December 20, 2014 | 1554 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sexay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this for over 2 months now on a daily basis so I feel I can write a fair review on it. You will love this product if you:

-Have dry skin: This really feels like a heavy moisturizer with a very teeny tiny amount of coverage and a negligible amount of SPF.
-Already have nice skin and don't want the cakey look of a foundation.
-Unhappy with the grey-ish cast of BB creams and want something more skin-like.

I think if you've wanted and tried those "miracle blur" products that are at the drugstores but didn't like the silicone feel or the matte look, you would really like this! It might seem expensive at first but it has well over 2x the amount of most standard foundations/ bb creams so it's not too bad. For reference, I'm NC 25 and wear the shade LIGHT.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by milchtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This gave my sensitive skin a mild breakout, which a real BB Cream should never, ever do - in fact, it's supposed to treat blemishes instead of just hiding them, but I guess that's not usually true for North American BB creams anyway. I can't substantiate or refute their claims that this makes your tone more even over time (maybe it does), since I can't use it long enough to test that (or else I'd risk a breakout). It hides mild blemishes fairly well, though, and looks very natural.

This oxidizes darker than the application colour, and rather than illuminating, this gave a greyish cast to my tanned skin (and made it darker). I think it's too peachy for my skin tone, while I tend to go for a more golden foundation. It has a dewy finish, which works for my dry skin, but probably not for people with oily skin (unless you set it with powder).

Basically, this might work for you if:
-you don't have sensitive or acne-prone skin
-you have dry skin and/or you like a dewy finish
-you're going for a natural, no-makeup-makeup look and don't have very obvious blemishes to hide (you'll need concealer for that)
-you have more of a peachy undertone

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by abearinmychair

it has ok coverage and has a greasey and creamy texture at the same time. it has moderate coverage, meaning concealer will be needed for any size of blemish. it does not absorb very well AT ALL so i would take off the excess with a make up sponge and set with powder. i haven't worn it in a regular basis in a while and my skin tends to have strong break out periods every few months but i seem to remember having a few pimples here and there. also, i recommend a really good cleanser or to wash your face twice to get it all off. the price wasn't that great but the product is workable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is on my list of some of the worst or at least, least-effective products I've ever used. The color was alright for my MAC F&B C10 skin. It was a little on the fair side. But spreading it on was a pain because it spreads so thickly and you have to really work it into the skin to get it to smooth out evenly.
To me it had a certain chemical smell masked with fragrance.
But the worst part about it was that after I applied it, my face was very shiny. Then, after applying foundation and powder, it seemed even shinier. I don't know if maybe this wasn't the right product for my skin, because I'm not super oily but I lean oily, or if the "illuminator" part of this BB cream is just too illuminating. It made my face makeup look terrible and by the end of the day I looked like an oil slick. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination/oily skin with large pores, and this is the only bb cream that has made my skin look, well, the best it's ever looked. Poreless, smooth, with a glow. Light coverage, good blurring. But unfortunately my skin got shiny quickly, and I didn't even try it for a full day fearing an oil slick. So I'd say it isn't for oily skin, but might be really worth a try for everyone else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sthompson0109

I really did like the colour of this BB cream, it made me look tanned naturally. The biggest problem, and the reason I will not use this product again is because I kept breaking out. The breakouts weren't small and unnoticeable, they were big, red, and painful. I figured Youth Code wouldn't affect me like other BB creams because I use the daily moisturizer, but with minimal use I had major problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ohmmhm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why this product has so many bad reviews! I think it's amazing! I have scars from acne and the occasional pimple along with large pores. Even when I don't use a concealer or primer, this stuff looks amazing. I love it even more than my revlon colorstay foundation because unlike the foundation, this actually looks natural and like I'm not wearing any makeup. I apply it with a stippling brush and found that works best. I also use a translucent setting powder over it because it does look a little oily after you put it on. I love this stuff and would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the best BB cream I've encountered from western brands. I've used it on-and-off for 3 months now and it hasn't caused any acne breakout for my sensitive skin. I use the light shade on my Asian skin and it blends well, absorbs well. I always set it with a powder. It gives an incredibly natural look, with the promised illumination effects. It can wear for an entire day but the oil-control aspect is only about average.

The coverage is lighter than I hoped but that's exactly what L'Oreal claims on the box. (That's why it looks natural!! it's low coverage!!) So I end up using concealer sometimes to cover up acne.

Price wise, it's a 75mL tube compared to the usual 25-30mL offered by other brands, so the $27 price tag is reasonable and long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by tashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stunning. I have had so many compliments on my skin since using this product. I'm nearly 35 and haven't had a compliment in years on my skin. I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by grrly44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for a whirl go around of BB cream. I have had no luck to my availe' but said why not... it was on sale for $13.99 and I got the light color.. then switched to medium.. then when back to light.. coverage is awesome and it works wonders.
I def needed to stick with light.
I think this is a worthy product and could be high end material in Macys@!