April 17, 2014 | 1966 users online

Hair - Clairol - herbal essences honey i'm strong shampoo and conditioner

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Luvmakeup626

I have and an oily scalp while my ends are not reallly dry but more on the drier side. I thought this would help prevent split ends since it is supposed to strengthin hair but it did not at all. It also made my hair realllly oily the same day i washed my hair but like i said before my hair is naturally oily so if u have dry hair this shouldnt make your hair oily. I do like the way it makes my hair feel when i wash the conditioner out of my hair ( i only apply conditioner to my ends) but the silky feeling doesnt last long. One day when i was standing in the shower i began to read the ingridients and i was horrified!!! Herbal is cheap for a reason!

over all thoughts

i didnt like these products and i dont recomend for anyone, however if you arent really specific about what you are putting in your hair or if you are on a really tight budjet then you could give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by SarahZebra1428

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Product does nothing special to my hair except weighs it down

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have straight, BABY FINE hair for reference

I spotted this conditioner with a free full size SET ME UP hairspray with it for cheap at BigLots. I remember the commercials and how nice the commercial was and was like ehh why not. I usually ALWAYS read reviews on my phone while purchasing any makeup/beauty but didn't have it with me at the time so bought this not knowing anything about it...

Glad I did!! This conditioner works like your avg conditioner but it makes up for that with me because it smells so SO good and the smell lasts in my hair all day long!! Like it's insane how good it smells especially when my hair is warm from my neck wearing it down, I get whiffs of it throughout the day. It's like a tropical/mango/honey/vanilla smell mixture and its very well blended so it's not like you can pick up on any one of those scents.

The way I use conditioner is kinda weird compared to how it's normally used. Since my hair is fine and gets weighed down easily, I always wet my hair first in the shower, gently squeeze as much water as I can out, and then coat the strands underneath my earlobe level all the way to the ends with this conditioner. I let it sit for like a minute or two and then grab my shampoo and cleanse my scalp areas, but not the bottom. It's kinda like having combination skin and only putting creams on dry areas and astringents on oily areas. I've found this to be best with my hair type to get really healthy hair. I always use a natural/organic shampoo that has a super neutral smell but cleans really well. I havent had much luck with organic conditioners ever which is why I use regular drugstore ones like this one. Since it doesn't touch my scalp (which is oily,naturally), I don't fret over it absorbing in my skin or whatever. I rinse everything at once, lazily attempting to keep the ends moisturized and the scalp very fresh and clean and it works terrifically!

I would totally buy this IF I happen to catch a good deal like I did on the bonus size that I have now. I paid the price of the conditioner but got a free hairspray, which made it worth it for me. I like my hair smelling good and since perfumes/sprays have alcohol in them, they dry my hair out so I like having this yummy smelling conditioner on hand.

Packaging kind of sucks when you're towards the end of the product. It becomes difficult to squeeze, especially with wet hands in the shower!! The bottom is so much bigger than the spout so storing it upside down doesn't work well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by alackofcolor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really love this shampoo/condish combo! My hair can get quite greasy at the scalp but dry everywhere else (the worst) but this has balanced out my hair nicely. Second wash and my hair is now silky, smooth, shiny and not dry or greasy. No adverse effects and a nice smell. Hair doesn't seem "stronger" but it was never weak or brittle in the first place.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

The scent of this reminds me of an ashtray that someone tried to spray with vanilla air freshener. It didn't do much for my long, thick, wavy hair except tangle it and weigh it down. My ends felt dehydrated and isn't the point of this to strengthen the hair? I ended up giving it to my boyfriend and he uses it for his short hair, since you can't really screw up hair that's like an inch long.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by xruthjox

This has just been launched in the UK about a month ago and its called 'Bee Strong'. It's on offer in most places as it's new out so I recommend to stock up! Am on my 2nd bottle of conditioner, alongside using the shampoo and have also used the mask available.

Good for colour damaged, frizzy hair - I have bleached highlights and have wavey/curly hair. Conditioner is very moisturising and smells great! Not overly honey like, just right. Don't use the conditioner on your roots as can make them a bit greasy and flat.

Great product, bit fussy about some Herbal Essences products but this is a firm favourite and a bargain whilst on offer.

