July 28, 2014 | 2063 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Jojoba Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just as good as Bare Minerals, if not a little better. It's also much cheaper ($14.99 EM v.s. $27.99 BM). This is hands-down my favorite mineral foundation. I got this in Alabaster and it blends perfectly without being cakey. It leaves my skin feeling SO SOFT! I really like this foundation, and will definitely buy it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by jmarshtomp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Asian, and I use a mix of sand and honey.
Might I say that I am a foundation novice, but I had really wanted something that looked like I wasn't wearing makeup and I didn't like the feel of liquid foundation. Other powder and mineral foundations look powdery and highlight my peach fuzz when you get close to my face, but not this one! I had had to wait a few minutes, but it really did melt into my skin. My friend couldn't tell I had foundation on until I told her.
A CAVEAT: This does NOT give you 100% perfect skin. It's is NOT something you want for a wedding or prom. What it does do is make you look like a really good skin day. As my friend eloquently put it, "It looks like [my] skin, but better." My skin's not bad -- I don't have any acne and it's surface is really smooth. I do have some light freckles and some light redness/uneveness and a few spots of hyper-pigmentation. Though base erased my freckles and got rid of my uneveness, my hyper-pigmentation spots where still there, albeit lighter and a bit less noticeable. Still, I think the trade off is great, as having something that doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup is really important to me. I might just buy a nice concealer later.
One other thing that I'm noticed: When the air is really dry and I get really warm, my cheeks tend to get blotchy and really red. This foundation didn't prevent this, but what it did do was it made the redness a little lighter and more even, so it looked like I was just wearing some really nice, creamy blush (it actually looked good).
Might I say to anyone on the fence to just try it -- notice that most of the poor reviews are from people saying the foundation is too dark, not about the actual performance of the thing. Overall, I am very pleased - it won't give you that 100% flawless, airbrushed quality, but it looks so incredibly natural and makes my skin look really nice.

One more thing, using honey beige on its own makes for a really natural, subtle bronzer.

Also, I find that using a primer just makes my skin look flakey. Using this alone was best for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Selene2013

Hopefully they will come out with lighter colours. All colors too dark for caucasian skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by eelizabethd

Skin Type: Normal-Combination, occasional breakouts, not acne-prone
Skin Tone: Light to medium with golden/olive undertones Ethnicity: Asian
Age: 22

I've been using Everyday Minerals foundation for about 6 years now. After trying their samples, I decided to go with the semi-matte base...until recently.

Jojoba base colors:
I recommend ordering samples for the jojoba base colors since they are not the same names from their other bases. In fact, they do appear much lighter on the screen than they do in person. For reference, I normally wear 'Golden Medium' in the semi-matte base. The color that was the perfect match for me was 'Sand' in the jojoba base.

Formula:
Rich, soft, and buttery...this foundation really melted into my skin and offered a lovely silky smooth finish. It lasted all day for me during a cool temperature day (in California). I would say that this is a light to medium coverage foundation that would be great for those who don't have many problem areas on their skin and just need minimal coverage to even out their skin tone. In addition, this foundation did not cake on my skin, even though I dusted it lightly under my eyes to set my concealer :)

How I used it:
I actually used this more as a setting powder over my skin that had BB Cream + mineral concealer (lightly dusted over my cheeks in the area by my nose to conceal some redness). It seemed like it helped my bronzer and blush application go on more smoothly as well.

Verdict:
I went ahead and ordered the full sized jars of the jojoba base since I fell in love with the sample size. I would definitely repurchase this product if I ever ran out. This is probably going to be my new favorite mineral foundation staple.

I will be uploading a picture of the swatches from the samples I received. So please check it out above :)

I hope this review helped!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Llehshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I've been experimenting with my samples and I found that the Vanilla and Sesame mixed together look best on me. I wish they had the same color selection as the semi-matte. Also the coverage could be better. I might try Bare Minerals.

