October 21, 2014 | 2074 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner - London Baby!

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh yeah baby! London Baby is, as a makeup boarder put it, amazeballs! It's a gorgeous, deeply pigmented brown colour. And it's dirt cheap. What more do you want? Oh yeah, you also want quality. Well, quality is great too, though I do find it too soft. It's like whipped butter left at room temperature - much much softer than any other liner I've worked with. Because of this, I wouldn't recommend this for beginners, it's a bit tougher to work with. It's also harder to remove than most other liners I have. But hey, for the price, may as well give it a try. I'm afraid this may be discontinued because I picked it up for $2 in the clearance bin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Possibly the best, most smudge-resistant, smoothly applied, gorgeous colored gel eyeliner I have ever used. I have oily, hooded lids, so many supposedly "smudge proof" gel liners do not hold up for me, but this absolutely does. This color is a beautiful blackish, grayish brown. Unique in my collection. Softer than black and totally in tune with all my cool-toned neutral shadows. And I got this on clearance at my local grocery store for $1.00! Gel eyeliners at more than 20x the price from high end brands cannot compete with this one. Highly recommended. EDIT: And apparently discontinued, so get it where you find it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty awesome product. It is dirt cheap and yet it's of a superb quality. I wonder how they manage their costs and quality so well. The pigmentation is really good, one swipe and it's enough to make my eyes look defined. The colour London Baby is a really unique one and I absolutely love it. It looks like a mix between a brown and the graphite shimmer shade from bobbi brown. I love my liquid liners but whenever I am not looking for such a sharp look, I turn to my brown pencil eyeliners. Initially, I wanted to purchase the maybelline gel eyeliner in brown and when I was in the drugstore, I saw this and the price just was too good to pass up on. I thought this would be a brown eyeliner but it's not exactly brown yet it does it's job very well. I have bought bobbi brown's gel eyeliner in Graphite Shimmer but I don't really reach for it much. I would definitely recommend this to everyone. I don't use this on my waterline though. It lasts all day on my super oily eyelids and I have no problem with transfer although I have slightly hooded lids. I'm in love with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I really like the uniqueness of the color. It's taupe, brown, and charcoal all at once (think another reviewer mentioned that too!). It's a great value for the price, as it does have long lasting power. It stays all day on my waterline too. Can't beat the value.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Kali89

I have been looking for an eyeliner replacement since I ran out of my MAC. I liked MAC, but I was tired of black & brown. I read a review on here that recommended this color by Essence. I went to visit my brother and decided to locate an Ulta store to pick some up. Two hours and two stops-at-McDonaldlot-steal-their-wifi later and we found it. I would do it again. This stuff is amazing. It is creamy and easy to apply. The color is a mix of brown, gray, and purple. Growple? Yeah, I'm gonna say growple. It's just wonderful. For less than $4. Try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted something that is not black but still quite wearable for everyday and I still have my Heavy Rotation black gel liner which is my HG liner. It is a dark charcoal taupe with micro shimmers in it which makes it really pretty and extremely wearable for daily usage without making it boring. The shimmers create a multidimensional look which makes it less flat unlike the boring black that I can get bored at times.
This has an amazing consistency for a gel liner that is SO CHEAP! It's creamy and glides on smoothly with amazing color payoff. I have never tried the Maybelline gel liner that everyone raves about but I prefer a soft creamy consistency for gel liners like my Heavy Rotation liner. THIS, has a pretty similar consistency with the Heavy Rotation gel liner which is a MAJOR plus with me. I use it for days that I want to play up my eyes and look less boring.
It comes in a really huge pot for a gel liner, much bigger than my Heavy Rotation liner and for only a fraction of the price that I paid for my Heavy Rotation liner. I cannot stop raving about this liner because it wears on my lids so well without smudging and totally waterproof. It's very similar to my HG eyeliner in terms of consistency and wearing power so it's close to HG.
Definitely repurchase, in the other shades as well. Just because this makes my eyes look bigger without looking flat with just plain ol' black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love!!! I love the color, the creaminess and how well it stays put. The color is gorgeous- somewhere between bronzy brown and black. Natural looking, and so much cheaper than Mac. I will buy this in black as well. Thank you to the girls before me for recommending this Kissessssssss!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by amoii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i use this eyeliner on my waterline (cause its not too harsh, its the right colour) and i can say it lasts all day. i was working from 12 - 9 and stayed on which is suprising!. IMO its better than the maybelline gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by stls

I find essence gel liners surprisingly good.
They perform equally to MAC and they're dirt cheep. Packaging is not bad either.
Consistency is creamy, very easy to apply precisely and stays put!
This particular color is a not too dark charcoal with slight sheen. It's a great daytime alternative to black gel liner. Recommended!

Update: After a month of almost daily use, I'm trilled! It goes on lovely, stays all day, it's more subtle than black and more interesting than brown. Goes well with every look and color, I need a buckup now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this eyeliner because I love a color that's between black and brown, and this one is. Its not as harsh as a true black, but still deeper and darker than a true brown. It goes on smooth without tugging or skipping, and wears well. I would repurchase.