July 30, 2014 | 1793 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by robbin11293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is very full coverage, and it really works for my oily, acne prone skin. The first thing that I appreciate about it is that it's oil free. Second, it's transfer resistant-ish and lasts a long time. Third, the packaging is pretty cool looking, and it has a convenient pump nozzle. A well-known beauty blogger claims that this foundation is very "sticky" and "hard to blend", but I believe that is a given with full-coverage foundations. It dries light but covers well and it does blend fairly well with a damp Beauty Blender. This is my main foundation, and I plan to stick with this for as long as it's offered, or I happen to find something... dare I say, better?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by roxygirl1488

Very full coverage foundation, covers well. I do need to powder after a while in my t zone as I can get shiny with this foudation there. I use to wear Estée Lauder double wear and I would say this is very similar just a step down. It doesn't blend that great but it's because it's such a thick consistency. If you like Estée Lauder double wear this might be worth trying since it is a bit cheaper. I wouldn't call this an everyday make up look but definately would be great for nights out. I didn't have problems with breakouts and it comes in a wide variety of shades but it does have a tendency to oxidize so make sure you get the color closest to your skin tone if you even buy just a tad darker shade the you really are you run the risk of it being to dark for your complexion after it oxidizes. Over all I would buy this again IF I didn't want to spend the money on Estée Lauder double wear. It's decent it's just not amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

out of all the foundations I've tried this is my favorite. it's simply perfect. It has very high coverage, there is no need to wear concealer or powder over this (I even wear a tad but of this as concealer when using bb cream). for some people this foundation may be a little cakey or heavy (specially if you have dry skin) but when I wear a serum, moisturizer, and primer under this it's very easy to apply, you only need one pump-full (sometimes even half a pump) & it feels so smooth and after a minute of letting it dry it stays matte for the rest of the day. it does not break me out at all and I've been using this for almost a year. When I got it it was $36 but the product itself lasts you a very long time I would say 5-6 months depending on how much you use daily so it's worth it. I would definitely always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by jessicapaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

favorite foundation by far! I purchased it for 34$ but it's a fairly large bottle and 2 pumps covers my whole Face. It lasts all day and I constantly get compliments on how good my makeup looks. A must buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1993

Hi, so i normally would use Benefits 'Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow' foundation but i had seen a review on youtube of this product and watched many others too and saw nothing but good things, so i purchased the product it cost me £45.00 and it came and it looked lovely and i used it for around one month before i changed back to Benefit here is why...

I have a combination skin type and I'm prone to blemishes so i have a strict skin care regime so i did my normal routine of cleansing, moisturising then priming.. and by the way i tried applying this foundation with a beauty blender, foundation brush & my hands and when i first applied it it looked amazing the coverage was awesome but after 2-3 hours i found my t zone became shiny because obviously of my skin type and my face just became a massive cake! it also creased and cracked very easily it was just awful and really not flattering, but i stuck with it to see if my skin would just get used to the thick formula but it didn't. Also it didn't smell at all nice and i found it transferred very easily from my face to my clothes etc...

Im so disappointed with it after all the good reviews and demos i watched to find this i was so upset especially because it was so expensive too! I would not ever recommend this to anyone i believe although it is awesome coverage and packaged very well it really is too thick and cakey and suffocating for your face only plus side of this product is the packaging, the fact it stays on your skin for 24 hours and is oil free apart from that if you don't want to look like a cake i would not recommend buying this product maybe it is because of my skin type i don't know but i expected more regardless as i have watched reviews with different girls who all have different skin types and did not have this issue.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyade

I'm giving this product 2 lippies because I think they possibly changed the formula.
I am shade 53 (my summer color) the color is absolutely perfect once applied but about 30 mins or so this foundation oxidizes like no other foundation I have ever tried. I turned extremely yellow, not only yellow but very cakey. I decided to go back to sephora and try a lighter shade (number 52) now the problem with the shade 52, it was too light for me. Overall a bad product for me. It's a shame because I used to like this foundation a whole lot in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Lavendork