This is my favorite EDM base.It feels good on, has a nice look to it and doesn't break me out. I ordered it in nude and I have almost finished the container. I'll order again but not in this color. It was way more orangy than I expected and although it looked alright upon application, after a few minutes it oxidized and made me look way darker, orangish and not very natural. I have to apply it sparingly to get an okay look and then there's not much coverage. I ordered some samples today.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review based on a few samples I received a couple weeks ago. Let me just begin this review with....LOVE it. It's a great product.
Me: Long time acne --- I'm 26 now but have battled acne since I was about 13. This includes multiple rounds of Accutane. I've luckily worked most breakouts out of my system, and only succumb to bad bouts during my TOTM. I'd classify my skin type as "combo". I don't like heavy-feeling products, and I was actually afraid to try this given the "jojoba" namesake. I was disenchanted with my other go-to foundations though. Revlon CS Whipped began breaking me out, and my otherwise loved Palladio Wet/Dry suddenly appeared mismatched to my skin --- I looked PINK in natural lighting. I busted out the samples -- Vanilla, I'm about a N20. And we have a match.
I like how this stuff becomes one with my face -- it doesn't look like I have any product on -- let alone that dusty powdery appearance. It applies so easily with my Sigma round-top kabuki. The finish is satiny and dewy. I'm hooked. I'll be pulling the trigger soon on a FS, and I can't wait to make this my go-to product.

EDIT: this stuff isn't longwearing enough, and I do not like the way I look midday. When I blot, the product disappears from my face. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

No, no, no..... Nothing for my skin...

My skin problems; acne-prone, enlarged pores, oily on the surface, uneven skintone cause of hyperpigmentation and old acne scars.

I've relied on EDM for many years, and have used the matte foundation formula everyday since they started their company... I love their concealers and the matte foundation really has a wide range of shades. BUT this new jojoba base was really not even close to quality; I'm a NC15/NW15 and usually wear the shades Fairly light neutral/ Linen/ Sunkissed fair and Fairly Light in the EDM matte foundation. The closest to these quite light neutral shades were the Alabaster and Cream in the Jojoba range.

But no, no, no.... This "oxidized" in some strange way after only 1-2 hours!! And I was wearing Alabaster, the lightest shade!! Still I had dark patches all over my face on the side where I wore this (I usually try it on one side first to be able to compare).

This also did nothing to my enlarged pores, which is one of my main problems!! And it had no mattifying effect whatsoever!!

It didn't had that extremely pigmented coverage as the old intensive base had either.

This also contains extremely small sparkling particles, that I don't like. My skin is so oily, that I don't need sparkle in my foundation I think....

So no more of this foundation! Even if I never fell in love with the Alima foundation, that one looks much better than this.... (Cause this is not full coverage either).

I guess this is good for normal or dry skintypes, that really need shine and very little coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by seahorsecaptain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using EM for a few years now. I was already a fan of their products, as I have very sensitive skin, and most products either break me out, whether with acne or some sort of dry red rash. I tried a sample of the Jojoba Base and was an instant convert. It has a more dewy appearance that the regular base and seems less drying.
My only issues with the product is the limited variety of colors, and I wish it had just a bit more coverage. It gives my face a nice brightness, and it covers light marks and redness, but deep acne scars and pimples are always still visible. This was the case with the original base as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lisawe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely product!
Was using EDM Matte base, and liked it. But for some reason I wanted to try this one, and I really love it! It does not give full coverage, but evens out my natural skin tone nicely.
The available colors are quite dark: In Matte I was using Medium Fair and in this I use Alabaster. It's a really good idea to order samples before buying a full product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Libling

I don't know what to say about this product...I like the shades. Bare suits me fine, I used Fairly Light Neutral from Intensive. I really like how it solves into my skin, doesn't emphasize pores or flakes (I'm on retin-a). But - it doesn't seem to have any coverage at all...I just put some on my brush, and apply, and then a I put on some more...and again...still, it looks like I have nothing on. I will use it up in 2-3 weeks or so...It is just like having a BB cream on the face instead of makeup. Oh, I badly need something instead of the discontinued Intensive!!!