October 25, 2014 | 1466 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Jojoba Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Iampo0kie

Overall, this foundation is really great. The best part is the finish. Completely natural and blends in with skin perfectly. If you have problems with mineral makeup looking mask like or cakey, try this!!! Doesn't get cakey unless you use more than 2 layers, and it doesn't cling to dry skin. The bad part is the coverage and color selection. It is described as a medium coverage foundation, but if you have redness it is very difficult to cover. Forget about blemishes, the powder doesn't even stick. I find I get the best results with two heavy layers buffed with the flat top brush. But this uses a lot of product. The color selection is kind of strange. The colors look super pale in the jar but go on kind of dark. I haven't had problems with oxidation but beware! Everyone should go a shade lighter. I was lucky enough to find a match with sand, my perfect match was winged butter. I think it is necessary to set this foundation because it has jojoba and the finish isn't smooth to the touch. I set with cover fx matte setting powder. The EM finishing powder works too, but it's not so fine and can make it look cakier.

EDIT: for oily skinned gals, use Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray with this. Makes it last for hours! No oil breaking through :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a number of Everyday Minerals foundations and face powders and loved the way most of them applied and looked, but discovered that the lauroyl lysine in them was breaking me out. When they came out with this Jojoba Base, free of lauroyl lysine, I just had to try it.
Colors: Not a wide enough selection for my needs. Beware the online descriptions and get samples first! I bought the full size in Natural, described as the second lightest cool-toned shade as well as a number of samples. The natural was far to dark for me. It looked like I had applied a very light bronzer all over my face. I switched to using the sample of Alabaster, which was a better match. Upon application, Alabaster looked like a decent match, perhaps more neutral than cool, but that works for me. As it oxidized during the day it warmed up a bit too much - not orange like some mineral foundation, but just a bit warmer so it no longer looked natural on me.
Coverage: Can be layered for light-full coverage but uses a lot of product. I generally prefer light-moderate coverage and found I had to spend twice the time and product to get the same coverage as I do with other mineral foundations. If I had a good color match, I wouldn't really mind this too much as it's also half the price of most other mineral foundations.
Other stuff: Used my Alabaster sample for a week and it did not seem to clog my pores or break me out. Applied best with a flat top foundation brush, good as a finishing powder with a foundation or powder brush.
Overall: I indicated "Yes" I'd buy it again, but I likely won't - unless they come out with some more colors to try and I will get SAMPLES FIRST if this happens. A nice product, if they've got a shade for you, but I've gone back to Alima (neutral 1) as it matches my skin better and I don't have to use as much/spend as much time applying to get the coverage and finish I want.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by etain_anders

After they discontinued the Intensive line (at this point, I just assume EM will discontinue every product I like within a year), I tried samples of this. I have to admit, I loved the way it felt. It went on silky smooth, and while it did nothing for oil control, I'm used to that with all foundations. Still, while I liked the way this felt, none of the shades were really a match for me. I'm neutral/warm, but *very* light, and all the shades were too dark or pink.

Sorry, EM, I've moved on to Alima. Keep jerking your customers around, and I won't be the last.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by sofinthesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm very pale and have rosacea and very sensitive skin, I bought the shade cream, which is the lightest neutral shade, it looks a bit dark in the container and when just applied, but after a while it sets and it's the perfect shade.
I really like how it feels and it's invisible on the skin, I never though a powder foundation could give me an almost dewy look, but this does, it may be the jojoba oils.
I will repurchase in shade alabaster (lightest cool) just to see if the colour matches me better than cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just as good as Bare Minerals, if not a little better. It's also much cheaper ($14.99 EM v.s. $27.99 BM). This is hands-down my favorite mineral foundation. I got this in Alabaster and it blends perfectly without being cakey. It leaves my skin feeling SO SOFT! I really like this foundation, and will definitely buy it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by jmarshtomp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Asian, and I use a mix of sand and honey.
Might I say that I am a foundation novice, but I had really wanted something that looked like I wasn't wearing makeup and I didn't like the feel of liquid foundation. Other powder and mineral foundations look powdery and highlight my peach fuzz when you get close to my face, but not this one! I had had to wait a few minutes, but it really did melt into my skin. My friend couldn't tell I had foundation on until I told her.
A CAVEAT: This does NOT give you 100% perfect skin. It's is NOT something you want for a wedding or prom. What it does do is make you look like a really good skin day. As my friend eloquently put it, "It looks like [my] skin, but better." My skin's not bad -- I don't have any acne and it's surface is really smooth. I do have some light freckles and some light redness/uneveness and a few spots of hyper-pigmentation. Though base erased my freckles and got rid of my uneveness, my hyper-pigmentation spots where still there, albeit lighter and a bit less noticeable. Still, I think the trade off is great, as having something that doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup is really important to me. I might just buy a nice concealer later.
One other thing that I'm noticed: When the air is really dry and I get really warm, my cheeks tend to get blotchy and really red. This foundation didn't prevent this, but what it did do was it made the redness a little lighter and more even, so it looked like I was just wearing some really nice, creamy blush (it actually looked good).
Might I say to anyone on the fence to just try it -- notice that most of the poor reviews are from people saying the foundation is too dark, not about the actual performance of the thing. Overall, I am very pleased - it won't give you that 100% flawless, airbrushed quality, but it looks so incredibly natural and makes my skin look really nice.

