July 29, 2014 | 1196 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bubble Bath

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

Bubble Bath is a very sheer, nude pink color. It feels very delicate and feminine. I use about 3 coats to build a solid base color because it is a very soft nude color that can be transparent if not applied correctly. My nails feel fresh and girly after putting on. One of my favorite colors from the OPI collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bubble Bath is a very sheer pink polish in OPI's core line. This is the perfect nude polish. It does go on so sheer at first that it is difficult to see exact placement but this does build up to a nice milky pale pink and healthy look on your nails. The formula on this is thin and this does not self level so you have to apply it carefully to avoid streaks. I use this a lot just for a natural "my nails but better" look as well as for doing french manicures. This is just a great base. Bubble Bath is one of the first OPI polishes I ever bought so this bottle is several years old and well loved. The brush on this is just a standard brush and it's flexible enough to apply polish easily, but it doesn't fan out or apply polish quite as well as the professional brushes do. This is my second favorite nude polish, right behind my favorite Sally Hansen Naked Ambition because it has that shimmer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

I'm a pretty experienced nail polish user, but I could never get this polish to apply without bubbling. It also turned a bit yellowish on my nails after a couple of days. I'm a huge OPI fan, but this color was a fail for me and I'm not sure why it is so popular. I gave mine away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this since it looks amazing on everyone else but on me it looks streaky and uneven on me. i ended up swapping it since i couldnt get it to work for me

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: For really pale types (around NW10) - I wouldn't recommend this nail polish. It's too beigy and looks a little sickly in different lighting. You'll want to try Essie in Mademoiselle or Allure. They have a great sheer pink/cream color that gives the same effect that Bubblebath gives on tanner types. You'll just need to do 2 - 4 coats to get good color payoff. If you want something more opaque with a similar effect with only 2 coats - try L'oreal's "How Romantic."

-----

With two coats, this polish looks too beige and sheer on pale skin (I'm NW10 for reference). With three coats, this polish looks better, but still a little too beige. I love the natural but polished look, and overall this delivers that. I'll still keep an eye out for something a little milkier and pink, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have read about this many times. At the salon, I picked this out without knowing the name and was excited to see it on me. With one coat, it is clear with a bit of pink and would be good as base for French Manicure on my NC30 hands. With two coats, it is more milky but still a hint of pink that makes my nails look great but still natural (I work in a conservative environment). Will definitely be repurchasing each time I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG polish! I love this classic, milky pink for everyday wear, especially for the office, no matter what season. It can be a bit tricky to apply, as sometimes it can streak easily. I find that a good top coat (I use Seche Vite) can usually smooth out any streaks that appear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

This is an instant HG. I don't usually do pale or nude colors, but I had an opportunity to get this at a deep discount so I went for it. I love it, it is so natural, I did three coats and a coat of SV, and it's perfect. Classic without being too precious. I wish I'd had this for my wedding, no wonder it is one of the top bridal shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I bought this as it looked like a very natural pink with a hint of beige, no shimmer or sparkle, suitable for daily wear at work. This is a touch too light and cool-toned for my more warmer-toned skin and so it looks a little (but not by much) unnatural. However it is a color which is easy to wear, inoffensive and just makes you look suitably groomed for work. It dries fast and I didn't experience any streaking or bubbling.

I don't like the way that this is so sheer though, I put three coats on and the discolorations on my nails from wearing dark polish are still showing through very visibly. All in all, not a bad polish but would work far better on non-stained nails.

Not an exciting shade by any means, but practical and useful to have on hand. I would probably buy this again, but I am looking for something just a little darker.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have Essie's Mademoiselle and Ballet Slippers, but I like this polish way better. Look, sheer baby pink is sheer baby pink, so if you're going for opaque, you're barking up the wrong tree. I like the tone of this polish -- it really leans pink instead of white, giving my nails a slight enhancement, which is really all I want from this type of color. The formula is nice. Two coats gives me a streak free, semi-sheer finish, with VNL. For reference, my skin tone is NW15. I fair well in general with OPI polishes, so this one unsurprisingly lasts well on my nails and in the bottle, and I love the pro-wide brush.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No