December 22, 2014 | 1781 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Repair Absolute

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Moaner

This foundation is just average for me. It has pretty decent coverage and goes on nice and creamy. But after a few hours, it definitely looks separated and weird on my oily parts (like my nose). It also made me break out after about 6 hrs of wear. No thank you- I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I SO love this! I'd been using Merle Norman's loose minerals, but having a harder time mixing to the right shade since they changed the numbering. So, tired of the hassle, I was ripe for straying. Tried a few that were "close, but no cigar," and I have absolutely no idea why I chose this. But, wow!, I've loved it from Day One a month or so ago, and continue to be just as impressed. I use my fingers, then cream blush, then a light application of pressed translucent powder--and it stays ALL day and evening. Seriously, from 7:30a to 11 or midnight, and it's all there, looking fresh. I have absurdly sensitive eyes and this doesn't bother them at all--even when I use it on my darkish under eye circles...which brings me to coverage...this has got it. I'm amazed. It reminds me a lot of the Gerda Spillmann that looked so gorgeous, but without the stinging and heavy scent, and at a fraction of the price.

EDIT 8/10/13-- it's still awfully good, but I've rediscovered an old love: Illuminare. I like not feeling the need for powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Jessrockstarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this foundation. I have very dry skin, so I was almost expecting this to look terrible on me. I exfoliated well, moisterized, then applied this foundation with a mac 187 stippling brush and I was SO surprised and happy with the result. The color is gorgeous. I'm the lightest shade, so I usually look ill before I apply bronzer/highlight/blush. But this is very warm toned and it makes me look alive as soon as I apply it. I have been wearing this since I bought it, it's so good. The packaging could be better, however. I feel like you're just scraping old foundation off the top with each use, but other than that it's a 10/10 for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by NHarbison

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, as I was looking for something for drier skin (my skin is changing) and I liked it at first. It goes on nicely, really smooth looking, and has a nice finish, however, as the day goes on it seems to get oily and any blush and/or bronzer I have put on top of it has vanished, even when I powder on top of the foundation. Price is average for a higher end drug store brand. Packaging is nothing special - typical of a sponge on type foundation. Bottom line is I won't be repurchasing this again, mainly because of the lack of staying power and not being able to use products over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Shasta333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This looks good at first, but throughout the day made my face very oily and just sits on top of it and smears easily. I've tried it with and without a powder over it. Maybe it would be good for people with very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by MIAHONEY

As a makeup artist, I'm always looking for "flawless" but I'm also looking for "affordable" because I go through so much foundation. I had been using Chantecaille, but it was getting ridiculously spendy. Had been searching for the perfect full coverage cream foundation and bought this on a whim. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Prime!! Either with De-Slick spray by UD or the old standby Milk of Magnesia (yes! look it up if you haven't heard) if you're oily.
Using a damp Beauty Blender sponge, stipple (don't rub) it on. Dabbing until melted into skin. Gorgeous coverage.
Set with translucent powder. This is the only cream foundation that doesn't settle into lines.
Perfect.
Other MAs on my jobs ask me what I use all the time. I pray they don't discontinue this.
ps. Most used: Creamy Natural is a great color for lighter/medium skintones. Classic Tan for contouring and warming up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this foundation. It has a physical sunscreen, it contains hyaluronic acid and I've had good luck with L'Oreal foundations in the past. Most of the reviews and first impressions I've seen were by oily skinned ladies who said this foundation would be great for dry skin. My skin has been super dry and flaky lately, so I thought this foundation might work out well. But, this is honestly the worst foundation I have ever tried.

My "match" is not a good color for me. I purchased Light Ivory. I am NC20 with some redness and discoloration. This made me look super red/pink and it oxidized and looked orange all around my hairline and neck. It's not too dark; just a bad match. I didn't think it felt greasy at all, more just like a slippery (silicone)/ wet texture. However, it really dried out once I put it on my face. It made my forehead feel extremely tight and itchy. It really clung to any dry, flaky areas. It failed to cover any imperfections whatsoever. I tried the sponge it comes with, a beautyblender, a flat top brush and even my fingers. I struggled to get even, smooth coverage with all application methods. From far away it looks fine, but up close, it is a streaky uneven mess. Chalky almost. It sinks into and exaggerates any and all fine lines and pores. It made me feel super self conscious, because it highlighted flaws I didn't know existed!

Sadly, I have nothing good to say about this foundation. It is just not for me. Technically, it should be a good foundation for me... I am in my early 30's with dry skin and I'm just starting to see some fine lines. I usually LOVE L'Oreal products. This foundation did nothing good for my skin and it looked horrendous. I plan on returning it, which is something I literally never do with drugstore products.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by cass22101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know oily skin and cream foundation usually don't mix but I couldn't pass up this foundation. The packaging is gorgeous. It has a screw top and the bottom flips open to reveal a sponge. The texture of this product is pretty cool. It feels really smooth and almost greasy to the touch. I applied it to my face with a flat top brush and was taken back by the wet sensation. I had washed my brush the night before and though it was still wet, but it wasn't. The foundation feels cool and wet like you are applying water to your face. It's very refreshing. It also blends really well. Unfortunatley, it doesn't stay in place. If you use a sweeping motion, the foundation comes right off and moves across your face. The only way I could apply this was with a stippling motion. It just sits on your skin and never dries down. It also transfers like crazy! I purchased this in natural beige which was a perfect match for my NC 30 skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased 119 Soft Ivory, the lightest shade available and it's way too pink for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster 1. Sadly all the pale shades in this foundation line are pink in undertone with no yellow or neutral shades available. Besides the wrong colour match the other aspects of this foundation are great. The formula is creamy, blends easily into the skin to provide medium coverage, and sets to a slight satin finish. Wears well all day long with minimal touch ups or blotting required in my oilier t-zone. If L'Oreal were to expand this line to include more neutral pale shades I would try this foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by qwerty8797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Its an okay foundation, goes on silky smooth on skin and the texture is very creamy, easy to blend. It has a pink undertone, so i use a green color primer underneath. However, i have huge pores on nose and this foundation does not provide full coverage nor long lasting power. It is not suitable for oily skin, whereas it can be really good for dry skins. So im using this foundation for cheeks which are relatively dry and colorstay foundation with concealer for my nose. Im kind of annoyed by the fact that i have to use two seperate foundations so i sometimes skip using this. Also, this foundation has a chemical smell to it which is awful. I would repurchase because i like how it spreads on my skin and instantly brightens up my face but im still on my hunt to find a better creme foundation, only because this smells bad and it doesnt last long like many other loreal foundations