Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used this foundation on and off for a year now. The one and only thing i have against it is the color selection. I've noticed that matte type foundations tend to be darker. This specific foundation color range seems to have only pink tones. I got shade Soft Beige, and it's about one shade or so darker than my actual skin tone, and it's pink. This could be the oxidizing some reviewers experience with it. Such a shame because I really like the matte finish. I have extremely oily skin and this holds up well on my skin. The only place where shine starts to get through on this foundation is my forehead. If only it was more wearable in terms of color. I can't go out with this on because i look so orange in the face.

I'm just now writing this but I tried this two separate times. Two separate years. they just don't make a color light/fair enough for me (at least in the USA) it's as simple as that :(

I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation, since I don't like their BB cream and blush. I've been using it for about three weeks and I think I'm in love.

I have combination skin and this gave me no breakout problems whatsoever. I was so impressed that this went out without a shine and gives full, thick coverage. It really does lasts all day, even through my gym workouts. I personally like the smell and the price is hard to beat too.

I use a foundation brush instead of the spatula to apply it to avoid a cakey look. However, it dries really fast, so to avoid the cake look, be sure to blend it well with your setting powder.

on 1/10/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, i think this foundation is a good deal for what you get. This is not a full coverage foundation but if you mostly just need tone-evening, not blemish-covering, it will do the trick. I have very dry skin, so oilyness isn't an issue for me, but this foundation stayed just fine on me all day. That said, possibly due to the matte formulation, the foundation looked cakey on me if I didn't moisturize well. This foundation oxidized a little bit on me but not in a super noticable way so just blend this foundation well into your neck. Basically, this isnt the best foundation ever but it does the job relatively well and for a low price point. Something else to note is that this jar has a little spatula that comes with it to help you spread the foundation on your face. I found this really helpful, especially since the formula dries so quickly.

on 1/1/2015 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Like most people seemed to do, I bought this because I was out of my regular foundation (Revlon Colorstay Whipped) and this was the cheapest option. I bought it, came home and read the reviews, and was really nervous since it seemed so hit or miss with people. I was also apprehensive to use liquid since I normally use whipped or powder.

However, I really liked it! It didn't break me out, didn't oxidize on my face, didn't make me more oily, I couldn't feel it on my face, and the color matched nicely. I guess I work with foundation quickly because I had zero problems trying to blend it in before it dried (I use Monsitat chafing gel as a primer, idk if that makes a difference). My skin is mostly clear right now and I only have light spots I'm trying to cover, so for me the coverage was fine and felt light to medium. I took off one star because it didn't make me totally matte, but I only have to touch up with powder once a day which is normal for me. I also prefer the texture of a bouncy whipped foundation to a liquid, but I'm sure I'll adjust. Honestly there's no big reason for me not to repurchase this foundation and it's great knowing that a cheap alternative exists, especially because this one is less clunky and easier to travel with!

on 12/21/2014 7:22:00 PM

I didn't really like this. The consistency was very very thick, but when I put it on my face it got really liquidly (if that makes sense hahah). It make my chin acne more red and barely covered anything, it wasn't exactly matte either. I recommend this for people who are not prone to acne or currently have acne.

on 12/9/2014 5:36:00 PM

So I got this foundation in 130 True Ivory. The tone on the bottle may seem dark, but after playing around with it, it actually goes lighter. I feel like this foundation is a bit thick, i could feel it throughout the day. It also drys out your skin. Overall for the price of 5 dollars at walmart, its not bad. Oh, and it also comes with a spatula attach to the cap, its actually really helpful when applying foundation

on 12/2/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this foundation at all super thick the color made me look orange it oxides on my skin and made my skin oily I don't recommend at all

on 12/2/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation.
I have extremely oily skin so I'm always trying foundations that claim to be "matte" and nothing else has worked or me.
I use this without a primer or anything, and I put my Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer over my blemishes and Covergirl's oil-control pressed powder on top and my face stays oil free for at least a few hours, but with any other foundation my skin would get oily in just ten minutes. I love the formula, blends well and doesn't feel cakey.
I use the shade True Ivory #130 and I have a light-medium skin tone with olive undertones.
This foundation goes on kind of pinkish but it cancels out the olive tones in my skin and blends wonderfully.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has been on of my favorite foundations for awhile now. The color is okay for my skin, but its not my perfect match. The coverage is medium, which is perfect for me. It's not 100% pore less,but it still looks very nice. When applied, it does dry fast so it's best to blend it right away. This lasts on my combination skin for 6 hours, does not break me out, and its super cheap. The bad thing about this foundation is that it only comes in a few shades, so my darker beauties wont be able to rock it. :( Overall, this is an amazing foundation for the price and if your are able to wear it then I say go for it.