October 31, 2014 | 863 users online

Lip Gloss - BeneFit Cosmetics - Ultra Plush Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I got the Ultra Plush lip gloss in Coralista, and was pleasantly surprised with this. I agree with the previous reviewers that the lipgloss is sheer and only adds a hint of colour which makes your natural lip colour look "a little better than it is". However, this has quickly become one of my favourite lip glosses. I'll tell you why.

Firstly, unlike most lip gloss out there, this one is NOT sticky. It doesn't feel like you're slathering honey onto your skin, which is something I tend to avoid while shopping for lip gloss. As it runs true to its name, it does feel "plush" on the lips provide just a hint of colour and gloss at the same time.

Secondly, I love the fact that it does not dry out my lip. Strangely, this feels more like a lip balm... it light-weight formula kept my lips moisturised throughout the day. However, I must warn that frequent re-application is required as the product somehow 'disappears' after a couple of hours.

All in all, if you're looking for comfortable lip gloss that provides just a hint of colour for everyday use, then you would love this product. If high colour pigmentation and high shine top your list, then you would be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I have a travel size of Dandelion. In the tube, it's a peachy pink with very fine sparkles. On the lips, it's an extremely sheer pink that's barely noticeable. This is yet another failed attempt of mine at finding a light, peachy pink gloss that actually shows up on the lips.

I do like the sweet scent of this gloss, which is so unique, and unlike any other gloss scent. Also, this gloss is not too shiny or sticky, thank goodness. If this product wasn't so pricey, I'd repurchase, but it just isn't noteworthy enough for me to want it in the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by QuirkBiscuits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a small size of this in Dandelion, and I really like it. I'm wary of light lip colours as I'm very pale and they often just make me look ill, but this is the perfect shade of light, natural pink that's looks healthy and pretty.

The look you get is very natural, it's not strongly pigmented, and not too glossy. It isn't sticky or too thick. It has a nice peach flavour. It didn't last very long on me but when it faded off it didn't leave me with overly dry lips which is nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Dandelion. It is a peachy pastel pink with subtle micro glitter. Very pretty indeed but it has no colour payoff on the lips at all. In fairness I would not choose this colour for myself, and I received the gloss as a free gift in a magazine.

So if we disregard the colour issue, there are still things about this gloss that I enjoy. It has a flattering gloss finish which is not too high shine and works well over lipstick. It is very comfortable, and unlike other reviewers I have found it quite long lasting and almost moisturising, with a pleasant light texture on the lips. There is nothing goopy about this stuff, you apply and forget about it. Best of all, it is the least sticky gloss I have ever tried, which earns it immediate brownie points.

Of course there has to be a downside, and for me that is the fragrance. It has a peculiar sickly sweet marzipan like scent, and while it isn't bothering me too much right now I would be driven nuts by it if I wore the gloss regularly. I really can't wear something that has a smell or flavour that I have doubts about and I wonder why manufacturers add these when they must be such a deal breaker for many.

So really, I don't think I'll be buying any of these glosses, even if they had a spot-on colour for me in the range. It's expensive, and while that wouldn't put me off on it's own, I don't want to buy something that might make me feel nauseous because of its fragrance a month down the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by xsamanthaashley

I have always been a little skeptical about lip glosses and had the impression that they were extremely sticky and that the colour payoff wouldn't be as good as a lipstick or a lip pencil. The texture is not sticky and extremely moisturizing, the colour payoff is light but decent for a lip gloss. For all of you lovely lip junkie's out there , this might just be another one to add to your collection!

All in all, I do really like it and it's probably one of the best lip glosses I have within my makeup collection . It's been living in my purse ever since I got it and I don't think its left my side since then. The shade is really versatile and I am even looking forward to rocking the shade over the top of my lipsticks over winter break when I'm back in Hong Kong.

Full review up on our blog!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I don't disagree with the other reviewers. I have a full size of sugar bomb and a try it size of Dandelion. They are glosses not long wearing semi transparent. I do not mind the smell of the two I have. I do like the more transparent glosses to use over dryer lipsticks when I want some shine or when I want a less heavyer lipstick look. These two do give me that look in a tube.

I know there are cheapeer glosses out there, however as a whole the cheaper formulas for me have been more sticky or I hate the smell/taste. These two will be a lux purchase for me but I don 't use the tubes up fast enough that I'll break the bank making continuous purchases.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's not a bad lip gloss, but it certainly isn't the best. The colour (Coralista) is very, very pretty, it feels nice on the lips, is quite moisturising, goes on smooth and looks great. Not too over the top, it's quite sheer but, I like that. However, it doesn't last very long, and that what I look for in a gloss or lipstick, I don't want to be reapplying it every 10 minutes. It's lovely, no doubt, the packaging is so cute (as with most of Benefit's packaging), but, it doesn't last. As for the smell/taste... It's pretty nasty actually, kinda sickly... Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyismyfavy

I can't believe there are so many negative reviews on this fabulous lipgloss!.. I've tried millions of high end lipglosses out there (chanel, ysl, you name it) and this is by far one of the best... the texture, scent, shine.. what can I say, it's amazing. But the only downfall is that it doesn't last that long so I took one lippie off for that. I noticed that you could use this as a lipbalm too.. I've been using this as a lipbalm as I have ultra sensitive lips and no lip balm has been working for me and this really moisturizes your lips..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by magcue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Received three mini-containers of this as part of a set. (Dandelion, Coralista, and Sugarbomb). The packaging is very cute, unfortunately, nothing else about this product is. The colors are very sheer and don't last long. The worst part of these are the smell. I don't know what scent it's supposed to be (all three lipglosses smell the same) but I can't stand it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I wasn't sure how I felt about this for awhile, but here's my take. This lip gloss is only worth buying in ONE shade, IF you can stand the smell (I can't) and it doesn't really matter which, if you ever do "no makeup makeup." They all show up vaguely the same. As others have noted, the lasting power is terrible. Maybe an hour if you are good. It gives that perfect naked/nude sheen you see in magazines when they show a "no makeup" look. Very lovely sheen, with JUST the right amount of shimmer/glow. It's actually very pretty. The smell is pretty bad. You know buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys? Smells JUST like that. The reason these are worth buying, the texture of these is unlike any lip gloss I've ever tried. It's like I literally spread butter on my lips, in a good way. It's kind of hard to describe, like after you eat a salad only thicker.

This would be a repurchase for me, BUT the smell is just nauseating. I really can't handle it.