November 26, 2014 | 929 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bubble Bath

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't think I like OPI nail polishes because they're expensive and don't go on well. This one streaks a lot. If I put a lot of layers on, the polish peels easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kaiyrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives me the same effect as Essie Ballet Slippers + Madamoiselle but with only one polish. It's just a really nice, feminine, my-nails-but-better look. I'm not technically allowed to wear nail polish at work, so this polish allows my hands to look finished without making a statement about it. Another thing I like about it - maybe this is just my bottle - it kind of "fixes" itself. Normally colors this sheer can run a little streaky, but that's not a problem with Bubble Bath - if I apply it kind of streaky, it somehow settles to non-streaky, nude heaven. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this polish over the summer because I know it's one of OPI's best sellers. I put on a base coat, two coats of the polish, and a top coat like I always do and I just wasn't that impressed with it so it went in my nail polish drawer and was forgotten about. Last week, I was in Washington, DC on vacation and asked a girl what nail polish she was wearing and she told me Bubble Bath. I just HAD to have it. When I got home, I rushed to my local Ulta and picked it up straight away. Then realized I already had it........ and I tried it again. This time with three coats. I liked it better... but it's no where near as cute as it was on her. But why?!?! Here is my theory: she had a cold undertone to her skin, and the pale pink just popped on her! I have a warm undertone, and the three coats of pale pink almost exactly matches my skin. Instead of popping, it's hardly noticeable on me :(. My boyfriend agrees that this is the reason, he said it was a lot more noticeable on her (bless his heart for listening to my nail polish trials and tribulations). My search for my favorite "nude-ish" nail continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

Bubble Bath is a very sheer, nude pink color. It feels very delicate and feminine. I use about 3 coats to build a solid base color because it is a very soft nude color that can be transparent if not applied correctly. My nails feel fresh and girly after putting on. One of my favorite colors from the OPI collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bubble Bath is a very sheer pink polish in OPI's core line. This is the perfect nude polish. It does go on so sheer at first that it is difficult to see exact placement but this does build up to a nice milky pale pink and healthy look on your nails. The formula on this is thin and this does not self level so you have to apply it carefully to avoid streaks. I use this a lot just for a natural "my nails but better" look as well as for doing french manicures. This is just a great base. Bubble Bath is one of the first OPI polishes I ever bought so this bottle is several years old and well loved. The brush on this is just a standard brush and it's flexible enough to apply polish easily, but it doesn't fan out or apply polish quite as well as the professional brushes do. This is my second favorite nude polish, right behind my favorite Sally Hansen Naked Ambition because it has that shimmer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

I'm a pretty experienced nail polish user, but I could never get this polish to apply without bubbling. It also turned a bit yellowish on my nails after a couple of days. I'm a huge OPI fan, but this color was a fail for me and I'm not sure why it is so popular. I gave mine away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this since it looks amazing on everyone else but on me it looks streaky and uneven on me. i ended up swapping it since i couldnt get it to work for me

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: For really pale types (around NW10) - I wouldn't recommend this nail polish. It's too beigy and looks a little sickly in different lighting. You'll want to try Essie in Mademoiselle or Allure. They have a great sheer pink/cream color that gives the same effect that Bubblebath gives on tanner types. You'll just need to do 2 - 4 coats to get good color payoff. If you want something more opaque with a similar effect with only 2 coats - try L'oreal's "How Romantic."

-----

With two coats, this polish looks too beige and sheer on pale skin (I'm NW10 for reference). With three coats, this polish looks better, but still a little too beige. I love the natural but polished look, and overall this delivers that. I'll still keep an eye out for something a little milkier and pink, though.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have read about this many times. At the salon, I picked this out without knowing the name and was excited to see it on me. With one coat, it is clear with a bit of pink and would be good as base for French Manicure on my NC30 hands. With two coats, it is more milky but still a hint of pink that makes my nails look great but still natural (I work in a conservative environment). Will definitely be repurchasing each time I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG polish! I love this classic, milky pink for everyday wear, especially for the office, no matter what season. It can be a bit tricky to apply, as sometimes it can streak easily. I find that a good top coat (I use Seche Vite) can usually smooth out any streaks that appear.