Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Buffing Brush

4.6

on 11/8/2014 11:19:00 AM

Amazing brush, gives a flawless complexion and does not make foundation look cakey or thick, blends in so well. Such an amazing product at such a great price, my favourite make-up brushes. I bought mine off iHerb. i got Sam's Pick, 6 brushes for $30, so pretty much $5 per brush

on 11/8/2014 10:18:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE this brush, use it to apply my foundation and occasionally my contour!
The brush feels so so soft on your skin and spreads foundation across the skin flawlessly, my skin looks way better using this brush than any others i have tried so far, foundation seems to slide on seamlessly with this if used in small circular motions.
I find that the bristles do not irritate my skin either as they are so soft, a win-win!

on 11/3/2014 6:40:00 AM

Best brush from Real Techniques, in my personal opinion!

Over the years my preferences on foundation and makeup tools have changed. First I had acne to cover, and prefer a medium to full coverage, so I would reach to more thick foundations and dense brushes. That's when I bought The Expert Face Brush. I had also a flat top kabuki brush, and back then I really liked them. Especially the Expert Face Brush (which by the way I still recommend) that blended my foundation so beautifully and with a perfect finish.

Over time I went through an acne treatment (with accutane), but even before that, I started to prefer a more natural look and finish. That's when I started to experiment with makeup sponges: beautiful effortless finish!! Amazing!! But then again, they're more difficult to clean and sanitize properly.

When I started accutane, I was not able to use brushes because they accentuate my dry patches so much, and I'm too lazy to use makeup sponges, so I started to use my hands... Until this buffing brush caught my eye. I had to get it! It seemed so soft and not-so-dense that it wouldn't be a problem on my dry sensitive skin. I bought the core collection through iherb.com for less than 14euros...such a bargain!

It was love at first use! It buffs my liquid foundation so easily and the product just blends with your skin, it makes foundation almost look like second skin. Perfect finish, no streaks, and the coverage is amazing: so even and flawless, It's an huge difference compared to using my hands. I also notice that my foundation wears longer when I use this brush. It takes very minimal time to blend my foundation, huge plus!! With the expert face brush, I had to take time to really blend the foundation.

This brush is very soft, easy to clean and it dries very fast, which is very convenient. It also works perfect with powder products. It doesn't scratch my dry sensitive skin, and doesn't emphasize dry patches! Exactly what I was looking for.

It's a great alternative for those who want a great versatile affordable fool proof brush to use with powders and liquids, and find that the expert face brush or flat top kabukis tend to be denser for your preference. I think it's really worth to pay for the core collection just because of this brush, although I would like to see this selling separately when I eventually need a replacement. I mus say that I sold my kabuki brush and my expert face brush, because I no longer reached for those, as they can leave an heavy look, which I no longer want.

on 9/30/2014 12:28:00 PM

By far my most favourite brush of all time. My skin looks flawless everytime I use it. Making my face look airbrushed. It covers my blemishes and sports like a dream. Would recommend to anybody who wants an amazing brush. To be completely honest I love every single one of the brushes released by real techniques.

on 9/24/2014 3:41:00 AM

Update

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

*Edit, 12/28* I don't understand. Almost all of my RT brushes have gotten rough on me for an unknown reason :( they are very nice and soft when you first buy them but it really doesn't last for long. I wash them gently, or I try to anyways. I don't like this for foundation anymore sadly, but I use it to apply cream bronzer (Chanel) and it works okay I guess. The only brush that hasn't become scratchy on me is the blush brush, and the eye brushes are okay too I guess. I'm still trying to decide whether I'd buy more. I'm just really bummed because I'm a big fan of pixiwoo and their brushes looked awesome on youtube. It may be just me but maybe not, judging by some of these reviews. I'll make the rating a 3 because it does a good job of applying cream bronzer. *end edit*

AMAZING brush. It's so soft and beautiful on the skin but still dense enough to work the foundation in. I love using this and that says a lot because I have dry sensitive skin and usually hate the way brushes feel on my skin. Love this brush and love Pixiwoo!

on 9/22/2014 2:17:00 AM

I love this brush! I've never had the famous "Sigma F80" or do I plan to spend that much on a brush, but this one is amazing it buffs in my liquid foundation so well looks flawless and for a good price, I had goten this in the core collection which came with a flat foundation brush and a contour brush but this one is my favorite. I actually like the colors lol reminds me of Halloween as it is approching us lol. the bristles are really soft and dense enough but no scratchy, I also use this occasionly for powder I definetly reccomend this brush for a good quality brush without feeling guilty about buying it and taking it back (which happens occasionly lol) the only down side is you have to buy the core collection and can't get this seperatly.

on 9/17/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love the RT Buffing brush. I use this brush every single day to apply and blend my liquid foundation and concealer. The bristles are very soft and it does not irritate my skin. The brush never sheds and it dries quickly after washing. I wish RT would sell this brush seperate. I don't want to buy another Core Collection for the sake of one brush.

on 9/16/2014 1:51:00 PM

really great foundation brush. Blends liquid foundation well and also the Bobbi Brown foundation stick. I reach for this more than i do the expert brush, because it is less dense and buffs in the product without removing any of it. I got it off amazon in the core set. No shedding when washing and no stinky smell. Fairly soft , not scratchy at all.

on 8/17/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried soo many buffing brushes but after buying this at an amazing price $9 I believe, I am never turning away from this! I use this to apply my liquid foundation, its hard to explain but it really doesd buff the foundation into your skin giving you such a beautiful and even finish! I do the foundation all over my face then gently just using the brush in a circular motion. I am going to buy another one as I feel it would also be a great blush brush. I have also brought one for my sister and she said this is the best brush she has ever used. I cant wait to try the other brushes out by this range.

Popular Makeup Brushes