December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've heard good things about it for a while and gave it a go.

My skin is combination, leaning to very oily. I have dark circles and occasional blemishes but leave marks for months.

This foundation is VERY pigmented. Little really goes a long way. You have to work a little faster with it when blending out. But once it's on - IT'S ON.

The ultimate test was when I slapped it on before gym ( was going to just do light stretches that day) and had to run to work right after. Ended up doing massive cardio, sweating and huffing. Walked out into pouring rain and went into work. I didn't touch up because it still looked good! Made it till late evening and it looked better than any previous foundation on a non sweat- rain drenched- day. Hasn't broken me out. Hasn't settled under my eyes. Hasn't created oil slick. Full coverage.

I recommend having this even if not for everyday use. If you have a special occasion or a really long day ahead this is something you can put on and not worry about touchups. Or when your skin explodes into anger of flaming zits, this will cover it lovely.

Just be careful with picking your color, you'll need a lot of luck if you can't match it in person. I found a lot of the shades are very yellow/orange. This is thick and pigmented so there is little room left for color error. I'm very fair and cool toned, I picked #46 which is the third shade- first one is almost pure white and the second is very fair but yellow toned. Mine is fair and pink toned- pics in profile if you think you have similar tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kassey1222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been using this foundation for over a year. Seriously, this stuff is the best I've ever had. It is the most true full coverage there is. It completely conceals my acne and scars. A small amount spreads far too, you really don't need much. I'm also quite oily so I need a foundation to keep me matte and this does it! It is perfect I really can't critique anything about it. I've tried leaving it to try other foundations but I end up using this again in the end because it doesn't get any better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't say enough about this foundation I have been using the lancome Tient idole 24 hour in 100 ivory for about three years or more, I kept hearig about this stuff and finally found a store that had the light 42, I was so excited to use this Becase if all the reviews and hype about it. The hype is real!!!! I used to have to powder after about 4-5 hours when using lancome I wore this for 11 hours today and no touch up nesasary , acaully I liked how it looked as the day went on better than in the morning! You must try this and for the price it's awesome. I use about one full pump for my entire face

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

L42 here. I haaaaaated this stuff at first. I had such high hopes. In the beginning I thought it was the culprit in breaking me out (turns out it was my seaweed mask. Patch test guys!) it clung to my dry spots and looked like I had just a pure white mask on. Nothing about it was attractive. I was using a full pump to a pump and a half on my face and spread using a beauty blender. I kept it up and got through the learning curve to this stuff. Guys. USE HALF A PUMP OR LESS. Half a pump is still extreme full coverage. I now dot this on my face and leave for a second to warm up, then spread with my fingers. It was so much easier! Looks great now too, keeps the oil at bay and hardly clings to my dry patches. Less is more with this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I bought this during the Sephora VIB sale because one of the girls in line was saying how perfect this foundation is, flawless, great coverage and her mom and aunt uses it too. What a mistake, I will never buy anything without asking for a sample first...returned it after 2-3 uses. It was so thick and yucky feeling, exactly like wearing a mask, I couldn't wait to come home and wash my face, the coverage was ok but it's one of those weird foundations if you try to touch up it leaves an "unblendable hole"...do you know what I mean? It lasted on my face 3-4 hours before it got all oily and started looking weird...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Ashleynail54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I was extremely hesitant to buy this because of the price but I'm so glad I did. I have extremely oily skin and it's hard to find a good foundation but I'm pretty pleased with this. I still have to blot a few times a day but nothing like usual. It's very transfer resistant, even when I do get a little oily. It's very good coverage and it still looks good at the end of the night. I recommend this very much. I wish it was cheaper but it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mrsb622

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I'm super cheap so I did my research before I purchased it. I really really love it. I have super oily skin and this stuff works very well!! I didn't even have to use concealer. I do suggest making sure your foundation brush is damp before applying. It helps to work the product in better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Kelseyanne137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Lock-It Tattoo concealer years ago, when her line was only a few years old, and was really happy with it so I decided to give the foundation a try.

Packaging: I love the packaging. The pump makes it so easy for me to only use what I need without wasting product.

Product: It is VERY thick and smells a little like paint (not a great first impression). Honestly I didn't want to put it on my face at first because of the smell, but I gave it a try. Definitely use a damp beauty blender when applying! When I used any other brush/method it looked very thick and unnatural on my face, I had some serious cake face going on. But with my handy dandy BB I use less product, have insane coverage, and still looks natural. That being said this is still too thick to be my everyday foundation, I save this special occasions.

Wear: I have normal/oily combo skin (my T-zone is crazy oily). I usually wear some kind of a primer underneath just because I don't like the feel of a product as thick as this one sitting directly on my skin. After using my BB to apply I use a setting powder from NYX (mostly in my T-zone). This stuff doesn't move for a solid 8 hours. It usually is outwearing the rest of my face. I get FULL coverage while still looking natural that lasts. Now a few months ago I caved and bought the UD All Nighter Setting Spray and let me say it's a game changer. I now get 12+ hours of flawless makeup. I go to school in the south so football tailgating is a BIG DEAL down here. I need my makeup to last all day in hot humid southern air, and I need to do little to no touch ups. I get all of that with my UD and KVD combo and never have to worry what my face looks like.

All in all I hate the smell but I love the product. Even with oily/combo skin I get great coverage and it lasts forever, but it can look thick on your face so definitely use a damp beauty blender to apply. I will definitely replace it when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lfitzsimons1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Didnt like this foundation I have quite oily skin and still seemed to cling to dry patches that werent even there, oxidise and go really patchy. The coverage was good and photographed well, shame it looked so bad in real life. I'll just stick to my Nars sheer glow, Estee Lauder Double wear and No7 beautifully matte foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on a recent trip to LA. Since we don't have Sephora in Australia (just yet, come on December 2014!!) and this is a Sephora exclusive brand, I had never been able to try this out. I got matched to light 54, since I was a bit tanned at the time (having been on holiday and spending more time in the sun than usual) and it was a great match. I need to re-tan since I'm back to my pale NW15 self (need Light 44) so I haven't been able to use it lately, but when I could I really enjoyed it. It gives really amazing coverage, you don't need concealer (unless you've got something that's crazy dark under the foundation, ie a tattoo or a dark blemish) and you only need 1 pump. I used a damp beauty blender, which is what I usually use for foundation anyway, but also to dilute it mildly since it's such a full coverage foundation. The lady at Sephora used a brush when she applied it to me in store and it was too thick for my liking. I set this with my usual Urban Decay All Nighter Spray and set with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish. It stayed put all day, and didn't oxidize either.
The packaging is fine, the pump is nice, but the little piece of plastic to keep the pump 'locked' and covered comes off easily and isn't ideal. Would prefer a cap, but it's not that important.