L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.4

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

First off, love the pump bottle! The color matches my skin perfectly. This foundation is perfect when I first apply it, great coverage & very blendable. BUT it never really sets in. Even with a setting powder. After at least an hour my skin feels very dewey and if I touch it or my face touches anything it just wipes off & I NEVER have an oily face. If it would set differently I would definitely purchase again

This is a beautiful foundation. I happened to pick it up on sale which is not the norm, so I'm even more inclined to like it because it was $6 off the regular price; but regardless, the formula is great! Very natural, yet provides decent coverage. I love it for every day use, as it has an SPF in it, which I would avoid for nights out if there's going to be photos of any kind, but on a day to day it works well. I'm shade Creamy Natural which is perfect for my red undertones. It really does cancel out any redness--for me it did at least. It feels so light on the skin, it's barely detectable and it does give that dewy, fresh look, hence "Lumi". Glad I finally decided to pick this up after umming and awing about it for a year. Good buy.

on 1/15/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I finally found a foundation that I look forward to using. I was always so used to wearing matte finish and that didn't sit too well with my dry skin. I stumbled upon this and I'm so glad I did. I'm in love with the satin-y finish, the packaging, etc. The only downfall to this foundation is the light-medium coverage but it's no problem because I can always build it up with another layer. Definitely buying again :)

on 1/13/2015 10:50:00 PM

Awwww man where do I start.. Saw this and I went cray cray and bought it before I knew it Thought it was the next big thing and the PUMP don't get me started on the pump because this was my first pump bottle foundation and every morning GAWD did I have fun >.

on 1/13/2015 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I guess I'm one of the only oily skinned people who actually like this! To be fair, I've recently started going for a dewy skin look though so that's probably why. But I honestly really like this! It has just enough coverage so it doesn't look cakey but does a good job at evening out my skin tone. Plus the pump is fantastic compared to the horrible pour out design of the regular true match. The shade w1-2 matches my fair skin perfectly. I like to apply this with a damp beauty blender to get even more moisture. I would give this a try if you're not strictly a matte person!

on 1/12/2015 8:47:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation. I used the regular true match for a few years and switched to this one because it has the pump. It gives nice coverage the only thing I would recommend is not using it if you have oily skin. It's already shiny in itself

on 1/10/2015 4:13:00 AM

Oh and even though I bought a warm shade (W5) it kind of had pink undertones! :(

on 1/8/2015 7:43:00 PM

I normally wear the shade w1 in the other true match line so I went with the shade w1-2 in the luminous line. This foundation has a very thin consistency and it goes on very sheer. I say this has a light coverage maybe medium.

I wish that the shades were better like the other true match line as the shade 1-2 is definitely just a hint too dark for me but it blends in enough to not be noticeable at all. This foundation is also very hydrating and doesnt accentuate dryness at all..I would NOT reccommend anyone with oily skin to wear this because it won't help you with that. This foundation would be best suited for dry skin types (like mine) in my opinion.

I like this foundation and I would buy it again because I do like the sheer coverage for when Im not feeling anything more than that.

Pros
-no fragrance/perfumes
-light coverage
-no irritation
-doesnt accentuate dryness
-best suited for dry skin types
-pump bottle
-blends into the skin

cons
-not for medium-full coverage
-shade range is lacking

on 1/7/2015 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am in love with this foundation! It has been my go-to lately, and I am very impressed with it.

The formula is quite thin, but not watery either. A little bit of this stuff goes a very long way - one tiny pump is all I need to cover my entire face and neck. It has medium coverage, but I find you can build it up for a higher coverage. It covers my uneven skin tone just fine with one coat, though. It also doesn't accentuate my dry patches like most other foundations do.

This product claims to have a luminous finish, but I personally find it quite matte on my skin. Maybe because my skin is super dry? Who knows. But regardless, it's matte, but it doesn't leave your skin super matte either. Still has a very subtle natural glow to it.

At around $14 Canadian Dollars a bottle, it is a fair bit more pricey than most drugstore foundations, but I can see why. It's a good foundation that I predict will last me quite some time.

on 1/7/2015 1:49:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product since everyone loves the true match line from Loreal... but i can't get along with it.. I bought the shade C3 (im around an nw20/nc15 in the winter and nc30 in the summer) and at first its a great match, then it oxidizes to a horrible dark orangey color. The foundation is medium coverage, that is slightly buildable. I find that for me the foundation covers most of my redness and light scarring, anything more severe you have to go in with a concealer. I have dry to normal skin and with this foundation after setting with a powder i find my skin looks more like an oily hotmess rather than a luminous glow in about 4 hours.. With other foundations like my Revlon Colorstay I never have to do touchups throughout the day. This foundation also only lasted around 6 hours on my skin, it also fades away in a very patchy and blotchy manner. One thing I do like about this foundation is that it has a nice pump that comes with the foundation and is easy to find at all drugstore and supermarkets. I feel this foundation tries (and fails) to be like Mac's Studio Sculpt, which I love. Thinking and hoping that Target will accept this as a return.