Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume

3.2

on 5/18/2014 7:32:00 AM

So far I liked all the mascaras by Clinique, but this has been a big disappointment for me. I donīt have short or sparse lashes to begin with, so it shouldnīt be that big of a deal to make them look a bit lush. But with this mascara, the only thing that happens to me is that it colors them black, but somehow it doesnīt seem to grasp the whole lenght of the lashes and it seems to dispose a blob of color just from the roots to the middle - in the end, my lashes look kind of short and clumpy - this phenomenon I never had with any other mascara! The brush doesnīt separate, it just globs more color on and leaves lots of residue on the neck of the tube. I canīt even bother to use it up.

on 1/13/2014 11:53:00 PM

It clumps your lashes , gives you some length and is expensive... I got it at Bloomingdales and regret it. The benefit one is kind of like a dupe of that one I feel like . Stick to benefit they're real!

on 1/3/2014 11:28:00 PM

I have long lashes and love to thicken them with volumizing mascaras. I used to use L'Oreal Volumizer, but I was finding the formula had changed over the last couple tubes (very clumpy). I don't seem to have the same clumping problem with this mascara; I am thinking it is because of the short bristles on the brush. My lashes seperate and thicken with this mascara. Makes me look like I am wearing false lashes. Will repurchase in the future.

on 12/10/2013 7:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been on the fence about this mascara. It's definitely the best one by Cinique, but that's not saying much. I do get a decent amount of volume from this formula, but it tends to clump easily after a few months when it starts drying out (as do many mascaras). Also, for some reason, I always have problems with the brush - I get this mascara alll over my lids :X Why do I not have this issue with other mascaras? Not sure. But it does make me think twice before reaching for this one.

All in all, I think some people will be very happy with this. For me, it was an alright purchase, but not a repurchase.

on 11/2/2013 7:26:00 PM

not sure i would purchase this again. i change mascaras a lot as i am still searching for my hg. any recommendations would be welcome! the packaging is gorgeous and screams quality. the black is a deep inky black, the perfect colour. the brush in my opinion lets it down. it is hard to coat the lashes evenly as a lot of colour is dispensed to start with and adding a second coat seems to make the eyelashes spidery. i would say this is more of a lengthing mascara, it doesn't really give the volume implied in the name. as i tend to look for volume rather than length i may not buy this mascara again.

on 10/23/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been repurchasing it for a long time now. This is the BEST mascara i've ever own.

on 10/20/2013 7:26:00 AM

My go-to mascara, was given it originally as a gift, and tried it once i finished my other mascara but have now converted to using the high impact extreme, creates great volume and length!

on 10/17/2013 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This reminds me of Benefit's They're Real but a little better with the volumizing. To me it is too glossy and although it lengthens my lashes, it does not give extreme volume. Maybe once it dries out just a bit I will like it more. For reference my ideal lashes come from using L'oreal Voluminous.

on 9/6/2013 10:30:00 PM

This is my go-to mascara. It volumizes and lengthens my eyelashes beautifully, and it really highlights my eyes. It does tend to get a bit clumpy if you apply too many layers, but otherwise, I have no complaints.

on 8/5/2013 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

There really are not any positives to this mascara. It clumps and makes your eyelashes stick together instead of giving them volume. Lash combs really do not fix the problem. It is very messy to apply, I think partly because the wand is so huge. It's hard to coat all of your lashes without making a huge mess, particularly if you need to get at the roots like I do, as my lashes are blonde to the point of invisibility. Again, this can probably be attributed to the size of the wand. This mascara is too expensive for what it gives. I'm very disappointed with the results of this product.