August 29, 2014 | 1954 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Shine Control Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

I really have enjoyed this primer it really does make me stay matte throughout the day and makes my makeup look more flawless when applied especially my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Tuney07

This is the first primer I've ever tried and have been using for about 2 months now. I'm a Neutrogena lover and figured this wouldn't disappoint. It's a bit pricey I think I paid $11.99 for it at target. What intrigued me is the rice absorption technology it claims to have and help control shine. So far I've been enjoying it but it doesn't keep me shine free all day. I think about 5 hrs at the most. I do believe the weather, and my skin type play a part in that so if you're not as oily I think it would benefit you more. The tube is practical and easy to use just keep in mind that very little goes a long way! I only use it on my t zone since I'm afraid of piling on the make up products if you know what I mean. It also has a florally scent but I'm not the type who is sensitive to smells so it doesn't bother me. If you go to Ulta and wish to try it, use one of their coupons and buy it for less!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by tatikarina

im 16 years old and I've been looking for a primer that controls my oily skin. I use blotting sheets as well and I don't use foundation so I can't comment on the lasting power of this primer. I mainly bought it because of the oil control that it's supposed to have and I am impressed. it's a little pricey but it instantly mattefies my face. it doesn't last ALLLL day, and I do find that I need to blot my face through out the day, however compared to when I don't use this primer, my skin is disgusting! i will deff repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not your average "primer" - I would say this is more of a "base." If you're looking for something that smooths your skin and evens out lines and fills in holes... I don't know, this doesn't CREATE problems in that area, so if you're young and you just want something to put under make up, I'd recommend it. (Young oily girls, BUY THIS.)

This product though, since I have oily skin, is AMAZING. No matter what I tried my face used to look like an oily puddle after a few hours and when I started wearing this under my make-up, I saw a big difference. I was thrilled.

I don't think this primer is for everyone since it functions more of as a good, healthy base. I have switched it out for a more complex routine as I have grown in make up experience and technique. But for girls new to make up, I would highly recommend it, especially if you aren't wearing primer already. You will be so glad. (I gave one to my sister because I wanted her to have it so much!)

TL,DR; Great product, amazing fresh smell, if you're considering, DO BUY!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great helps my makeup to last all day and give me a matte feel under my foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer is a pretty good. It elongates the duration of my make up, and also helps control the oily sheen on my face during the summer. It also gives my faces a smooth finish and makes application of my make up easier.

Occasionally, I can see some oil peeking through, but it's not a big deal. I just dab it away, and I don't have problems afterwards.

Although I have acne-prone skin, this product has not broken me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The primer spreads quite thin on my skin and doesn't smooth out pores/lines as well as other brands. I have sensitive/dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in search of a mattifying primer and even though I read a lot of mixed reviews I decided to buy this. I've had good luck with most other Neutrogena products and I hoped this would be the same. Mine didn't have a gritty texture like other reviews, I thought it was fairly smooth to apply actually. It worked really well with controlling shine for over 9 hours (especially with the translucent powder) but after two days it dried out my skin pretty bad and broke it out as well. I was very disappointed and had to return it:/ I think it works great for oily skin but maybe not combination/sensitive skin like I have. I would recommend it at least to try cause everyone has different reactions to makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by mikah06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I have ever used, and with that being said, this product overall is OKAY. It is fine for a beginner like me (15, combination skin) but if you have been wearing makeup for a while and are more experienced, this is not for you. If you've previously used different primers, you may be disappointed. I've found that it DOES SOMEWHAT help with shine, but not the oiliness of my skin.

It smells great, but the other day I was applying it and realized there was like, glitter in the formula. I found that extremely odd and I read some reviews on here but no one else has said anything about it from what I can see. The product also tends to leak out of the top when I go to squeeze it out, like it's slightly watery. So, now the whole nozzle/inside of the cap is filled with primer. I would not buy this again, and would probably try something from Benefit instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by eotinia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever write reviews, but I had to praise this product. I have an extremely oily t-zone. I was previously using No.7 Shine Free Primer (which was awesome) but it seemed to be discontinued, so I bought No.7 Beautiful Skin T-Zone Rescue (did nothing). I had a No.7 Primer stashed away but needed something for when it ran out. I always read reviews before purchasing an item. Although I was hesitant because of reviews that said it was gritty, I decided to give it a try.
I am super picky because not only is my skin super oily but it's also super sensitive. I absolutely love this product. There is NO GRITTY FEEL whatsoever. I bought the powder as well. I did take the advice of another reviewer and changed the powder pad to one that was softer.
My t-zone starts shinning minutes after washing my skin. Yes I do use moisturizer despite heavy oily t-zone because as you get older your skin needs hydration & lift, plus you need spf to protect your skin. I wait at least 10minutes after applying moisturizer to apply the primer. Others say it makes them look pale...have not experienced that at all.
I only need to use a primer once to tell if it works on my super oily t-zone. I noticed it worked right away. I love it more than the No.7 Primer I used to adore. I work an 8hr day....I find I only need to use the Neutrogena powder twice before heading home. Whereas before I was consistently using both powder and blotting sheets....and even then I still looked horrendous with all the oil continuously seeping through my pores.
It's a great primer! It is more expensive then others I've bought, but compared to high end name brands it really is'nt bad. Use it with the powder. You won't know if it's right for you unless you try. I'm glad I did :)