One more thing, using honey beige on its own makes for a really natural, subtle bronzer.

Also, I find that using a primer just makes my skin look flakey. Using this alone was best for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Selene2013

Hopefully they will come out with lighter colours. All colors too dark for caucasian skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by eelizabethd

Skin Type: Normal-Combination, occasional breakouts, not acne-prone
Skin Tone: Light to medium with golden/olive undertones Ethnicity: Asian
Age: 22

I've been using Everyday Minerals foundation for about 6 years now. After trying their samples, I decided to go with the semi-matte base...until recently.

Jojoba base colors:
I recommend ordering samples for the jojoba base colors since they are not the same names from their other bases. In fact, they do appear much lighter on the screen than they do in person. For reference, I normally wear 'Golden Medium' in the semi-matte base. The color that was the perfect match for me was 'Sand' in the jojoba base.

Formula:
Rich, soft, and buttery...this foundation really melted into my skin and offered a lovely silky smooth finish. It lasted all day for me during a cool temperature day (in California). I would say that this is a light to medium coverage foundation that would be great for those who don't have many problem areas on their skin and just need minimal coverage to even out their skin tone. In addition, this foundation did not cake on my skin, even though I dusted it lightly under my eyes to set my concealer :)

How I used it:
I actually used this more as a setting powder over my skin that had BB Cream + mineral concealer (lightly dusted over my cheeks in the area by my nose to conceal some redness). It seemed like it helped my bronzer and blush application go on more smoothly as well.

Verdict:
I went ahead and ordered the full sized jars of the jojoba base since I fell in love with the sample size. I would definitely repurchase this product if I ever ran out. This is probably going to be my new favorite mineral foundation staple.

I will be uploading a picture of the swatches from the samples I received. So please check it out above :)

I hope this review helped!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Llehshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I've been experimenting with my samples and I found that the Vanilla and Sesame mixed together look best on me. I wish they had the same color selection as the semi-matte. Also the coverage could be better. I might try Bare Minerals.

This is my favorite EDM base.It feels good on, has a nice look to it and doesn't break me out. I ordered it in nude and I have almost finished the container. I'll order again but not in this color. It was way more orangy than I expected and although it looked alright upon application, after a few minutes it oxidized and made me look way darker, orangish and not very natural. I have to apply it sparingly to get an okay look and then there's not much coverage. I ordered some samples today.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review based on a few samples I received a couple weeks ago. Let me just begin this review with....LOVE it. It's a great product.
Me: Long time acne --- I'm 26 now but have battled acne since I was about 13. This includes multiple rounds of Accutane. I've luckily worked most breakouts out of my system, and only succumb to bad bouts during my TOTM. I'd classify my skin type as "combo". I don't like heavy-feeling products, and I was actually afraid to try this given the "jojoba" namesake. I was disenchanted with my other go-to foundations though. Revlon CS Whipped began breaking me out, and my otherwise loved Palladio Wet/Dry suddenly appeared mismatched to my skin --- I looked PINK in natural lighting. I busted out the samples -- Vanilla, I'm about a N20. And we have a match.
I like how this stuff becomes one with my face -- it doesn't look like I have any product on -- let alone that dusty powdery appearance. It applies so easily with my Sigma round-top kabuki. The finish is satiny and dewy. I'm hooked. I'll be pulling the trigger soon on a FS, and I can't wait to make this my go-to product.

EDIT: this stuff isn't longwearing enough, and I do not like the way I look midday. When I blot, the product disappears from my face. :(