Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

3.1

on 1/10/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, i think this foundation is a good deal for what you get. This is not a full coverage foundation but if you mostly just need tone-evening, not blemish-covering, it will do the trick. I have very dry skin, so oilyness isn't an issue for me, but this foundation stayed just fine on me all day. That said, possibly due to the matte formulation, the foundation looked cakey on me if I didn't moisturize well. This foundation oxidized a little bit on me but not in a super noticable way so just blend this foundation well into your neck. Basically, this isnt the best foundation ever but it does the job relatively well and for a low price point. Something else to note is that this jar has a little spatula that comes with it to help you spread the foundation on your face. I found this really helpful, especially since the formula dries so quickly.

on 1/1/2015 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Like most people seemed to do, I bought this because I was out of my regular foundation (Revlon Colorstay Whipped) and this was the cheapest option. I bought it, came home and read the reviews, and was really nervous since it seemed so hit or miss with people. I was also apprehensive to use liquid since I normally use whipped or powder.

However, I really liked it! It didn't break me out, didn't oxidize on my face, didn't make me more oily, I couldn't feel it on my face, and the color matched nicely. I guess I work with foundation quickly because I had zero problems trying to blend it in before it dried (I use Monsitat chafing gel as a primer, idk if that makes a difference). My skin is mostly clear right now and I only have light spots I'm trying to cover, so for me the coverage was fine and felt light to medium. I took off one star because it didn't make me totally matte, but I only have to touch up with powder once a day which is normal for me. I also prefer the texture of a bouncy whipped foundation to a liquid, but I'm sure I'll adjust. Honestly there's no big reason for me not to repurchase this foundation and it's great knowing that a cheap alternative exists, especially because this one is less clunky and easier to travel with!

on 12/21/2014 7:22:00 PM

I didn't really like this. The consistency was very very thick, but when I put it on my face it got really liquidly (if that makes sense hahah). It make my chin acne more red and barely covered anything, it wasn't exactly matte either. I recommend this for people who are not prone to acne or currently have acne.

on 12/9/2014 5:36:00 PM

So I got this foundation in 130 True Ivory. The tone on the bottle may seem dark, but after playing around with it, it actually goes lighter. I feel like this foundation is a bit thick, i could feel it throughout the day. It also drys out your skin. Overall for the price of 5 dollars at walmart, its not bad. Oh, and it also comes with a spatula attach to the cap, its actually really helpful when applying foundation

on 12/2/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this foundation at all super thick the color made me look orange it oxides on my skin and made my skin oily I don't recommend at all

on 12/2/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation.
I have extremely oily skin so I'm always trying foundations that claim to be "matte" and nothing else has worked or me.
I use this without a primer or anything, and I put my Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer over my blemishes and Covergirl's oil-control pressed powder on top and my face stays oil free for at least a few hours, but with any other foundation my skin would get oily in just ten minutes. I love the formula, blends well and doesn't feel cakey.
I use the shade True Ivory #130 and I have a light-medium skin tone with olive undertones.
This foundation goes on kind of pinkish but it cancels out the olive tones in my skin and blends wonderfully.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has been on of my favorite foundations for awhile now. The color is okay for my skin, but its not my perfect match. The coverage is medium, which is perfect for me. It's not 100% pore less,but it still looks very nice. When applied, it does dry fast so it's best to blend it right away. This lasts on my combination skin for 6 hours, does not break me out, and its super cheap. The bad thing about this foundation is that it only comes in a few shades, so my darker beauties wont be able to rock it. :( Overall, this is an amazing foundation for the price and if your are able to wear it then I say go for it.

on 10/31/2014 12:39:00 PM

This is terrible. The consistency is super thick and almost chunky? The color selection is not great, and it oxidized at least 2 or 3 shades darker throughout the day, leaving me with an orange face. It flakes off really quickly, and left me looking patchy and gross. And the packaging makes no sense to me, not sure if theuve changed it since I purchased it about a year ago, but the bottle I have came with a paddle attached to the cap, and the paddle had holes in it? Am I supposed to use this to spread the foundation on my face or something? I have no idea. Terrible, just terrible.

on 10/22/2014 8:30:00 PM

This foundation was absolutely horrible . It broke me out and covered none of my blemishes or acne scars. I was excited because of the packaging and price but it just did not work . I work 8 hours a day in a warehouse that is not that hot and this product wore off in 2 hours and looked patchy and horrible . I was embarrassed to be in public with this on my face . Save your 3$ and buy a better foundation

on 10/16/2014 12:47:00 AM

This has been my main foundation for a while now. The colour is perfect for my skin. The coverage is medium which is perfect for me. I'm not sure it's 100% poreless but it still looks very nice. When applied, it does dry fast so it's best to blend it right away.
The bottle and dipstick is excellent. It's so easy to apply and saves me from accidentally spilling out too much product. When I finished my last bottle I was able to get pretty much all of the product out before throwing it away which is very satisfying. I would definitely recommend this foundation.