August 1, 2014 | 1843 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So against my habit, I bought this product by searching what's the best foundation for oily sensitive acne prone skin on google instead on make up alley. I got a great review on vogue.co.uk so i decided to buy it anyway. (I wore Shade 04 - Naturel, my skin is pink with yellow undertone - I'm asian)

So despite the universal panick about the Lavender (for 9 months of usage, i never had any break-out, which is rarely happens) and the other things, I find this product give me a FULL COVERAGE. It doesn't cakey at all, i dont need a touch up after 10 hours (I sprayed my face with Ben Nye's Final Seal) It doesn't cloges to my pore, cover any blemishes I have, and the best part is, it gives me matte-glowy effects, which makes everyone compliment my skin. I use this foundation with my Sigma F80.

The only cons is the packaging and the price. Although the packaging is beautifull, very fancy, it makes the product expensive. It's a great foundation, and I don't think it should be priced that much, since lots of awfull review coming up.

If it ran out, i might consider to repurchase again, but maybe I'll try another product with better review and better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by pilinko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

"This foundation is my miracle product. I have complicated skin that has super dry patches and very oily t zone as well. It has been so hard to find a foundation to control my oil that also won't show my dry spots. This foundation did the trick! The smooth texture covers well and even better if you let it dry and apply a light 2nd coat for full finish. I am in love with this foundation after trying several different high end foundations that promised all day flawless skin. This make up didn't break me out and even lasts through my trip to the gyms! It doesn't make you look cakey, just like you have naturally flawless skin. I received tons of compliments even on my first day of wearing it. VERY pleased. Well worth the price!"

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

1. I like Bobbi Brown for their colors. They match my warm tone skin pretty well without being too yellow like some of the Nars foundations. Warm Ivory is great for light Asian skin.
2. The texture itself is okay. not too thick and not too liquidy; easy to work with. it applies, spreads and blends pretty nicely as well. it gives you time to blend without setting right away when it touches the skin
3. the problem is when this foundation sets. it looks so ever cakey and obvious. I have combination skin.. so oily T zone and dry Cheeks.. but this made even my nose look like its peeling off... my cheeks were a joke..
4. I was surprised to find the price of Bobbi Brown's foundation so high. I don't know what Nars and Bobbi brown are thinking, but their product quality is no where near Dior, YSL, Lancome, and other high end brands.. yet their price is approaching it.
5. good thing about it though is that it doesn't break me out. it does make my face feel suffocated though..I know I'm probably expecting too much because foundations are not meant to have skin breath comfortably, but this is very uncomfortable on the skin.
6. coverage isn't even high for how dry and cakey this foundation is. maybe a medium or less. it corrects for the uneven tone (which honestly any proper foundation does), but doesn't cover hyper pigmentations or acne scars

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is more a 3.5 star review than a full on 4 star one. I'm kind of a foundation junkie because I have very finicky skin that breaks out at the slightest provocation. I've tried MAC (huge pimples), Lancome Teint Idole AND Teint Visionnaire (I have a horrible reaction to Lancome products worse even than with MAC), Origins (caused mild acne and a rash), Becca, Gabriel Cosmetics (it seems the more "natural" the foundation, the angrier my skin gets), MUFE (caused the occasional pimple but in a manageable way so it's been my staple), and a host of other foundations I could mention.

I decided to try this foundation because I've heard a lot of great things about Bobbi Brown and so I did a little research and decided to try it.

What's good:
- NO BREAKOUT! I bought this before checking out the MUA reviews which is pretty unusual for me. When I read the mass freakout about lavendar oil, I put off using this for a while and only finally started on it last month. This is THE FIRST foundation I've EVER used that didn't even break me out in one spot. My skin isn't upset by this one.
- EXCELLENT COLOR MATCH! I'm an NC50 in MAC and a #177 in MUFE HD and the Warm Almond-6.5 is absolutely beautiful on my skin. I love the color and get lots of compliments on how bright my skin looks. I love the color.
- AWESOME STAYING POWER! This doesn't come off on everyone you hug. It stays where it belongs- on your face. It is good for oily skin in my opinion, providing a matte finish that lasts a few hours. Even when you begin to shine, it stays looking nice and glowy rather than emergency "deal-with-me-now" oil-slicky. I've worn this for up to 12 hours and it was still looking good. If I'd had a photo shoot or was going out, I'd probably re-powder around hour 8 though, otherwise it stays looking good enough for casual wear.

