb creams that I purchased. Thicker consistency with a nice yellow undertone. It did not break me out which is always a plus! The coverage is fairly sheer, but I am still on the hunt for the perfect bb cream - but this one is close!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by karebeaarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Overall this product wasn't too bad. It only has an SPF of 15, which is on the lower end. I have oily skin, and this product didnt really help control the oil, especially my nose area. I found that the oil around my nose that was secreted, actually made the product kind of break apart, to the point where I could see the oil mixed in with the cream. It's not too much coverage; it feels light and covers some redness but not completely. I have a yellow undertone to my skin and this product also has a yellow tone to it, so it looked very natural. Whereas other bb creams usually has a pink or ivory tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this BB Cream in comparison to the Marcelle BB Cream had a slightly thinner, lighter consistency and not as much coverage, more light/medium where Marcelle is a solid medium coverage. But it is build able if you let the first layer dry. I usually apply a layer, let it dry and then reapply a bit more to my cheeks. The finish is a lovely satin finish. I love how it perfects my skin without making me look made up. I have dry skin with exception of my t-zone and I found this did not accentuate any flakes, fine lines or dry skin. Just moisturize well prior to applying. This wears well and lasts me through a full day, I only need to blot my t-zone mid day.

I prefer this BB Cream better than the Marcelle because the color suits me better. Since it is more yellow toned it covers my redness better. I am also half Asian so I have more yellow tones to my skin. I have very sensitive skin and this did not break me out or cause my eczema to flare. Overall a great product that has become my daily staple. I purchased this in Med/Dark. For reference I am NC37(winter), NC40(summer).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

I love all Annabelle products so when I was looking for a BB cream and found out Annabelle had one, I bought it thinking it would be amazing... Sadly, I was wrong! I have Ivory skin so I bought the lightest one which is Light/Medium. It blended out fine on my hand at the store but when I went to use it on my face it ended up being a lot darker than my actual skin tone (possibly because of the yellow undertone). I tried applying it a few times with different brushes, but it just never turned out right (I think because my skin has a pink undertone). I always set my foundation so I did the same thing and set this BB cream with a powder since I have combination skin and can sometimes get oily in my T zone. After about 3 hours of wearing the BB cream with my powder, it looked horrible up close in the mirror. Some parts of my face were darker than others and it looked like it was coming off my face in spots!! Thank God I was at a dark pub, other wise I would have freaked!
Another thing was that it looked like I was wearing heavy foundation (which it says it's suppose to have skin matching blendable pigments). I'm upset that Annabelle only came out with 3 shades...Especially since the light one isn't right for anyone with an Ivory skin tone that has a pink undertone. I'm sad that this BB cream didn't work for me because it got really good reviews.
The packaging is nice, you get a decent amount of product (40mL), and SPF 15 is always a good thing; it just didn't work out for me as I'd hoped.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Glossifyed

I love this product. It comes in a hygienic tube. My shade is light/medium which has a yellow tinge but suits me fine (I'm from Pakistan so olive skinned). It has a smooth, creamy consistency that doesn't feel heavy once applied. If you apply too much at a time it could feel greasy so I would suggest letting the layers dry if you need to apply twice. The coverage is light-medium but great for evening out skin complexion and brightening. Never broke me out. Paired with Rimmels Stay Matte Powder and a dab of concealer here and there, this has been my face makeup for the last 6 months. I would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by veritas11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this BB cream! I picked it up during the summer on a whim -- normally I like to read reviews before I pick up a product like this, but the packaging was so darn similar to the Smashbox BB cream that I just couldn't resist! (I had tried a sample of that one and liked it as well, but can't justify the price.)

This product probably shouldn't suit me, but it does. I'm quite pale (not porcelain, but usually one of the lightest makeup shades), and have cool, pink undertones. This product is yellowish, and the lightest shade is darker than my skin, but as soon as I start blending (I like to use a stippling brush), it disappears into my skin.

I also have somewhat oily skin, and while this does give a bit of a dewy finish, it doesn't make me overly greasy. It stays well, although I do set everything with powder.

It's a bit pricier than most drugstore BB creams, but I would repurchase it. I think it's neat that Annabelle has come out with a whole line of BB products, not just a cream. I love the concealer!

I'd say the coverage is medium. It's not as light as some BB creams. For a North American drugstore BB cream, I'd say the coverage is pretty good, actually. It's buildable too -- I usually put an extra layer over my cheeks where I've got some light acne scarring and it covers pretty well.

I've also gotten compliments on my makeup when I've worn this. Granted, I don't wear foundation every day, so when I do it's more likely to generate comments, but still, a compliment's a compliment, right?