Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

I bought this thinking it was the one who got great reviews, but apparently the 24H formula is not the same as the old(?) formula?

I have the bottle that says Normal/Dry skin and with the 24H sticker on it.

Anyways, this thing covers to heavily for me, making my skin look quite fake. It is very hard to get off too.

Also it looks horrible after being worn for the day, everything looks cakey and my skin looks old and dry. (Added a picture)

I would definitely not buy this again. Maybe I've just got the wrong formula, but this is not recommended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This review is for the Oily/Combo Colorstay foundation that does NOT say "SoftFlex." It has a "24 hour" graphic on the cap. This seems to be a new formulation, to me at least.

Maybe this is just where I live (Southeast US), but the "SoftFlex" version of this makeup was the only one available for the past several years. However, I picked up a new bottle a few weeks ago, and the SoftFlex graphic was now gone from all the bottles. And the actual feel and performance of this makeup is noticeably different from the SoftFlex version that I've used in the past.

In the past, this foundation would pour out of the bottle when I tipped it upside down - now I have to forcibly shake the product out of the bottle; it's much thicker. This foundation also used to apply with a matte finish, whether I put on one layer or a few layers - now I get a dewy finish, which only gets dewier the more I apply. Multiple layers also used to give a cakey look, and it was very difficult to blend the product after 10 or so seconds of it being on my skin. Now, with the dewy-finish version, I can build up multiple layers without it looking cakey, as the makeup continues to blend well. In fact, it's so blendable that it gets smudged or streaks if I try to apply anything on top of it (like powder with a brush). I would say the coverage level is about the same.

The two main problems I encountered regard the finish and the blendability. First, with my oily skin, I don't need any more "dewiness." :) I have bought the Oily/Combo version of this product for years (both the SoftFlex type and the one before SoftFlex came out), and it's because it provided a matte finish--at least until my oiliness overcame it a few hours into the day. Now it starts with a dewy finish. Second, I have to be able to put on powder or concealer after I apply this foundation, but a brush application of powder or touching my face at all smudges/streaks the foundation. It's TOO blendable, if that makes sense.

I'm trying to make it work because the color match is so excellent for my skin (the 110 Ivory is far better than either of the palest colors of Estee Lauder Double Wear or Smashbox HD Studio Skin 15 Hour). I never deal with dewy-finish foundations, so maybe this "trick" is known by everyone, but I'm keeping the dewiness to a minimum by only applying the smallest amount of product and not attempting to build it up. This has allowed me to not look totally greasy by noon. The more I build up, the dewier I get. Kind of a catch-22 because I also used to favor this product for its coverage, which I now can't really take advantage of. I'm also just patting the powder/concealer on with my fingertips now and not trying to brush or buff on anything once I apply this foundation. It just doesn't dry like the old one did (the old one dried almost instantly).

My advice would be: if you used Colorstay in oily/combo for the same reasons I did (matte finish, dried/set quickly), do your best to find a SoftFlex version. The 24 hour one is completely different. However, if you stayed away from Colorstay oily/combo in the past because it looked too cakey or dried you out, then you will probably love this 24-hour version.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This. BROKE. ME. OUT!!! I'm a very huggy-type person and so when I started wearing makeup, I was always on the hunt for something that was transfer resistant: enter Revlon Colorstay. I had the old formula for this and I don't know about the reformulation, but the old one was not friendly to us yellow-toned gals. Nevertheless, I decided to stick to this because it wasn't kidding when it said ColorSTAY. Despite the pink undertones, I loved loved loved this foundation. It had full coverage and was completely transfer resistant. I didn't need a powder to set it on my oily skin which was always a plus on my wallet but unfortunately, this broke me out in huge painful cystic acne :( if you're not acne-prone I would definitely recommend this foundation

This is a decent long-wearing foundation. The coverage is medium to heavy. I usually use it when I'm out partying as this is the only foundation I own that can last me the whole night out. I don't like how hard it is to get the product out though. It's just too messy whenever I have to shake it to get the product out to the top.

