April 18, 2014 | 930 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Shine Control Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The primer spreads quite thin on my skin and doesn't smooth out pores/lines as well as other brands. I have sensitive/dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in search of a mattifying primer and even though I read a lot of mixed reviews I decided to buy this. I've had good luck with most other Neutrogena products and I hoped this would be the same. Mine didn't have a gritty texture like other reviews, I thought it was fairly smooth to apply actually. It worked really well with controlling shine for over 9 hours (especially with the translucent powder) but after two days it dried out my skin pretty bad and broke it out as well. I was very disappointed and had to return it:/ I think it works great for oily skin but maybe not combination/sensitive skin like I have. I would recommend it at least to try cause everyone has different reactions to makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by mikah06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I have ever used, and with that being said, this product overall is OKAY. It is fine for a beginner like me (15, combination skin) but if you have been wearing makeup for a while and are more experienced, this is not for you. If you've previously used different primers, you may be disappointed. I've found that it DOES SOMEWHAT help with shine, but not the oiliness of my skin.

It smells great, but the other day I was applying it and realized there was like, glitter in the formula. I found that extremely odd and I read some reviews on here but no one else has said anything about it from what I can see. The product also tends to leak out of the top when I go to squeeze it out, like it's slightly watery. So, now the whole nozzle/inside of the cap is filled with primer. I would not buy this again, and would probably try something from Benefit instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by eotinia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever write reviews, but I had to praise this product. I have an extremely oily t-zone. I was previously using No.7 Shine Free Primer (which was awesome) but it seemed to be discontinued, so I bought No.7 Beautiful Skin T-Zone Rescue (did nothing). I had a No.7 Primer stashed away but needed something for when it ran out. I always read reviews before purchasing an item. Although I was hesitant because of reviews that said it was gritty, I decided to give it a try.
I am super picky because not only is my skin super oily but it's also super sensitive. I absolutely love this product. There is NO GRITTY FEEL whatsoever. I bought the powder as well. I did take the advice of another reviewer and changed the powder pad to one that was softer.
My t-zone starts shinning minutes after washing my skin. Yes I do use moisturizer despite heavy oily t-zone because as you get older your skin needs hydration & lift, plus you need spf to protect your skin. I wait at least 10minutes after applying moisturizer to apply the primer. Others say it makes them look pale...have not experienced that at all.
I only need to use a primer once to tell if it works on my super oily t-zone. I noticed it worked right away. I love it more than the No.7 Primer I used to adore. I work an 8hr day....I find I only need to use the Neutrogena powder twice before heading home. Whereas before I was consistently using both powder and blotting sheets....and even then I still looked horrendous with all the oil continuously seeping through my pores.
It's a great primer! It is more expensive then others I've bought, but compared to high end name brands it really is'nt bad. Use it with the powder. You won't know if it's right for you unless you try. I'm glad I did :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Malone27

I am in love with this product! S10.00 is a little pricey for me but totally worth it! It really does what its suppose to do this product makes my skin feel so soft and light and makes my makeup last hours taking away any oily areas I may have.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

Unlike the other reviews stated, this product did control my oil and shine. It does have a white tone and it might play a role in making me look pale and a bit washed out as time went by. I noticed this mostly when I was at work for a while because of stress and sweat that was plays a big factor and when this primer was put to the test, and didn't do its job :( I'm gonna have to try another primer once this one is finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by hannnzyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love LOVE this product! I usually get very oily in my t-zone, but this solved my problem since the first time I tried it! I have very sensitive and combo skin, but this primer has never given me any problems with breaking out or drying my skin out. A little goes a long way, so I only apply a pea sized amount (if that) on my t-zone. I've had the same tube for about 7 months now and I'm not even out yet! I think I paid around $16 for this and I could not rave about it more. Great for everyday use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Eliza3691

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was previously using the Boots7 Stay Matte Primer. I have very oily skin and I wanted to try something different that would keep me more matte. I went with this Neutrogena Shine control primer. Ended up not liking it at all. It makes me more greasy once I apply it and I look shinier with it on than without it. The opposite of what I wanted it to do. I really like the smell, but that's about it. I would not be purchasing this again. I went back to the Boots7 primer, but am on the look for something better. The neutrogena one ended up being worse.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MotM32

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this primer on sale for $2 and could not pass this up. I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I have never found a foundation or primer that keeps me matte for more than a few hours. o far im going on six hours of no shine which is unheard of for me. Now I'm not 100% sure that this is what's keeping me completely matte. I paired this with the Revlon Color stay Whipped and the combo has been flawleedd so far. I do plan on repurchasing this primer and won't care if it is full price because so far so good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan. It does no more than an average job at shine control and when I use it, it makes me look very pale. It took me a few days to figure it out (why I looked so ghostly), but it's definitely this primer. I felt for the price (almost $12 at Walmart), it doesn't make me really any less shiny than using a blotting paper throughout the day. So my opinion on this product is just "eh". Not that fabulous. EDIT: This stuff is completely worthless. I'm using it only bc I'm too cheap to just throw it out, but seriously - it does nothing to control oil or make my foundation go on any better. Wish I'd never bought it and definitely won't buy it ever again.