L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 7/8/2015 9:45:00 PM

I think this is a decent foundation. I'd say the coverage is on the lighter side, and it feels pretty light as well. The consistency is a bit thinner than the Pro-matte foundation, but it's not runny. The pump dispenses just about the right amount of product for me.
It doesn't set in the fine lines and pores, and it doesn't look cakey. I guess it's somewhat dewy but not overly so. Towards the end of the day it does fade a little.

on 7/8/2015 1:24:00 PM

This used to be my favourite foundation. I initially used the original l'oreal true match foundation but they didn't stock it at the shops one day so I figured this would work. I love the color selection and W4 is a lovely color match for me, I also enjoyed the dewy finish and the high coverage this gave me despite having very very oily skin. If you have oily skin stray from this foundation! Try the original one instead. After I switched to a different foundation, I have come to realize how bad this one was. There are many pro's though, it had a dewy finish which looks nice at first, it has a great color selection, it has medium to full coverage and is super buildable. Cons, it will make you oily, it feels disgusting on the skin when you put it on, it has a gross scent, it transfers easily (every time i hugged someone, foundation would get on their shirt and i'd always powder), it looked cakey even with minimal application, and this broke me out. I had nice clear skin until I tried this foundation but because of its full coverage I never tried anything else and I hate myself for it. I have acne scars all over my skin and the breakouts IMMEDIATELY stopped when I got a new foundation. Haven't had a pimple since.

on 6/22/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SHADE SELECTION: W6 (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: brush or sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- light to medium coverage
- easy to blend
- dewy finish
- does not settle into fine lines
- does not cling to dry spots
- lightweight
- pump

CONS

- more product is used
- can get oily fast

COMMENTS: This is a dewy, light to medium coverage foundation. I find this similar to MAC's Face and Body (which I love), but with more coverage. It looks so natural on and blends so easily. The consistency is thin and does not settle into fine lines nor does it cling to dry spots. You will find yourself using more product because it can be pretty sheer, especially with a sponge (it soaks up a lot of product). You will certainly get oily and longevity will be affected if you have oily skin. I didn't have any issues with this lasting on my combination skin and it looked beautiful as the day went on. It's a nice, hydrating foundation.

Will repurchase.

on 6/20/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It was patchy in the winter, and works fine in the summer. Very little coverage and feels heavy.

on 6/17/2015 11:00:00 AM

Meh...1st a bit about me for your reference: MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair; IT Cosmetics CC + = Light

For me, n1-2 soft ivory/classic ivory out of their neutral shades is perfect match for me :)

Coverage = medium to medium full. Luminous finish = yes. Color transfer = unfortunately YES (even setting w/ UD All Nighter, my mu didn't last a full 8 hours and before I used UD, quite a bit of color transfer when rubbed nose w/ kleenex (I had a runny nose - sorry if TMI) :)

I get better coverage and far less transfer w/ a similar luminous finish when I add L'Oreal's Lumi primer to my Hokkila Hokkila BB cream and my EL Double Wear.

Would I repurchase - nope since I can get better results doing the DYI as described above.

on 6/14/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation definitely wasn't for me. I have normal skin, not really any oily or dry areas, but this foundation just went SO patchy on me throughout the day. And the coverage was not great at all. I usually use the true March foundation but fancied a change.... Straight back to the true match for me!

on 6/13/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this foundation on my skin because it gives me a nice, refreshed look but my only con with this foundation is that it transfers throughout the day even if I use powder on top! If this foundation didn't transfer then I would of made this my HG foundation but oh well :/

on 6/8/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i just applied this foundation for the first time, no primer, to see how it behaves on my skin. and honestly, i'm not impressed. it seems to cling to my peach fuzz and it just looks extremely dry and dull. i read reviews on here saying it was good for dry skin but i'm just not seeing it. my skin looks super lifeless. :( i haven't tested the wear yet however, i'll probably come back and update this a little later.

on 6/6/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this from my sister on my birthday before she knew which brands were cruelty-free and which ones weren't, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I used it anyway, and WOW. This is the last foundation I would ever choose for myself, but it really is a great foundation!

PROS:
Finish: Although I have oily/combination skin, I love dewy-looking skin, and unfortunately most "luminous" foundations (MUFE HD, for example) make me really oily, which accentuates my pores and defeats the purpose of foundation. This, however, just makes me look really dewy and healthy, which I think would be especially useful when my skin gets dry in the Canadian winter. My blush and bronzer also go on very beautifully over this.
Coverage: The coverage is medium, but it is very buildable, though not to full coverage. I still do have to add a bit of concealer in some places, but I do have many, very dark acne scars so YMMV.
Application: Probably because of whatever makes it so dewy, this foundation goes on REALLY well. It is super easy to blend out, and even though the shade I have (W5) is just slightly too light for my NC30-35 skin, it looks like it just melts into my skin. I've only used this with a damp Quo blending sponge so far, but I'm sure it would look great applied with a brush or fingers.
Wear time: This foundation actually makes me less greasy over time than my other non-dewy foundations! And that is really something to note because my skin gets very oily under makeup, and quickly. I wore this shopping on a hot day once and I didn't have to touch up once, even though I was out for most of the day. I also find that this doesn't pool into the crevices and pores in my skin as much as other foundations do.
Shade selection: Although I wish they made more shades for deeper skin tones, the drugstore finally has a foundation that actually matches the deep golden undertones in my skin.
Ingredients: I have really sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. I also find that this mixes well with other foundations, if you want to change the consistency or colour.

CONS:
I do think that this is a bit expensive for a drugstore foundation, and, unfortunately, L'Oreal tests on animals, so I won't be repurchasing this product.

on 6/6/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i have mixed feelings on this foundation still.
i transition between GA LS and Nars Sheer Glow.
so i love the whole dewy, satin with a glow look, esp if it can be a budget item LOL

i love the packaging, very sleek and the pump is always a plus.
the foundation itself it easy to apply, the finish it lovely as well!
it has not caused me to break out so my only issue is this doesnt really set, you must apply a setting powder & the lasting powder is about 4-5 hrs. so its good for short lunch dates or running errands ect but def not long wearing as would my other two HG would be but its def a nice inexpensive alternitive. for 12$ at Target you cant go wrong!