September 21, 2014 | 1944 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Clean Finish Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by 902nikki902

I kid you not, I purchased this at Walmart for $1.50cnd! I got it in the color 340 nude and it is a perfect match. I have extremely yellow undertones and this is the only foundation from the drugstore that matches me perfectly. I am about an NC30-35 in Mac. It is very matte and doesn't settle in lines or pores as much as other foundations tend to do on me. I adore it. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jillmaclaine

First of all, I love the paddle in the packaging! It makes it so easy to apply.
I would say this is a fuller coverage and is good for normal to dry skin (I know there's an oil free kind, but I haven't tried it)
it lasts well with a powder
It is on the ticker side and dries a little fast, so be sure to blend it quickly
but for what it does, it is a great product and SO CHEAP. I think I bought mine at walmart for something around $4!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarahsian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price and promise for "matte" skin caught my eye but after applying I soon realized that it was wayyyy too thick and dried too quickly. It would dry before I could blend it and then I would try to add more to cover the streaks that came from it drying too quick. Just a mess. My face was oily an hour later as well. Maybe if you mixed it with a moisturizer or if you can apply it fast enough it might work for you. It's very heavy. I liked the spatula applicator and the price was great but just wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by NoSugarCoating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I alternate between liquid and airbrush foundation and decided for my liquid I wanted to try something different than my usual CoverGirl. I've been using this foundation for about 3 days now (#230 Warm Ivory) and I plan on finishing the bottle, but won't be re-purchasing. The formula is extremely drying (a plus for oily skin) so if you have relatively normal skin, or dry, you'll want to avoid this foundation. As far as color matching goes, I can see where some have had issues. There's quite a bit of an orange undertone so don't cake this on too thick otherwise you may look a little Jersey-Shorish. I absolutely would say it DOES help diminish the size of pores.
This only cost $3.97 at Walmart so it's not a total bummer it's not my favorite. If you have oily skin, give it a shot.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by christina8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible. Absolutely HORRIBLE. So I bought this about 6 months ago because I was just starting out with makeup and I needed something cheap. Yeah it's not worth a penny. It's cakey, even with the smallest amount, it doesn't cover ANYTHING, and I know now since I have dry skin a matte formula isn't good for me, but I have to mention how drying it was and how it accentuated my dry patches horribly. I got the lightest shade and it's still too dark and the undertones are way too yellow for my slight pink ones. Rimmel's foundations are much better for warm undertones and not cool or neutral, like me. Not to mention, the packaging is a hot mess. A spatula? What the heck? I would NEVER recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING FUDGE BROWNIE
I HATE THIS FOUNDATION WITH THE FIRE OF ONE THOUSAND SUNS

I've never actually tried liquid foundation before, only mineral powders. Since I had no actual experience with foundation like this, I decided to try something cheap, since I'm livin' la vida broka.

For some idiotic reason, I expected this foundation to do all the things it claimed to do- offer a flawless, poreless finish, while leaving my skin matte, and not caking up. But I should have realized, was that just like Hitler when he promised not to invade Czechoslovakia,
IT WAS A LIE.

1. The lightest shade left me looking like I had escaped from Willy Wonk's Factory.
2. Getting a flawless cake-free face with this foundation is like trying to baptize a cat. Nearly impossible.
3. Broke me out something horrible.

This may work well for someone who is not acne prone, and uses a darker shade, but for me, it's like a bag of trash.
Actually, it's not even good enough for a bag, it's just a piece of trash. Lying there, all disorganized.
Don't buy this.

23 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not at all sure why this foundation has so many negative reviews. I bought this the other day completely on impulse (well, I had a dollar off coupon, so there was that...) then came home and read the reviews on here. I wore it to work the next day and kept checking to see if my skin was turning orange! First of all, I could tell within about 20 minutes that this was - for lack of a better word - drying, which for us oily skinned girls is a major plus. I have worn it 3 days straight and it is holding my oilies at bay for at least 8 hrs if not longer. Today for example I checked my makeup after 10 hrs and my nose was a little shiny but overall my makeup still looked flawless. I am very fair but I use a small amount and apply it with a foundation brush, so I went a bit darker than normal and it looks fantastic. I always apply a dusting of loose powder over any foundation to help control oil and to give a more finished, polished look. I think for $4 you should give this a whirl, and maybe apply it with a light hand. I'm glad I didn't read all the bad reviews or I never would have tried it! EDIT: True Ivory turned my face ORANGE - right when I put it on. Warm Ivory is what I'd been using and it looks natural, my skin is just getting more pale so I thought I'd try a lighter shade....will be trading it for Nude tomorrow! Ugh. 2nd EDIT: I am still in love with this makeup! Nude and Warm Ivory both work very well for my fair skin, and applying it over foundation with a big soft brush gives me just the right coverage. Controls oil ALL DAY. I'm still amazed. Been using it for about a month.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after running out of my go-to Femme Couture foundation that I normally purchase at Sallys Beauty Supply. I purchased this in the middle of the night because I had plans early the next morning. I woke up, and started putting on my makeup, foundation first.

This foundation is absolutely horrible! I purchased the color True Ivory, which was the closest to my skin tone, and started applying it, it matched my skin tone perfectly, and did give me a "even, poreless" look like the bottle claims. It does set really quickly, so you have to move fast! I was happy with how the look turned out. So, I got in my car, and started driving to my very important job interview. I take one more look in the mirror before I got out of the car, and my skin was ORANGE! Not just subtly orange, that wouldn't easily be noticeable, but like horrible spray tan orange. I went to the job interview, and am still hoping for a call back, however, I could see why they wouldn't because of my unprofessional/orange facial makeup.

I did like the packaging, and was surprised by the paddle, or spoon on the end of the cap, that was lovely. It really helps since the foundation is so thick, which was something that initially appealed to me. It is a glass container, that feels very sturdy, so if you drop it, it definitely wouldn't break.

It does have a pleasant smell, its not too harsh, and not really noticeable after it's applied.

Overall, I'm not happy with this foundation, I went immediately after my interview to purchase the femme couture foundation that I normally use from Sally's.

I may save this foundation and use it at a later date when I'm in another bind, since it still seems appealing, for whatever reason. It might come in handy during summer? haha.

If you're planning on purchasing this foundation, please make sure that the color matches your skin tone perfectly, maybe go a couple of shades lighter as it does oxidize!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by DLyanii

Shopping at Walmart I decided to shop for a foundation that will help me control oil and won't clog my pores. Unfortunately I didn't have much money on me so I decided to buy this one Clean Finish Matte Foundation, the price was only $3.89, I ended up buying two bottles of foundation 220 and 240. The same night I used my new foundation for the first time I mixed both shades, Results: it dried very fast, covered all my imperfections of my skin, I used only a little and my face felts smooth and looks natural. About the oil control, it only lasted 2 hours or less and sometimes the shade turn a little orange especially when oil starts to come out in my case.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try it before because I thought it was too cheap (less than $4 at Walmart) but I am so glad I did try it! Light to Medium coverage, has pretty good neutral shades(I wear Nude) and I like that it has that little spatula attached to the cap. Great stuff. And so affordable!