July 31, 2014 | 1800 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Shine Control Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not your average "primer" - I would say this is more of a "base." If you're looking for something that smooths your skin and evens out lines and fills in holes... I don't know, this doesn't CREATE problems in that area, so if you're young and you just want something to put under make up, I'd recommend it. (Young oily girls, BUY THIS.)

This product though, since I have oily skin, is AMAZING. No matter what I tried my face used to look like an oily puddle after a few hours and when I started wearing this under my make-up, I saw a big difference. I was thrilled.

I don't think this primer is for everyone since it functions more of as a good, healthy base. I have switched it out for a more complex routine as I have grown in make up experience and technique. But for girls new to make up, I would highly recommend it, especially if you aren't wearing primer already. You will be so glad. (I gave one to my sister because I wanted her to have it so much!)

TL,DR; Great product, amazing fresh smell, if you're considering, DO BUY!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works great helps my makeup to last all day and give me a matte feel under my foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This primer is a pretty good. It elongates the duration of my make up, and also helps control the oily sheen on my face during the summer. It also gives my faces a smooth finish and makes application of my make up easier.

Occasionally, I can see some oil peeking through, but it's not a big deal. I just dab it away, and I don't have problems afterwards.

Although I have acne-prone skin, this product has not broken me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The primer spreads quite thin on my skin and doesn't smooth out pores/lines as well as other brands. I have sensitive/dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in search of a mattifying primer and even though I read a lot of mixed reviews I decided to buy this. I've had good luck with most other Neutrogena products and I hoped this would be the same. Mine didn't have a gritty texture like other reviews, I thought it was fairly smooth to apply actually. It worked really well with controlling shine for over 9 hours (especially with the translucent powder) but after two days it dried out my skin pretty bad and broke it out as well. I was very disappointed and had to return it:/ I think it works great for oily skin but maybe not combination/sensitive skin like I have. I would recommend it at least to try cause everyone has different reactions to makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by mikah06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I have ever used, and with that being said, this product overall is OKAY. It is fine for a beginner like me (15, combination skin) but if you have been wearing makeup for a while and are more experienced, this is not for you. If you've previously used different primers, you may be disappointed. I've found that it DOES SOMEWHAT help with shine, but not the oiliness of my skin.

It smells great, but the other day I was applying it and realized there was like, glitter in the formula. I found that extremely odd and I read some reviews on here but no one else has said anything about it from what I can see. The product also tends to leak out of the top when I go to squeeze it out, like it's slightly watery. So, now the whole nozzle/inside of the cap is filled with primer. I would not buy this again, and would probably try something from Benefit instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by eotinia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever write reviews, but I had to praise this product. I have an extremely oily t-zone. I was previously using No.7 Shine Free Primer (which was awesome) but it seemed to be discontinued, so I bought No.7 Beautiful Skin T-Zone Rescue (did nothing). I had a No.7 Primer stashed away but needed something for when it ran out. I always read reviews before purchasing an item. Although I was hesitant because of reviews that said it was gritty, I decided to give it a try.
I am super picky because not only is my skin super oily but it's also super sensitive. I absolutely love this product. There is NO GRITTY FEEL whatsoever. I bought the powder as well. I did take the advice of another reviewer and changed the powder pad to one that was softer.
My t-zone starts shinning minutes after washing my skin. Yes I do use moisturizer despite heavy oily t-zone because as you get older your skin needs hydration & lift, plus you need spf to protect your skin. I wait at least 10minutes after applying moisturizer to apply the primer. Others say it makes them look pale...have not experienced that at all.
I only need to use a primer once to tell if it works on my super oily t-zone. I noticed it worked right away. I love it more than the No.7 Primer I used to adore. I work an 8hr day....I find I only need to use the Neutrogena powder twice before heading home. Whereas before I was consistently using both powder and blotting sheets....and even then I still looked horrendous with all the oil continuously seeping through my pores.
It's a great primer! It is more expensive then others I've bought, but compared to high end name brands it really is'nt bad. Use it with the powder. You won't know if it's right for you unless you try. I'm glad I did :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Malone27

I am in love with this product! S10.00 is a little pricey for me but totally worth it! It really does what its suppose to do this product makes my skin feel so soft and light and makes my makeup last hours taking away any oily areas I may have.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

Unlike the other reviews stated, this product did control my oil and shine. It does have a white tone and it might play a role in making me look pale and a bit washed out as time went by. I noticed this mostly when I was at work for a while because of stress and sweat that was plays a big factor and when this primer was put to the test, and didn't do its job :( I'm gonna have to try another primer once this one is finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by hannnzyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love LOVE this product! I usually get very oily in my t-zone, but this solved my problem since the first time I tried it! I have very sensitive and combo skin, but this primer has never given me any problems with breaking out or drying my skin out. A little goes a long way, so I only apply a pea sized amount (if that) on my t-zone. I've had the same tube for about 7 months now and I'm not even out yet! I think I paid around $16 for this and I could not rave about it more. Great for everyday use.