February 1, 2015 | 1550 users online

Liquid - Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For my very first high end foundation; I feel like my search is over forever!!! My skin so oily which leads to multiple touch ups daily it was ridiculous! Even with primer and everything! I would always try new products an at first they would do well and then turn out like the rest. This foundation is my holy grail!!! At first I felt like I wasted $36 because I applied it with my fingers and it looked so cakey and fake! After watching a YouTube tutorial of Kat Von D applying it with a brush in a stippling motion and after applying a moisturizing serum primer I did the same and the results were unbelievable! My skin like so flawless with only one pump! The coverage is truly full! It looks so perfect and beautiful! The finish is matte and I don't look fake. I bought shade 46 and it matches my skin perfectly. I'm so thankful that it dispenses through a pump because it creates a fast and mess free application process. The packaging is respectable but I don't see the need for the double plastic container but I love it! I don't see myself switching foundations for a very long time. Possibly forever. It doesn't have a bad chemical smell, my skin stays matte and flawless all day AND this is foundation doesn't cause a bad skin reaction. In this case you definitely get what you pay for and I'm so happy I decided on this foundation as my very first high end purchase I love it so much!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Being my first high end foundation, I had pretty high hopes for this little guy. Safe to say I'm not disappointed! I bought both M52 and M54 not knowing which fit me best- (52 is lighter, very yellow, 54 is a bit tanner yet still yellow). I'm still figuring out my fav application tool, but once the product is on my face I'm in love. Actually surprised how light it feels on my oily skin. Don't let the full coverage label scare you ladies! It can be built up to very full, or sheered to medium depending how you apply it. Only downside to me is I go about an hour/hour and a half and I need to touch up my tzone. The packaging is also to die for! Very pleased

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sydnisteeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this product, I was skeptical about buying it again because I felt it looked too cakey and had a lot of patchiness upon appliance, but come to find out, its all because I was using way too much and applying it all wrong. I was using my fingers, without primer and using about a pump and a half because I wanted full coverage (for my acne scars and discoloration). Lesson learned. Now I use a face primer (milk of magnesia for my very oily skin) and also a wet beauty blender and woila, flawless application. And you honestly only need one pump, just work it on your face quickly because it dries up fast. A little goes a long way ladies! This makeup provides amazing full coverage, it doesn't have any funky smell to it, the packaging is so cute, the texture is a little thick, but that's only because less is more in this situation. I think the price is worth it because it will last you a long time. Also, the pigmentation is outstanding. The first bottle I bought was too dark, I believe it was medium 45. I'm a MAC NC35 normally with yellow undertones, so this time I went with the light 45 and it matches perfectly. I don't need to touch up/blot throughout the day like I do with other foundations, this one will stay put and keep in mind, I have extremely oily skin. I love love love this product and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a full coverage, matte foundation. Nothing but good things to say about this product! :)

P.S If you have dry, normal skin, I'd reccomend using a moisturizer before applying the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by missmajestic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to give this product a 5. I absolutely love the coverage. It's amazing. My complaint is the color range. Every shade is just wrong for my skin. I'm very pale, but the lightest shade, 42, is way too light for me. It goes on practically white. Every other shade is very beige/yellow. I have pink undertones, and I've tried every shade from 42-48, and they are all wrong. As I said, 42 is too light. And even the shades that are for pink undertones are too dark and too yellow. I was really disappointed. I thought I had finally found my holy grail foundation. 😞

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate this foundation, and let me tell you why:

First off, my skin is extremely problematic and I have come to terms that it will always be over-reactive and there is nothing I can do about it (yay for acceptance!), but that does not mean that I can not and will not stop wearing foundation- my dermatologist told me that any amount of makeup I wear is alright as long as I ALWAYS take it off at night. So of course, I have tons of hyperpigmentation from severe cystic spots and a few face demons currently residing on my face. I was so beyond excited to try out this foundation when I first got it after reading hundreds of reviews on it.

Here is my issue; it does not cover my acne whatsoever! This frustrates me because it says its a full coverage foundation, more like a bottle of lies. I've tried absolutely everything I could to make it work but it just does not want to cover my redness, spots, and it slides off after a couple hours. I'm so extremely disappointed in this foundation, and it will sit in the loner corner of my vanity.

I honestly hope this works for other people

Two thumbs down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by kazzimiranda

matte finish, 24 hour wear, a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by licia123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really did like this foundation I thought it was gone be too light at first but I applied it with beauty blender and it was absolutely flawless...I use to use Mac studio fix but it was too orange and couldnt find my right shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Kw153028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought it was great if you have normal to combination/oily skin. This foundation melds in very well with the skin and leaves a very full coverage flawless finish. You don't need much- one pump is usually good for the whole face. If you put too much on it can easily look caky. I have normal to dry skin, so I felt like I had to take extra steps to make it not cling to dry patches. I had to exfoliate, use a heavy moisturizer, and primer and use a damp brush or sponge and then it looked beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Victoria08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful matte finish, flawless!! Does not wear off and stays matte

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by cheska07

I loved how the packaging looks like, but its just to heavy. Also after some time of use the silver top goes off. The foundation itself is amazing. It stays long, goes well on my skin, doesn't oxidize and doesn't and Make my face look oily , coverage is good. Its doesn't feel heavy on the face, all you need is a very small amount for the face. The tube can last for a long time. The liquid is way way much better than the compact powder for which was a waste of money. Would definitely repurchase this item.