September 19, 2014 | 1254 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible Lacquer Liner 24H in Blackest Black

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This gel eyeliner is everything that I was hoping Maybelline's would be! It's super intense and creamy to work with, but then sets to be completely smudge-proof. It makes a perfect cat eye (you can even use with the surprisingly good quality enclosed brush!) and doesn't slide off on me at all. I also use an angled eyeliner brush to tight line my upper lashes and again, it sets perfectly and lasts all day. I went back to buy Bronze and love it as well. Got them on sale for $6 each, usually is about $10 at drugstores. This has become my staple eyeliner that I always reach for! You know I'll eventually pick up the navy and grey ones too ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm kind of heartbroken to have to return this eyeliner. The gel eyeliner is creamy and glamorous, and with its included brush, it easily draws a sharp and beautiful cat eye. I draw just a subtle cat eye with it, appropriate for meeting professors as well as patients, but still cute and cheeky!

Unfortunately, with my oilslick eyelids, it gives me terrible raccoon eye by the end of the day unless I consciously wipe my undereyes every few hours or so (and I am -not- that mindful). I see some reviews recommend using an eye primer with it, but I'm too lazy/short on time to add yet another product to my lineup when it's been suggested I could just try a liquid liner.

Goodbye, Infallible Lacquer Liner, we could've been great together!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

My lids are very hard to work with, being monolids, and they always eat eyeliner. Liquid always has to totally dry before I fully open my eyes, and often times I have to set gel liners with a black shadow so there is no transfer.
This gel is very very creamy and smooth, very black and pigmented. It also seems to have a true gel formula, because it takes a while to set and I do notice quite a bit of transfer on my lids by the end of the day. It is a nice liner, and I would recommend if you don't have lids like mine. However, I wouldn't repurchase for myself. I gave mine to a friend lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

This eyeliner will smudge but the solution to that is to use a primer (urban decay primer potion).

Pros- Dark, creamy texture, affordable, doesn't tug on application

Cons- Smudges if you dont use a primer, sticker label makes product look cheap

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by rippityrippity

I had a hard time with the brush that came with the liner. The liner smudges too easily and takes too long to dry. Maybe it's just because my eyes are hooded, but I wasn't happy with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by nm1188

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is very black and long lasting but it ALWAYS gets into the corner of my eyes and smudges like crazy. I definitely won't be buying again for that reason alone!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by nysq2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice stuff.

Comes with a nice quality, useful little brush that is perfect for applying this stuff.

The liner goes on smoothly, straight, and black as black can be.

It does smear off after 5 hours or so, so I have to set it with powder to get it to stay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

This is a great liquid liner! Haven't used the brush that comes with it as I prefer the angled brushes, but the formula is great. It's creamy and goes on smoothly, doesn't crease or smudge during the day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The brush isn't great but this is the best gel liner I've yet to use. It's easy to apply and lasts without smudging. Excellent for tightlining.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by pliinko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my third pot of this eyeliner and I'm truly a fan! I use Blackest Black, and it is exactly as advertised....very black!

It lasts a looooong time. If I don't use primer, i'll have a little bit of smudging in the outer corner of my eye at the end of a day, but nothing super noticeable or major. I usually wear cat eyes, and the pointy tips are still intact, just a little bit of transfer below. With primer I don't notice smudging at all (I use either Too Faced or Urban Decay primers). My eyelids are slightly oily, and I get smudging with the Revlon Colorstay retractable, but not this.

I'm an art student studying ceramics, and this eyeliner stands up to dust, sweat, moisture, et cetera. It plays well with eye shadow also, no weird caking or anything like that. and Highly recommend.