Only thing is, what is with these green lids for all the herbal products?! Don't understand that but never mind!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sundevilblonde

I have only used this duo a few times, but I really love it. The only negative thing I have to say is: the bottom half of my hair is a bleached, fried & highlighted frizzball and the top half (my roots + about 2 inches) i've let grow out natural so i'm really dealing with 2 textures, this shamp/cond made my dry ends feel GREAT. Frizz was tamed, and I could run my fingers through it after blow drying and flat ironing. the downside was that it may be a little too heavy for my hair that is not destroyed from color treating. If you have damaged hair I would absolutely recommend this. Or even if you don't, just avoid getting conditioner near your roots and the rest of your hair will feel seriously so soft. I did vote on the downside for packaging quality only because at WalMart I had no choice but to buy the big bottles and I hate that the conditioner is positioned to stand upside down unlike the shampoo and it just irritates me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I've only been using this shampoo for 3 days but i can see results already! I have fine, pin straight hair down to my shoulders and I'm letting the color grow out. I want to grow my hair long so I can donate it. I have tried hundreds of dollars worth of shampoos from very expensive salon to cheap drug store and nothing has made my hair looks this good! It looks like soft, smooth baby hair! My hair has a nice shine to it and looks super healthy! And in the 3 days I've been using it my brush has about only 5 hairs in it. My hair isn't falling out or breaking! This just might be my HG shampoo! Who would of known a $2.50 bottle of shampoo can give me results that a $30.00 bottle of shampoo can't!?!?!?! I pair this with HE hydralicious feather weight conditioner and it gives me AMAZING results!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Herbal Essences' Honey, I'm Strong is a new line of strengthening hair care products. Herbal Essences says your hair will be "10x stronger in just one wash. The formula coats each hair strange to help repair the protective outer layer and provide strength against future damage. Honey, I'm Strong repairs hair's protective and regulates moisture by mimicking the nature F-layer protection of your hair". If you couldn't infer from the name, this hair care line is infused with honey extracts, which according to Herbal Essences, has been "revered for centuries as a natural healing remedy and beauty secret for the hair." This hair care line consists of the three products, the shampoo and conditioner featured in this review, as well as a mask for deep conditioning. Each bottle of Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner contains 10 fl oz (300ml), which is slightly less than they used to. I paid $5 for both products, I believe I had a coupon or scored some other sort of deal. Herbal Essences products are not tested on animals, however, the brand's parent company Clairol does test. Herbal Essences products are available worldwide at drug and grocery stores and other major retailers. Herbal Essences products are made in America.
Honey, I'm Strong has the same style of packaging as all Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners. Tall, thin, wavy, recyclable bottles. Honey, I'm Strong's bottles are yellow, the shampoo bottle is translucent, the conditioner bottle is opaque, both have a pop up green dispenser. The front of the bottle features the Herbal Essences logo, product name, and a honey comb design with some pouring honey, which looks really appealing. The back of the bottles offer plenty of product information in both English and French, along with the full ingredient lists and some company info.
Honey, I'm Strong Shampoo is a creamy yellow, it kinda looks like honey mustard, which is kinda strange. I prefer Herbal Essences gel formula over their creamy shampoo, usually, but this is an exception. The creamy formula is thick but lathers nicely and spreads through the hair with ease. I kinda believe the claim that this shampoo bonds to the hair because it can be really difficult to rinse out. Honey, I'm Strong does not seem to effect my henna hair color. The conditioner is the same as all Herbal Essences, thick and creamy, you need a lot of it to coat your hair, especially if it's thick like mine. The conditioner is easy to rinse out. I don't feel like this is a particularly effective conditioner formula, but it keeps my hair soft and kinda detangles my knotty hair, so its ok in my book. I don't feel like either the shampoo or conditioner "repairs" damage as much as it adds moisture to give hair a smoother, silkier appearance. I think that Honey, I'm Strong may be capable of preventing future damage if used on a regular basis on healthy, non-heat styled hair. Oh, and I should mention that the Honey, I'm Strong line has a soft, really sweet, pleasant scent that Herbal Essences describes as a mix of apricot and honey.
Herbal Essences newest shampoo and conditioner is pretty nice, it definitely smells good if anything. The formula isn't too different from other Herbal Esseces products. I doubt that Honey, I'm Strong truly repairs damage, but it may be a good preventative. I likely won't repurchase this hair care duo, I'm trying to finish off my Herbal Essences series. I would recommend Breaks Over; which was recently brought into the American Herbal Essences line up under the name of Unbreakable Seduction over Honey, I'm Strong.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this and the hello hydration conditioner..the shampoo is alright, but the conditioner is really good.

I'm currently using it as my co-wash and my hair loves it <3

the packaging however sucks
because i have to use my teeth to try to squeeze conditioner out..
I HAVE the JUMBO bottle =(