August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really disliked this foundation. As many choices there are for pale skin, they all seem to have too much of whatever undertone they're made for, too yellow, too pink, too orangey. I'm more neutral, & for the price I really can't buy more than one to mix. But even if I could have found a better match, I just didn't like the formula. It's VERY thick & had a mask like look on my skin, & I tried working with it & seeing if I could just apply less to sheer it out a bit, or even mix in a little moisturizer, but it didn't seem to work with this formula. I have since learned that for my skin type (dry), usually these very full coverage matte formulas aren't the best for me, plus I'm in my 30s so I do have a couple fine lines here & there. This just seemed to accentuate them because it's so thick. But then I saw a tutorial where there was a girl that was much younger than me using it, but it seemed like as soon as she was done & the minute she started talking & making regular facial expressions, I could see a line across her forehead that I'm sure I would have never noticed had she not been wearing such a thick foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so stoked to try this, as I have some broken capillaries around my nose that I prefer to cover up, and I need full coverage there. Sadly, this didn't do it-or perhaps I should say, it did it too well. The stuff was like concrete! It was very thick and cakey, and set so quickly that I hardly had time to apply it properly first. The finished look reminded me of the pancake makeup that women used to add water to and apply with a big circular sponge-just like stage makeup. It's fairly expensive, too, so I will not be repurchasing this-it just didn't work for me. Five lippies for the pump bottle, though-I wish more companies would use similar packaging as it is easier to get just the amount you need.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. This covered nicely but it wore off of my cheeks fast, smudged off of my nose within a half hour after applying it, and has no matte finish at all. Also looks very cakey. The coverage is great, but I'll stick with my Double Wear, thanks. And the bottle sucks, every time I'd pump it, the little plastic silver piece that's shaped like a U would come flying off of the bottle

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Juliecore

Ok i really really wanted to love this but it is sludgey thick with a dusty matte finish,cute packaging but it is very easy to apply/squeeze out too much. I wish that she would have just made a stick foundation instead. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by mindymadness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. It's very thick so only a couple of pumps goes far. You wouldn't use as much as you would with other foundations. The packaging is beautiful. I am not a Kat Von D fan (nor fo) so my opinion of of this makeup is purely on the makeup. Great coverage and lasts all day. I'm very yellow and it matched unlike many other brands. I wear medium 57 and it matches the same as MAC's NC35

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by zouie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The consistency is pretty thick, but surprisingly it is pretty buildable and stays matte even without primer (of course it is much better with it but still). I'd recommend using moisturizer/hydrating primer on the areas that tends to get drier though, because although I have an oily skin it got me dry on certain areas on my skin. Unfortunately it tends to look slightly cakey on me but only if you look really closely, but it's matte and extremaly thick so not even that surprising. I do not know about other shades but mine has a pink undertone which is not the best since im more yellowish, but overall I am satisfied.
But be careful, since it's that thick it might be causing you pimples, but maybe it's just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I initially got matched for this foundation a few months ago and they matched me with light 42 which actually matched my pale skin. I only just now got around to purchasing the foundation and unfortunately that shade is no longer sold in sephora stores and says coming soon on their website. I had to purchase light 44 which is just a touch darker than my skin but better than most. However that is my onlu complaint. This is not a natural foundation. It is full coverage and you can tell that there is makeup on your face but it doesn't look cakey or powdery. If you have dryer skin I do reccomend moisturizing and exfoliating regularly. As for the wear it last on me all day. I can have goundation on my face for up to 16 hours and this foundation will still be pn my face. If you are looking for a full coverage foundation I can not think of anything better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: medium 53 (NC37 for reference)

PROS

- full coverage
- lightweight
- long wearing
- oil control
- comes with a pump
- doesn't settle into fine lines
- little goes a long way

CONS

- difficult to blend
- dries quickly
- clings to dry spots

COMMENTS: This is great for oily skin. It stays put and controls oil very well. I love the coverage, but it never feels heavy. It does dry quickly and is quite thick, so you have to work fast. I suggest using a sponge for the best application - a little goes a long way! It doesn't settle into fine lines, either. The major con that I have with this is because of its thick/dry texture, it clings onto dry spots real bad. I also prefer something that doesn't take as much work to blend. Love the product, but if it weren't for those cons I would repurchase.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Gbibiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love this product! Great for my combination skin (oily t zone and dry outer skin). Awesome coverage, even though it's not heavy duty as it says but still good enough coverage. Also very smart packaging, love the pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by janesp34

So i went to sephora to get a match for a foundation and the MUA recommended this. I thought it was okay but it is super heavy on your face. It definitely covers but it feels as if your wearing a mask. I didn't get oily which is good, but i wouldn't try it again. I hate feeling like im wearing a mask