Ok here is my Revlon Colorstay story. When I started using makeup my mom would buy me wet and wild or Covergirl. When I started working at 17 years old I started wearing Revlon foundation . I tried other Revlon foundations before I tried the Revlon Colortsay foundation. My favorite before Revlon Colorstay was Custom Creations from Revlon when they discontinued it I just used L.A. Colors it was awful discoloration, streaking just bad. It was so bad after I cried in church and the tears dried it left streaks in discolored foundation which made people ask if I was sick yes that bad . I did my research and Revlon was a favorite of a lot of people so I purchased it. I love it . I have combination oily skin and I use the combination /oily formula in the color sand beige. It is cheaper at Wal-Mart or Target but sometimes drugstores have sales. It is my everyday and event foundation. Yes I wore this to wedding even my own wedding and it made my skin look flawless. I have been using it for over two years. It even covers up blemishes great. It is medium to full coverage but you can go light for light coverage. I love the Rimmel stay matte primer and Coty powder with it incredible. My makeup lasts 10 hours where it looks the same as I applied it in the morning . I would say this foundation definitely lasts over 10 hours even 24 hoursyes. I can't use baby wipes to clean off this makeup it forces me to wash my face every night which is a good thing . I think this is better for someone in their 20's or above or someone who works full time and does not want to do touch ups throughout the day. I know a lot of people do not like the packaging but it does not bother me . I can see how much product I have left and even though it does not come in a pump it actually works for me because if I poured out to much I out it back in the glass container my vacuuming it up using the bottle. I also apply it with my fingers because it dries fast and I can work the foundation faster with an even application with my fingers better than a brush or sponge but th is just my opinion. I highly recommend you give it try by the way it is waterproof , sweat proof just my favorite foundation. It also lasts a few months for me . I even tried other foundations and I always go back to Revlon Colorstay is that amazing to me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I first put this on I thought WOW. It looked absolutely flawless and stayed on for the whole day (and I have oily skin)....but by the fourth day I started to notice my skin had become a lot redder, dryer and a little itchy. Maybe I'm just allergic to this makeup but I think it has something to do with the color stay formulation - it is really really hard to get this stuff off!! .....Its such a shame because the medium beige color was perfect for me.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

The packaging is a low blow for me. It is a small bottle, with a cap. Simple looking but it makes it difficult for me to pour out the product because the formula is a thick liquid. I wish there was a pump or it comes with a complimentary spatula. This is great for those who are looking for a medium to full coverage. The smell is not an obvious or overwhelming fragrant. I had to be a little quick when applying and blending because it becomes resistant as it dries. When I used this, I felt I had no need for concealer. Over time, the product doesn't have an oxidizing effect, it has a pretty good staying power for a drug store brand. It was no trouble for my skin other than the lightest color they have, is too dark for me. I had to mix pure white, with this to match me. Running low of this foundation is tough, because it is near impossible to get it out of the bottle. I would buy this again of they offered a wider range of colors.

I have combination skin and this is not the first time I bought this. I have tried many foundations high end and drugstores and this is what I always come back to. The color 310 warm golden matches my skin perfectly. I am about nc30-35. I love the glass bottle but I wish it came with a pump. It's sold everywhere and fairly cheap. It's my holy grail foundation. Stay on forever and doesn't break me out. I love it !

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Returning this foundation right away - tried it a couple times with varying applications and it's so horrible! I have the kind for normal/dry skin in the shade "Buff".

I have dry skin, and this foundation is not nearly moisturizing enough to claim it's for dry skin types. This stuff sucks all the moisture out of your skin, making the finish look dry and cakey. This settled into fine lines and did not blend with concealer nicely. Also, there's so much glitter in this foundation! So that's definitely not good for sensitive & dry skin types.

This foundation dried my skin out and created red patches. However, it did stay on all day long (although it settled into lines over time). This foundation also provides decent medium coverage.

Skip this foundation if you have dry skin or want a natural, real skin looking foundation. There are much better foundations out there for 20 dollars!

Pros:
- does not slide off & long lasting
- medium coverage

Cons:
- cakey
- sparkly (bad for dry/sensitive skin)
- very drying
- does not blend out nicely/look nice with concealer over it
- pricey for it's quality

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nope, sorry, not a fan. I've purchased this in the Oily/Combo ver. multiple times and returned it multiple times (but to be fair, twice it was because I chose the wrong shade). In any case, I just don't like it. The first few times I used it, I felt so fake. It looked so cakey (both with a brush and a beauty sponge). The reason I purchased it is because I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and scarring to cover up. Unfortunately, this foundation made me realize that I'm just not a full-coverage foundation kind of person. I used the color 150 Buff (which seems to be fairly popular because of its yellowish tone), and I swear ever time I applied it, I would look at my face at the end of the night and not believe how ghastly I was looking - so cakey and patchy and grey. Just awful. Not to mention, I started breaking out really bad. I swear, one day I came home, took off my makeup and had 4 new pimples. Developed more the following days. Stopped using it and a week or two later my skin was back to normal. I guess if you're into the full-coverage look this will be great for you, but if you'd rather a foundation actually melt into your skin or just plain look like skin, skip this.