July 30, 2014 | 1820 users online

Hair - Clairol - herbal essences honey i'm strong shampoo and conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I have medium-length bleached hair that gets super oily at the roots but my ends are slightly damaged. I picked this up when I was on a trip and forgot to bring my shampoo and conditioner, and I didn't have exceptionally high hopes for this. But I ended up really liking it! I love the smell -- it smells like honey and apricots, and the smell lingers in your hair, which I like. I also really like that the bottles are designed to stand upside down, because it makes getting the product out so much easier when you are running low. I also like how the shampoo and conditioner are a golden yellow in color...It's just a fun change from all the white and clear hair products out there.
The shampoo does a really good job of cleansing my hair, no matter how oily it is or how much product I have in it. It lathers really nicely and rinses out well, without leaving any residue behind like some shampoos can. When I use this shampoo, sometimes I can even get away with skipping a day of washing, which is amazing for me.
The conditioner does a great job of detangling my hair, and it makes it feel really soft and shiny without weighing it down.
I don't think either of these products really did much to strengthen my hair, which is prone to breakage, but since they cleansed and moisturized my hair well and they smell awesome, I would repurchase both products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is truly awful!
The conditioner is sticky with a sweet smell and it really sticks to your hair. It is difficult to rinse the conditioner from the hair. The marketing is sly - the conditioner has a label 'no sulfates' but it does have silicones and the shampoo has the opposite label. Totally misleading for the consumer!

After using the conditioner, I got an itchy scalp and dandruff. Luckily for me, I had purchased the trial sized bottle of conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by zolotayaxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works fine. No better or worse than any other shampoo/conditioner combo. This product is so hyped up that I just had to try it, even though I'm someone who buys salon hair care. The smell is horrid, not like honey at all - just like a sickly sweet, cheap deodorant. The conditioner did an OK job at de-tangling, but nevertheless just one look at the ingredients makes me doubt that this will legitimately strengthen my hair. Not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by alising3248

Ugh this stuff is so mediocre, I'm just glad it was cheap. I'll share my thoughts with a haiku.

This shizz smells SO good
But hair is not soft enough
So what's the point, bro?

It's just eh. My hair feels kinda nice right out of the shower. It's nice in that I can detangle it in the shower with a comb, but I can do that with most conditioners... So, I dry my hair, and it'll feel kinda (emphasis on the kinda) soft for a day, then it gets dry n tangle-y again and my split ends start acting up and I feel sad.

By the way, my hair (I only condition midsection to ends of my hair) is kinda picky, it's thick and long and needs some extra hydration, but most conditioners have done a better job than this.

Yeah, it smells nice, but the scent doesn't even last.

TL;DR: Meh.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Bunny111

N.B. This has just launched in the UK and is called 'Bee Strong' for all you English girlies looking at this review!

I LOVE this product, and this is unusual for me to say as I am a bit of a salon snob- I usually, as a rule only ever use Redken or Kerastase brands, sometimes Tigi at a push. I have long hair- to my mid back but i want it longer and I have it highlighted blonde so i am always very serious about which hair care products I use as I want as little breakage as possible. I have oily, silky hair which gets hideously greasy at the roots and very dry at the ends. I have to wash it every other day regardless of what shampoo or conditioner I use.

This cleaned my hair very, very well. There was no build up and the scent was fantastic. I like hair products you can smell long after using them, and a day after using this someone told me my hair smelled nice! Without straightening with my GHD's or blow drying my hair was silky, soft and shiny and still holding it's natural wave without looking frizzy and kinky. Considering it is less than a fiver a bottle and sometimes on BOGOF I will repurchase for sure. I'm not a convert to cheapo shampoos and conditioners by a long shot, but when my purse strings are tight and my hair is in good nick i'll go straight for this. thumbs up H.E! Also noticed it reduced breakage and splitting- perfect for someone like me trying to grow their hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally love this brand, but this particular one smelled so awful and left my hair so dry. Smells like old basement with just a hint of honey, and it definitely lingers in hair. So gross. The cap frequently clogs and it's hard to take off and put back on while showering because of the shape.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

I'm not sure that I can't quite find anything BAD to say about Herbal Essences' "Honey I'm Strong" S&C, but I don't think I can say anything outstandingly good about them either. MUA users, these products are, to me, the definition of average. The good is that these aren't damaging for your hair. I didn't notice any drying with the shampoo or buildup with the conditioner, so I suppose for someone with healthy, untreated hair, these would be a great DS product. The bad? They didn't do anything! I noticed absolutely NO improvement in my color treated hair since I began to use these. On top of that, the scent is kind of boring (very generic 'clean' scent) and the packaging is way too busy. I'll finish off the bottle, but I'm definitely not repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by pinksexyhair

I gave 3 lippies but to be more specific, I give the shampoo 1 and the conditioner 5 - All of the Herbal Essence shampoo's with the pearlescent formula's leave a stiff, waxy, and tacky build up on my roots. The Honey I'm Strong shampoo made my hair feel dirty, greasy, and disgusting. The Conditioner is amazing though. It's super thick and creamy. It leaves my hair so shiny, silky, and soft. I like to use the Color Me Happy shampoo with the Honey I'm Strong Conditioner. It gives me great results! Definitely check out the Honey I'm Strong conditioner - but stay away from the matching shampoo!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Luvmakeup626

I have and an oily scalp while my ends are not reallly dry but more on the drier side. I thought this would help prevent split ends since it is supposed to strengthin hair but it did not at all. It also made my hair realllly oily the same day i washed my hair but like i said before my hair is naturally oily so if u have dry hair this shouldnt make your hair oily. I do like the way it makes my hair feel when i wash the conditioner out of my hair ( i only apply conditioner to my ends) but the silky feeling doesnt last long. One day when i was standing in the shower i began to read the ingridients and i was horrified!!! Herbal is cheap for a reason!

over all thoughts

i didnt like these products and i dont recomend for anyone, however if you arent really specific about what you are putting in your hair or if you are on a really tight budjet then you could give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by SarahZebra1428

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Product does nothing special to my hair except weighs it down