Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Buffing Brush

4.6

on 11/22/2014 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a total convert. I used to only apply my foundation with my fingers or a beauty blender but once when I was feeling $pendy I ordered the starter kit which included this buffing brush and... oh my god. It makes anything look good. I have this freebie BB cream I got that was too light and cakey on my skin.. but once I used this brush to apply it, it blended into my skin wonderfully. I even used it with my Tom Ford Traceless Foundation - I never used to have much success with it because it was so sheer, I would apply too much or it left me looking washed out. When I used that foundation with this brush, it made my skin look so smooth, I could definitely tell the difference but it was so subtle to others, only obvious to me. This brush brings out the best of all your products, hands down! It's also so soft, and dense and basically what dreams are made of.

on 11/17/2014 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

honestly... the rave reviews are true. this stuff is the shit. it is SO good at blending out your foundation flawlessly. i'm not a brush expert, i have tried a few different ways of applying foundation, and this is might be favorite way to apply it. i ordered the sigma f80 kabuki thinking it would become my holy grail... it was good, yeah. but a few days later i bought a RT set and used this for fun (i had been using it for blush-it does a great job with that too imo) and was blown away by how good it made my skin look! sigma imo made my skin look a liiiittle streaky while this just made my skin look like an angel's butt.

i'll still switch between this and sigma because i don't want to feel like i lost my money on sigma lol, but this is my def. go to when i NEED to look amazing. it's affordable too so i highly highly highly recommend this to any beginners who are like 'omg i need an expensive brush' (like i was thinking)... no... you do not. buy this. in fact. buy all the RT brushes. that's all you'll need.

on 11/8/2014 11:19:00 AM

Amazing brush, gives a flawless complexion and does not make foundation look cakey or thick, blends in so well. Such an amazing product at such a great price, my favourite make-up brushes. I bought mine off iHerb. i got Sam's Pick, 6 brushes for $30, so pretty much $5 per brush

on 11/8/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely LOVE this brush, use it to apply my foundation and occasionally my contour!
The brush feels so so soft on your skin and spreads foundation across the skin flawlessly, my skin looks way better using this brush than any others i have tried so far, foundation seems to slide on seamlessly with this if used in small circular motions.
I find that the bristles do not irritate my skin either as they are so soft, a win-win!

on 11/3/2014 6:40:00 AM

Best brush from Real Techniques, in my personal opinion!

Over the years my preferences on foundation and makeup tools have changed. First I had acne to cover, and prefer a medium to full coverage, so I would reach to more thick foundations and dense brushes. That's when I bought The Expert Face Brush. I had also a flat top kabuki brush, and back then I really liked them. Especially the Expert Face Brush (which by the way I still recommend) that blended my foundation so beautifully and with a perfect finish.

Over time I went through an acne treatment (with accutane), but even before that, I started to prefer a more natural look and finish. That's when I started to experiment with makeup sponges: beautiful effortless finish!! Amazing!! But then again, they're more difficult to clean and sanitize properly.

When I started accutane, I was not able to use brushes because they accentuate my dry patches so much, and I'm too lazy to use makeup sponges, so I started to use my hands... Until this buffing brush caught my eye. I had to get it! It seemed so soft and not-so-dense that it wouldn't be a problem on my dry sensitive skin. I bought the core collection through iherb.com for less than 14euros...such a bargain!

It was love at first use! It buffs my liquid foundation so easily and the product just blends with your skin, it makes foundation almost look like second skin. Perfect finish, no streaks, and the coverage is amazing: so even and flawless, It's an huge difference compared to using my hands. I also notice that my foundation wears longer when I use this brush. It takes very minimal time to blend my foundation, huge plus!! With the expert face brush, I had to take time to really blend the foundation.

This brush is very soft, easy to clean and it dries very fast, which is very convenient. It also works perfect with powder products. It doesn't scratch my dry sensitive skin, and doesn't emphasize dry patches! Exactly what I was looking for.

It's a great alternative for those who want a great versatile affordable fool proof brush to use with powders and liquids, and find that the expert face brush or flat top kabukis tend to be denser for your preference. I think it's really worth to pay for the core collection just because of this brush, although I would like to see this selling separately when I eventually need a replacement. I mus say that I sold my kabuki brush and my expert face brush, because I no longer reached for those, as they can leave an heavy look, which I no longer want.

on 9/30/2014 12:28:00 PM

By far my most favourite brush of all time. My skin looks flawless everytime I use it. Making my face look airbrushed. It covers my blemishes and sports like a dream. Would recommend to anybody who wants an amazing brush. To be completely honest I love every single one of the brushes released by real techniques.

on 9/24/2014 3:41:00 AM

Update

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

*Edit, 12/28* I don't understand. Almost all of my RT brushes have gotten rough on me for an unknown reason :( they are very nice and soft when you first buy them but it really doesn't last for long. I wash them gently, or I try to anyways. I don't like this for foundation anymore sadly, but I use it to apply cream bronzer (Chanel) and it works okay I guess. The only brush that hasn't become scratchy on me is the blush brush, and the eye brushes are okay too I guess. I'm still trying to decide whether I'd buy more. I'm just really bummed because I'm a big fan of pixiwoo and their brushes looked awesome on youtube. It may be just me but maybe not, judging by some of these reviews. I'll make the rating a 3 because it does a good job of applying cream bronzer. *end edit*

AMAZING brush. It's so soft and beautiful on the skin but still dense enough to work the foundation in. I love using this and that says a lot because I have dry sensitive skin and usually hate the way brushes feel on my skin. Love this brush and love Pixiwoo!

on 9/22/2014 2:17:00 AM

I love this brush! I've never had the famous "Sigma F80" or do I plan to spend that much on a brush, but this one is amazing it buffs in my liquid foundation so well looks flawless and for a good price, I had goten this in the core collection which came with a flat foundation brush and a contour brush but this one is my favorite. I actually like the colors lol reminds me of Halloween as it is approching us lol. the bristles are really soft and dense enough but no scratchy, I also use this occasionly for powder I definetly reccomend this brush for a good quality brush without feeling guilty about buying it and taking it back (which happens occasionly lol) the only down side is you have to buy the core collection and can't get this seperatly.

on 9/17/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love the RT Buffing brush. I use this brush every single day to apply and blend my liquid foundation and concealer. The bristles are very soft and it does not irritate my skin. The brush never sheds and it dries quickly after washing. I wish RT would sell this brush seperate. I don't want to buy another Core Collection for the sake of one brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes