April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Jojoba Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Selene2013

Hopefully they will come out with lighter colours. All colors too dark for caucasian skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by eelizabethd

Skin Type: Normal-Combination, occasional breakouts, not acne-prone
Skin Tone: Light to medium with golden/olive undertones Ethnicity: Asian
Age: 22

I've been using Everyday Minerals foundation for about 6 years now. After trying their samples, I decided to go with the semi-matte base...until recently.

Jojoba base colors:
I recommend ordering samples for the jojoba base colors since they are not the same names from their other bases. In fact, they do appear much lighter on the screen than they do in person. For reference, I normally wear 'Golden Medium' in the semi-matte base. The color that was the perfect match for me was 'Sand' in the jojoba base.

Formula:
Rich, soft, and buttery...this foundation really melted into my skin and offered a lovely silky smooth finish. It lasted all day for me during a cool temperature day (in California). I would say that this is a light to medium coverage foundation that would be great for those who don't have many problem areas on their skin and just need minimal coverage to even out their skin tone. In addition, this foundation did not cake on my skin, even though I dusted it lightly under my eyes to set my concealer :)

How I used it:
I actually used this more as a setting powder over my skin that had BB Cream + mineral concealer (lightly dusted over my cheeks in the area by my nose to conceal some redness). It seemed like it helped my bronzer and blush application go on more smoothly as well.

Verdict:
I went ahead and ordered the full sized jars of the jojoba base since I fell in love with the sample size. I would definitely repurchase this product if I ever ran out. This is probably going to be my new favorite mineral foundation staple.

I will be uploading a picture of the swatches from the samples I received. So please check it out above :)

I hope this review helped!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Llehshar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I've been experimenting with my samples and I found that the Vanilla and Sesame mixed together look best on me. I wish they had the same color selection as the semi-matte. Also the coverage could be better. I might try Bare Minerals.

This is my favorite EDM base.It feels good on, has a nice look to it and doesn't break me out. I ordered it in nude and I have almost finished the container. I'll order again but not in this color. It was way more orangy than I expected and although it looked alright upon application, after a few minutes it oxidized and made me look way darker, orangish and not very natural. I have to apply it sparingly to get an okay look and then there's not much coverage. I ordered some samples today.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm writing this review based on a few samples I received a couple weeks ago. Let me just begin this review with....LOVE it. It's a great product.
Me: Long time acne --- I'm 26 now but have battled acne since I was about 13. This includes multiple rounds of Accutane. I've luckily worked most breakouts out of my system, and only succumb to bad bouts during my TOTM. I'd classify my skin type as "combo". I don't like heavy-feeling products, and I was actually afraid to try this given the "jojoba" namesake. I was disenchanted with my other go-to foundations though. Revlon CS Whipped began breaking me out, and my otherwise loved Palladio Wet/Dry suddenly appeared mismatched to my skin --- I looked PINK in natural lighting. I busted out the samples -- Vanilla, I'm about a N20. And we have a match.
I like how this stuff becomes one with my face -- it doesn't look like I have any product on -- let alone that dusty powdery appearance. It applies so easily with my Sigma round-top kabuki. The finish is satiny and dewy. I'm hooked. I'll be pulling the trigger soon on a FS, and I can't wait to make this my go-to product.

EDIT: this stuff isn't longwearing enough, and I do not like the way I look midday. When I blot, the product disappears from my face. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

No, no, no..... Nothing for my skin...

My skin problems; acne-prone, enlarged pores, oily on the surface, uneven skintone cause of hyperpigmentation and old acne scars.

I've relied on EDM for many years, and have used the matte foundation formula everyday since they started their company... I love their concealers and the matte foundation really has a wide range of shades. BUT this new jojoba base was really not even close to quality; I'm a NC15/NW15 and usually wear the shades Fairly light neutral/ Linen/ Sunkissed fair and Fairly Light in the EDM matte foundation. The closest to these quite light neutral shades were the Alabaster and Cream in the Jojoba range.

