October 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Repair Absolute

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by NHarbison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, as I was looking for something for drier skin (my skin is changing) and I liked it at first. It goes on nicely, really smooth looking, and has a nice finish, however, as the day goes on it seems to get oily and any blush and/or bronzer I have put on top of it has vanished, even when I powder on top of the foundation. Price is average for a higher end drug store brand. Packaging is nothing special - typical of a sponge on type foundation. Bottom line is I won't be repurchasing this again, mainly because of the lack of staying power and not being able to use products over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Shasta333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks good at first, but throughout the day made my face very oily and just sits on top of it and smears easily. I've tried it with and without a powder over it. Maybe it would be good for people with very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by MIAHONEY

As a makeup artist, I'm always looking for "flawless" but I'm also looking for "affordable" because I go through so much foundation. I had been using Chantecaille, but it was getting ridiculously spendy. Had been searching for the perfect full coverage cream foundation and bought this on a whim. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Prime!! Either with De-Slick spray by UD or the old standby Milk of Magnesia (yes! look it up if you haven't heard) if you're oily.
Using a damp Beauty Blender sponge, stipple (don't rub) it on. Dabbing until melted into skin. Gorgeous coverage.
Set with translucent powder. This is the only cream foundation that doesn't settle into lines.
Perfect.
Other MAs on my jobs ask me what I use all the time. I pray they don't discontinue this.
ps. Most used: Creamy Natural is a great color for lighter/medium skintones. Classic Tan for contouring and warming up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this foundation. It has a physical sunscreen, it contains hyaluronic acid and I've had good luck with L'Oreal foundations in the past. Most of the reviews and first impressions I've seen were by oily skinned ladies who said this foundation would be great for dry skin. My skin has been super dry and flaky lately, so I thought this foundation might work out well. But, this is honestly the worst foundation I have ever tried.

My "match" is not a good color for me. I purchased Light Ivory. I am NC20 with some redness and discoloration. This made me look super red/pink and it oxidized and looked orange all around my hairline and neck. It's not too dark; just a bad match. I didn't think it felt greasy at all, more just like a slippery (silicone)/ wet texture. However, it really dried out once I put it on my face. It made my forehead feel extremely tight and itchy. It really clung to any dry, flaky areas. It failed to cover any imperfections whatsoever. I tried the sponge it comes with, a beautyblender, a flat top brush and even my fingers. I struggled to get even, smooth coverage with all application methods. From far away it looks fine, but up close, it is a streaky uneven mess. Chalky almost. It sinks into and exaggerates any and all fine lines and pores. It made me feel super self conscious, because it highlighted flaws I didn't know existed!

Sadly, I have nothing good to say about this foundation. It is just not for me. Technically, it should be a good foundation for me... I am in my early 30's with dry skin and I'm just starting to see some fine lines. I usually LOVE L'Oreal products. This foundation did nothing good for my skin and it looked horrendous. I plan on returning it, which is something I literally never do with drugstore products.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by cass22101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know oily skin and cream foundation usually don't mix but I couldn't pass up this foundation. The packaging is gorgeous. It has a screw top and the bottom flips open to reveal a sponge. The texture of this product is pretty cool. It feels really smooth and almost greasy to the touch. I applied it to my face with a flat top brush and was taken back by the wet sensation. I had washed my brush the night before and though it was still wet, but it wasn't. The foundation feels cool and wet like you are applying water to your face. It's very refreshing. It also blends really well. Unfortunatley, it doesn't stay in place. If you use a sweeping motion, the foundation comes right off and moves across your face. The only way I could apply this was with a stippling motion. It just sits on your skin and never dries down. It also transfers like crazy! I purchased this in natural beige which was a perfect match for my NC 30 skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased 119 Soft Ivory, the lightest shade available and it's way too pink for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster 1. Sadly all the pale shades in this foundation line are pink in undertone with no yellow or neutral shades available. Besides the wrong colour match the other aspects of this foundation are great. The formula is creamy, blends easily into the skin to provide medium coverage, and sets to a slight satin finish. Wears well all day long with minimal touch ups or blotting required in my oilier t-zone. If L'Oreal were to expand this line to include more neutral pale shades I would try this foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by qwerty8797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Its an okay foundation, goes on silky smooth on skin and the texture is very creamy, easy to blend. It has a pink undertone, so i use a green color primer underneath. However, i have huge pores on nose and this foundation does not provide full coverage nor long lasting power. It is not suitable for oily skin, whereas it can be really good for dry skins. So im using this foundation for cheeks which are relatively dry and colorstay foundation with concealer for my nose. Im kind of annoyed by the fact that i have to use two seperate foundations so i sometimes skip using this. Also, this foundation has a chemical smell to it which is awful. I would repurchase because i like how it spreads on my skin and instantly brightens up my face but im still on my hunt to find a better creme foundation, only because this smells bad and it doesnt last long like many other loreal foundations

