L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 6/8/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i just applied this foundation for the first time, no primer, to see how it behaves on my skin. and honestly, i'm not impressed. it seems to cling to my peach fuzz and it just looks extremely dry and dull. i read reviews on here saying it was good for dry skin but i'm just not seeing it. my skin looks super lifeless. :( i haven't tested the wear yet however, i'll probably come back and update this a little later.

on 6/6/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this from my sister on my birthday before she knew which brands were cruelty-free and which ones weren't, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I used it anyway, and WOW. This is the last foundation I would ever choose for myself, but it really is a great foundation!

PROS:
Finish: Although I have oily/combination skin, I love dewy-looking skin, and unfortunately most "luminous" foundations (MUFE HD, for example) make me really oily, which accentuates my pores and defeats the purpose of foundation. This, however, just makes me look really dewy and healthy, which I think would be especially useful when my skin gets dry in the Canadian winter. My blush and bronzer also go on very beautifully over this.
Coverage: The coverage is medium, but it is very buildable, though not to full coverage. I still do have to add a bit of concealer in some places, but I do have many, very dark acne scars so YMMV.
Application: Probably because of whatever makes it so dewy, this foundation goes on REALLY well. It is super easy to blend out, and even though the shade I have (W5) is just slightly too light for my NC30-35 skin, it looks like it just melts into my skin. I've only used this with a damp Quo blending sponge so far, but I'm sure it would look great applied with a brush or fingers.
Wear time: This foundation actually makes me less greasy over time than my other non-dewy foundations! And that is really something to note because my skin gets very oily under makeup, and quickly. I wore this shopping on a hot day once and I didn't have to touch up once, even though I was out for most of the day. I also find that this doesn't pool into the crevices and pores in my skin as much as other foundations do.
Shade selection: Although I wish they made more shades for deeper skin tones, the drugstore finally has a foundation that actually matches the deep golden undertones in my skin.
Ingredients: I have really sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. I also find that this mixes well with other foundations, if you want to change the consistency or colour.

CONS:
I do think that this is a bit expensive for a drugstore foundation, and, unfortunately, L'Oreal tests on animals, so I won't be repurchasing this product.

on 6/6/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i have mixed feelings on this foundation still.
i transition between GA LS and Nars Sheer Glow.
so i love the whole dewy, satin with a glow look, esp if it can be a budget item LOL

i love the packaging, very sleek and the pump is always a plus.
the foundation itself it easy to apply, the finish it lovely as well!
it has not caused me to break out so my only issue is this doesnt really set, you must apply a setting powder & the lasting powder is about 4-5 hrs. so its good for short lunch dates or running errands ect but def not long wearing as would my other two HG would be but its def a nice inexpensive alternitive. for 12$ at Target you cant go wrong!

on 6/5/2015 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I have very dry flakey skin and this foundation goes on evenly and smooth while keeping my skin hydrated throughout the day. I use shade W3 with the matching powder and they work perfectly together. It is a light to build able medium coverage. I love the packaging because it has a pump. It has a decent color selection for warm, neutral, and cool skin tones. It leaves my skin looking healthy and fresh. I defiantly recommend this if you have dry skin.

on 6/3/2015 8:54:00 AM

I was keen to try this product after such high reviews from make up artist Lauren Curtis. And I can now say this is one of my top foundations. I like the way it looks on my skin, as it usually looks quite smooth. It's not cakey either. I think it's a bit pricey though ($29.95).

on 6/2/2015 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So, it's been awhile since I bought drugstore foundation, but I am on a low buy and trying to save money. This seemed to be the closest I could get to Benefits Hello Flawless liquid. True Match Lumi doesn't have quite the shade selection of the original True Match, but it's still a fairly good selection. There does seem to be quite a difference from one shade to the next which could leave a lot of people between shades. The lightest neutral shade is far too dark for those with fair or even light skin, and is closer to a light medium shade, for reference it is a bit darker than Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville.

I'm really liking this foundation so far, I have dry skin and a lot of foundations look heavy no matter how little I apply of how much I blend. This gives a nice healthy, natural glow and blends easily. Coverage is on the light side, and this feels light and weightless on the skin. Seems to wear fairly well, I'd say this lasts 8, maybe 10 hours. Had no issues with this oxidizing on me

The pump applicator is a nice feature that the original True match does not feature. Can't really complain about the product itself, it's a really good value. Hopefully they add more shades in the future.

on 5/22/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have very dry skin, and this foundation is one of a couple that doesn't emphasize the awful flakes. It leaves a healthy, glowy finish; however I have acne, and it didn't cover it quite as well as I had hoped. The lightest shade is also a little too dark for my pale skin, but for those who don't have a ghostly complexion or major skin problems, this foundation will make your skin look moisturized and luminous.

on 5/18/2015 12:45:00 PM

Pros: the w3 gold linen (in the uk) blended out is a good enough match for my medium-fair neutral - yellow asian skin tone
The glowy finish is lovely
It looks natural and is enough coverage for me (I have quite even skin apart from some redness)
Cons:
Only lasts a few hours on my combo ski . It's good enough to get me out the door but by lunchtime my redness is showing through.
At fuller coverage, the colour is too orangey
No good at all for oily gals imo

on 5/17/2015 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The coverage was OK and blended OK but the thing that made me return it was the fact that the foundation never "set" on me. The finish was dewy as the name implies, but it also FELT dewy...like sticky, as in- I would touch my face and it felt like I had been sitting out in a humid rainforest sticky. I also noticed it had very little staying power in areas around the nose or underneath eyeglasses so I had to constantly touch up and/or shift the foundation sliding around those areas. I can't talk to the rest of wear time because the minute I got home I washed my face because I couldn't stand the way it felt on me.

I also tried mixing this in with the regular True Match formula to see if I could combat some of the issues and it was no better.

Both of these ended up getting tossed.

on 5/15/2015 4:27:00 PM

I'm obsessed with foundations and to me it's the most important part in makeup, so I've tried so, so, so many (I'll give some from what I still have at home, Armani Luminous Silk, EL Double Wear, both original and light version, MAC Studio Sculpt, Studio Fix, Full coverage foundation, YSL Fusion Ink, Chanel Perfection Lumiere, Nars Sheer Glow, Guerlain Lingerie De Peau and Terracotta Healthy Glow and many others), various brands, drugstore, mac, high end, luxury, lots of different shades and finishes, basicaly you can tell I'm obsessed and I've been using this foundation since september last year and even though I still try out different foundations, I don't think I will ever find anything better than this!

For reference I got the shade W6 which is so perfect for my tan, it just dissapears into the skin, I never found such perfect shade for me before even when at times I was mixing up to 5 (!) shades from different foundation to get as close to 'foundation perfection' as possible.

What I'd recommend with this foundation, is to use just one pump, and then concealer, really, if you put more than 2 pumps, it will actually look no where near as good as it's supposed to so don't try to make it full on, because as it sets after like 5-10 minutes, it has way more coverage than what you see when you just put it on, that's the case with many other foundations, but without a good lightning, you might not even realize that and give yourself a cakey look, so just trust me, if you got pretty clean skin, with nothing major going on apart from let's say under-eye shadows, this foundation is for you, it gives that airbrushed look when applied with beautyblender, I just can't explain how amazing it looks, it gives a super gorgeous glow and second-skin effect! It looks even better when you put MAC Skinfinish Natural powder on top, my fave combo, hope this helps :)