July 29, 2014 | 2118 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Shine Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by celeborn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder ever! i have very oily skin which means that after like an hour my face looks like you could fry eggs on it, normally i would have to touch up ever hour with any other powder, but with this one my face stays fresh looking up to 3 hours and even then it gets minimal shine if i dont touch up, its seriously amazing ii love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sleeplessdesires

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is my absolute favorite powder! I have used many powders in my day but none of them have the effectiveness of this one. It is really good at mattifying, it makes my skin look flawless or damn near close to it, and the packaging is really good because it is compact. If you have oily skin I think it does wonders to prevent it from looking too greasy. It also goes on clear no color whatsoever so that's a really good thing especially for me because when I have used colored powders it just did not go well with my complexion. Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a really good powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea884

I love this product, I have dry skin and an extremely oily NOSE ( weird I know) I have tried everything. you name it I've tried it. I finally gave in and bought it. I was a little scared because it is translucent powder and I'm black I didn't want an ashy nose. I'm glad I did because I love it. it controls the oil like no other. I keep looking in the mirror waiting for the oil to appear but nothing. I love love love it and will totally recommend this.

April 25th 2014
so I think this product worked on me just for one day. the first time used it I was completely oil free. I thought I had found the perfect powder sent to me by the almighty... oooh boy was I wrong. the next day I used this it was completely horrible didn't work at all and made me look so ashy and chalky. very horrible threw it out in anger.

black girls I don't care what anyone says about it being translucent please please stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by gem13

I love the powder. I have used it for a while since it first came out. But lately with the past two compacts I've used, I begin to have concern. As the powder ran thin in the center and the metal plate below the powder became exposed I see a black color on my cotton pad applicator mixed in with the powder on the pad. Of coarse I suspected the exposed metal plate below holding the powder. I removed all the powder from the compact and wiped a cotton ball all around on that metal plate. the cotton ball came up with a dark thick amount of black stuff on it.
What I want to know is what is this metal plate holding the powder we put on our faces made of. Lead? made in china? What? Neutrogena company had no answer for me when I called them. I bought three 3 compacts all at the same time and they all have them same lot number on them. I am now on the second of these three compacts and fear the third will be the same.
A waste of money and scary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by RachRachRevolution

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff...this is gearing up to be HG status.
I have a very oily t-zone, and am EXTREMELY fair. I have this in the lightest shade, which when combined with my kabuki, is a seamless color match with a flawless finish. I usually get very oily with my choice of foundation (Wet 'n' Wild Coverall in 815- Fair), but this keeps the oil at bay seemingly all day. I have never been able to say this about ANY other powder. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My (acne prone) skin tends to get oilier throughout the day and I tend to look like a greasy mess by evening. I've tried countless powders and oil blotting sheets but nothing seemed to help..until I found this gem.

Pros:
- It's translucent so it'll work with any skin tone.
-Great packaging
-Very smooth application - I was extremely impressed by how flawless it made my foundation look
-Comes with a good sponge
-Makes my makeup last hours and hours & controls the oil amazingly

Cons:
...can't think of any. Seriously. Go grab this product! It's $13.99 in CVS I believe and worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by beriahforney

I love this powder. I have oily skin and this helps me stay matte for almost 10 hours! The finished look isn't powdery or cakey at all! This is my HG powder :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by AMSClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG blotting powder that actually does what is advertised CONTROLS OIL. Makes my foundation look fabulous and not cake up! I am getting pretty sick and tired of all the cosmetics and skincare products that say they do something that they do not do! This is powder is amazing and cheap, what more could you ask for?!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Tuney07

I loooove this powder! It's definitely a dupe for the mac blot powder! I think it works better in my opinion not to mention at a fraction of the cost. I lightly brush it on after letting my loreal bb cream set and voila shine free for at least a few hours which says a lot from an oily monster like mysef lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I am oilier than Kuwait during the first Gulf war. Like a duck after the Exxon Valdez accident, or your average McDonals deep frier.

I've tried almost every oil control method under the sun- primers, powders, any makeup product geared towards or designed for oily skinned people. Physical sunscreen has helped a lot, but a mattifying powder is absolute necessity.

I found this looking for a cheaper alternative to Tarte smooth operator finishing powder, which is balls to the walls, but painfully pricy. Neutrogena makes a stunning oil control product that compares equally in its ability to mattify. I find I have to blot only twice or three times per day rather than 10 or more with other powders. It has a light finish and never cakes.

I am pleasantly surprised by this and will continue to repurchase. $11 or $12 is totally worth it, especially for people struggling with oil control.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No