But no, no, no.... This "oxidized" in some strange way after only 1-2 hours!! And I was wearing Alabaster, the lightest shade!! Still I had dark patches all over my face on the side where I wore this (I usually try it on one side first to be able to compare).

This also did nothing to my enlarged pores, which is one of my main problems!! And it had no mattifying effect whatsoever!!

It didn't had that extremely pigmented coverage as the old intensive base had either.

This also contains extremely small sparkling particles, that I don't like. My skin is so oily, that I don't need sparkle in my foundation I think....

So no more of this foundation! Even if I never fell in love with the Alima foundation, that one looks much better than this.... (Cause this is not full coverage either).

I guess this is good for normal or dry skintypes, that really need shine and very little coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by seahorsecaptain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using EM for a few years now. I was already a fan of their products, as I have very sensitive skin, and most products either break me out, whether with acne or some sort of dry red rash. I tried a sample of the Jojoba Base and was an instant convert. It has a more dewy appearance that the regular base and seems less drying.
My only issues with the product is the limited variety of colors, and I wish it had just a bit more coverage. It gives my face a nice brightness, and it covers light marks and redness, but deep acne scars and pimples are always still visible. This was the case with the original base as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lisawe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely product!
Was using EDM Matte base, and liked it. But for some reason I wanted to try this one, and I really love it! It does not give full coverage, but evens out my natural skin tone nicely.
The available colors are quite dark: In Matte I was using Medium Fair and in this I use Alabaster. It's a really good idea to order samples before buying a full product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Libling

I don't know what to say about this product...I like the shades. Bare suits me fine, I used Fairly Light Neutral from Intensive. I really like how it solves into my skin, doesn't emphasize pores or flakes (I'm on retin-a). But - it doesn't seem to have any coverage at all...I just put some on my brush, and apply, and then a I put on some more...and again...still, it looks like I have nothing on. I will use it up in 2-3 weeks or so...It is just like having a BB cream on the face instead of makeup. Oh, I badly need something instead of the discontinued Intensive!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kath6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am extremely happy about this product! I was trying not expect too much from this product because i read so many positive reviews but i was pleasantly surprised. I got the cream colour and it matched my skintone perfectly and it didn't even look like i was wearing any makeup at all (which never happens because of my extremely dry and sensitive skin) and it still looked great after wearing it for the entire day. The coverage is very good, it hides most/all my imperfections and blemishes. I usually wear asian BB creams but they would always highlight my dry skin but this mineral makeup doesn't!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin type: Sensitive combination, starting to show signs of aging like fine lines, loss of elasticity.
My concerns: Fine lines, large pores, broken capillaries, uneven texture
My skintone: Neutral, but on the warm side. NC20-NC25, Light Medium in Intensive, Shell Beige in Lucy Minerals

I've always been a big fan of Everyday Minerals. Before this, I was using their Intensive line in Light Medium, but of course, that's discontinued, and found out that two new bases have been rolled out: IT base and Jojoba base. Due to IT base's bad reviews, I opted for jojoba's samples instead. Many other reviewers are right: you need to buy samples. Where in the past I would select the second lightest neutral color and have it match, this time, it didn't. I thought I would be under Neutral undertones, but instead, the Warm undertones suited me best. I ended up getting Shell Blanc, and it matches me perfectly.

The texture is a lot finer than Intensive. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels CREAMY. It's so lovely to use and I look forward to use it every day. My pores are blurred (yes!) and with careful build-up, my broken capillaries can be semi-covered. I would say its coverage is light to medium. Nothing like Lucy Minerals' amazing coverage, but it's a whole lot easier to use than Lucy's. I find that I do have to use a bit more than I was used to with Intensive formula. Hmm....

But the most amazing thing about this Jojoba formula is that I actually look younger. Yes, seriously. It must be the teeny-tiny light reflecting particles I could see on a close-up... it's not glittery, but it's definitely there, like a shimmer. Fine stuff. Because of this, I'm happy to have switched to this and is more than glad to slap a HG label on it. :) Definitely recommend it!