L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 3/29/2015 2:34:00 AM

First, let me start by commenting on the sheer stupidity of the beads in this product. They are a total gimmick and add literally no value to it at all -- why not just have the product show its end color to begin with? Other than that, I like the color (I use fair), and the coverage. It blends nicely (probably because you have to break the beads up), but I wish it had spf and was cruelty-free.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I don't even know how to best describe this stuff other than to say that I wish that I discovered it sooner rather than later. I picked up the shade deep and for super cheap at Target ( it was on sale for $2.88 ). At first I was a little put off by the fact that what came out the tube was not too pleasing to the eyes. Purplish colored cream with these beads that resemble dirt IMO. Once applied on my skin the product just disappeared on my skin. At first I thought "what a joke" but upon closer inspection I did see a slight change in my skin texture and tone....tone more so than anything. My NC45 skintone looked even and bright....not an ashy bright. I used my Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in dim light to kind of set in my t-zone area and it still looked great. After a day of wear I experienced zero oxidizing and I only needed to blot once...but that is a common step for me regardless of what I use so that was no surprise. Its only negative that I can think of is that it does not contain SPF. I don't see myself using this during the summer months when the sun is out in full-force. It did an awesome job at minimizing my pores as well in my t-zone area. I will most definitely repurchase this product and I hope Loreal doesn't discontinue it.

on 2/26/2015 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Fair because the Dream Fresh I've been using was so matte, I was hoping for something that would give a little more dewy effect on my less elastic skin. This was not the product to do that. It actually did give me a flattering effect, it just wasn't the makeup effect I was going for. This product has antioxidant beads that feel kind of like sand as you're applying the makeup. It takes about a minute for your body heat to melt the beads. During that minute, you could pass for an extra on The Walking Dead. After the beads melt it looks much better. It's a soft focus effect, very matte and a little more cool than what looks most natural on me. My skin looked translucent and pale, like an evening primrose petal. If I were still in my alternative days I would have finished off that look with a dark red lip and black eyeliner. Being that I'm no longer going for that effect, it's not quite what I had in mind. I won't buy the Fair again, but I might give the Anti-Fatigue version a tryout.

on 2/23/2015 7:18:00 AM

I bought this in the shade medium, to use it primarily as a (primer for my) bronzer. My skin is fair, so this works wonders as a base and for that purpose, this product is amazing! I don't know if I would use this as it was intended - as a BB cream, all over my face. I think even the lightest shade would be too dark for me. However, if you do find the color to be a bit off, I would suggest using it as mentioned.
It blends like a dream, doesn't look cakey, it has a beautiful light texture but is also sufficiently pigmented, and you can easily build it up. I usually top it off with my Mac bronzer in Gold (matte) and it looks so natural, I am completely blown off. I would also use it on a small blending brush to contour my nose and give some dimension to me eyelids. I love it for that and I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/10/2015 2:20:00 AM

My mother always taught me when I was young to not wear drug store makeup (i used to wear that awful cover girl makeup that made me breakout as a young teenager) So i was a little hesitant on giving this a try. I figured since I had never used BB cream before that instead of going and spending $40+ dollars on one from sephora that I would try a cheap one to see if i even liked the concept. This BB cream will freak you out a little bit when you first try it, it comes out white and has little beads that break open to blend the colour out. I have a lot of blemished but i find when I use this and some concealer my skin looks better then when I put a bunch of liquid makeup on. I have been using this for 2+ years now and have no desire to try a expensive brand. I use Chanel foundation when I am going out and this for my daily routine. If you are looking for something to cover up imperfections this is not for you it is not a foundation at all, it really just gives your skin some colour. As for the packaging I wish this came with a pump I always end up squirting out more then I need.

on 2/8/2015 12:31:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for a year and can't get enough of it. I use it as my liquid foundation and then put powder on top of it. When you squeeze it out don't be concerned that it's white because when placed on your skin it changes colour. With my combination skin it makes my face look flawless. I would recommend this to everyone.

on 2/7/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have never in my life ever returned a makup product to the store before. I purchased this in light and on my NC20 skin it appeared very orange. I shook it and tested it and always orange. I thought, hey maybe I can use it as a bronzer but then it just looked too orange! Rite Aid gave me my money back.

on 1/24/2015 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is great for days when I have to get my makeup on fast! It covers redness easily, but blemishes will need extra attention with concealer. I love that it doesn't settle onto my smile lines! It claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct, honestly I can't disagree. This bb cream contains vitamin E, which is great for acne prone skin, any skin for that matter! The finish is natural and a bit on the tan side. I just wish this stuff had SPF!!! Also I feel that you get a relatively small amount of product, (it would maybe last a month if used every day) but for ten bucks that's not a huge issue. Overall I would recommend this to anyone with a face!

on 1/23/2015 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like this BB Creme for days where I wear a tiny bit of makeup. The fairest shade is actually light enough for my pale skin. I apply a thin layer of this to my face, and I barely notice anything. But what I do notice is my pores look a little smaller, my skin looks a little smoother and slightly less red.

I could add more product for more results, but I love this BB creme because I can apply it without a mirror and it takes such little time to blend. It's kind of mistake proof.

It has a nice smooth finish - not too shiny or too matte. I don't need to add powder or worry about touching up. I can apply it and forget it.

on 1/13/2015 11:41:00 PM

I purchased this to use under my foundation just for A little added coverage. It does even out my skin tone, not full blown but that's not what it's meant for anyways. I like that it makes my makeup go on smoothly over it