August 29, 2014 | 1752 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by DDloves2shop

I had been looking for a foundation which would last the day without greasing up on my oily t-zone, and after reading so many great reviews on this product I decided to give it a go.

I was concerned however about the presence of lavender oil which I thought was a reactive agent causing breakouts in the skin. The Bobbi Brown counter in John Lewis Stratford refused to give me a sample and assured me the lavender oil would not make me break out.

So i took the risk (though I probably shouldn't have).

The smell of lavender is quite prominent- and I have only used this twice so I can't say if it would cause irritation after long term use. So far it hasn't. Phew.

Now on to the foundation itself- it is about medium coverage, but buildable. And although reviews rave that it looks so natural and 'just like skin', I thought it looked awful. It looked far from natural, and despite only using one squirt on my whole face it looked cakey.

I absolutely hate the way this foundation looks, feels and smells. Just awful- especially after paying nearly 30 quid for a small bottle.

The application was not the best, as a makeup artist I have worked with some really great foundations- and some really bad ones. I found this to be horrible in application, it doesn't blend well and kind of drags on the skin.
I also found that after a short 4 hour day my skin was oily despite using primer and blotting powder.

The only way I find this product remotely applicable and wearable is by diluting it as a tinted moisturiser. I mix it in with my nivea so soft face cream on an approximate ratio of 2:1 (Face cream : Bobbi Brown foundation) and buff into the skin with the real techniques expert face brush. Only for this reason has it achieved 3 stars- just about.

tsk tsk Bobbi Brown- as a brand I normally adore, you have disappointed me. I would rather return to my drug store brands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25, Warm Sand didn't seem to be a bad color match.. in fact, I thought it was going to be almost a too dark yellow but sheered out ok. (The Skin Finish version in Warm Sand is a lighter yellow.)

Initial application it seemed to sit on my skin, so I had to add some more moisturizer sunscreen to help it settle.. finish is matte, which I'm not against.. but this finish seemed to age me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by ptulip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The MUA said this is more suited for oily skin so it's great for me. This foundation has an excellent colour match on me - especially since my face and neck and two different colours (so annoying) and the inner parts of my face are lighter than the outer parts (also annoying). But this is not HG for me, the coverage is too weak for my face which is covered in hyperpigmenation - as well as this, it's just so expensive (at $68! :( )

Update: This is not the foundation for me at all! Wore it for a full day and it completely oxidized - I didn't even think darker complexioned girls could go orange!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by marcy1245

I always have a hard time getting matched, and after years of being MAC user (nc 25) I decided it was time for a change. I was approached by the only sales rep available and it happened to be at the Bobbi Brown counter. I'd heard of her products before but I was a bit skeptical. I walked in bare faced (acne on full view) and admitted to being a MAC junkie. I was matched to 3.5 warm beige, and I was impressed, so I allowed her to do a full face application. I love the lavender smell, so far, no adverse reactions. Packaging is fancy, I thought the consistency was a bit thick, but it blended very well on my face using a brush. The price is a bit steep, but hey it's my face and it's totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So against my habit, I bought this product by searching what's the best foundation for oily sensitive acne prone skin on google instead on make up alley. I got a great review on vogue.co.uk so i decided to buy it anyway. (I wore Shade 04 - Naturel, my skin is pink with yellow undertone - I'm asian)

So despite the universal panick about the Lavender (for 9 months of usage, i never had any break-out, which is rarely happens) and the other things, I find this product give me a FULL COVERAGE. It doesn't cakey at all, i dont need a touch up after 10 hours (I sprayed my face with Ben Nye's Final Seal) It doesn't cloges to my pore, cover any blemishes I have, and the best part is, it gives me matte-glowy effects, which makes everyone compliment my skin. I use this foundation with my Sigma F80.

The only cons is the packaging and the price. Although the packaging is beautifull, very fancy, it makes the product expensive. It's a great foundation, and I don't think it should be priced that much, since lots of awfull review coming up.

If it ran out, i might consider to repurchase again, but maybe I'll try another product with better review and better price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by pilinko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

"This foundation is my miracle product. I have complicated skin that has super dry patches and very oily t zone as well. It has been so hard to find a foundation to control my oil that also won't show my dry spots. This foundation did the trick! The smooth texture covers well and even better if you let it dry and apply a light 2nd coat for full finish. I am in love with this foundation after trying several different high end foundations that promised all day flawless skin. This make up didn't break me out and even lasts through my trip to the gyms! It doesn't make you look cakey, just like you have naturally flawless skin. I received tons of compliments even on my first day of wearing it. VERY pleased. Well worth the price!"

