L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 6/2/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So, it's been awhile since I bought drugstore foundation, but I am on a low buy and trying to save money. This seemed to be the closest I could get to Benefits Hello Flawless liquid. True Match Lumi doesn't have quite the shade selection of the original True Match, but it's still a fairly good selection. There does seem to be quite a difference from one shade to the next which could leave a lot of people between shades. The lightest neutral shade is far too dark for those with fair or even light skin, and is closer to a light medium shade, for reference it is a bit darker than Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville.

I'm really liking this foundation so far, I have dry skin and a lot of foundations look heavy no matter how little I apply of how much I blend. This gives a nice healthy, natural glow and blends easily. Coverage is on the light side, and this feels light and weightless on the skin. Seems to wear fairly well, I'd say this lasts 8, maybe 10 hours. Had no issues with this oxidizing on me

The pump applicator is a nice feature that the original True match does not feature. Can't really complain about the product itself, it's a really good value. Hopefully they add more shades in the future.

on 5/22/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry skin, and this foundation is one of a couple that doesn't emphasize the awful flakes. It leaves a healthy, glowy finish; however I have acne, and it didn't cover it quite as well as I had hoped. The lightest shade is also a little too dark for my pale skin, but for those who don't have a ghostly complexion or major skin problems, this foundation will make your skin look moisturized and luminous.

on 5/18/2015 12:45:00 PM

Pros: the w3 gold linen (in the uk) blended out is a good enough match for my medium-fair neutral - yellow asian skin tone
The glowy finish is lovely
It looks natural and is enough coverage for me (I have quite even skin apart from some redness)
Cons:
Only lasts a few hours on my combo ski . It's good enough to get me out the door but by lunchtime my redness is showing through.
At fuller coverage, the colour is too orangey
No good at all for oily gals imo

on 5/17/2015 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The coverage was OK and blended OK but the thing that made me return it was the fact that the foundation never "set" on me. The finish was dewy as the name implies, but it also FELT dewy...like sticky, as in- I would touch my face and it felt like I had been sitting out in a humid rainforest sticky. I also noticed it had very little staying power in areas around the nose or underneath eyeglasses so I had to constantly touch up and/or shift the foundation sliding around those areas. I can't talk to the rest of wear time because the minute I got home I washed my face because I couldn't stand the way it felt on me.

I also tried mixing this in with the regular True Match formula to see if I could combat some of the issues and it was no better.

Both of these ended up getting tossed.

on 5/15/2015 4:27:00 PM

I'm obsessed with foundations and to me it's the most important part in makeup, so I've tried so, so, so many (I'll give some from what I still have at home, Armani Luminous Silk, EL Double Wear, both original and light version, MAC Studio Sculpt, Studio Fix, Full coverage foundation, YSL Fusion Ink, Chanel Perfection Lumiere, Nars Sheer Glow, Guerlain Lingerie De Peau and Terracotta Healthy Glow and many others), various brands, drugstore, mac, high end, luxury, lots of different shades and finishes, basicaly you can tell I'm obsessed and I've been using this foundation since september last year and even though I still try out different foundations, I don't think I will ever find anything better than this!

For reference I got the shade W6 which is so perfect for my tan, it just dissapears into the skin, I never found such perfect shade for me before even when at times I was mixing up to 5 (!) shades from different foundation to get as close to 'foundation perfection' as possible.

What I'd recommend with this foundation, is to use just one pump, and then concealer, really, if you put more than 2 pumps, it will actually look no where near as good as it's supposed to so don't try to make it full on, because as it sets after like 5-10 minutes, it has way more coverage than what you see when you just put it on, that's the case with many other foundations, but without a good lightning, you might not even realize that and give yourself a cakey look, so just trust me, if you got pretty clean skin, with nothing major going on apart from let's say under-eye shadows, this foundation is for you, it gives that airbrushed look when applied with beautyblender, I just can't explain how amazing it looks, it gives a super gorgeous glow and second-skin effect! It looks even better when you put MAC Skinfinish Natural powder on top, my fave combo, hope this helps :)

on 5/15/2015 2:07:00 PM

Have bought this foundation over 5 times now and I'm so in love! Have to set with a powder though because I can look like a greased chicken.

on 5/13/2015 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Lumi? Where have you been my whole life? So its mid spring, I have been hearing rumblings about this Lumi from my trusted peeps on the Family Board for what seems like forever! But I had several bottles of my go to foundation in my regular Winter shade to finish up and BAM < vacation < tan! I needed something darker to keep up with my nice new, fresh summer time hue. So I picked up a bottle for a song. L'Oreal was 40% off at RiteAid so it wasn't much of a commitment to make. N3 was a perfect match. Lumi it just that, luminous! Goes on easily, I used a beauty blender so gently buff a few spots but to be honest 2 -3 pumps in my paws and this stuff smoother over my moisterized skin like butter. I have dry skin so I had no problems with the oil or oxidation that some ladies have had. It lasted 8 hours plus through a work day with no primer. I will keep buying this as it looks like velvet. Plus it looks like my skin but better and who doesn't want to look like that?

on 5/12/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this foundation. ive gone through about 7 or 8 bottles. let me just say though that I would definitely not recommend this if you have oily skin because by the end of the day you will look even more oily. I use it with a damp beauty blender or a buffing brush by real techniques sprayed with some sort of water like the Mario Badescu rose water or Fix+ and it looks great. The coverage is medium but it can be built up and it won't look cakey. I love the true match line in general because theirs so many different shades to pick from that'll actually match your skin. for example I got my foundation in the shade W5 but I use the powder in the shade C7 to contour with and I've been loving it. since it's basically a foundation it doesn't have any shimmer or glitter in it. but back to the true match lumi, it's also a dupe for the Nars sheer glow foundation which i love but it's super expensive

on 5/9/2015 10:15:00 PM

I used this today and hated it. Even though I used a beauty blender to smooth out my application, I checked it in the magnifier mirror and was horrified to see that it looked so bad. I am an older beauty junkie and have tried many foundations. I don't know why I keep trying these new kids on the block foundations. So far the best one is MAC face and body. It looks like skin not makeup.

on 5/6/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin but I heard great things about this foundation. I picked it up in the shade w6. Unlike the original True Match, it did not break me out but the color was very orange and it looked horrible in photos. It did blend nicely, and it covered well.