April 17, 2014 | 1252 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Markella1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara! It's been my favorite for the past few months.

First off, my eyelashes are reasonably long and voluminous(without being extreme), Meaning If i use a good mascara people ask me if they are fake.I'm saying this because i think it's really importand for any mascara review!

Secondly, i generally prefer mascaras that have dramatic results as opposed to natural looking ones! *BUT* i seek the effect of having many-many thick and long lashes, i dislike the "4 spider legs" effect.

And thirdly, i favor britsle wands instead of plastic ones.

Pros:
-Volume
-Length (!)
- Adds tons of volume and pigment on the roots, but leaves the tips of the lashes separated- which to me is amazing and rare to find!
- The wand is veeery big, and needs some getting used to, but at the same time even if it smudges while applying, it tends to smudge along the upper lashline, which actually gives a cool "eyeliner/thick roots" effect.
-Leaves my eyelashes soft!
-Extremely buildable(one of the best in that department)

Cons:
- It doesn't flake or smudge underneath my eye, but since my eyelashes get pretty long they tend to touch the area right underneath my eyebrow. Adding to that, that i have oily eyelids, this causes some mascara smudges there after 2-3 hours, which i hadn't experienced with many mascaras before. I wipe it with my finger and comes right off and while it does frustrate me, i can overlook it. But this might be an issue for some people.
- It is known that if you make a mistake while applying the mascara, and you smudge it somewhere on your face, all you do is wait for it to completely dry and then using a dry q-tip you wipe it off with one move......well , it's not that easy with this one. Once you smudge it, it needs a little bit more effort to take it off. Again, for me it's worth it, but for others this might be annoying.

Other mascaras that i generally like(more or less, just to give you an idea of my tastes): Lancome-Hypnose(the original), Maybelline- The falsies Black Drama, Maybelline- The colosal smoky eyes, L'oreal Voluminous, Prestige-My blackest lashes, Diorshow, Jordana- Best lash extreme

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this the other day to replace my Max Factor False Lash Effect, which I've been using on and off for a few years and it pretty much a good go-to mascara. I hoped that the Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex mascara would add more volume to my lashes and make them appear more luscious. Unfortunately, while the mascara is definitely thickening, I found it to be clumpy compared to the smooth more glossy Max Factor formula, the brush is too big, and while the mascara comes off easily with a makeup wipe and stops me from pulling my lashes, it washes off an odd blue colour in the shower and is far too messy. I was pretty disappointed with this mascara and have bought an Art Deco Perfect Volume mascara to replace it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Milly17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this just did nothing for my lashes..! made them look thick and clumpy, shorter in length, I really don't like the massive brush applicator either makes It difficult to get to small lashes in corners.. maybe its just me but really didn't like the formula or brush. the only plus is its very black that's it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is ok for me. I find it makes my lashes very spidery, but very long. I have to be extremely careful when applying or it leaves big clumps and makes my lashes stick together too much! I am not a fan and won't buy this again. The brush is very big and has lots of product on it. Removing some of the product with a couple light wipes would probably make application a lot nicer. I am impressed with how long it makes my lashes. Like someone else has said, it is hard to remove and kind of leaves darkness around my eyes if its not completely wiped off. I have to apply my Clinique Hight Impact mascara to separate the lashes and remove clumps. It stays most of the day and I haven't seen any flaking yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by amandahart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, the wand is big (i'm a big fan of big brushes), the formula is easy to dry and it goes onto my lashes smoothly giving both volume and length. The only problem I have is probably how it tends to clump but that's not really a problem because I can always brush it out. The smell isn't really noticable, you'd probably have to lean in really close to smell it. Lasted from 8 in the morning to around 10 at night. Be careful because it may smudge if you rub it too much and if it is really humid that day. I will definitely buy it again if I ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by nanhee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

on a mascara roll...my latest faves being loreal butterfly, loreal millions excess and this ...im favoring this tho cuz it makes my stubby lashes look def more lush n long compared to the other two however smudges a lil bit next smudgeiest is excess butterfly doesnt at all but the loreal ones are NOT as lengthening AND thickening and both are a bit stiff looking compared to scandal eyes this is my pick of these three. PS the brush is kinda fat and wud get on my lid ( asian hooded lid, short straight wimpy pointing down lashes)so i finally wipe off wand and trimmed the bristels down to nothingish on one half voila problem solved hahaa

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The brush applicator is a tad bit bigger then normal but its pretty fast to get used to. But i've also noticed that this mascara is hard to get off, it leaves kind of like a stain if you don't take it off correctly. On the brightside, with 1 coat of mascara my eyelashes look great, long, and I don't have to spend too much time doing them. Plus I love how the color (001 Black) comes out because it makes my eyelashes stand out and look long.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I'm standing in Target, jonesing for a new mascara, and after a quick search on MUA, I decided upon this one.

And to be perfectly frank, I'm still not 100% sure what to make of this mascara. I want to like it, but it doesn't seem to like me back.

It doesn't do much for length, but where the formula lacks in lengthening it makes up in volumizing: this mascara -- on a good day, with perhaps some minor assistance with a Mac 205 mascara fan brush -- gives me dark, thick, fluttery lashes.

What's annoying is that it's impossible for me to apply this without getting spatters on my eyelids. I've dragged the brush through my lashes; I've blinked my lashes through the brush; I've combed off excess mascara before attempting any application whatsoever.

But any which way I do it, it's invariably making a mess of my eyelids. I don't think it's the size of the brush that's problematic...I heart Diorshow and its gargantuan brush just fine. No, this mascara formula just seems to be a smidge too wet. It's not as bad as some of those really wet mascaras out there -- LOOKING AT YOU ZOOMLASH -- but enough to make it a chore to use.

The real dealbreaker, though, is that this smudges after a few hours. By midday, I look like I have black hollows under my eyes. It's bizarre and really disappointing, as smudging is usually one of my last concerns.

That all being said, I'm giving this a three: it has enough redeeming qualities that someone else might be able to maximize its potential. Bummer that it can't be me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember trying the original formula for this and being absolutely blown away. This has to be a new formula, because the tube is different, the mascara so-so, and the applicator terrible. Shame, as it was amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Shireenlouwill

I have pretty long dead straight lashes and this mascara curls them up lovely and all day!! And if you wanna top it up during the day. Just goes on without clumps! Also have comments asking if I'm wearing falsies. Good mascara. .... Only downfall... Is .. The brush being too big when I try to get my inner lashes. End up with mascara on the skin.