December 21, 2014 | 1940 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Shine Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Guypower2

I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm a guy so who loves to perfect my skin, and this does that. It has an extremely natural and blendable color, because I put it on and it covers up my acne and dark spots, which I thought was weird for non makeup. My skin is oily and this lasts long enough to last through 2 hours of intermediate exercise (I sweat a lot) and a remaining 6 hours of school. Which I thought was astonishing, and I only only spend like 5 minutes a applying it. The only bothering things in my opinion which I find about is: 1. The mirror sucks and it's better to use another one 2. The cotton pad it comes with clumps the powder up on my skin and makes it all horrible and very difficult to fix, so I use a makeup brush instead3. You need to be close to a window to get natural light because I noticed it leaves excess powder over your face which I couldn't see until I got close to a window. But overall the problems are fixable and I absolutely love this product (sorry for the long review).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my foundation when I don't feel like dealing with the messy packaging of my Holy Grail Palladio Loose Rice Powder or if I'm rushing & don't have the time to. I do feel like it keeps me matte for a good while & the packaging is so convenient for travel/touch ups. This is my Holy Grail Pressed Powder. I am a long time lover of transparent powders because I feel as though they are easier to work with & you don't have to try to find your shade which can be very difficult in a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product! Bought MACs blot powder and thought this worked much better than that. When applied it gives me such a nice soft matte finish. I do have an oily tzone and this kept me stay shine free for about two and a half hours until i reapply (which to me isn't a big deal, havent found a powder thats kept me shine free for hours on end). Looks great when reapplied too. Price is a little high ($12) but worth it to me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Neutrogena powder is truly fantastic. I used to use MAC's Blot powder (which is much more expensive) and this is a great dupe for me. I'm very fair so I don't have any trouble with a white cast (though I could see how that would be a problem for darker skin tones). I use a small amount of this powder with a large, fluffy brush to set my makeup (just my T-zone in the winter, my entire face in the summer). It keeps my makeup intact all day and controls my shine for about 6 hours until I have to blot and reapply. The great thing about this powder is that I can touch up with this or with my favorite L'Oreal True Match powder during the day without my face looking cake-y, a problem I had with the MAC powder. The Neutrogena powder slightly expensive for a drugstore product, but nonetheless I have already repurchased and will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

Doesn't control my oil. Too expensive for something that doesn't work. Won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For a long time I was torn on this powder. I have combo skin and during the summer it didn't control my oil at all and I hated it. But then winter came and I decided to give it another go. Suddenly I loved this powder. I gives my foundation the prettiest natural matte finish which really was nice in dry winter months. Also, because my skin was less oily, it kept me shine free. Other positives: I love a pressed form. I hate messy loose powders. I love that it's talc free. I'm quite sensitive to talc in face powders; they all make me itch like crazy. It lasts quite a while. It's easy to find and easy to get on sale (I feel it's a little pricey when not on sale for a drugstore powder).
So I guess my too cents would be, if you have super oily skin it may not control your oil enough. If I use with with urban decay deslick it holds up much better. But this powder is continuing to grow on me so once I use up the rest of my powders I can see repurchasing this.
edit 9/8/14 this has grown quite a bit on me. I really love the finish, kind of a natural soft matte. upping my rating from 4 to 5 and definitely repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Was really nervous about the lauroyl lysine in this product, as I usually avoid it at all costs. Been wearing for 3 days (I keep it in my purse for touch ups only) and haven't had any cystic breakouts. My pores are a little clogged, but really that could be anything with my skin.

On the upside, I think I could pour chicken grease on my face and this stuff would soak it right up. Only product that actually mattifies for me. Lasts 6+ hours! and even then! the oil breakthrough is very slight (probably not noticeable to anyone but me).

I have noticed when used on top of the Shine Control foundation and Healthy Skin pressed powder (using this as a touch up only later in the day), it looks great at first but eventually dries out the dry areas and looks patchy where it is drying up the separated foundation. Better over sunscreen/powder alone. Wish it were cheaper but after trying so many high end products that don't do half what they claim, I'll take it. I am tempted to buy more to keep in my car and bathroom!

EDIT: had to return. Getting little bumps again, and I'm too scared it's this powder (or the other Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder)...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by celeborn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder ever! i have very oily skin which means that after like an hour my face looks like you could fry eggs on it, normally i would have to touch up ever hour with any other powder, but with this one my face stays fresh looking up to 3 hours and even then it gets minimal shine if i dont touch up, its seriously amazing ii love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sleeplessdesires

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is my absolute favorite powder! I have used many powders in my day but none of them have the effectiveness of this one. It is really good at mattifying, it makes my skin look flawless or damn near close to it, and the packaging is really good because it is compact. If you have oily skin I think it does wonders to prevent it from looking too greasy. It also goes on clear no color whatsoever so that's a really good thing especially for me because when I have used colored powders it just did not go well with my complexion. Overall I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a really good powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea884

I love this product, I have dry skin and an extremely oily NOSE ( weird I know) I have tried everything. you name it I've tried it. I finally gave in and bought it. I was a little scared because it is translucent powder and I'm black I didn't want an ashy nose. I'm glad I did because I love it. it controls the oil like no other. I keep looking in the mirror waiting for the oil to appear but nothing. I love love love it and will totally recommend this.

April 25th 2014
so I think this product worked on me just for one day. the first time used it I was completely oil free. I thought I had found the perfect powder sent to me by the almighty... oooh boy was I wrong. the next day I used this it was completely horrible didn't work at all and made me look so ashy and chalky. very horrible threw it out in anger.

black girls I don't care what anyone says about it being translucent please please stay away.