July 30, 2014 | 984 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by GabbyT15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with this foundation. An excellent alternative to high end products. Don't get me wrong, I love my MAC studio fix foundation and MAC BB cream but I find myself reaching for this foundation all the time. Has exactly what I'm looking for in my makeup--quality and longevity. A must buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this product has faults, it's truly what my skin has needed! I have combo skin and I'm on the oilier side with dry patches around my mouth at the moment. For whatever reason this summer, no matter what foundation i use it dries my skin out more and more. I even went back to buy foundations that i previously thought were too dewy for me (true match) but even that didn't cut it. I finally decided to but the True Match Lumi and i LOVE IT! I'll note that i wear N1/2 and it's a perfect match for my skin tone, but in the regular true match i wore W3 so be aware that the lightest of the neutrals isn't exactly light! I get medium coverage with one layer and full coverage with 2 while it still looks natural! I do have to powder it, which leads to my biggest issue with the foundation: it's so slippery. It is definitely a foundation where i need to be mindful of rubbing my face on anything otherwise I'll be leaving a beige mark behind. It also takes a bit longer than I'm used to to set on my face, but the regular true match already took AGES to set (once it sets i need to smooth out where it's set into my smile lines, but once i do that and powder I'm good to go for the day). But these negatives don't make a difference to me, because this is the only foundation i can wear right now that doesn't make me look like Herman Munster!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by raachel07

I used this pretty much until it ran out (or at least until I gave in and bought something new to try, which means I used to for about 3 months).
Overall, a pretty mediocre foundation. Although I haven't used Loreal's regular True Match foundation(s), I have tried other Loreal foundations in general and this stands out as one of the best.
The formula is very liquidy/watery but it's nice because it means that the product doesn't feel heavy on the skin, although it does feel dewy so I wouldn't really recommend it for oily skin. I would buy the foundation again, but I would possibly buy it in the winter because since my skin is leaning more towards combination and it gets drier in the colder months. It didn't make me break out, which was good; I actually thought my skin improved overall while I was using this. Staying power is pretty decent, although, like I said, it gets oily/slippery so it lasts longer with a powder and a primer would probably help, too.
Price is reasonable. It has a pump, which is a plus, except the cap falls off sometimes. Merrp :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

This product is nice but not the full coverage I was expecting it to be. I feel like I need to do 2 layers to get the desired coverage and then it looks cakey at that point. I have dry skin and was expecting this to be more moisturizing. Not the best foundation in the world but good colors. If you are having trouble getting the perfect color, try mixing 2 shades!! You will be amazed at the difference. Cheap enough to purchase 2.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

im really not a huge fan of this makeup. For the price it really doesn't do much for me and it doesn't do the best of covering impurities and stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by WonderWoman

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is based on my having oily skin. If you have dry skin this might work great for you.

Pros:
- Sunscreen
- Decent medium coverage

Cons:
- Greasy, slick, overly shiny. If you put a thin enough layer on to spread out the greasiness, then you have no coverage.
- You know how most liquid foundations will dry somewhat after being on your skin a few minutes? This doesn't. Applying eyebrow pencil wasn't working well because you get a little bit of foundation right up against your brows, and it was too much greasiness for the pencil to go on as normal.

If you're very oily at all, stay away from this. I actually resorted to using it as a moisturizer before I put on foundation for real, because this is so greasy I only need a very thin layer for that. I hugely regret losing my receipt after purchasing, or I'd have returned this after giving it a really fair try over a week.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just tried this on a whim and am very pleased with it. It gives medium coverage with a glowy finish that I think works well for the summer. I purchased in nutbrown/cocoa which is slightly too dark but will match my summer tan. This rare shade is deep enough for my chocolate complexion but neutral and not too red toned. I like that it has no smell and feels light. It goes on very nicely -- creamy, but not heavy and blends really well . Layering gives more coverage without caking. It reminds me of the Smashbox Halo but less sheer. It is glowy, dewy, radiant but not greasy-looking. On my combination skin, primer and/finishing powder helps to keep it in place, but does little to matte it down. By the end of the day, it has mostly worn off my t-zone. There's no shimmer; it really looks like moist/moisturized skin. It comes in a nice bottle with a controllable pump; I use about two applied with a stippling brush. My biggest con is that it transfers really bad - even with primer/powder it still rubs off with the slightest touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by sharon11501

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have dry skin in the winter and most foundations look flaky and dry on me... this one does not! This literally gives you a natural glow which looks amazing in the summer time. In the summer I lightly set this foundation because it does come off if I don't set it. That being said, this foundation does last me through the day in the winter without powder (I'm just sweaty in the summer). This foundation is meant to be used as light/medium coverage, giving a natural look for everyday, not something you would wear out to, let's say, a club.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by funfunfun123

This is by far my favourite foundation. It's great for people who want a light-medium coverage and comes in a great selection of colours. I love the fact that it has a pump, and the formula applies easily (I use a stippling brush or my fingers), is quite liquidy and has a very natural finish, being luminous, but not shimmery. I really only use this to even out my skintone, and sometimes I'll mix some with my moisturiser for light coverage, but if I have the occasional spot, I'll just put some concealer over it for more coverage. It's quite pricey for a lower end foundation (but then again, all makeup in Australia is marked up at least double the price in the US). I will definitely buy this again once I run out, but probably only if it's on sale :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by EleanorD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I brought the W 1-2 a few months ago and was very disappointed. It looked more greasy then dewy when I applied it. Covered up a little redness on my cheeks, wouldn't work on blemishes at all. Wore of in as little as 2-3 hours, even when I used a primer and/of powder. Worst part was the break outs. :(