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

1. I like Bobbi Brown for their colors. They match my warm tone skin pretty well without being too yellow like some of the Nars foundations. Warm Ivory is great for light Asian skin.
2. The texture itself is okay. not too thick and not too liquidy; easy to work with. it applies, spreads and blends pretty nicely as well. it gives you time to blend without setting right away when it touches the skin
3. the problem is when this foundation sets. it looks so ever cakey and obvious. I have combination skin.. so oily T zone and dry Cheeks.. but this made even my nose look like its peeling off... my cheeks were a joke..
4. I was surprised to find the price of Bobbi Brown's foundation so high. I don't know what Nars and Bobbi brown are thinking, but their product quality is no where near Dior, YSL, Lancome, and other high end brands.. yet their price is approaching it.
5. good thing about it though is that it doesn't break me out. it does make my face feel suffocated though..I know I'm probably expecting too much because foundations are not meant to have skin breath comfortably, but this is very uncomfortable on the skin.
6. coverage isn't even high for how dry and cakey this foundation is. maybe a medium or less. it corrects for the uneven tone (which honestly any proper foundation does), but doesn't cover hyper pigmentations or acne scars

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is more a 3.5 star review than a full on 4 star one. I'm kind of a foundation junkie because I have very finicky skin that breaks out at the slightest provocation. I've tried MAC (huge pimples), Lancome Teint Idole AND Teint Visionnaire (I have a horrible reaction to Lancome products worse even than with MAC), Origins (caused mild acne and a rash), Becca, Gabriel Cosmetics (it seems the more "natural" the foundation, the angrier my skin gets), MUFE (caused the occasional pimple but in a manageable way so it's been my staple), and a host of other foundations I could mention.

I decided to try this foundation because I've heard a lot of great things about Bobbi Brown and so I did a little research and decided to try it.

What's good:
- NO BREAKOUT! I bought this before checking out the MUA reviews which is pretty unusual for me. When I read the mass freakout about lavendar oil, I put off using this for a while and only finally started on it last month. This is THE FIRST foundation I've EVER used that didn't even break me out in one spot. My skin isn't upset by this one.
- EXCELLENT COLOR MATCH! I'm an NC50 in MAC and a #177 in MUFE HD and the Warm Almond-6.5 is absolutely beautiful on my skin. I love the color and get lots of compliments on how bright my skin looks. I love the color.
- AWESOME STAYING POWER! This doesn't come off on everyone you hug. It stays where it belongs- on your face. It is good for oily skin in my opinion, providing a matte finish that lasts a few hours. Even when you begin to shine, it stays looking nice and glowy rather than emergency "deal-with-me-now" oil-slicky. I've worn this for up to 12 hours and it was still looking good. If I'd had a photo shoot or was going out, I'd probably re-powder around hour 8 though, otherwise it stays looking good enough for casual wear.

So why isn't this HG Status?
This foundation for me would have HG status if not for:
- POOR COVERAGE: I have a lot of dark spots/acne scaring resulting from my acne which I tried to conceal with makeup which led to more acne and the vicious cycle continues. Therefore, I like to use a buildable medium to full coverage foundation. The coverage of this foundation can be best described as light. It doesn't build well and layering it on results in a cakier look rather than more coverage. You can still clearly see my spots even after I've first applied this.
- MATTE FINISH: There's nothing wrong with a matte finish, it's just not my preferred finish. This matte finish is easily toned down by applying this on a damp face (a little water spray and you're good). My main issue with having a finish this mat and a formulation this good for oily skin is that I find that it emphasizes imperfections on the skin. I can see my pores and all the points where my skin is uneven in the first few hours of wear. It's only a few hours in that you get the softer effect.

I'd recommend this foundation for acne-prone skin that isn't super dry and without too many blemishes. I'll continue to use this till it's finished because my skin seems to like it, but I doubt I'll repurchase because it's not covering the flaws I want it to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at how many bad reviews there are on this foundation! I never heard too much about it, but I needed a foundation that actually matched my skin tone (I couldn't find a very good match in MUFE or NARS, unfortunately), so the sales associate at Sephora helped me match a shade in the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation in both natural daylight and store lighting, and we found that "Golden" is perfect for my tan, olive skin. It looks JUST like my skin.

I consider this foundation to be a light to medium coverage. I don't have hyper pigmentation, but I do need a little bit of evening out of the skin, so this is a great option for perfecting my skin without being heavy. It has a satin finish that looks very natural. It is definitely long wearing, and I don't even use a primer.

I love that it comes in a pump, which makes it easy to measure out how much of the product you actually want to use. I usually use one whole pump for the entire face. I apply this product with a damp beauty blender or the real techniques buffing brush.

I am acne prone, and this doesn't break me out. However, I do take care to use a very effective makeup remover after using any makeup item!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie. I have to admit to it. I tried everything from the cheap wet n wild to the most expensive Dior at $85 a bottle and everything in between. I have always had a curiosity with BB because of her statue as a well renowned make up artist of the stars and top models, but i never tried it. I would see her brand at my local sephora and just dabbled some in the back of my hand and thought, "eh, just another foundation.. nothing special." I didn't go back to get it. Well one day i was looking for yet ANOTHER foundation that would make bigger and better promises than my current foundation and i ended up at nordstroms. the SA insisted i sit down in the chair so i could get the "full bobbi brown effect". So i thought, 'ok- i got off work so who cares if i end up looking garrish- i am just going home.' she matched me with warm natural 4.5 and it ended up being a pretty good match. i wanted a medium to full coverage and something that will last 15 hours. This delivered. I wouldn't say this was HG status, but i can't beat the color match and it does last quite a while. I do have to use a primer first and set everything w a setting powder, but at the end of the day i don't have that ever so famous "cake face" or some areas (around my mouth and chin) the foundation seem to disappear by hour #6. Of course i will continue to use it until i get that itch to find something "better" out there and the hunt will start again, but for the time being, i am really liking this.