BeneFit Cosmetics Ultra Plush Lip Gloss

3.3

on 7/18/2014 4:30:00 AM

I got these ones recently and am really gravitating towards Benefit glosses when I need that quick, 5 min makeup routine for a nice wash of color and juicy lips effect.

These glosses give that nice shine to your lips and are quite moisturizing as well. I love wearing these to the gym when I need to work out on camouflage my dry lips with a nice rosy tint.

I have several types of Benefit ultra plush glosses, with my top one being Bella Bamba. I haven't tried Dallas - but that looks cute as well.

These glosses are going to last you a long time and can be worn on their own or on top of a lip product.

I noticed that when layering these - they don't go clumpy and are not sticky at all.

There is a cool in-depth review of most of the colors + swatches from Benefit range here.

on 4/27/2014 1:19:00 AM

I bought this after asking a shop assistant her opinion on her favourite pink lip gloss or lip stick as I wanted something new. I bought it in Fauxmance at her recommendation. I loved it to start with, the packaging is gorgeous and the colour is perfect for a natural berry pink, however I don't know if I had a bad batch or what happened but about 2 months after I bought it, it started smelling really...off. Like not the fruity fragrance that it originally had (which didn't bother me). I asked my boyfriend to smell it and tell me what he thought it smelt like in case it was my imagination, and he described it as "wet clothes that have been left in a bag for a few days" and that's exactly what it smells like. I gave this a 3 because if it wasn't for that I thought it was wonderful, but unfortunately my experience was a bad one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a Coralista lip gloss with the blush and I am actually very pleased with it, I bought it slightly out of nostalgia for the Victoria Secret lipglosses we all obsessed over in high school, luckily this is not a sticky mess. It is decently pigmented and does have a luxurious silky consistency on your lips. I believe it was around $16 USD which is not too extravagant. Will I repurchase, no probably not. It is not a life altering product but it is a fun pickup and holds true to Benefit's quality of products.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

One word: heavenly.
I know there are thousands of lip gloss products out there but I swear by this one. Sheer natural pink and it feels so luxurious on your lips! It's not sticky at all, and for a lip gloss it has a lot of staying power. A bit on the expensive price but I would say go for it if you have hesitations on buying this product.

on 2/11/2014 9:04:00 PM

I own ultra plush lip gloss in sugarbomb. I feel that is isn't very different than L'Oreal Paris le glosses that also comes in a tube.In fact, there is color that comes in Colour Riche Le Glosses called a nude touch, is similar to BeneFit and longer lasting. Sugarbomb is very sheer wash of color, does not last long and costs twice as much as L'Oreal version. On upside does give my lips a cushiony feel, my lips feel plumper.I agree with below reviewer if your looking for pigmentation and a long lasting gloss you will be disappointed that you will have reapply every hour or so.
side note: I love this gloss because it is a shade darker then my lips, and shimmer gives it a added pop. I have also put picture of me wearing the gloss in sugarbomb, my pic is the one with a door in the background.

on 2/10/2014 8:56:00 AM

I got the Ultra Plush lip gloss in Coralista, and was pleasantly surprised with this. I agree with the previous reviewers that the lipgloss is sheer and only adds a hint of colour which makes your natural lip colour look "a little better than it is". However, this has quickly become one of my favourite lip glosses. I'll tell you why.

Firstly, unlike most lip gloss out there, this one is NOT sticky. It doesn't feel like you're slathering honey onto your skin, which is something I tend to avoid while shopping for lip gloss. As it runs true to its name, it does feel "plush" on the lips provide just a hint of colour and gloss at the same time.

Secondly, I love the fact that it does not dry out my lip. Strangely, this feels more like a lip balm... it light-weight formula kept my lips moisturised throughout the day. However, I must warn that frequent re-application is required as the product somehow 'disappears' after a couple of hours.

All in all, if you're looking for comfortable lip gloss that provides just a hint of colour for everyday use, then you would love this product. If high colour pigmentation and high shine top your list, then you would be disappointed.

on 1/31/2014 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have a travel size of Dandelion. In the tube, it's a peachy pink with very fine sparkles. On the lips, it's an extremely sheer pink that's barely noticeable. This is yet another failed attempt of mine at finding a light, peachy pink gloss that actually shows up on the lips.

I do like the sweet scent of this gloss, which is so unique, and unlike any other gloss scent. Also, this gloss is not too shiny or sticky, thank goodness. If this product wasn't so pricey, I'd repurchase, but it just isn't noteworthy enough for me to want it in the full size.

on 1/11/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have a small size of this in Dandelion, and I really like it. I'm wary of light lip colours as I'm very pale and they often just make me look ill, but this is the perfect shade of light, natural pink that's looks healthy and pretty.

The look you get is very natural, it's not strongly pigmented, and not too glossy. It isn't sticky or too thick. It has a nice peach flavour. It didn't last very long on me but when it faded off it didn't leave me with overly dry lips which is nice.

on 1/1/2014 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this in Dandelion. It is a peachy pastel pink with subtle micro glitter. Very pretty indeed but it has no colour payoff on the lips at all. In fairness I would not choose this colour for myself, and I received the gloss as a free gift in a magazine.

So if we disregard the colour issue, there are still things about this gloss that I enjoy. It has a flattering gloss finish which is not too high shine and works well over lipstick. It is very comfortable, and unlike other reviewers I have found it quite long lasting and almost moisturising, with a pleasant light texture on the lips. There is nothing goopy about this stuff, you apply and forget about it. Best of all, it is the least sticky gloss I have ever tried, which earns it immediate brownie points.

Of course there has to be a downside, and for me that is the fragrance. It has a peculiar sickly sweet marzipan like scent, and while it isn't bothering me too much right now I would be driven nuts by it if I wore the gloss regularly. I really can't wear something that has a smell or flavour that I have doubts about and I wonder why manufacturers add these when they must be such a deal breaker for many.

So really, I don't think I'll be buying any of these glosses, even if they had a spot-on colour for me in the range. It's expensive, and while that wouldn't put me off on it's own, I don't want to buy something that might make me feel nauseous because of its fragrance a month down the line.

I have always been a little skeptical about lip glosses and had the impression that they were extremely sticky and that the colour payoff wouldn't be as good as a lipstick or a lip pencil. The texture is not sticky and extremely moisturizing, the colour payoff is light but decent for a lip gloss. For all of you lovely lip junkie's out there , this might just be another one to add to your collection!

All in all, I do really like it and it's probably one of the best lip glosses I have within my makeup collection . It's been living in my purse ever since I got it and I don't think its left my side since then. The shade is really versatile and I am even looking forward to rocking the shade over the top of my lipsticks over winter break when I'm back in Hong Kong.

Full review up on our blog!

Recommended for Medium Skin