So why isn't this HG Status?
This foundation for me would have HG status if not for:
- POOR COVERAGE: I have a lot of dark spots/acne scaring resulting from my acne which I tried to conceal with makeup which led to more acne and the vicious cycle continues. Therefore, I like to use a buildable medium to full coverage foundation. The coverage of this foundation can be best described as light. It doesn't build well and layering it on results in a cakier look rather than more coverage. You can still clearly see my spots even after I've first applied this.
- MATTE FINISH: There's nothing wrong with a matte finish, it's just not my preferred finish. This matte finish is easily toned down by applying this on a damp face (a little water spray and you're good). My main issue with having a finish this mat and a formulation this good for oily skin is that I find that it emphasizes imperfections on the skin. I can see my pores and all the points where my skin is uneven in the first few hours of wear. It's only a few hours in that you get the softer effect.

I'd recommend this foundation for acne-prone skin that isn't super dry and without too many blemishes. I'll continue to use this till it's finished because my skin seems to like it, but I doubt I'll repurchase because it's not covering the flaws I want it to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at how many bad reviews there are on this foundation! I never heard too much about it, but I needed a foundation that actually matched my skin tone (I couldn't find a very good match in MUFE or NARS, unfortunately), so the sales associate at Sephora helped me match a shade in the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation in both natural daylight and store lighting, and we found that "Golden" is perfect for my tan, olive skin. It looks JUST like my skin.

I consider this foundation to be a light to medium coverage. I don't have hyper pigmentation, but I do need a little bit of evening out of the skin, so this is a great option for perfecting my skin without being heavy. It has a satin finish that looks very natural. It is definitely long wearing, and I don't even use a primer.

I love that it comes in a pump, which makes it easy to measure out how much of the product you actually want to use. I usually use one whole pump for the entire face. I apply this product with a damp beauty blender or the real techniques buffing brush.

I am acne prone, and this doesn't break me out. However, I do take care to use a very effective makeup remover after using any makeup item!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie. I have to admit to it. I tried everything from the cheap wet n wild to the most expensive Dior at $85 a bottle and everything in between. I have always had a curiosity with BB because of her statue as a well renowned make up artist of the stars and top models, but i never tried it. I would see her brand at my local sephora and just dabbled some in the back of my hand and thought, "eh, just another foundation.. nothing special." I didn't go back to get it. Well one day i was looking for yet ANOTHER foundation that would make bigger and better promises than my current foundation and i ended up at nordstroms. the SA insisted i sit down in the chair so i could get the "full bobbi brown effect". So i thought, 'ok- i got off work so who cares if i end up looking garrish- i am just going home.' she matched me with warm natural 4.5 and it ended up being a pretty good match. i wanted a medium to full coverage and something that will last 15 hours. This delivered. I wouldn't say this was HG status, but i can't beat the color match and it does last quite a while. I do have to use a primer first and set everything w a setting powder, but at the end of the day i don't have that ever so famous "cake face" or some areas (around my mouth and chin) the foundation seem to disappear by hour #6. Of course i will continue to use it until i get that itch to find something "better" out there and the hunt will start again, but for the time being, i am really liking this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Leila31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color: almond 8... Terrible foundation. I usually wear MAC studio fix (NW47) and wanted to try bobbi brown as it's well known for "natural looking" foundation. 1. Had a bad reaction to my skin (probably because of the lavender) 2. Price - ridiculous $80 (Australia). 3. After an hour or two, it gave me an oily face look. I don't mind a dewy/natural look but the look it gave me was disgusting. It just made my face look soooo incredibly oily and got worst throughout the day. Waste of money, terrible for the skin and gives you a shockingly bad finish. The only positive thing is the packaging, bottle comes with a pump. If you're looking for a natural light coverage foundation, I highly recommend you try the NARS tinted mosturzier. Absolutely brilliant.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by alcambrit

Broke me out immediately. Agree with others about the Lavender oil. Will be returning.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this foundation sometimes when I'm at work. I find it has really nice cover and is great for soothing redness in the skin. I don't like the lavender in it at all and that's a big thumbs down from me, I suffer cystic acne and although it has been active before I started wearing the BB longwear, I worry that the lavender will irritate my skin. Something I don't like about it is I find that on my skin it can sit in pores a bit and it tends to be a bit sticky especially round my nose which can leave it slightly itchy. Apart from these minor things tho, it is a really nice foundation, good cover and nice Matt finish but doesn't look Cakey or like a mask. The price is a bit steep but pump bottle makes it easy and not messy to use, really nice on normal skins, def needs a bit of help with setting powder/retouching powder for oily skins!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this in Porcelain and went back to ask for a refund after noticing the smell- lavender. It's highly fragranced with it and potentially irritating. I swapped it for Moisture Rich which I have some issues with too but at least I can use it without it being an irritant.

This covers well, but as someone with normal-dry skin I found it too matte- it's probably best for very young oily skins.