October 21, 2014 | 1725 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Youth Code BB Cream Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by abearinmychair

it has ok coverage and has a greasey and creamy texture at the same time. it has moderate coverage, meaning concealer will be needed for any size of blemish. it does not absorb very well AT ALL so i would take off the excess with a make up sponge and set with powder. i haven't worn it in a regular basis in a while and my skin tends to have strong break out periods every few months but i seem to remember having a few pimples here and there. also, i recommend a really good cleanser or to wash your face twice to get it all off. the price wasn't that great but the product is workable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is on my list of some of the worst or at least, least-effective products I've ever used. The color was alright for my MAC F&B C10 skin. It was a little on the fair side. But spreading it on was a pain because it spreads so thickly and you have to really work it into the skin to get it to smooth out evenly.
To me it had a certain chemical smell masked with fragrance.
But the worst part about it was that after I applied it, my face was very shiny. Then, after applying foundation and powder, it seemed even shinier. I don't know if maybe this wasn't the right product for my skin, because I'm not super oily but I lean oily, or if the "illuminator" part of this BB cream is just too illuminating. It made my face makeup look terrible and by the end of the day I looked like an oil slick. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination/oily skin with large pores, and this is the only bb cream that has made my skin look, well, the best it's ever looked. Poreless, smooth, with a glow. Light coverage, good blurring. But unfortunately my skin got shiny quickly, and I didn't even try it for a full day fearing an oil slick. So I'd say it isn't for oily skin, but might be really worth a try for everyone else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sthompson0109

I really did like the colour of this BB cream, it made me look tanned naturally. The biggest problem, and the reason I will not use this product again is because I kept breaking out. The breakouts weren't small and unnoticeable, they were big, red, and painful. I figured Youth Code wouldn't affect me like other BB creams because I use the daily moisturizer, but with minimal use I had major problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ohmmhm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why this product has so many bad reviews! I think it's amazing! I have scars from acne and the occasional pimple along with large pores. Even when I don't use a concealer or primer, this stuff looks amazing. I love it even more than my revlon colorstay foundation because unlike the foundation, this actually looks natural and like I'm not wearing any makeup. I apply it with a stippling brush and found that works best. I also use a translucent setting powder over it because it does look a little oily after you put it on. I love this stuff and would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the best BB cream I've encountered from western brands. I've used it on-and-off for 3 months now and it hasn't caused any acne breakout for my sensitive skin. I use the light shade on my Asian skin and it blends well, absorbs well. I always set it with a powder. It gives an incredibly natural look, with the promised illumination effects. It can wear for an entire day but the oil-control aspect is only about average.

The coverage is lighter than I hoped but that's exactly what L'Oreal claims on the box. (That's why it looks natural!! it's low coverage!!) So I end up using concealer sometimes to cover up acne.

Price wise, it's a 75mL tube compared to the usual 25-30mL offered by other brands, so the $27 price tag is reasonable and long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by tashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stunning. I have had so many compliments on my skin since using this product. I'm nearly 35 and haven't had a compliment in years on my skin. I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by grrly44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this for a whirl go around of BB cream. I have had no luck to my availe' but said why not... it was on sale for $13.99 and I got the light color.. then switched to medium.. then when back to light.. coverage is awesome and it works wonders.
I def needed to stick with light.
I think this is a worthy product and could be high end material in Macys@!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by misskel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I spotted this in the chemist a few weeks ago and thought I would try it. For my combination slighty dry skin I did quite like it however will have to wait and see how it holds up on a humid hot summers day in sunny Queensland. I always wear a powder over the top and find it lasts well for a full day of shopping etc. I purchased the light and the colour is slightly too dark so i have to be careful what powder I use over the top of it. It would be great if more colours were introduced as there are only 2 colours available in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am used to buying from companies such as clinique and lancome i am more acne prone so i tend to stay away from drug store brands. Gotta say coverage none lol however i work in a very drying bright office and usually i get dry. This evened out my complexion but gave me a romantic glow. I love the glow its very complimenting to skin. I don't hate it just hoped for more coverage.