MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 8/8/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So from one oily gal to others, this is a no no product for us. It evaporates within an hour and it removes powder, bronzer, blush, or whatever on top. What you are left with is a grease pan. So disgusting! Having said that, I was really disappointed and do not recommend this. MAC, what just happened here?

on 8/1/2014 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I am loving this product!! Perfect for someone who doesn't like to wear foundation but needs a little "ummf". I have very dry/sensitive skin and this sits nicely on top of my moisturizer. Added bronzer and mascara....good to go!

on 7/28/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If Mac ever discontinues this product, I don't know what I would do with myself. This is the only thing I could use on my skin.

on 7/22/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

overall:
nice bb cream, it has a nice coverage for a bb cream and it applies very smooth and easily. If you have dry patches it doesn't cling to them much but you can see them. If you have oily skin it won't keep you matt firstly because it has a dewy finish (wich isn't bad if it doesn't get shiny) and after a while you can get a little bit shiny but not much, i just blotted and everything was ok. It lasts quite long.

skin type:
If you have normal skin (not dry and not oily) this bb cream is perfect for you! i've got combination to oily skin and it works well for me as well. i wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. before the application you have to exfoliate well (only if your skin needs it) if you don't it doesn't apply nicely and it slightly emphasizes dead skin cells.

ingredients:
It has really great ingredients! 28 recommendable ingredients and only 1 not recommended ingredient (silica, but its only bad if you breath this in).

on the market:
it is pricey but i think its worth it if you're searching for a good bb cream with nice coverage. its available in a lot of shades.

on 6/20/2014 2:06:00 PM

This was the first BB cream and MAC product I ever used, and I was thoroughly disappointed. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and wanted to try a lightweight/non pore clogging/ light coverage product that I can wear on a daily basis without having to take too much time to apply (at work all day) and without a full on foundation look.

Dispite my acne-prone skin I have NEVER had an issue with makeup settling in my pores- in fact I didn't even really know what that issue was until this product. Whether applied with a sponge, brush or my fingers, product applied so patchy, did not blend, and built up in pores. I used primer before, primer+moisturizer, and nothing really helped, and added to my overall routine which I was looking to simplify with a BB cream. So much- that I ended up just washing it off and using my normal products. The best way I found was with my fingers.

After using a few times, where I was usually disappointed with how it looked on my face, I would cover with some sort of powder to look normal, I broke out. Now I have extremely sensitive skin, so not saying this will happen to everyone - but to people with acne-prone skin- just try another product.

Did nothing to perfect skin, did not help with oil control.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Fail.
It doesn't control oil well (starts off "dewy" on my face and gets worse from there), and it doesn't last. In addition, it causes my rosacea to erupt into stinging irriation. I just want something light to even out my skintone (redness from rosacea) with a little spf protection. I'm a little bit of a makeup minimalist, so a product that does both these things wonderfully, is a dream. I can't comment on the "bb" side since I don't know much about it. I'm purely looking for light coverage, spf, staying power and oil control…the other "beneficial" aspects don't mean much to me.

Application is nice, a little goes a long way, the finished product looks "done" and evens out my rosacea without looking too heavy. (I always apply with my fingers.) So I look pretty for about an hour before the oil gets out of hand it looks like I smeared straight grease on my face. The product begins to slide around, especially where my glasses rest on my nose. It also tends to oxidize into a darker, slightly more orange color, but that sorta just blends in better with my faux tan (sounds terrible doesn't it?-haha). Anyway, give it a good hour or so to oxidize before you make a decision about color choice. I had no problems with it settling into pores etc.

Packaging is nice: love the subtle glittery black tube, although I find the rubberized cap attracts residue.

Price is reasonable for the midrange makeup brands, at $30 for 40mL/1.3 fl. oz.

I went with Light Plus on my natural nw20-ish skin that's sporting a little summer tan, both faux and real sun. I probably could have handled a darker shade, but nevertheless. I stick to Estee Lauder Double Wear light as my go-to…but next up will be their BB formulation *fingers crossed*...I'm determined to find a product of this nature that works for me.

Not bad! I use this product in extra light and it is nearly perfect for my skin. Blends well with a light amount of moisture. I do layer a moisturizer underneath this product for my normal to dry skin type. If this product was slightly more liquidy and had less yellow tones and more pink tones to it I would be hopelessly in love with it. Would I buy it again? Likely, its the nicest I've found for my skin so far, although I've found something else I plan to try once this bottle is empty. My twin sister uses a product made by Tarte called Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer with a 20 SPF in Fair Agent 00 for porcelain/fair skin with pink undertones. I used some when I stayed at her house and I was impressed by its tone, moisture deposit and liquidness!!

on 6/6/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

6 Jun, 25 Celsius, sun, summer-like hot: I am writing a review after wearing this BB cream for 11 hr. I have to say I am utterly pleased with the performance of this cream. I primed my skin with Afrodita skin care line for oily skin (cream and serum). Upon the initial application of the BB Cream my minor imperfections were covered, skin's surface looked smoother and the present redness was less prominent. My skin looked natural, healthy and as I always wanted it to look: pretty. I so wish a day could come when I will not have to bother myself with foundations/BB creams/tinted moisturizers. I haven't set the cream with a powder, touched up during the day nor have I blotted my skin. As the day passed the cream started to fade, but nevertheless it looked still nice. Now, 11 hr after, there is no BB cream left on my nose and there is some redness present around my nose on the cheek area. The BB cream stayed put on my forehead, cheeks and chin. The overall look of my face, after those 11 hours, is still nice - like I am having a good skin day.

I would recommend this BB cream to any skin type. I got only one pimple (could be due the hot weather and sebum since I haven't cleaned my face for half a day) and haven't got any cystic acne or allergic reaction. This BB cream performed well and lived up to my expectations. Though it is pricey I think I may repurchase it when I run out of it - if I manage to find a MAC store. This BB cream offers very light to light coverage. A good budget dupe is Bourjois BB cream which offers slightly more coverage.

The color is neutral and for the first time it matches my natural skintone so good that it is unbelievable. I have a slightly yellow undertone and pink/peach/beige looks horrible on me.

My color matches: Bourjois 123 51/31, Bobbi Brown 02 Sand, MAC PLW NC20. I bought Light Plus.

on 5/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product at first. It's perfect for every day. Just enough natural coverage that helps cover imperfections, but still look natural and not too "made up." I loved the way my skin looked wearing this...until the breakouts happened. It is the only thing that changed in my routine, and after each use, the my skin would get worse and worse. I would not wear it for a few days, and my skin would start to improve. Next time I used the BB cream, bang, I was broken out all over again. Bad, painful pimples. I am so disappointed, I really thought this was going to work out great for me. I certainly would not repurchase.

on 5/20/2014 7:03:00 PM

I think this is a really nice BB cream. It gives pretty good coverage and looks natural. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, either. Lasts a while, too. I think it has buildable coverage so you can really conceal trouble spots while leaving other spots with a thinner layer.