October 30, 2014 | 1399 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Buffing Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by lolo0310

I'm sorry I had high hopes for this brush since it was highly recommended. But it shed like crazy and I had to throw it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Believe the HYPE .... this is the most perfect buffing brush ever. I purchased the Core Collection just for the buffing brush alone ...... the Core Collection is $17.99, however, I would have paid that amount or even double for the buffing brush alone ..... yes, that is how much I really love the buffing brush ...... I have a few discolorations on my chin and I use a bit of concealer and my buffing brush, and it truly does give you an "airbrushed" quality ...... the buffing brush makes powders and creams go on flawlessly ...... the Core Collection and Real Techniques is a cheap investment for excellent quality brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by AnneSophieP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this brush! I use it every day to apply my foundation. I can't live without it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's time for me to jump on the band wagon with this brush. When these brushes came out, I was a big fan of the Pixiwoo sisters and when I found Sam was putting out a range that were fully synthetic, I had to have it ( especially after finding the umpteenth random black hair on my face). Unfortunately in NZ we rarely get the good stuff, but when we do it's 6 times the price, so it took me a while to track these down, but finally I found them at an excellent price and loaded up on the range. I've been using this particular brush now since 2011-early 2012 and frankly, other than the label rubbing off in a couple of places, it's still looking and performing like new, as are the rest of my RT brushes.

This particular brush has become a major favourite for a few reasons. It's versatile, it cleans super quickly and leaves a skin-like finish. When going away I pack this, the powder brush and the multitasking, maybe a dome brush for eye shadow / concealer. I COULD just get away with this and the mutlitasker, because I can and do, do my entire face with these two most of the time. Foundation, concealer and blush with this, the other for powder. I can even get my brows sorted with this one! For background, I prefer sleep over spending ages doing my face, and as someone who is a main caregiver to a family member or two and also works full time, I have spent a lot of time refining what works for me to get me looking tidy and fresh very, very quickly.

This brush is nice and dense, excellent for liquid and cream products AND mineral powders alike. The only down side to this brush is that because it's so dense it picks up a lot of product when you're using liquid (no problems with cream) and it does get stored away in the dense brush. I mix and match foundations a lot and when I use the brush to mix it sucks the product up something fierce. I suffer from Acne Rosacea so need to make sure I keep the products and tools I use really clean - a day too long and there is bacteria built up (a fact of life on a product that is used wet, not a fault of the brush) and it transfers to my skin and kicks the dreaded process off again. I try and remember to use this to only pick the product up and apply, but sometimes I do just forget and mix with it too. That guarantees me doing a deep clean straight after because of my skin type.

BUT, it cleans so easily, I just use whatever soap or shampoo is handy, wash until clear, then rub off on a clean towel until it's just about dry - only a minute. An hour on the window ledge in a dry room and this thing is BONE dry. My MAC brushes used to take hours (sometimes they wouldn't even be dry the next day). Even better, I am not precious about cleaning this as if it were china, I scrub at it, I get water down the ferrule all the time and since 2011 when I bought this, it's not shed or loosened once. Awesome stuff because I need wash mine a lot because of the above, and can't spot clean because I'm allergic to most forms of alcohol (yay!) and most spot cleaner I've found is just that.

I have now sold or given away all other brand of brushes except these and my few eco tools, because these are just that good. The best bit is they're so cheap. For those of us in NZ, try getting yours on iHerb.com, even with shipping (usually only about $4US) these are cheaper than the Mia and whatever other cheap rubbish brushes we have access to here. I've now bought all the brushes in the range except the duo-fibre (because I have not heard good things about those), as well as their sponge, and along with my eco tools blending brush, that's all I have.

If you were going to get one brush from the range, this should be it. And that's my only complaint - I don't need dupes of all the other brushes in the basics kit - I would love it if you could buy this brush on it's own. While the Kit is still really reasonably priced, it's a waste to buy duplicates that you don't need. This might have changed in the last little while, but I think they do need to separate them out. Until then, and because I think the stand is naff, I give the packaging on this a 2. The over all price and rating is 5 (would give it more if I could).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by SWhitaker05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best brush I have tried thus far. It is pretty amazing! The price was great also.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Kiran2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had this brush for about a year and a half now and i don't know how i ever did my makeup without it! I was originally looking to invest in some Mac brushes but then heard great reviews on the real techniques collection and wanted to give them a try.I am so glad i went ahead and purchased this as i have not put this brush down since.It buffs in my liquid foundation beautifully and does not leave any streaks unlike some brushes.The bristles are densely packed and i have not experienced any shedding at all even after washing this several times.It is so easy to clean and as the bristles are synthetic they wont soak up all your product.I have used this brush with both light and full coverage foundation and find that the application and finish this brush gives is amazing.Highly recommend trying out the real techniques brushes if you are looking for good quality makeup brushes without the high-end price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I had my blending game on point when I had the Sigma F80, but then I started using this. Its so soft and blends like magic. I feel like the RT brushes are put together better than the Sigma variety, Ive had not one hair shed on any of mine, but half of my Sigma brushes have fallen apart after less than a year of use. This buffing brush truly gives that Photoshopped look to your foundation. I noticed it is a bit harder to clean than the other RT brushes, but it dries quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Whenever I want something sheerer and more natural I go for this brush. So more like day time/interview/date type occasions where you want them to think wow she looks naturally pretty not oh her foundation looks really good! This blends really well! Make sure to wash it once a week if you use it on a daily basis, because when itís dirty it does start streaking! But thatís most brushes. I wish they sold this separately and not just in the face kit, that is the only downside!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brush for either applying powder foundation or liquid foundation. Blends foundation seamlessly into skin with no weird lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by annalea

I have had this brush for about a year and a half now and have used it almost every single day since I have owned it. I am a VERY part-time freelance makeup artist and use it on clients as well. It is hands-down my favorite tool (of any kind) to apply liquid foundation. It buffs product perfectly into the skin and does a great job blending down the neck so the foundation is seamless.
I have extremely combo/oily skin and I have to say that this brush has made more of a difference in how my face wears makeup then any product I have ever purchased. I think because of the way it presses and buffs product into my skin, it makes ANY foundation wear longer and better than usual.
The brush cleans extremely well and I have never had a problem with it shedding (that is true for all of the Real Technique brushes that I own). It is almost 2 years old and looks brand new... if this thing ever wears out I will 100% go pick up another one.