Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.9

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I WANT to love it because the coverage is so unreal, but the coloring and the wear are a bit problematic for me. I bought this in shade 44 (back before 42 was available online) and I couldn't wear it without self tanner because it had a very peachy undertone that did NOT match my skin in the slightest. My other problem with this foundation was how I feel like it "sat" on my skin. It LOOKED like it controlled my oil because it always appeared fairly matte, but after about 6 hours of wear it would come off on my fingers and settle into creases. I know most of my problems with this product don't lie in the product itself but more with my own skin, so if you have normal skin and aren't pale as snow, definitely give this a go.

on 4/3/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is the best I have ever tried, and I have tried numerous foundations. I have dry to normal skin after taking Accutane, and I find that this product not only provides fantastic coverage (it will cover anything), but I love the way it finishes. It leaves a perfect matte finish with just the slightest bit of shine that makes my face glow. Additionally, the shade I use blends flawlessly on my skin. Kat Von D can never stop making this foundation. It's just too good and worth every cent. Nothing else compares for me.

on 4/2/2015 11:04:00 AM

High coverage, semi-matte finish and controls oil/shine. This foundation is like a denser, more concentrated version of Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation which has been a favourite of mine for a really long time. I like a skin-like finish to my makeup and achieve that by using a tiny tiny bit to cover the areas I need it on my face, much like a concealer instead of all over. It sets really fast and doesn't blend the easiest so I would recommend you work with one part of your face at a time instead of smearing

on 4/2/2015 8:58:00 AM

I absolutely love this foundation. I've got combination skin, and my color is medium-fair. I'm 47 years old. It does a great job covering sun spots that I've gotten over the years, it covers acne scars and makes my skin look flawless. I was looking for a foundation that would do all of that and it does. It's great for covering the redness from certain skin conditions and post surgery. It covers everything, so if your looking for something like that, this is a great product. If you want a more "dewy" type of texture, then don't finish with a powder of any sort. If the consistency is too thick for you, then add a drop of water to thin it out a bit. A little product goes a long way!!

on 3/31/2015 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and I know this is a thick matte foundation but I decided to give it a try. I originally bought 44 which was to dark, but used the entire bottle. Then 42 came back in stock. I bought that and it matched. I originally LOVED this product. Even with my very dry skin. I have bad hyperpigmentation and it covered well. I'm also out of the bottle I have and I HATE this foundation. First off, the foundation is blotchy/patchy on my face. I've tried primers, lotions etc. I know how to do my makeup. Anyway, I blend and blend and it literally looks like I completely missed my lower cheek area. I've tried plenty of brushes, etc to get it to blend nicely, but it won't. Idk if there was something wrong with the package I got, but I will NOT repurchase.

on 3/26/2015 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Ok, got a sample of this tonight in my sephora package, put it on with a beauty blender, observed how it wore on my face for about 4 hours, & fell in love. Was so impressed I placed an order for it...thats how much I loved it. I have been dedicated to my revlon colorstay for YEARS and this took the cake. Its basically the same thing but with a more natural finish & texture & more precise color match. Light 48 melts right into my skin (was using revlon colorstay in Nude). I have oily, sensitive skin & like a FULL coverage long lasting, matte foundation. This really blew my hair back...if you like revlon colorstay consider getting yourself an upgrade!

on 3/24/2015 8:38:00 AM

Literally bought this foundation on a whim. I had tried literally everything and didn't know what else to do since nothing was working for me. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin and everything either was not enough coverage, had poor color matches or made me look like a greaseball. I'm so glad I got so frustrated and ended up trying this because it is amazing. Truly full coverage and makes my skin look great. Only thing is I wish it didn't leave a white cast in photos. Not sure yet how to fix that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have very oily skin,hyper pigmentation, the occasional breakout, and this is the best liquid foundation I've used in a VERY long time! This covers everything so well, it is truly amazing how smooth my skin looks with this foundation.And it doesn't feel to heavy at all, and I don't need a concealer! Even though I bought the matching concealer, which is the bomb btw. I don't need it with this foundation, and that is so cool!

I have warm undertones and I'm in shade 48. This doesn't oxidize on me either! I'm very impressed with this foundation and it's ability to stay matte for up to 8 hours!

I use it with Urban Decay's De Slick Spray and set it with a regular loose powder. I also carry a powder foundation in my bag for touch ups if needed, but I find that I don't need it!

I'm loving this, and will definitely re-buy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Am I The Only Oily Gal This DID NOT WORK For!?
Omgsh This Made Me Look Like A Swamp Monster!
I Have NEVER EVER Had Makeup Look SO SO Bad On My Face!
I Wanted To Cry!
It's Like It Brought Out Every Single Oil Drop I Had In My Face!
I'm Hardly Oily When I Don't Have Makeup On..
And Not Oily So Much On My Cheeks With Makeup On..
But The Day I Wore This, I Was Oily EVERYWHERE On My Face!
I Was Oily Within 10 Minutes Of Putting This On, Imagine What I Looked Like After 9 Hours!
And This Makeup Is Ungodly THICK AND HEAVY.
It Made Me Break Out.
When I Got Home I Instantly Washed My Face!
And Not To Mention The Color Match! OMFG!
The People At My Sephora Are IDIOTS.
I Was So YELLOW I Looked Like I Slathered MUSTARD On My Face!
This Was The Worst Makeup Experience I Have Ever Had.
This Taught Me To Never Try New Makeup On A Freakin' Work Day, An 8 HOUR Work Day At That!
This Was Retuned IMMEDIATELY.
Got My 40 Bucks Back And Never Looked Back.
I Will Never Ever Step Foot Inside My Area Sephora. Ever Again.
Nothing But A Bad Experience With Their Makeup.
Not Worth The High Price To Me.
This Makeup And The Workers Ruined Sephora For Me.
I Literally Looked Like I Had Pancake Batter On My Face!

This May Work For Some Girl, BUT BE CAREFUL!
TRY BEFORE YOU TAKE THE LEAP AND BUY!

on 3/17/2015 12:05:00 PM

Okay, this is called a tattoo foundation for a reason. It is very thick and opaque, it will cover anything on your face. That said, it was so thick I couldn't blend it well. I don't have much to cover other than a few blemishes and old acne marks, so I'm not sure why I even bought it! But I gave it a try and found it's too heavy for me in the Winter, I can't imagine what it would be like in the Summer! So, onto something else....

Video Reviews & Tutorials