April 16, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lip Gloss - BeneFit Cosmetics - Ultra Plush Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyismyfavy

I can't believe there are so many negative reviews on this fabulous lipgloss!.. I've tried millions of high end lipglosses out there (chanel, ysl, you name it) and this is by far one of the best... the texture, scent, shine.. what can I say, it's amazing. But the only downfall is that it doesn't last that long so I took one lippie off for that. I noticed that you could use this as a lipbalm too.. I've been using this as a lipbalm as I have ultra sensitive lips and no lip balm has been working for me and this really moisturizes your lips..

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by magcue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Received three mini-containers of this as part of a set. (Dandelion, Coralista, and Sugarbomb). The packaging is very cute, unfortunately, nothing else about this product is. The colors are very sheer and don't last long. The worst part of these are the smell. I don't know what scent it's supposed to be (all three lipglosses smell the same) but I can't stand it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I wasn't sure how I felt about this for awhile, but here's my take. This lip gloss is only worth buying in ONE shade, IF you can stand the smell (I can't) and it doesn't really matter which, if you ever do "no makeup makeup." They all show up vaguely the same. As others have noted, the lasting power is terrible. Maybe an hour if you are good. It gives that perfect naked/nude sheen you see in magazines when they show a "no makeup" look. Very lovely sheen, with JUST the right amount of shimmer/glow. It's actually very pretty. The smell is pretty bad. You know buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys? Smells JUST like that. The reason these are worth buying, the texture of these is unlike any lip gloss I've ever tried. It's like I literally spread butter on my lips, in a good way. It's kind of hard to describe, like after you eat a salad only thicker.

This would be a repurchase for me, BUT the smell is just nauseating. I really can't handle it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I got the dandelion from a kit I purchased. Really nice, not sticky, fine color. I wouldn't buy it for its full price though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Sarah7777777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are good because they match the blushers Benefit sell. They are made to be non sticky which is true they don't stick or create that gross string when you open your mouth to speak. As with most glosses they last a little while but wear off especially with food and drink. Cute colours. Childish packaging in my opinion. Decent price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I have this in both Dandelion and Coralista. They came free with sets I purchased. Hate to say this because I am fond of benefit as a whole but I really dislike these glosses. They dry my lips out horribly and don't last very long on my lips. I have dry lips but I can keep them in check if I don't use anything super drying on them and use my jack black lip balm once or twice a week but this wrecks my lips and drys them out after just one day of use to the point they feel like they may crack. So sad because they have a pleasant fruity scent and feel nice when applied. The colors are good too and they aren't sticky. If you don't have dry lips and they last longer on you I would suggest Coralista. Coralista is a sheer coral color. I love the color of the ultra plush Coralista gloss so much I may keep it around just to find a dupe that lasts longer and doesn't dry my lips out. Dandelion was just a basic sheer light pink color that I have many dupes for already but still decent color if you like the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by nissypikachu

I first tried out the Coralista lip gloss in the store and immediately I knew I wanted it. I would consider the price as ridiculous but this was given to me as a birthday gift from a family member. This lip gloss is very unique in texture; it's not sticky AT ALL, really moisturizes your lips and leaves them feeling like plush, and I love the hint of coral color it produces. You can layer it for more color intensity but it is sheer, you won't get an opaque coral color from this. It makes your lips look soft and attractive, and I love it. I wish the gloss stayed on longer but it does not leave a tacky residue which I am impressed by.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with the somewhat negative reviews of this gloss. It's not that there's anything that bad about it. It's just that I paid $16.00 for this at Ulta. I don't feel it was worth it for the price. I have the Bella Bamba blush and thought it would be nice to have the gloss to match. Was expecting something more for the money. This gloss has a thinner consistency and is not at all sticky. So if that is the kind of gloss you prefer, you might like this. Not much color Payoff and you can get a beautiful Revlon gloss for half the price. I would say skip this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't normally use BeneFit's makeup anymore but used to be a loyal user of their Dandelion blush, so when I recieved a mini of this lip gloss in Dandelion as a swap extra I figured it was worth a try.

In the tube, this gloss looks like a lightly shimmery version of its' blush counterpart. Unfortunately, on the lips it's just shiny and nearly clear. I have relatively pigmented lips so this may be a nice pale pink for those with next to no pigmentation. Then again, a swatch on my hand didn't have much color payoff either.

Upon opening it smells... fruity? Really, strongly, fake-fruity. Strong enough those around me commented on the uncharacteristically sweet smell I was wearing. I don't hate it, but I wouldn't consciously choose to smell this way and I think the strngth of the fragrance is a bit much for a lip product.

The worst thing about this lip gloss is the staying power. There isn't any. If I rub my lips together at all it soaks right in like a lip balm and needs to be reapplied.

I suppose the best I can say is: It's not sticky or drying and feels really nice on my lips. I'll be able to use it up as a clear gloss/balm for that reason but would certainly never purchase this. There are drugstore items for a fraction of the price that perform better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by MaryMarvel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Coralista in small size which came with my Tropicoral set. The taste is okay, while I am not a fan of fruit flavours in lip products, being over-sensitive to scents/tastes in general. The colour is a bit tricky. It gives a light coral look to your lips first applied, which is sweet. But that quickly fades in minutes to completely clear, along with the rest of the gloss. I like the feel of this gloss, but it really vanishes so very easily. I would never ever spend this much of money for a full size either. It's not too special gloss anyway.