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

After trying some of the brand's other products and being wowed, I was surprised that I did not LOVE this foundation. I had to sleep over at a friend's place recently and didn't have my makeup bag with me, so she let me borrow some of her makeup. We're not too different in shade (although I am a bit paler than her), so it wasn't a problem. But HO-LY CRAP, is it thick. I understand wanting full coverage (Believe me, I'm a big fan), but it almost doesn't feel like makeup- it's so thick, you basically have to cover your whole face with it, and it simply does not like to blend. On top of that, it's prone to settling into lines, creases, pores, even itself, so after 2 or 3 hours, you're likely to look cakey and tired. If you have sensitive skin (like I do) or dry areas on your face, this is simply not the right foundation to suit your skin. It's pretty expensive, too. I have heard many people go over the moon for this stuff, but I just wasn't impressed. It's a shame- they have some awesome shades.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation , it kinda reminds me of a thicker version of "Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation" which is also one of my favorite foundations .
this foundation is FULL coverage however it can be worn in a medium coverage and a light coverage by using less or mixing it with a favorite moisturizer .
it glides on smooth, this foundation does set within 1-2mins so blend blend blend . if you have dry skin i recommend moisturizing real good before using this foundation

( Shade recommendations )

if you are a Mac NC44- NC42 then M62 in kat von D should be your shade .

If you are a Mac NC40 - NC35 then id recommend you to use M57, or M56 .
(( I am a NC40-NC35 And i use M57 in kat von D . ))
here is a picture of a Shade comparison of NC40 in mac Vs Kat Von D in M57

----> http://oi57.tinypic.com/f41vmb.jpg

( the picture is also uploaded in the pictures for this product but the link up above is just a close up view )

if you are lighter then a NC40-NC35 in mac but is still in the NC30s ( medium ) Complexion here are some lighter shades that may fit your complexion M54 , M53 Or M52 .

For all the ladies saying this foundation is too thick or is cakey its because you use too much , the most you need is 1 - 2 1/2 Pumps depending on your coverage although this is a really thick foundation its also really smooth & creamy which prevents the foundation from being cakey, i wouldnt recommend this foundation to beginners in make up .

I LOVE THE packaging really pretty . A lot of people say that the " Medium shades " are orange which is not true at all . it depends on the shade you are using and your undertone because although this is a full coverage foundation it still sinks in your skin to match your complexion .( i am very yellow and i use M57 Which is also a golden yellow ) and i've seen this shade come out looking orange on other girls because they have a different undertone or they have a orange undertone . this is also the same thing a lot of women say about mac foundation being "orange" which i totally DISAGEE with mac is very yellow. so if your Mac foundation comes out orange on you its not the makeup, its you , and your undertone / complexion that makes it come out that way .

The best way to apply this foundation is with A flat top Buffing brush or Beauty blender i prefer the buffing brush because i recently tried applying this foundation with a beauty blender... didn't go to well because the beauty blender was sucking up and replacing the foundation back down and BLAH i guess it was because the foundation was drying/Setting so when i was adding the second layer / coat of foundation on top of my face it was kinda taking off some of the first layer.
But i ended up still getting the foundation too look flawless with the beauty blender just took some time lol ( i used the sephora beauty blender ). however the beauty blender is still good to use if you want a lighter coverage OR is only doing ONE Coat of this foundation , . However > I PREFER < to use a Flat Top buffing brush ,
I also been Loving this small dense brush that i got from BH cosmetics to blend this foundation out with ,
( the brush i been using is from their pop art collection brush set , its the " Number 4 complexion brush " its yellow . I put one pump of the foundation on the back of my hand , dip the brush in the foundation , stipple & blend out one section , then Dip my brush again , stipple and blend out another section , And it comes out looking beautiful and blends right in my skin .
Since the brush is small and dense it makes sure EVERY LITTLE THING is blended OUT and gets in small areas as well.
( you can also spray the brush with a setting spray or a mineral face spray if you want to loosen the foundation up a little bit ) .I WOULD NOT recommend blending this foundation out with a stippling brush or a brush that's not dense , How this foundation turns out on you is based on what you use to blend this foundation out with and how you blend it out .
You may end up hating this product if you use the wrong brush or don't apply it properly . ( there's been times in the past where i applied this foundation and i didn't like how it turned out , and there's been times i applied this foundation and it just comes out looking GORGEOUS AND flawless , ofcourse i know NOW what to use for this foundation to look flawless on me after trying different techniques and different brushes , but some people may have trouble with this foundation . )

