September 2, 2014 | 974 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Buffing Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I had my blending game on point when I had the Sigma F80, but then I started using this. Its so soft and blends like magic. I feel like the RT brushes are put together better than the Sigma variety, Ive had not one hair shed on any of mine, but half of my Sigma brushes have fallen apart after less than a year of use. This buffing brush truly gives that Photoshopped look to your foundation. I noticed it is a bit harder to clean than the other RT brushes, but it dries quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Whenever I want something sheerer and more natural I go for this brush. So more like day time/interview/date type occasions where you want them to think wow she looks naturally pretty not oh her foundation looks really good! This blends really well! Make sure to wash it once a week if you use it on a daily basis, because when itís dirty it does start streaking! But thatís most brushes. I wish they sold this separately and not just in the face kit, that is the only downside!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brush for either applying powder foundation or liquid foundation. Blends foundation seamlessly into skin with no weird lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by annalea

I have had this brush for about a year and a half now and have used it almost every single day since I have owned it. I am a VERY part-time freelance makeup artist and use it on clients as well. It is hands-down my favorite tool (of any kind) to apply liquid foundation. It buffs product perfectly into the skin and does a great job blending down the neck so the foundation is seamless.
I have extremely combo/oily skin and I have to say that this brush has made more of a difference in how my face wears makeup then any product I have ever purchased. I think because of the way it presses and buffs product into my skin, it makes ANY foundation wear longer and better than usual.
The brush cleans extremely well and I have never had a problem with it shedding (that is true for all of the Real Technique brushes that I own). It is almost 2 years old and looks brand new... if this thing ever wears out I will 100% go pick up another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A full rating for a truly wonderful product. I've been neglecting my Sigma F80, ELF Studio Powder, and Real Techniques Expert Face brushes for this bad boy alone. I'm not saying that those brushes I mentioned do a bad job, it's just that this brush is just THAT GOOD and does everything I expected it to do, or even more. The finish is so smooth and flawless yet still light, unlike F80 that makes your skin look flawless but somehow still gives a heavy look on it. You only need very little product with this brush, and for some reason my foundation seems to stay on for a longer time whenever I apply it with this brush (I have super oily skin and I've yet to find a foundation that stays long on my skin that doesn't break me out). Not to mention this brush is so cheap and comes in a set with other three brushes (the contour brush is just as wonderful!). No shedding either. The design is fun and very stylish (and to be honest at first it was the product design alone that attracted me to Real Techniques brushes.)

HG status definitely and I will buy this again and again. I've been contemplating on buying a few more sets just because I want to, lol. Thank you so much, Samantha Chapman.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I am in love with this brush. I have brushes from Too Faced, MAC, Sigma, MUFE and Sephora and this tops them all. I use this brush to buff in my HG powder foundation, Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Pressed. However, for special occasions it blends out my Graftobian Glamour Cremes, Laura Mercier, Lancome and other liquid/cream foundations to perfection. Gives an airbrushed, flawless finish, and whatever base I'm wearing lasts longer too. It's the perfect size, although I wish the handle was a bit shorter. The bristles are soft but firm, and don't scratch my sensitive skin. I wash my makeup brushes once every four days or so, with brush shampoo and lukewarm water. Most take 24 hours to dry, sometimes several days, it's annoying. Not this brush. It rinses clean and dries in 15 minutes tops. So convenient for an on-the-go girl like me. My makeup bag will NEVER be without this brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lollycat99

Am I the only one who got a bad brush?! Right after I opened it I ran my fingers through the bristles and they were NOT soft AT ALL like literally no feeling of softness whatsoever. I hope it gets softer after I wash it with olive oil and soap ...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thing is awesome!
I've been looking for the best brush or sponge for foundation for a very long time. I first invested in the Sephora Pro Airbrush Foundation brush, which I still really like, but it has to be kept very clean to blend well. I got the BeautyBlender, and it leaves a really nice finish, but it doesn't fit into my everyday routine because it takes longer to apply than using a brush and I don't think it makes foundation last as long because you can't really buff it into the skin, it kind of sits on top.
FINALLY, I unexpectedly found this within the Core Collection set and I've been reaching for it ever since. It does a great job of easily getting into tricky spots like the sides of the nose and under eye. My face just looks so smooth when I'm finished with it.
The only thing I don't love about it is that when I use it to stipple on foundation to get more coverage on certain spots it feels prickly, which really surprised me bc of how smooth it feels when buffing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by pookiedoll80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best brush I have ever used. And I have tried everything there is out there from $100 brushes to $5.00. I personally use it for powder foundations but I can see it being great for liquid as well. It never sheds, its not itchy. Gives the coverage you desire whether sheer or matte. The brush itself is sturdy and not cheap looking. I use other brushes from this line as well. But this is my HG brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Luv this brush it is fantastic! I use mine to buff in my Ambient powder or I'll use it to blend my blush. I also love it for bronzer and blending contour lines. Super soft buffs powders,liquids,highlighters like a dream. Very easy to keep in good condition a little gentle shampoo does the trick for me. I as well wish it was sold separately and the contour brush as well. I love this brush because no matter what I put on this bad boy makes it look flawless and perfectly blended. I especially like the results I get with bronzer it looks so natural when blended with this brush. Love it and it's worth getting the Core Collection to have it. Definitely Recommended!