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I am seriously really impressed by this foundation. I hadn't really been in love with high end cream foundations that I had tried so I was hesitant to buy one from the drugstore but I'm glad I have! I decided to try this foundation after seeing generally favourable reviews and hearing how great it is for dry skin. I have dry skin all year round but in the winter in particular, it flakes, cracks, peels...you name it- making it very hard to find a foundation which does not accentuate all of it. This is that foundation. This foundation is medium to full coverage, has a dewy finish, is unscented, has spf 16 and comes with with a little applicator sponge. I personally think that the package is also lovely but could be better if they took away the sponge cause who actually uses those to begin with? I love that with this foundation my skin feels like skin! It doesn't feel tight or like it has makeup on it. I've tried applying it with a foundation paddle brush and a stippling brush but I prefer it most with my beauty blender. The combination of the beauty blender and this foundation just make my skin look flawless. I definitely don't recommend this for people with really oily skin since it is a dewy finish and has a high tendency to look oily faster but on my dry skin I love this. I will definitely be going back to my matte liquid foundations in the summer but I could not imagine a better option for winter skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by mayonegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am on my 3rd compact of this. I love that it has physical sunscreen in it, that it covers perfectly but isn't heavy (I apply it with a Beautyblender) and that the lightest shade is a perfect match for my skin. I'm a very fair redhead and this is my holy grail foundation. It feels like I'm not wearing foundation at all, lets my skin texture show through but erases pores. It's baffling really. Oh, how I love it. I powder over it with a matte pressed powder and a brush and my skin is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I purchased this version of Visible Lift foundation because the store I went to was sold out of the color I wanted in the liquid version of Visible Lift with the serum, so I figured this would be the next best thing.

I really liked the liquid, but the color was wrong.

This foundation will not set on its own, it will remain creamy on your skin, so you definitely need to use a setting powder or spray. If not, it WILL get messy, not just smearing and moving around on your face, but also getting onto everything I imagine.

It is not matte, and a little goes a long way. Coverage-wise it's very good, and the first time I used way too much.

I use a flat top brush and find this provides the best application. Very good coverage, but I have to be very careful not to touch between the time I get it perfectly applied, and the time I apply a setting powder. If you even lightly touch your face, it will move. You can build up the coverage a bit, but not too much as that will make you have far too much of this stuff on your face. I think the key is to use as little as possible. I apply a very light coat all over my face, then go over my cheeks where I have scarring.

The color match: I used shade 139 Honey Beige and am an NC42/c40 and wear Revlon Colorstay Golden Caramel. The darker shade would've been too dark, but this one is very close. It's a little too pink, and does not have a yellow base so it does look chalky and it is very obvious I am wearing foundation. It's pinker than I am. A problem with many DS foundations is that the darker shades are just progressively darker white shades. This is not a good match because there is a cast.

However, the reason I am continuing to use it, is that I have found a huge decrease in the dryness of my skin, and it does not cling to dry spots of appear flaky. It's like a foundation and skin treatment in one. Of course, being a cream, it does not last all day. But, it does last a surprisingly long time. I've had liquids that have not lasted as long as this, and I never expected it to last a full 8 hours, because of the formula.

Overall, it's serving my #1 concern at the moment, which is dry skin, while giving me the coverage I require. I would not use this for a special occasion simply because the color match is not that good and my face would definitely be a different color from my neck/chest.

If you can find a good color match and have drier skin, this would be excellent for you.