i will Def REPURCHASE THIS FOUNDATION over and over again because it is one of my favorites it gives a nice airbrushed look and its just amazing . oh and one more thing if you have really dry skin im not sure if this will be your favorite foundation however i have seen it look really good on women that have dry skin . If you have oily skin and use this foundation please ladies still set it with a powder for a longer lasting use . For a real long lasting use A good primer and setting it with powder is the key . ;)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by giles22_atl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Ok, this is my HG! I have super oily skin & this will last from before work until I am home. Even lasts through a little sweat haha. Has a great full coverage. I like to apply this with a MAC 187 brush, stipple on my face & then set with powder. No foundations ever last on me, but maybe what I am using is working well together haha. Here are the products in the order I put them on:
Wash face with Sulfa based wash
Clinique Clarifying lotion 3 as toner
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum w/ retinol (only sometimes in the morning, always use this at night)
AM Moisturizer: Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30
Foundation in Light 48
MAC NW20 Prolongwear Concealer for under eyes
Set everything with It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores loose powder
Finally I use Urban Decay All Nighter Spray when finished with everything.
This product is amazing, definitely worth buying if you have very oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

All right ladies and gentlemen, this is it! I have found my HG foundation. While it is on the pricier side of things, it is worth it.

My skin: Olive undertones but I'll take yellow foundations. I am pale (NC15 but olive & a hair darker; NC20 is too dark). My skin is combination. Normal with oily spots on my forehead, nose and cheeks (cheeks also have orange-rind like pores). I get random blemishes, have redness under my nose along with on my cheeks & chin, foundation doesn't like to be properly on my nose (either cakes or is gone), I have huge pores that foundation falls into, discoloration on the corners of my mouth & above (skin is dark & makes it look like I have a mustache), and I have broken capillaries by my mouth (III <-3 lines like that). Also I have darkness under my eyes.

The first couple of times I used a brush with this and it was slightly on the cakey side. I was sad. Then I used the RT Miracle Complexion Sponge (orange) and it changes everything. I was flawless all day long (through 8hrs of sweating and getting gross at work). That's without a primer and just with a setting spray (NYX Dewy- doesn't really make you dewy FYI). I bought mine in #44 (light) and I'm about a NC15 (a hair darker & more brown- olive undertones).

I wouldn't suggest applying this with a brush unless you want heavy duty coverage and don't mind being slightly cakey. Other wise you're going to want the Beauty Blender or Real Techniques sponge (mentioned above). Coverage is beyond what I wanted with this. I only have to use this, no concealer. Also after blending this in I do have to say it doesn't cover my orange rind pores but the positive side of that is that it doesn't settle into them either like some foundations. I'm sure if I used a primer with this I could get 100% flawless skin. I go in and put dots around my face, blend in with the RT sponge, use a brush to apply to trouble spots, use my sponge to blend it in, go in with a brush to apply underneath my eyes, and blend it in again with the sponge. I look flawless. I'm not kidding. I seriously have only had one other foundation do this (Rimmel Stay Matte) but I was an oily mess at the end of the day with that one. With the KVD Lock-It I'm still matte and it just looks like my skin.

Here's picture proof: http://i.imgur.com/pmk6XZO.jpg