Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

2.9

Octinoxate (2.9%), Titanium Dioxide (1.6%) Other: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar), Glyceryl Oleate, Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Talc, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 1/12/2015 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first Bobbi Brown product. I got the shade Honey (for ref im an NC42-43 in mac). The shade was perfect for my skin tone. I use a primer underneath it because the staying power is really poor (why?? Its supposed to be long wear!!) 3 hours after application my T-zone starts to oil like crazy and at the end of the day the whole thing is gone :( The lavender scent doesnt bother me at all although I think thats the culprit why I started breaking out again (boohoo!) Overall I wouldnt buy this product again its too expensive and doesnt live up to its name. Im just gonna finish my bottle and go back to my Revlon Colorstay Foundation. Haha!

on 1/2/2015 11:20:00 AM

I hate this. I got my makeup done at Bobbi brown and this was the foundation the lady (for some heinous reason) chose to use on me. At the end of the makeup session you can choose a makeup item that was used on you for "free", and if I had known what a horrible foundation this is, I most certainly would not have chosen it.

Firstly, why the lavender?!? A foundation should not be sented and lavender oil is not good for your skin, in fact it irritates the crap out of it. Also, the price tag is rediculous for what it is, $95 in New Zealand. I cannot justify that. The foundation itself is the worst part though, it clings to my face like nothing else, emphasising every little hair and pore. It takes a million years to set and even with a finishing spray is still very tacky. It feels so thick on the skin which is such a shame because the colour match is perfect for me and I like the coverage.

I emplore you to try before you buy.

on 11/4/2014 10:54:00 AM

I love Bobbi Brown powders, shadows, etc., and was really excited to try this after it looked beautiful in the store. However, this broke me out with several small pimples that didn't go away for over a week after discontinuing. I couldn't figure out what was causing it and originally thought it was another product, but after discontinuing that product I kept getting more. After I stopped using this, my skin finally started to calm down. It has a really strong fragrance, which to me = chemicals. Sad, because I really had high hopes!

on 10/20/2014 5:06:00 AM

Great foundation!

I buy mine at 4.25 (Natural Tan) as my color is weird, im fair but sometimes look a bit darker than fair people.

I love this foundation BUT BUT BUT there are a few cons! I will list the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. It gives a very nice finish - not too matte or too glossy - since most longwear foundations give you a very matte cakey look, this doesn't

2. The color is the ONLY foundation I have ever found that matches my real color

3. It is Long wear, HOWEVER sometimes my face gets too oily after 3 hours wearing it so I have to dab it with a tissue every now and then

4. SOMETIMES it causes me breakouts, but not the bad types of breakouts and not really sure if its from this foundation

CONS:

1. as mentioned the breakouts (but im not sure if its from this foundation)

2. sometimes my face looks too oily after 3 hours

3. the texture is a bit thick and when put on the face your face becomes a bit stickyish

I would buy this foundation again, ONLY because of the after finish, as it one of those foundations were it is a fair color and doesn't make you look DEAD, it makes you look alive.. BUT I also use other foundations, depends on the occasion..

on 10/10/2014 11:56:00 AM

I was so excited when this foundation came and the shade I bought, Alabaster, was a perfect match for my skin! I had been using Revlon Color Stay foundation for years and because I have yellow undertones, have had to use a shade way too dark for my skin and have been adding white to it. It's a pain in the butt.
So my first day wearing this foundation was a disaster. Yes it matched well, but by 5pm my face was an oily mess. I hate wearing primer, and usually try to get away with just using an oil-free moisturizer gel. I had purchased Shiseido Ibuki moisturizer along with this foundation and decided to wear that underneath....well, hello oil.
Now today I used my Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer with my usual gel moisturizer and so far my skin is oil free. I know a lot of people complain about the smell, but it doesn't bother me and it faded really fast. This foundation has a weird kind of sticky texture to it, but I have had no problems blending it in with my flat-top brush. It blends in well and looks like skin. It's not super heavy and doesn't look cakey. It also covers fairly well, though if you have a lot of blemishes you'd probably need another layer or some good concealer.
I topped it with NYX HD loose powder and it looks great, so far no oil slicks anywhere :)

on 9/28/2014 1:29:00 PM

I really like this foundation, I use it with the rimmel fix and perfect primer, glides on so easily and easy to blend, natural looking but good coverage! Definitely recommend. The only fault I've found is that you have to wait quite some time for it to set, if you put Bronzer on while it's still a bit wet and tacky it goes quite blotchy, which isn't ideal if your in a rush!

on 9/28/2014 7:14:00 AM

In my search to find an everyday foundation, i turned to Bobbi and bought this product in "Natural" the color seemed to match my skin really well!
I loved the packaging of this product and love that you can control the pump, like it wouldn't pump too much product that you wont be using
I had no problem with the smell, but the coverage didn't seem full to me! I would say it gave a medium coverage and doesn't really hide much imperfections, it just gives a semi-matte natural finish.
So if you have acne, red spots, etc. you NEED to use a bit of concealer on them, then use this foundation to give a semi-matte & natural finish. (I would ALWAYS use a translucent powder to set the foundation & for more of a matte finish)
HOWEVER, sometimes, as soon as i remove this product, i would get a teeny bit of acne, which would really stress me out & reconsider using the product again :(
I don't think I would buy it again, it's a bit too pricey for a foundation that doesn't really do much

on 9/12/2014 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bit of a mixed feeling about this one. This foundation was a perfect colour match for me in the winter (sand 2) which is a real miracle for me. The consistency is quite thick which makes it hard to blend in properly, so for a medium coverage application I end up having to use 3-4 pumps (compared to my average 1-2 pumps in every other foundation?!) so that is quite annoying, because its so expensive. I find for something said to be "long-wear" the staying power isn't great, on a night out, primed and powdered, I arrived home (5-6 hours) and was not happy with what I saw, if you're used to estee lauder double wear, don't touch this stuff you're going to be disappointed! Another thing, the smell of this foundation seems so unnecessary, foundation doesn't need to be perfumed so I find the addition of lavender (?) quite weird and its pretty strong as well. All in all won't be repurchasing this one, especially given that the price is that much more that ELDW, I will just have to keep up my tan over winter.
xoxo Miss Skye

on 9/2/2014 1:28:00 PM

I turned to Bobbi Brown after my summer tan started to fade and my HG foundation (Estee Lauder DW, 1W1 Bone) was too dark/orange for my skin even in it's lightest shade.

I heard Bobbi Brown catered for pale skinned people like myself. I was matched with Sand which turned out to be the perfect colour match for me. Unfortunately that is were the positive comments end.

Because the colour match was so good, I was quite confident with this foundation and so put my sample on before work one morning. I have a busy job and so didn't have time to check my skin during the day. When I got home I was HORRIFIED. The make-up had literally melted off my face and streaked down it.. my nose had awful runny lines. I don't even have oily skin, I have dry skin (maybe this is why this happened? because this foundation is designed for oily skin maybe!?) so was left very confused.

Because I loved the colour so much and the coverage was decent, I gave it another go when I popped to town one day. The results were exactly the same.

This is most definitely not what I would expect from such an expensive brand. I'm so grateful I did not buy the actual bottle. I can't believe this hasn't happened to more people!

I tired a weeks sample of this and if you are looking for full coverage this is great, having said that it did look cakey on my face and seeped into my pores. It doesn't do much to control my oily forehead.

There are a wide range of colours available and i was matched perfectly to beige.

This is an okay foundation, nothing special and like others have said, the Revlon Colour Stay is just as good for half the price.