July 29, 2014 | 1939 users online

BB Cream - MAC - Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by reddbone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin with hyperpigmentation from acne. I wanted something light because summer is approaching and no one wants a face full of heavy makeup on a hot summers day.

Packaging: This product comes in a sleek black glittery squeeze tube with a rubber twist off cap. The packaging is simple and easy to use. It is 1.3 Oz or 40 mL.

Price: 30 USD which is a lot but a little goes a long way.

Coverage: For a BB cream this gives great coverage. 1layer makes my acne scars less noticable.You can get medium with 2 layers.I usually use concealer on my scars and then I apply it with my elf small stipple brush for a light weight feel with good coverage.

Update May 12 2014. I ended up returning this because After wearing it for about two weeks I noticed that it made my face look greyish. I really did enjoy it but its too expensive of a product to keep since the undertone is so wrong for me. The next and last shade dark is way to dark for me.

Shades: The shades for dark skin is very limited. I got the shade dark and im an NC44/45. and the undertone still isnt perfect. The shade deep dark is the next shade down and its the darkest shade they have. It's realy not dark at all. More like an NC50. The shade range is why I dont thing this deserves 5 stars.

NOTE: I wouldnt recommend this to anyone with dry skin or a lot of fine lines as it settles like a biatch.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by sunshinemakesmehappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First BB cream I ever tried. I like the packaging and the fact that it packs sun protection. However, it doesn't have very good lasting power. It becomes greasy early on and if I apply powder it accents my pores. I'm not sure why all the good reviews because the coverage is light to medium light and this is definitely not buildable, unless of course you want your pores to show through. I would not recommend nor would I buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by VasilikiLampri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product while looking for a tinted moisturizer with spf in it.
Well,this one didn't fill my cup.Although it did suited my skin color perfectly,and felt really light,like I was make up free,it made my pores look huge!Also it made me shine a lot,not in a dewy way.I have dry skin and it made me look oily!It is such a pity because i spent 28 euros(about 32 dollars) for a product that dosent work for me.There are better and cheaper bb creams on the market than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am 49, oily skin, large pores in t-zone, NW25. I decided to take a chance and change from my old standby MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus. I was looking for something to wear under my powder plus to cover my pores.

This product works very very well for making my pores less noticeable. I'm wearing this in Medium. It's a good match for my skin tone. I've been using Clarins sunless tanner on my face and Meduim matches my face now, and I'm certain it will with no tanner. The color is versatile in my opinion. It has a good 'range' of color.

I get a little oily during the day, nothing blotting papers won't fix. I'm not using the Powder Plus over this, I don't need to. It gives beautiful coverage, I use a wedge sponge.

I'm very pleased, and not being a huge fan of BB creams, this was a very welcomed surprise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Catet91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this BB cream. I have some redness and very light acne scars and this covers both of those and gives my skin a very smooth and even finish. This paired with a finishing powder is now my HG foundation look! My shade was light plus which is great for those who are light skinned with a little bit of a tan.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by vietnt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normal

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by vbparry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved this product when I first tried it, it made my skin look so fantastic that I bought one for my sister as well. However, after wearing it for only one week, I broke out with deep cyst like acne on my cheeks. I've broken out before, but never on my cheeks so this was very strange. I saw my sister a week later & her skin was terribly broken out as well. I was shocked to see how bad it was. We're both in out 30's now, and our skin hadn't looked that bad since we were teenagers. To make sure the bb cream was really the culprit, I waited for my skin to clear up & tried it again. After only two days, the acne flared up again. I rarely break out from anything, so I can't even imagine what this could do to someone with acne prone skin. If you're looking for a light, natural foundation, I recommend Make Up For Ever Face & Body. It provides a fresh radiant look without the clogged pores. I love MAC so it pains me to say this, but in my opinion this is a terrible product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 4:34:00 AM More reviews by EmilyTaylor1216

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product after deciding my MAC Pro-longwear foundation was just a little too heavy for what I was looking for. I used this product for weeks before finally deciding against it. At first, I loved it! I felt it had the perfect coverage that was just right for my skin. After a few weeks I began noticing it settling into my lines (laugh lines). I also felt it never really settled onto my skin. It moved around a lot, I couldn't wipe my face with the slightest pressure without leaving an obvious mark on my face. I found that it also broke out my acne-prone skin, which isn't really that hard to do, but I didn't need/want this contributing to the problem. I feel that if your skin was more dry, and not as acne prone, you may love this BB cream, but for me, it was a bust.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by aapoprocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use much much anymore because i find it too heavy. This made my skin break out terribly. I haven't used it in 6 days and my skin is still suffering for the few days I used it. But when I did you it i really like the coverage it gave.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by nudibelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is AMAZING!
Ive heard of bb creams but just never jumped on the bandwagon. I was looking for something i can use everyday. Something light
THIS IS IT!
Upon one swatch I just knew this was what ive always been looking for. Just something lightweight and simple that will even my skin out. Ive been using for abt 3 weeks now and have not broken out in anyway. Feels light weight on my skin. I doubt i ever wear another foundation again