September 19, 2014 | 1919 users online

BB Cream - MAC - Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

6 Jun, 25 Celsius, sun, summer-like hot: I am writing a review after wearing this BB cream for 11 hr. I have to say I am utterly pleased with the performance of this cream. I primed my skin with Afrodita skin care line for oily skin (cream and serum). Upon the initial application of the BB Cream my minor imperfections were covered, skin's surface looked smoother and the present redness was less prominent. My skin looked natural, healthy and as I always wanted it to look: pretty. I so wish a day could come when I will not have to bother myself with foundations/BB creams/tinted moisturizers. I haven't set the cream with a powder, touched up during the day nor have I blotted my skin. As the day passed the cream started to fade, but nevertheless it looked still nice. Now, 11 hr after, there is no BB cream left on my nose and there is some redness present around my nose on the cheek area. The BB cream stayed put on my forehead, cheeks and chin. The overall look of my face, after those 11 hours, is still nice - like I am having a good skin day.

I would recommend this BB cream to any skin type. I got only one pimple (could be due the hot weather and sebum since I haven't cleaned my face for half a day) and haven't got any cystic acne or allergic reaction. This BB cream performed well and lived up to my expectations. Though it is pricey I think I may repurchase it when I run out of it - if I manage to find a MAC store. This BB cream offers very light to light coverage. A good budget dupe is Bourjois BB cream which offers slightly more coverage.

The color is neutral and for the first time it matches my natural skintone so good that it is unbelievable. I have a slightly yellow undertone and pink/peach/beige looks horrible on me.

My color matches: Bourjois 123 51/31, Bobbi Brown 02 Sand, MAC PLW NC20. I bought Light Plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by SHuck

I loved this product at first. It's perfect for every day. Just enough natural coverage that helps cover imperfections, but still look natural and not too "made up." I loved the way my skin looked wearing this...until the breakouts happened. It is the only thing that changed in my routine, and after each use, the my skin would get worse and worse. I would not wear it for a few days, and my skin would start to improve. Next time I used the BB cream, bang, I was broken out all over again. Bad, painful pimples. I am so disappointed, I really thought this was going to work out great for me. I certainly would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by abbyfxx

I think this is a really nice BB cream. It gives pretty good coverage and looks natural. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, either. Lasts a while, too. I think it has buildable coverage so you can really conceal trouble spots while leaving other spots with a thinner layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by amsa22

Very natural coverage... Works great for everyday makeup last good amount of hours... I apply it with a stippling brush or a beauty blender and looks great both ways and I set it with some studio fix powder and fix + and I like that it's in a squeeze tube

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this a few months ago and it has lasted forever! I think I'm ready to purchase the full size after being consistently impressed with this product. Pros: SPF is fairly high, the color matches my skin after the original "zombie" look of BB creams, and the packaging is great. Cons: you have to really exfoliate your skin well to make this BB work. It looks patchy and uneven if you don't. Also, you will have a whitish "zombie" look initially, but for whatever reason, the product darkens after about 10 minutes to a nice, flat finish.

EDIT: After using this a week, I found that it really dried my skin. There were patchy areas on my cheeks and I could never get it fully blended into my skin, despite the fact that I exfoliated first. I returned this BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by reddbone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin with hyperpigmentation from acne. I wanted something light because summer is approaching and no one wants a face full of heavy makeup on a hot summers day.

Packaging: This product comes in a sleek black glittery squeeze tube with a rubber twist off cap. The packaging is simple and easy to use. It is 1.3 Oz or 40 mL.

Price: 30 USD which is a lot but a little goes a long way.

Coverage: For a BB cream this gives great coverage. 1layer makes my acne scars less noticable.You can get medium with 2 layers.I usually use concealer on my scars and then I apply it with my elf small stipple brush for a light weight feel with good coverage.

Update May 12 2014. I ended up returning this because After wearing it for about two weeks I noticed that it made my face look greyish. I really did enjoy it but its too expensive of a product to keep since the undertone is so wrong for me. The next and last shade dark is way to dark for me.

Shades: The shades for dark skin is very limited. I got the shade dark and im an NC44/45. and the undertone still isnt perfect. The shade deep dark is the next shade down and its the darkest shade they have. It's realy not dark at all. More like an NC50. The shade range is why I dont thing this deserves 5 stars.

NOTE: I wouldnt recommend this to anyone with dry skin or a lot of fine lines as it settles like a biatch.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by sunshinemakesmehappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First BB cream I ever tried. I like the packaging and the fact that it packs sun protection. However, it doesn't have very good lasting power. It becomes greasy early on and if I apply powder it accents my pores. I'm not sure why all the good reviews because the coverage is light to medium light and this is definitely not buildable, unless of course you want your pores to show through. I would not recommend nor would I buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by VasilikiLampri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product while looking for a tinted moisturizer with spf in it.
Well,this one didn't fill my cup.Although it did suited my skin color perfectly,and felt really light,like I was make up free,it made my pores look huge!Also it made me shine a lot,not in a dewy way.I have dry skin and it made me look oily!It is such a pity because i spent 28 euros(about 32 dollars) for a product that dosent work for me.There are better and cheaper bb creams on the market than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am 49, oily skin, large pores in t-zone, NW25. I decided to take a chance and change from my old standby MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus. I was looking for something to wear under my powder plus to cover my pores.

This product works very very well for making my pores less noticeable. I'm wearing this in Medium. It's a good match for my skin tone. I've been using Clarins sunless tanner on my face and Meduim matches my face now, and I'm certain it will with no tanner. The color is versatile in my opinion. It has a good 'range' of color.

I get a little oily during the day, nothing blotting papers won't fix. I'm not using the Powder Plus over this, I don't need to. It gives beautiful coverage, I use a wedge sponge.

I'm very pleased, and not being a huge fan of BB creams, this was a very welcomed surprise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Catet91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this BB cream. I have some redness and very light acne scars and this covers both of those and gives my skin a very smooth and even finish. This paired with a finishing powder is now my HG foundation look! My shade was light plus which is great for those who are light skinned with a little bit of a tan.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No