April 16, 2014 | 839 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Clean Finish Matte Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not at all sure why this foundation has so many negative reviews. I bought this the other day completely on impulse (well, I had a dollar off coupon, so there was that...) then came home and read the reviews on here. I wore it to work the next day and kept checking to see if my skin was turning orange! First of all, I could tell within about 20 minutes that this was - for lack of a better word - drying, which for us oily skinned girls is a major plus. I have worn it 3 days straight and it is holding my oilies at bay for at least 8 hrs if not longer. Today for example I checked my makeup after 10 hrs and my nose was a little shiny but overall my makeup still looked flawless. I am very fair but I use a small amount and apply it with a foundation brush, so I went a bit darker than normal and it looks fantastic. I always apply a dusting of loose powder over any foundation to help control oil and to give a more finished, polished look. I think for $4 you should give this a whirl, and maybe apply it with a light hand. I'm glad I didn't read all the bad reviews or I never would have tried it! EDIT: True Ivory turned my face ORANGE - right when I put it on. Warm Ivory is what I'd been using and it looks natural, my skin is just getting more pale so I thought I'd try a lighter shade....will be trading it for Nude tomorrow! Ugh. 2nd EDIT: I am still in love with this makeup! Nude and Warm Ivory both work very well for my fair skin, and applying it over foundation with a big soft brush gives me just the right coverage. Controls oil ALL DAY. I'm still amazed. Been using it for about a month.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by babyro0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after running out of my go-to Femme Couture foundation that I normally purchase at Sallys Beauty Supply. I purchased this in the middle of the night because I had plans early the next morning. I woke up, and started putting on my makeup, foundation first.

This foundation is absolutely horrible! I purchased the color True Ivory, which was the closest to my skin tone, and started applying it, it matched my skin tone perfectly, and did give me a "even, poreless" look like the bottle claims. It does set really quickly, so you have to move fast! I was happy with how the look turned out. So, I got in my car, and started driving to my very important job interview. I take one more look in the mirror before I got out of the car, and my skin was ORANGE! Not just subtly orange, that wouldn't easily be noticeable, but like horrible spray tan orange. I went to the job interview, and am still hoping for a call back, however, I could see why they wouldn't because of my unprofessional/orange facial makeup.

I did like the packaging, and was surprised by the paddle, or spoon on the end of the cap, that was lovely. It really helps since the foundation is so thick, which was something that initially appealed to me. It is a glass container, that feels very sturdy, so if you drop it, it definitely wouldn't break.

It does have a pleasant smell, its not too harsh, and not really noticeable after it's applied.

Overall, I'm not happy with this foundation, I went immediately after my interview to purchase the femme couture foundation that I normally use from Sally's.

I may save this foundation and use it at a later date when I'm in another bind, since it still seems appealing, for whatever reason. It might come in handy during summer? haha.

If you're planning on purchasing this foundation, please make sure that the color matches your skin tone perfectly, maybe go a couple of shades lighter as it does oxidize!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by DLyanii

Shopping at Walmart I decided to shop for a foundation that will help me control oil and won't clog my pores. Unfortunately I didn't have much money on me so I decided to buy this one Clean Finish Matte Foundation, the price was only $3.89, I ended up buying two bottles of foundation 220 and 240. The same night I used my new foundation for the first time I mixed both shades, Results: it dried very fast, covered all my imperfections of my skin, I used only a little and my face felts smooth and looks natural. About the oil control, it only lasted 2 hours or less and sometimes the shade turn a little orange especially when oil starts to come out in my case.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try it before because I thought it was too cheap (less than $4 at Walmart) but I am so glad I did try it! Light to Medium coverage, has pretty good neutral shades(I wear Nude) and I like that it has that little spatula attached to the cap. Great stuff. And so affordable!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by fallinformakeup

when i first got this i used it with out a primer and it was patchy even woth primer some days it seems ro be fine others it does apper a bit patchy along my cheeks but i like it its greatly priced looks nice when nor to much product is used does tend to wear down after about 4 hours in seem a bit oily faced .. ut i like it would purchase again and do recomend it for people with normal skin..

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw pictures of another MUAer who had worn this foundation and it looked amazing on her, so I decided to try it, having large pores I need to cover. I wasn't that impressed. It had light to medium coverage, a thicker consistency though it felt like it was mostly comprised of water. It reminded me of an old, long-discontinued Maybelline foundation that claimed to be 50% water. It wasn't matte at all, I had to powder it down with the Stay Matte powder. The staying power was pitiful, it melted off my face within two hours. I only wore this once, so I can't say whether it would break me out or not, but I won't be trying this again. It's not the worst foundation I've ever used, but it's not that great, either. But for $4, I really don't know what I was expecting.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by AhziieSkye

I bought this in hopes of finding a cheaper alternative to revlons colorstay foundation. i loved the spatula as part if its packaging. it dried on quick and it felt smooth and light. but my skin looked kinda patchy. I toughed it out and kept it on. a few hours later I looked in the mirror. what the hell! parts of my face were orange! the only place it looked perfect was a part of my neck. never ever buying this again. I might be staying away from Rimmels foundations and sticking to their eye makeup instead. so disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by strawberry818

I didn't like this product, it was super thick and dried really fast. The packaging is high quality but I wish it had a pump instead of a spatula. It is cheap price wise but is also cheap itself. I recommend using this to make a tinted moisturizer!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by babyboohoo

I got drawn to this because of the of the word "MATTE" on the bottle. I hate this. It dries so fast that you cant even blend it in and it makes me breakout like hell. Its pretty cheap. $4.37 but if your on a budget or if you're starting out into the makeup world, dont even buy this. Spend your $4 dollas on something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by zurbaby

This product is ehhhhh. Not good or bad. But i dont see myself reaching for it after using it for only one time. P.s- doesnt do the claim on the label.